• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[SPOILERS] Dangan Ronpa 2 Spoiler Thread | Aloha, Despair!

If the DeSu2 anime was a route in the game it'd be the "How did you fuck up this bad. I didn't even know it was possible to reach this level of fuck up" route.

That said, I still thought it was sorta amusing on its own. Kinda.

I see that you found my favorite DR2 fan video. It's just perfect really.

I'm also pretty fond of this one myself
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=op6tECZV6VE

That one's pretty good. There's also a billion MMD ones. I like this one. If there's one things DR fans have, it's passion for making neat stuff.

Pixiv and niconico frequenters, we need a compilation of all the good fanmade stuff out there (particularly the despair versions of the cast).

If the DeSu2 anime was a route in the game it'd be the "How did you fuck up this bad. I didn't even know it was possible to reach this level of fuck up" route.

That said, I still thought it was sorta amusing on its own. Kinda.

I kinda expected it would lead to something related to the 3DS port of DeSu2 but that's probably vaporware at this point, lol

That's what I figured. I've only played a little bit of DS2 but so far I've
prevented any deaths.

Note that he doesn't mean
"everyone that's possible to get killed dies" everybody dies
, he means
"literally everyone dies, even the people that are supposed to be unable to die until at least after the route split or just supposed to be unable to die at all period" everybody dies

I kinda expected it would lead to something related to the 3DS port of DeSu2 but that's probably vaporware at this point, lol

Same which is a shame because I was waiting for it to play DeSu2 for the first time.

kewlmyc

Yeah, the Devil Survivor 2 anime was so bad that the game that the anime was supposed to be advertising, Devil Survivor 2 Break Record, has been delayed indefinitely. Hahaha.

Labrys

Note that he doesn't mean
"everyone that's possible to get killed dies" everybody dies
, he means
"literally everyone dies, even the people that are supposed to be unable to die until at least after the route split or just supposed to be unable to die at all period" everybody dies

Mioda_%282%29.png

Same which is a shame because I was waiting for it to play DeSu2 for the first time.

Haha, I actually put off plans to play DeSu2 once the anime/3DS version was announced cause I wanted to play that.

I know it had to have bombed in DVD sales (just like DR), but do we know just how much of a financial disaster that was?

Well probably didn't help Atlus's parent company, Index, was going through some problems of its own.

And while DR's anime sales weren't the best thing ever, it didn't do that terrible. Average enough for an anime series.

Huh, I could've sworn seeing they were worse than that.

Somewhat more on topic, I really want a SDR2 anime. Not because I have hope it'd be done properly, but so that it can also have an awesome abridged series.

Somewhat more on topic, I really want a SDR2 anime. Not because I have hope it'd be done properly, but so that it can also have an awesome abridged series.

I'm still waiting for it to happen (just so I'm not proven wrong)

I mean why else would they be releasing so much SDR2 merchandise if there's no anime to promote!

PK Gaming

Seriously.

I think i'd still watch the SDR2 anime on its own because I just plain like it so much.

OceanBlue

Seriously.

I think i'd still watch the SDR2 anime on its own because I just plain like it so much.

If I wanted to watch it, it'd be for character moments. I heard the first anime almost straight-up copies the game for the trials--UI and everything--so I feel like I'd rather just replay the game if that's the case lol.

Although watching an anime would mean I wouldn't have to do the minigames. :O

If I wanted to watch it, it'd be for character moments. I heard the first anime almost straight-up copies the game for the trials--UI and everything--so I feel like I'd rather just replay the game if that's the case lol.

Yes but imo animated Monokuma justifies its existence

kewlmyc

Chalk another one up for having a SDR2 anime. It would suck ass, but I would still watch it to see some scenes animated.

Then I'll be disappointed when they just have 1 frame pans of all the scenes I'm talking about.

Although watching an anime would mean I wouldn't have to do the minigames. :O

I like the anime cause it gave us scenes like this:
c6bTkpb.gif

If we're still on the subject of AMVs/MADs, I really like this Nichijou one.

I never knew Danganronpa was so moe~

Pics_nao

Just finished the chapter 5 trial and PTA.

Fuck this game. Jesus fucking christ I cannot get attached to anyone without them being ripped away from me

Put me down for against an anime adaptation. I definitely think it won't be a quality series, and more importantly, I can convince some of my friends to actually play the game if there's no anime counterpart. One of my friends actually thought the DR anime was really good...

Put me down for against an anime adaptation. I definitely think it won't be a quality series, and more importantly, I can convince some of my friends to actually play the game if there's no anime counterpart. One of my friends actually thought the DR anime was really good...

