• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[SPOILERS] Dangan Ronpa 2 Spoiler Thread | Aloha, Despair!

I really wanted to use this sprite:

Komaeda_%2811%29.png

As an avatar. Alas, I wouldn't want to set preconceptions about the character beforehand.

People will find out he's a dick soon enough!

I mean no one seem to care when I had a Hajime avatar showing his love for underwear as spoiling them.

FluxWaveZ

When they make DR3, they really need to get rid of a lot of the more "game-y" elements. It's clear that at least most people on this forum dislike them as they hinder the game's pacing and also make little sense in context (it's all supposed to be figurative, but still). The trials truly shine when the systems are abstracted as little as possible (Rebuttals, Endless Debates, Closing Argument...).

They should focus more on adding to those and refining them than making up new (lame) mini-games. Also, I think they should straight up ditch Logic Dive; Ace Attorney 5's Revisualization system followed the exact same concept, but it was simplified to not mess with the pacing.

Jintor

When they make DR3, they really need to get rid of a lot of the more "game-y" elements. It's clear that at least most people on this forum dislike them as they hinder the game's pacing and also make little sense in context (it's all supposed to be figurative, but still). The trials truly shine when the systems are abstracted as little as possible (Rebuttals, Endless Debates, Closing Argument...).

They should focus more on adding to those and refining them than making up new (lame) mini-games. Also, I think they should straight up ditch Logic Dive; Ace Attorney 5's Revisualization system followed the exact same concept, but it was simplified to not mess with the pacing.

Really, AA5 didn't use revisualisation nearly enough.

Almost as good as Edgeworth's logic bombs

Vylash

5%28134%29.png

Meia

Hina really was way better than Akane yo

Greatly agree with this. The only thing I think Akane really had going for her was her tragic past, but in a game that also had Mikan in it, even this doesn't hold that much weight.

Plus Hina is just adorable. :p

"Setting up a murder nobody can solve... That was Nagito's true goal!"

I really couldn't believe what I was reading and seeing at this point. Watching the whole truth unfold behind Nagito's plan was just insane and amazing. All the careful planning and steps, relying on his luck, and the fact that anyone could have been the culprit just made me realize how cunning Nagito was. I mean, were it not for Chiaki coming forward, they would have all been at a stalemate as to who to vote for as the culprit. Oh, and to top it all off, discovering the traitor was Chiaki and seeing her get executed just made things all the more painful. I never expected this much despair from the "stepping stone for hope."

Seeing it all come together, Chapter 5 was crazy, man. I think it's one of the best.

ss-hikaru

To share what I got today:

The box for this is so amazing, I'm quite tempted to keep him in this box, lol

Is that Aomine in the background?

I can't believe how nice the Danganronpa figures are. The one coin mini ones are super adorable too. It's really hard trying to stop myself from buying any...at least amiami sells out quick XD

How are they spoilers?

Probably about who lives and who dies until a certain point.

By the way, I came here initially looking for the dancing Monokuma GIF, but could not find it- I spoiled myself Chapter 05 instead. Completely my fault, but still...

The despair, oh the despair...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I think Logic Dive is cool in concept and pretty harmless in execution. I have no qualm with it.

also the music is rad
Agreed. I'm guessing that the idea was you were "diving" deep into your mind in order to think of the answer. I didn't mind it for the most part.

.....now let us hope they don't try to "improve" it.

Zareka

There are so many Nagito avatars I want to use but can't because spoilers. :( I don't mind too much though, considering how much I despise spoilers. I'd rather keep other people untainted than be able to use an avatar.

Also, logic dive was awesome. It was the only mini game that I consistently liked and never got annoyed with.

If you're holding accelerate through the question portions that's your own problem. Brake is there for a reason!
Sexy figure.
I want it. Are there any Nagito figures? I will buy one so hard if there is.

Edit: nvm, found one after 3 seconds of googling. Looks amazing, hella expensive.

By the way, I came here initially looking for the dancing Monokuma GIF, but could not find it- I spoiled myself Chapter 05 instead. Completely my fault, but still...

The despair, oh the despair...

You should've just asked for it in the OT, pretty sure that at least 70% of DR GAF has it.

"Setting up a murder nobody can solve... That was Nagito's true goal!"

I really couldn't believe what I was reading and seeing at this point. Watching the whole truth unfold behind Nagito's plan was just insane and amazing. All the careful planning and steps, relying on his luck, and the fact that anyone could have been the culprit just made me realize how cunning Nagito was. I mean, were it not for Chiaki coming forward, they would have all been at a stalemate as to who to vote for as the culprit. Oh, and to top it all off, discovering the traitor was Chiaki and seeing her get executed just made things all the more painful. I never expected this much despair from the "stepping stone for hope."

Seeing it all come together, Chapter 5 was crazy, man. I think it's one of the best.

I think the worse part is that you realize Chiaki was basically leading the whole trial. She was helping you figure out it was her and basically encouraging everyone to keep going at it instead of giving up midway. She was probably the only 'murderer' who wanted to get caught and helped everyone figure that out along the way.

Is that Aomine in the background?

