• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*SPOILERS* The Walking Dead TV show, leaks, and comic book SPOILER discussion thread

What really pisses me off about the last two episodes is how idiotic and unnatural everyone was behaving in light of known danger in their midst.

A couple of years ago I was subscribed to a Youtuber who played the original DayZ mod and he and every other player knew by second nature to do the complete opposite of what the idiots in TWD were doing. Steer clear of big open roads and exposed areas, hide in the brush and beneath trees, take alt paths, observe carefully before proceeding... basically do everything to avoid being easily detected and ambushed by other players. If the people playing a game get it, why wouldn't the hardened, militarized characters in a show that's supposed to be semi-realistic and about surviving?
I'll give Daryl a pass on this one because he was acting on emotion and revenge.

fauxtrot

Banned
I'll give Daryl a pass on this one because he was acting on emotion and revenge.

Yeah, Daryl has a reason to feel pretty fucking invincible, so that part didn't bother me as much as everyone else leaving the community when they know their best chances of keeping Alexandria safe involves staying there and not letting all of their best fighters get picked off on open roads.

someday

Banned
It would be so stupid to kill the only decent Alexandrian left in the show just to save the main crew. Heath has been a rare sighting, Tobin is only so-so, and Eric has only been seen by accident all season.

Thtat said, losing a pretty badass gay dude would suck as well. Ending both gay couples also would look pretty bad considering the "love montage" we got in the latest episode.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Tara and Eric are sticking around for the long haul, my friend. They shall persevere!

If they're sticking with what we had in the comics, one more major character is gay as well. And I hope they stick with it because of
his name
(possible future spoiler from comics). :p

It would be so stupid to kill the only decent Alexandrian left in the show just to save the main crew. Heath has been a rare sighting, Tobin is only so-so, and Eric has only been seen by accident all season.

Thtat said, losing a pretty badass gay dude would suck as well. Ending both gay couples also would look pretty bad considering the "love montage" we got in the latest episode.
Aaron was badass?? The only badass gay dude on the show is Jesus

someday

Banned
Aaron was badass?? The only badass gay dude on the show is Jesus
Well, he was pretty badass when he recruited them for Alexandria and he was willing and capable in the episode with Maggie in the sewer. Also no one knows Jesus is gay yet from watching the show. Hell, I keep forgetting since I stopped reading the comics a while ago.

fauxtrot

Banned
I'm still not big on who they cast to play Jesus but I know the dude is a good actor so I'm hoping he'll win me over once he gets more screen time. If he somehow ends up never having his sexuality revealed, I think we can pin that squarely onto AMC executives "not wanting to ruffle anyone's feathers", which would be a huge slap in the face. Only time will tell.

Corpekata

Banned
If Aaron bites it has to be in addition to the main cast death. As out of touch as they are, there's no way they're ending a season and having a 6 month cliffhanger be revealed as a minor character like Aaron.

Jacob4815

Norman Reedus about the season finale:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/walking-dead-is-daryl-dead-878518

Many diehard fans of the show think Daryl will be the one Negan kills in the season finale — especially since he's had the most exchanges with Dwight and killed off a whole group of Saviors with a rocket launcher. What do you think about that theory?

I hear that about everyone, all the time. I hear, "Rick is going to get it!" "Steven is going to get it!" "Lauren is going to get it!" I hear so much of it in all different directions that they all suck! (Laughs.) There's not a good decision. But don't put it past anybody on the show to do something unexpected. There's so many people who watch this show, so someone is going to get it right. One of these theories is going to be right.

Negan is coming in the season six finale. How would you describe his first entrance?

That episode is the most hardcore episode you've ever seen on the show. Ever. And it's so well directed [by exec producer Greg Nicotero] and it's so well played out. And so terrifying. It's so good. A lot of effort went into making that the best episode we've ever shot on this show.

Does the season finale pick up immediately where this episode leaves off?

All the episodes do, until we end [this season]. It's super shocking and it's pretty hardcore. Andy said he was late for work because he read it all night; Josh said he threw the script; Lauren threw up. It's gnarly. I was instantly curious. I had ideas about what would happen and it made you feel sick and it was painful.

