• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*SPOILERS* The Walking Dead TV show, leaks, and comic book SPOILER discussion thread

Sanke__

now if i understand correctly negan makes some comment about not wanting to kill a black guy and seem racist, well what if the aaron thing is an elaborate fakeout and he makes some comment about not wanting to be homophobic then bashes darylls face in?

show completely redeemed?

i think so

(well now it would have to be glenn instead of daryll since they did the stupid shoulder shot thing though)

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
now if i understand correctly negan makes some comment about not wanting to kill a black guy and seem racist, well what if the aaron thing is an elaborate fakeout and he makes some comment about not wanting to be homophobic then bashes darylls face in?

show completely redeemed?

i think so

(well now it would have to be glenn instead of daryll since they did the stupid shoulder shot thing though)

That would require Negan knowing that Aaron is gay just by looking at him. Rosita and Michonne are both women and minorities, so I hope he makes a comment about both...which leaves Daryl and Glenn. I need to reread the spoiler about the next episode because I don't even know how Aaron gets mixed up in this. He's still in Alexandria as far as I know...he wasn't even in this episode.

UberTag

<reads over the script>

Don't believe Negan making social commentary about race or sexual orientation is in there at all. Seems like most of his trash talk is reserved exclusively for Rick and Carl.

Sanke__

That would require Negan knowing that Aaron is gay just by looking at him. Rosita and Michonne are both women and minorities, so I hope he makes a comment about both...which leaves Daryl and Glenn. I need to reread the spoiler about the next episode because I don't even know how Aaron gets mixed up in this. He's still in Alexandria as far as I know...he wasn't even in this episode.

aarons boyfriend could be there too for some reason or negan could just have mad intel especially since aaron was their scout so people outside of alexandria know him

but yeah the aaron thing is basically based on a dummy of him perfectly designed for detailed up close head bashing that was shown in a promo video and i believe they've accidentally leaked stuff in the past with the promo videos

would relieve a lot of stress if aaron is just not there at all though

Scott Gimple wrote "East"

No wonder the blatant Carol worship/bias was at a high. Even when she's physically not in the episode that much it still largely revolves around her. They could of at least had her do something different but it was the same old 'act helpless and kill' shtick that is getting really old.

At least there's Negan to look forward to.

Next week will end on a POV from Lucille's victim as they are dying. Fade to black. Voice over of Negan added. "I killed <character name here>. He's definitely dead!"

Unfortunately I've known about this death, or rather scene for a while.

If, and I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt, but if they actually have the fucking gall to actually have a cliffhanger for the death of a character, I will actually be legit done with the show and just go ahead and read the comics if I want Walking Dead for entertainment.

AMC has been milking this shit, and it's so obvious. The last two seasons have been filled with just no big moments or deaths, fake outs and fan service. The fact that they didn't even have the balls to end Daryl tonight shows me they don't have the balls to do anything remotely interesting with the show. These main characters need to start dying, the amount of stupid plot armor they have isn't funny anymore, it's stupid and ruining the insane amount of potential this show has (or had)

someday

Banned
If it happens people aren't going to bitch about him being a nobody...they will bitch that another gay character got killed
It would really suck to lose another good gay character on tv but I'll be more pissed that they decided to kill Aaron and Denise because they didn't have the balls to kill main characters. Saving Abe and Glenn (or Daryl) to kill more Alexandrians would just be a huge cop-out.

i dont care if he wants to have sex with every living thing on the planet
hes had i think 0 screen time this 2nd half of the season
the internet exists AMC and all your ignoring it isnt gonna stop a stupid cliffhanger from being ruined 1-2 months later
just grow some damn balls and kills off a main character
fan outcry be damned

I think Aaron is just there to replace Heath as an Alexandrian from the comics scene. Denise (and Tara) had a lot of screen time and mini-subplots this season, so TWD did its usual screen time = death thing. Aaron and Eric haven't had a line of dialogue together all season, and Eric hasn't spoken a word on screen full-stop. If they'd had a cutesy moment in today's couple montage, I'd be slightly worried.

someday

Banned
I think Aaron is just there to replace Heath as an Alexandrian from the comics scene. Denise (and Tara) had a lot of screen time and mini-subplots this season, so TWD did its usual screen time = death thing. Aaron and Eric haven't had a line of dialogue together all season, and Eric hasn't spoken a word on screen full-stop. If they'd had a cutesy moment in today's couple montage, I'd be slightly worried.
Excellent point. We'll see if he has any sort of scene with Eric next week before the head out.

the only way ill accept Aaron getting Luciled is if hes not the only one to get the bat
theyve killed like what 50 of Negans guys by now?
he needs to kill atleast 2-3 of them to send a message

UberTag

the only way ill accept Aaron getting Luciled is if hes not the only one to get the bat
According to the script he's only killing off one because he's such a nice guy.
He's even throwing in the double-kill for free by taking out the head to ensure there's no post-mortem reanimation as a Walker.