I can't believe how nice the Danganronpa figures are. The one coin mini ones are super adorable too. It's really hard trying to stop myself from buying any...at least amiami sells out quick XD

Nah, that's a Kuroko Tetsuya (black uniform) figure I got the other day.

Yep, the one coin mini ones are great. Got them all preordered!

I want it. Are there any Nagito figures? I will buy one so hard if there is.

Edit: nvm, found one after 3 seconds of googling. Looks amazing, hella expensive.

There are like three, lol
There's a nendo-size one that's coming out if you aren't looking to break your bank completely.

Nyoro SF

I still think they can create good minigames that are fun. I think they tried really hard, but ended up giving us a bunch of half good half bad decisions.

Holding down the button during PTAs... fuck. that. nonsense

Meia

A lot of the games just aren't implemented all that well. PTAs or BTBs I understand the point of, and don't harm the flow of the game at all, so those are fine(not a fan of the changes they made to it in 2, but whatever). Rebuttal was ok once I figured out how the hell to even play it, and actually added a bit to the trial segments. Logic Dive by itself is fun, but way too long for what it's trying to do, and if used at the wrong time in a trial stops like ALL momentum(case 6 is especially guilty of this). Hangman's Gambit was innocent in 1, and can fuck off into space in 2.

abrack08

I think the worse part is that you realize Chiaki was basically leading the whole trial. She was helping you figure out it was her and basically encouraging everyone to keep going at it instead of giving up midway. She was probably the only 'murderer' who wanted to get caught and helped everyone figure that out along the way.

You think she knew that she killed him? The whole murder/poison thing seemed like a surprise to her too.

You think she knew that she killed him? The whole murder/poison thing seemed like a surprise to her too.

She realized it first, so ok, it wasn't like she knew it from the get go but even once she found it out she still kept going with encouraging everyone to keep going with the trial.

Meia

In all likelihood not, but when she realized the whole thing was a trap to begin with that Nagito set up, there's little doubt she knew exactly what was going on. She could have picked up on something like that with her own investigation before the trial started, though she was already questioning things when her own handbook didn't work on the bomb. Of course, all of this was moot since she had already thrown the fire grenade at that point.

I'm more curious to know if she knew about the whole cast being ultimate despairs from the beginning, and starts warming up to the others as the game goes on and sees that they're ok now.

I'm more curious to know if she knew about the whole cast being ultimate despairs from the beginning, and starts warming up to the others as the game goes on and sees that they're ok now.

That does make sense since she does kinda separate herself from the cast during the party to guard against Monokuma. It could mean she was on guard against everyone and after realizing everyone was ok, she starts interacting with everyone more.

She basically takes over Nagito's position during the investigations on chapter 2 forward too, which could be a sign of her befriending Hajime.

LX_Theo

Banned

I think her reasoning was more along the line of... "We have a better chance of Nagito's luck getting it right than us choosing at random and getting it right. So, I will reveal myself to be the traitor."

abrack08

I think her reasoning was more along the line of... "We have a better chance of Nagito's luck getting it right than us choosing at random and getting it right. So, I will reveal myself to be the traitor."

Right, I agree with that. He had said that Chiaki was leading the whole trial helping everyone figure out it was her, when I don't even think she realized it was her until near the end ("it" being the murderer, not the traitor, obviously).

Rubedo

I don't think even Monokuma could select a single one person as the murderer. I was under the impression all their canisters hit and killed him at the same time but since that was unsolvable, Monokuma just took the intended murderer (the traitor) as the correct answer if they could guess it.

I don't think even Monokuma could select a single one person as the murderer. I was under the impression all their canisters hit and killed him at the same time but since that was unsolvable, Monokuma just took the intended murderer (the traitor) as the correct answer if they could guess it.

Monokuma could probably knew which single canister had its content switched with poison and which person grabbed that canister.

I thought all the canisters had the poison put in them?

I think that would make the entire thing literally unsolvable and also make Nagito's weed out the traitor thing moot.

He bet on his luck that the traitor would be the (un)lucky one to grab the canister with poison and throw it. Then, they would technically be the murderer.

Rubedo

I think that would make the entire thing literally unsolvable and also make Nagito's weed out the traitor thing moot.

He bet on his luck that the traitor would be the (un)lucky one to grab the canister with poison and throw it. Then, they would technically be the murderer.

Yeah I thought making it unsolvable was the point. There would be absolutely no way anyone could know which one did the actual killing but he hoped his luck would allow ot to be Chiaki. But since they all threw poison and no evidence pointed to specifically her, they would most likely get it wrong and all would die except her.

I've thought about something.

We know Naegi doesn't want to execute the members of the Ultimate Despair, but what's the worst that could happen if the survivors chose to graduate instead of rebooting the system ?
There probably is a crew that's watching what's happening and can restrain or execute the JUNKOS clones.

Zareka

There are like three, lol
There's a nendo-size one that's coming out if you aren't looking to break your bank completely.

Hmm, I saw that one but I was kind of hoping for a full size figure.

Oh well, it might be Chibified but the face is accurate enough that it's a good compromise for the price. Thanks for the heads up, I'll try and pick this up whenever I have spare money lying around. :)

Top Bottom