• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[SPOILERS] Dangan Ronpa 2 Spoiler Thread | Aloha, Despair!

Nyoro SF

1316976876321urjzl.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
FINALLY, completed Island Mode & got the platinum (got distracted by Theatrhythm Curtain Call). Didn't realize I left my Vita in sleep mode while on day 37 of my final playthrough (already had the final 4 characters maxed out). Think I just felt an urge to actually construct the stuff, but I finally gave in & just slept the rest of the days.

I feel like DR2 took a slightly shorter amount of time to platinum compared to DR1. Probably helped that I really didn't need to go back & grind for coins, white noise, & such since I got them naturally this time around. Not to mention I think it took me 1 less playthrough of Island Mode (3 total) compared to DR1 (4 or 5). Heck, the pets and leveling up didn't take as long as expected since I went back to Ch. 1 a few times to combine it with doing some FTEs.

Kinda off topic, but I just caved in and bought a Junko figure, will arrive in a couple weeks but it was totally worth it.

Now I can also have parts of the Queen.

Komaeda_(19).png

FluxWaveZ

As anticipated, DR:AE did well in terms of initial sales. Bodes well for the future of the series; the series growth certainly makes me think of something like Persona or, more similarly, of a similar relevance to Ace Attorney.

LX_Theo

Banned
As anticipated, DR:AE did well in terms of initial sales. Bodes well for the future of the series; the series growth certainly makes me think of something like Persona or, more similarly, of a similar relevance to Ace Attorney.
Anything on how well it did compared to the first two? I know it did well, but it'd be nice to know how it fares for the series.

FluxWaveZ

Anything on how well it did compared to the first two? I know it did well, but it'd be nice to know how it fares for the series.

From the Media Create thread:
08. / 00. [PSP] Dangan-Ronpa (Spike) {25/11/10} - 25.564 / NEW
05./00. [PSP] Super Dangan-Ronpa 2: Sayonara Zetsubou Gakuen # <ADV> (Spike Chunsoft) {2012.07.26} (¥6.279) - 69.000 / NEW
05./00. [PSV] Dangan-Ronpa 1-2: Reload <ADV> (Spike Chunsoft) {2013.10.10} (¥5.229) - 76.172 / NEW
05./00. [PSV] DanganRonpa: Another Episode <ADV> (Spike Chunsoft) {2014.09.25} (¥7.020) - 63.898 / NEW <80-100%>

Those are the Famitsu numbers. It did really well for a spin-off. Makes the likelihood of us getting the game even higher (I'd like to think it was inevitable, but I don't know if the series has reached that point yet), as well as further DR games, which is neat.

I think it's also important to look at the sell-through rate for Another Episode. It basically met up with what Spike Chunsoft's expectations were for this game (even from what I read, it's sold out in most stores), so they should definitely be happy with this.

DaBoss

I think it's also important to look at the sell-through rate for Another Episode. It basically met up with what Spike Chunsoft's expectations were for this game (even from what I read, it's sold out in most stores), so they should definitely be happy with this.
Pretty sure retailers are the ones who decide how many copies they want to buy, but they should be happy with the results. There were reports saying there were stock issues for the game.

Busaiku

Trigger Happy Havoc sold like 13.5k, and probably like the 5,000+ or so from NISA's store (which isn't tracked).
If that was good enough to convince them to localize Goodbye Despair, I imagine we'll get Another Episode.

Trigger Happy Havoc sold like 13.5k, and probably like the 5,000+ or so from NISA's store (which isn't tracked).
If that was good enough to convince them to localize Goodbye Despair, I imagine we'll get Another Episode.

Goodbye Despair was planned for localization before Trigger Happy Havoc even released. It's likely they got a 2 for 1 deal due to Reload 1.2.

I find it to be awesome that this series is selling so well.

But it also makes me very sad to think Zero Escape isn't getting a sequel because of lack of sales </3

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Even cooler is that each page changes it to something else, & the theme plays in the background as well. Would be awesome if we got this in the US (perhaps as a pre-order or LE bonus?).

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
So reading IF, this certainly just turned into the Mukuro x Naegi show, didn't it.

Kinda sucks that we can't use spoiler avatars. Would love to have a Minimaru or eye-patched Fuyuhiko one.

Minimaru doesn't seem spoilery to me. If I saw it before I knew Mechamaru, I wouldn't know what it was. After, I'd just assume it was a chibi drawing of him. "He was murdered and rebuilt into an action figure with a few dozen oddly specific action phrases," would not be high on my list of guesses.

Eye patch Fuyuhiko, on the other hand, yeah, you're out of luck, there.

Top Bottom