Nicotero directed the episode where Rick and co raided the compound, the mid-season premiere with the Anderson family death and the horde battle, the S5 premiere where Carol saved everyone in Terminus, the episode where Merle dies and Daryl smashes his head in

Basically most of his episodes are awesome, and have some crazy gore.

No way are they going to chicken out on the death. Especially if Nicotero is directing, and he teased the smashed heads in the last episode he directed

UberTag

Olivia will outlive them all. She'll still be stacking canned preserves with a concerned expression on her face well into Seasons 9 and 10.

Hell, Alexandria could get taken over by the Saviors tomorrow and they'd still leave her alive to keep the pantry organized.

Nicotero directed the episode where Rick and co raided the compound, the mid-season premiere with the Anderson family death and the horde battle, the S5 premiere where Carol saved everyone in Terminus, the episode where Merle dies and Daryl smashes his head in

Basically most of his episodes are awesome, and have some crazy gore.

No way are they going to chicken out on the death. Especially if Nicotero is directing, and he teased the smashed heads in the last episode he directed

yea maybe all hope is not lost afterall
im still gonna stalk TSDF until i get a confirmation

fauxtrot

Banned
I'm going to go all conspiracy theorist here and just reinforce the fact that their shooting script doesn't have to coincide with the final results we see on TV. It's very possible that they shot the full scene which reveals the character death and even finishes the scene with Negan's "Ta-ta", but AMC was toying around with the idea of a cliffhanger, so they made sure it was shot in such a way that they could do one if they decided it'd be a good idea.

Now it's pretty obvious for us fans that a cliffhanger would be a stupid way to end arguably the best scene in the comics, but when a TV executive sees "money" through month's of fan tweets and suspense, it isn't hard to imagine they'd do what they think will "keep people talking into the premiere of Season 7".

LycanXIII

My dream scenario is that Negan is the Comic Canon reset button and he wipes out everyone that isn't supposed to exist or be alive in the Walking Dead during the war. Daryl, Glenn, Carol, Abraham, Tara, Enid, Sasha (maybe gets a pass because she's sort of like comic book Andrea). That would just about blow everyone the fuck away and redeem the show's stagnation. Pissed off Daryl/Carol/Glenn fanboys be damned.

I could see Glenn "valiantly" dying late next season during the war... by poisoned arrow. A softened death for the soft audiences that watch this show and can't handle their faves dying as brutally as non plot-immune characters.

If you're going to save Sasha because she's sort of comic Andrea, you've got to spare Enid too since she's Sophia's replacement.

Bloodsent

Rick couldn't sleep Eugene threw the script Lauren threw up yada yada it's their job to hype it up.

Oh I am sure all of that is true. The part that they probably don't know is that the section of the script that made them do all of those things, the audience may not get to see for 6 months.

wow, you've really missed out on the comic, it's been brilliant recently

It really really has. I'm hanging on every issue to this day.

Good point I wonder if they already filmed that scene in all its entirety ?

Oh they totally did. Not only having Nicotero for the effects, it explains why cast reactions went from "it made us sick" to "OMG CLIFFHANGER" in the period of a few months.

I'm hoping maybe the reveal of who was killed is just in complete silence and that's why the guy that does captions didn't have it. Probably not, but I can hope.

What really pisses me off about the last two episodes is how idiotic and unnatural everyone was behaving in light of known danger in their midst.

A couple of years ago I was subscribed to a Youtuber who played the original DayZ mod and he and every other player knew by second nature to do the complete opposite of what the idiots in TWD were doing. Steer clear of big open roads and exposed areas, hide in the brush and beneath trees, take alt paths, observe carefully before proceeding... basically do everything to avoid being easily detected and ambushed by other players. If the people playing a game get it, why wouldn't the hardened, militarized characters in a show that's supposed to be semi-realistic and about surviving?

They don't have their guards up. They think they do, but they're out of their depth. Way out of it. They are not militarized. They have trained to defend against the undead - open spaces are better for that in some ways, as we've seen from forest scenes.

Re: the finale: I'm SO HOPING that they are just trying to keep that shit under heavy wraps and not cliffhanging. No cliffhangers.

UberTag

Damn just realized the finale is going against wrestle mania I hope it doesn't hurt numbers
They went up against each other last year and both seemed to do just fine.