I could see this happening. Abe being the hot head he is tries getting up and Negan saying "I warned you you guys but you didn't fucking listen" We he get Glenns brutal comic book death...Aaron was just a appetizer

It's really the only way they can make up for the shit cliffhanger we are rumored to get

So that guy in the barn was for sure one of The Kingdom's guards, right? It looked like he had some armour on and was looking for a horse (not a big sign in itself but...), plus those spears could've been given by The Hilltop.

Carol and Morgan to find Ezekiel and The Kingdom?

So that guy in the barn was for sure one of The Kingdom's guards, right? It looked like he had some armour on and was looking for a horse (not a big sign in itself but...), plus those spears could've been given by The Hilltop.

Carol and Morgan
to find Ezekiel and The Kingdom?
Wasn't there some talk about them killing each other in the next ep..

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Wasn't there some talk about them killing each other in the next ep..

I'd believe it. They telegraphed the hell out of Morgan's story being done. He already told Rick not to come looking for him if he went missing, the jail is complete, and Rick bringing up the protein bar...

someday

Banned
Someone posted a spoiler a while back that said Carol and Morgan end up at the Kingdom in the finale. Not sure if it was confirmed or not though.

-griffy-

Banned
If we randomly get a bunch of Aaron scenes and backstory right off the bat next week then we'll know what's going down at the end (or more accurately at the beginning of next season).

Rixxan

I'm out if they cliffhanger it, seriously

The Glenn fake out earlier this year was bad enough

And like other shows I won't mention, it will be spoiled during the offseason filming. So and so isn't on set for filming, etc

It's like come the fuck on, what an assanine decision

raphier

Banned
they are going to pull massive justifications PR if they do this. I think they will. The drama is far more better than the kill.

If we randomly get a bunch of Aaron scenes and backstory right off the bat next week then we'll know what's going down at the end (or more accurately at the beginning of next season).
Came to say this. Absolutely no development with Aaron but if he gets screen time we know it's coming

I know I've been flip flopping but I'm sticking with Abraham getting Lucilled.... And I know I've said it before but after I treat he'd the episode and saw the Lucille victims I'm not ready for that camera angle lurking above our dead character shivers down my spine

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Even if we disregard the cliffhanger, having Negan kill Aaron would be such an one-two punch of garbage. Not only he's a nobody in comparison to Glenn or Daryl, but they're also risking blowback by killing two gay characters back to back. Really don't know what they're trying to achieve if they do that.

Mega

Banned

Carol and Morgan to find Ezekiel and The Kingdom?

Yes, a Kingdom scout.

The Kingdom guys are the only ones that wear armor and ride horses. They also trade with the Hilltop, hence the spear weapon, but Rick was thrown off by the truck Saviors also having Spears (they take 50% of everything from Hilltop, so yeah). It was a nice tease, one of the few things I liked about that last shitty episode.

The more I think about it, the more killing Aaron makes sense for the cliffhanger. They are going to try to avoid having it spoiled and while one of the main characters missing would be easy to pick up on it might not be so easy to notice that Aaron is missing from the set since he doesn't have that much screen time anyway.

I think it's likely to be Aaron because of the cliffhanger, and that makes it so much worse.

edit: of course we'll figure it out by process of elimination anyway, but I still think that's why they picked Aaron.

The more I think about it, the more killing Aaron makes sense for the cliffhanger. They are going to try to avoid having it spoiled and while one of the main characters missing would be easy to pick up on it might not be so easy to notice that Aaron is missing from the set since he doesn't have that much screen time anyway.

I think it's likely to be Aaron because of the cliffhanger, and that makes it so much worse.

edit: of course we'll figure it out by process of elimination anyway, but I still think that's why they picked Aaron.

but NO ONE CARES about Aaron
i doubt even his own people give a shit about him
because theres not enough screen time to give a shit about him lol
do the showrunners honestly think viewers give a shit if redshirts die?
are they that out of touch with reality?

UberTag

they are going to pull massive justifications PR if they do this. I think they will. The drama is far more better than the kill.
You know... they could have avoided all of this had they just Lucilled Glenn and then had Negan tease giving the bat to someone else and cliffhangered the end at that point.
Comic fans would be happy. They'd still have the "who gets the bat" next drama. Isn't that a win-win?