Sounds like one of my friends who I got to like this series.

He watched the anime first and liked it. But, I still can't get his indecisive self to get a damn Vita though.

ivTQxVk.png

He watched the anime first and liked it. But, I still can't get his indecisive self to get a damn Vita though.

Our friends sound like the same person. Mine wants and loves everything, yet buys nothing in her indecisiveness... Last I heard, was that she wasn't going to get a PS3 nor Vita because her brother would get her a PS4; she still doesn't have the PS4 and that was close to a year ago.

My other friend has a Vita, but he doesn't know he likes murder mysteries... yet.

Komaeda_%2829%29.png

pariah164

I like the anime cause it gave us scenes like this:
c6bTkpb.gif
Forget forget forget forget BEEEEEAM~!

I need to go back and replay the first one. As good as the characters are in the sequel, and despite it being a better game overall, I like DR1's characters better I think.

wait wait wait
I just beat the game and I want to confirm.

The people that died in the game are basically brain dead? Are they like that in the end? Like will they ever recover? (IBUKI PLEASE)

Also so nanami is an AI like Alter Ego? =( That kind of sucksss

wait wait wait
I just beat the game and I want to confirm.

The people that died in the game are basically brain dead? Are they like that in the end? Like will they ever recover? (IBUKI PLEASE)

Also so nanami is an AI like Alter Ego? =( That kind of sucksss

They're comatose. We don't know if they'll ever wake up, and what they'll be like if they do, but the characters are operating under the assumption that it's possible to wake them. Whether that plot point will be revisited remains to be seen.

So the only characters that TRULY died in the game are AIs, though Nagito is quite possibly dead due to his illness.

They're comatose. We don't know if they'll ever wake up, and what they'll be like if they do, but the characters are operating under the assumption that it's possible to wake them. Whether that plot point will be revisited remains to be seen.

So the only characters that TRULY died in the game are AIs, though Nagito is quite possibly dead due to his illness.

whyyyyyyyyyy nanamiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

It would be like killing off kirigiri T.T

Only bit of Hiyoko sympathy comes from the fact her dad was supposedly the only cool guy in her family. Not really enough to make her likable imo.

Labrys

To be honest I tried to block Saionji out, that's the reason she didn't grace my least favorite list. She's def down there with Kazuichi and Komaeda.

kewlmyc

To be honest I tried to block Saionji out, that's the reason she didn't grace my least favorite list. She's def down there with Kazuichi and Komaeda.

At least Komaeda made the game way more interesting with his bullshit and his contribution made chapter 5 amazing, and Kazuichi actually has a useful ability. Saionji not existing wouldn't hurt the game at all.

Labrys

I'm slightly skewed with how I view Komaeda to be completely honest, a lot of it comes from association to other people and how his character is. He did make it more interesting but boy does he make me uncomfortable.

Soda... I dunno, it's true he was useful, but he's just so. Dead set on Sonia, it makes me feel so iffy. The dude can't take a hint. The whole part where he's like "HEY WHO SAID YOU COULD TALK TO SONIA" kinda confirmed it for me.

kewlmyc

I'm slightly skewed with how I view Komaeda to be completely honest, a lot of it comes from association to other people and how his character is. He did make it more interesting but boy does he make me uncomfortable.

Soda... I dunno, it's true he was useful, but he's just so. Dead set on Sonia, it makes me feel so iffy. The dude can't take a hint. The whole part where he's like "HEY WHO SAID YOU COULD TALK TO SONIA" kinda confirmed it for me.

Association with who? Hinata? The way he does a complete 180 on Hinata in chapter 4 is really a jerk move.

Labrys

Association with who? Hinata? The way he does a complete 180 on Hinata in chapter 4 is really a jerk move.

Ah, sorry, I meant association with in real life people. I knew a few people who sort of acted like him, and then there's a couple who kinda latched on to his character that make me uncomfy and i guess it kinda bled into the actual character.

And yes, the whole passive agressive attitude changes aren't any better.

MSMrRound

I'm also pretty fond of this one myself
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=op6tECZV6VE

Wow that's a great find. Devil Survivor 2 was a pretty crappy anime (kinda regretted that I watched it till the end), but the songs were great.

I wanted to post the Nichijou one so bad, but some already did. Miharu is so fitting as the Gundere.

;_; I WANTED TO SELECT SOUDA SO MUCH BUT THE GAME WOULDN'T LET ME

Because Kodaka Kazutaka is an asshole.

BwnF2xPCQAA5ihY.jpg:large

Top Bottom