Season 5 finale of The Walking Dead drew 15.78 million viewers.
Wrestlemania became the most lucrative WWE event of all-time (at that point) drawing revenue of $12.6 million and a sustained spike in WWE Network subscriptions.

Someone's getting Holly'd next season and if it isn't Carol, I'm putting my money on Tara and Heath getting captured on their run, just in time for a "trade"...

In regards to Liefeld's tweets: dude isn't exactly a person I'd put all my trust in regarding the quality of a TV episode (or comics for that matter).

Agreed on Tara and Heath, sadly. Also on Liefeld. If I need an authority on breaking my back to show off my tits, I'll call him, tho.

I think if Maggie's miscarrying, that means Glenn is safe. They'll give her her baby eventually, and it'll still give her a reason to move when it's all over, but that future baby is gonna be a Glenn baby.

UberTag

I'm always perplexed at people going on and on about "someone getting Holly'd" when it didn't happen until 20 chapters after Lucille bashes Glenn's brains in and we're not even going to get to see that in its entirety next week.

Is All Out War that uneventful that the only death people keep bringing up is Holly and who will share her fate in the TV series? Given the way the show has been of late, it'll probably be some new Alexandrian they haven't even introduced yet.

fauxtrot

Banned
To be fair, All Out War was a 12 issue arc that should have been condensed into 6 issues and if AMC is smart, it won't last longer than a season.

So yeah, I wouldn't be surprised to see someone get "Holly'd" before Season 7's MSF.

I'm always perplexed at people going on and on about "someone getting Holly'd" when it didn't happen until 20 chapters after Lucille bashes Glenn's brains in and we're not even going to get to see that in its entirety next week.

Is All Out War that uneventful that the only death people keep bringing up is Holly and who will share her fate in the TV series? Given the way the show has been of late, it'll probably be some new Alexandrian they haven't even introduced yet.

All Out War casualty list:
Holly
Eric
Denise
Nicholas

...I think that's it. No majors.

To be fair, All Out War was a 12 issue arc that should have been condensed into 6 issues and if AMC is smart, it won't last longer than a season.

Half a season.

They could do a bloodbath for All Out War, perhaps get rid of a couple opening credit + semi main.

However at the same time they need to get serious about building up newer characters [instead of just killing them] so that the older characters can be replaced. I think Jesus will fit into this list but the show needs more. They keep up the work with Gabriel and I think he could work his way there too.

The only characters I think are safe from this point on is Rick, Carl, Michonne and Maggie.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I think it only gets harder to adapt the comic after All Out War. Like the current arc on the comics is them gearing up to take down The Whisperers, which honestly I think would be a drag to watch on the show unless they added some original content.

What do you guys think they'll do regarding Shiva?

- CGI?

- Actually bring in a Tiger but limit her role and be really clever with the way they shoot the shots she's in. Obviously she won't be on the battlefield and her scenes would be in different spaces and edited in or something.

- Don't do it at all

- Perhaps some really big dog(s) instead?

They probably won't do her at all but MAN I REALLY HOPE THEY DO BECAUSE THAT SHIT IS AMAZING. IF they do, I expect we might just get really reduced screentime and maybe just discussion of her death.

Jerm411

Tone sounds more like a "Holy shit, that was amazing" scream than a "WTF, that was some bs" scream.

Hey, I'm trying to remain hopeful here :p

I guess it depends on how people interpret it...we all think a cliffhanger finale would be complete bullshit but someone else may think it's the greatest thing ever and absolutely amazing.

I just hope we don't get the chance to see that theory play out...

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I need to read the last issue, not bothered about the spoiler as I guessed it would happen. It's been teased for a while.

icespide

Banned
official tease of Negan and Lucille

ClWj7BY.png

SharkJAW

Do we know who they casted as Negan? I heard his voice in the sneak peek and it sounded damn good - just how I imagine Negan to sound. I'm just hoping he looks the part, too.

I stopped reading the comics after what happened with Negan and the bat. Even in illustrated form it was shocking, disgusting and over the fucking top and I'm not usually the one phased by fictional ultra violence/gore.

If they do it in the show I'm out. This series has increasingly become more and more about what shocking and disgusting things can they one-up themselves on week on week.

Top Bottom