Came to say this. Absolutely no development with Aaron but if he gets screen time we know it's coming
He's all over the previews for next week and his involvement next week HAS been 100% confirmed so don't go in expecting him to be invisible.

d0af34f441.png

Just look at him hold that gun as if he knows how to use one.

If Abraham is there, i think it might be him. IDK though, when i seen this episode go play for play with that leacked script. i expect the finale to go like what we all think too.

Damn man :( sad times

maybe well get lucky and mass backlash from the LBGT community will make Negan kill someone else instead
i mean after threatening to leave Georgia of the anti gay bill theyd look like huge hypocrites if they kill off the only remaining gay character

Question - does this mean the other season finale spoiler is real? The one where Carol dies at the hands of zombie Morgan? Cause I think that might piss me off even more.

Question - does this mean the other season finale spoiler is real? The one where Carol dies at the hands of zombie Morgan? Cause I think that might piss me off even more.

thats the one spoiler i dont mind
if only cause it gets rid of Morgan
i dont hate him cause hes black(not a racist)
I HATE HIM CAUSE HES A PACIFIST

thats the one spoiler i dont mind
if only cause it gets rid of Morgan
i dont hate him cause hes black(not a racist)
I HATE HIM CAUSE HES A PACIFIST

Morgan has been supremely annoying all season long, which is a huge bummer considering how much the marketing built-up some huge ideological/political confrontation between him & Rick going into season 6, and how much of a non-starter that turned out to be, although that comes as no surprise.

In reality, what bugs me is how they basically had to neuter the character of Carol, who spent two years being built-up as this tough, badass chick that the crew relied on, just to have her devolve over the course of this back-half season, and then basically have the showrunners recreate her comic death in the most ridiculous way possible.

And to me, comic Carol's death made sense for that character. Carol allowing herself to be offed by zombie Morgan makes zero sense for who she is now on the show. Like, sure, its homage to the comic, but that don't mean its good. This show just has a terrible way of handling female characters, top to bottom. What they did to Andrea was good awful. For years, I felt the writing team was making up for how they mis-handled Andrea with Carol, but now they are just throwing her out for no good reason.

edit:
Maybe thats why they're gonna go with Aaron instead of Glenn or Daryl for the Lucille victim? They're already getting rid of a major player with Carol in the season finale. Perhaps they didn't want to overshadow her death, a character who is both a fan favorite & huge part of the core group, to get swept up by another major death right then and there. Then again, the fact that they were gun-shy about offing Abraham indicates they just don't want main cast members to die.

Watch them end the episode on a cliffhanger, and then draw it out all the way until the next midseason finale, haha. Want to know more about Dwight and his history? Watch this! You guys wondering about Carol? Here's a whole episode devoted towards her! Hell, anyone wondering what Tobin was up to during this time? Here you go!

Then the midseason finale is just the uncut final scene from next week's episode.

UberTag

A lot of bogus spoilers got circulated around before hard confirmation of the early part of the episode and the Lucille scene started making the rounds. Just because some stuff was released legitimately doesn't mean that the rest of it was legit.

But seeing how you're insistent on getting confirmation on this bit of nonsense that nobody else has verified, I'll jump through the hoops to shoot this down right now.

There were rumours on Reddit that the following characters die in the season finale
Morgan, Carol and Glenn.

And yeah, i thought it was a foiler, but now it seems quite possible

Death details

Carol kills morgan, Carol lets herself get killed by zombie morgan, glenn gets lucile

I'm still taking it with a grain of salt, but i wont competly rule out the possibility.
Seeing how we know the Lucille scene ends in a cliffhanger with no verified victim and this nonsense emanated from some blowhard on Reddit with no spoiler track record whatsoever, what do you think?

-griffy-

Banned
The only thing is that Carol and Morgan are on a dumb trajectory for their own isolated story completely separate from the main Savior/Negan plot, so it doesn't seem impossible. Especially with the preview stuff where we know that one Savior is following Morgan, and Carol's character assassination has gotten so weird that it is totally plausibly dumb that she would let herself get eaten by a zombie Morgan. I mean, that's the level the show is at right now.

The only thing is that Carol and Morgan are on a dumb trajectory for their own isolated story completely separate from the main Savior/Negan plot, so it doesn't seem impossible. Especially with the preview stuff where we know that one Savior is following Morgan, and Carol's character assassination has gotten so weird that it is totally plausibly dumb that she would let herself get eaten by a zombie Morgan. I mean, that's the level the show is at right now.

It would actually line up with how she dies in the comics, I guess. ;p

Top Bottom