• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*SPOILERS* The Walking Dead TV show, leaks, and comic book SPOILER discussion thread

Spizz

Banned
His name is Jurec84 and this definitely conflicts with things he's said here and to me via PM. I'll ask him to weigh in.
Ah that was it, thanks a lot appreciate it.

Nah, the information from the "leaker" on Reddit is definitely false. The dialogue from Reddit is 100 % legit, because it was translated this way and why would I translate stuff, which will later on be different. Sure, I could be making stuff up, but I have provided two pics to a few of you, which prove that I am in fact one of the subtitlers for the various languages the series is being translated into. I can send proof to one of the mods so they can confirm that I am real if you don't believe me - but the leaker on Reddit is certainly fake.
Thanks for posting, you've given us no reason to distrust you. That post reeked of fake BS.

UberTag

Nah, the information from the "leaker" on Reddit is definitely false. The dialogue from Reddit is 100 % legit, because it was translated this way and why would I translate stuff, which will later on be different. Sure, I could be making stuff up, but I have provided two pics to a few of you, which prove that I am in fact one of the subtitlers for the various languages the series is being translated into. I can send proof to one of the mods so they can confirm that I am real if you don't believe me - but the leaker on Reddit is certainly fake.
Thanks for chiming in about the accuracy of the leaked script at least. I'm actually somewhat happy that turned out to be legit as it's the one thing I shared in this thread that I neglected to source for some reason (forget which forum I grabbed it from) and it wound up on The Spoiling Dead forums afterwards.

someday

Banned
Nah, it is what it is - the scene was shot in such a way it just doesn't seem plausible, the fade to black and the screams from the others ... where I stand and what I saw it def ends on a cliffhanger and then the credits roll. And there's nothing after that. They could of course add some non-dialogue related text or pictures after this, but it wouldn't make any sense.
Thanks for posting.
My runtine (i'm paid by that :p) is exactly 61.52 minutes. Regular episodes run for more or less 43 minutes.
So almost 30 minutes of commercials for the finale? That's crazy.

The Walking Dead: Andrew Lincoln says Negan makes 'the greatest entrance ever written'

“You know …” he begins, before laughing again. “Just get ready, man. Just get ready.” Lincoln shares that exec producer Greg Nicotero, who directed the episode, has called it “the best one yet,” and Lincoln seems to agree, especially when it comes to the introduction of his soon-to-be-on-screen nemesis. “I read the script and I went, ‘This is the greatest entrance ever written.’ ”

Of course, that dramatic entrance may have lead to a little jealousy among the cast when it comes to Negan actor Jeffrey Dean Morgan. “All of the guys were going, ‘Aw, man. I wish I had gotten this guy!’ ” says Lincoln with a laugh. “It’s incredible. Although it’s also kind of unbearable. Norman and I were like, ‘Ugh, all the girls on set are gonna love him.’ “

someday

Banned
Most half-hour shows have ~22 minutes and change of actual runtime, so 62 minutes out of 90 isn't too far off from the norm- especially if you consider the size of the audience.
I know, it's just weird to think that a full 1/3 of the show is commercials. I always DVR TWD so I'll just wait until 9:30 to start watching the finale. I usually wait 15-20 minutes for normal episodes.

Leeness

Perhaps it's the greatest entrance ever written and we just don't see it fully intact until October.

You upset me.

tumblr_mt96e1NmPO1qii6tmo1_500.gif

-griffy-

Banned
Don't get your hopes up. Remember how they hyped up the season 3 finale all season as build up to all out war, and all it ended up being was Governor's people running into the prison basement, some random confused shooting where no one died, then everyone running away. Then the Governor killed all his own people. Remember this.

Only logical to expect the worst so you aren't disappointed, and are pleasantly surprised when you get something that is better than the worst.

someday

Banned
Don't get your hopes up. Remember how they hyped up the season 3 finale all season as build up to all out war, and all it ended up being was Governor's people running into the prison basement, some random confused shooting where no one died, then everyone running away. Then the Governor killed all his own people. Remember this.

Only logical to expect the worst so you aren't disappointed, and are pleasantly surprised when you get something that is better than the worst.
That was sooooooo awful.

fauxtrot

Banned
The internet needs to stop playing with my emotions... I think I'm just going to mentally prepare myself for the worst, like I should have all along.

Surfinn

Right, but we also knew who the Governor was for some time. This is Negan's introduction; I think they'll have something special in store. Just being cautiously optimistic.

Plus didn't they add 3 minutes onto the finale? Not sure what that means, exactly, but I hope it means what I think it does..

someday

Banned
I'm hoping that the 3 minutes is them scrambling to add a finite ending after reading the internet reactions to the leaks. I guess we all are.

fauxtrot

Banned
This is AMC we're talking about here, so I wouldn't put it past them to decide they wanted to add another commercial break to pad their bottom line for the quarter with whatever another 3 minutes of ad revenue would generate for them. We've heard before that purchasing TWD commerical air-time is almost at SuperBowl levels in terms of costs, haven't we?

Kard8p3

Negan doesn't have a problem with killing kids.

It was mentioned earlier in the season that he beat a 16 year old boy to death which isn't much older than Carl. He has no problem killing women either. His big no-no is sexual assault.

Not true.

Negan's goons did it, not the man himself. The Hilltop hasn't even seen him yet iirc.

fauxtrot

Banned
If we do get to see who gets an up close and personal experience with Lucille in the finale, I'm hoping I can keep myself from getting spoiled... at this point I don't mind any other spoilers and just want to know whether or not we're in for a cliffhanger.

So, if anyone wants to PM me when we inevitably hear one way or the other regarding the cliffhanger, and wouldn't mind NOT spoiling the character that gets it in the event we do get to see who it is, I'd appreciate it. Y'all are the best.

If we do get to see who gets an up close and personal experience with Lucille in the finale, I'm hoping I can keep myself from getting spoiled... at this point I don't mind any other spoilers and just want to know whether or not we're in for a cliffhanger.

So, if anyone wants to PM me when we inevitably hear one way or the other regarding the cliffhanger, and wouldn't mind NOT spoiling the character that gets it in the event we do get to see who it is, I'd appreciate it. Y'all are the best.

Yeah, I feel like most people in this thread feel the same. Confirm the cliffhanger, and not the character. If anyone finds out, would you mind throwing it under spoiler-tags?

someday

Banned
Yeah, I feel like most people in this thread feel the same. Confirm the cliffhanger, and not the character. If anyone finds out, would you mind throwing it under spoiler-tags?
That's fair to me. I don't mind knowing all of it but I promise not to post openly about it in this thread.

Jacob4815

Same for me.

UberTag

I think we're all in agreement with that protocol. It's what I intended to roll with as well.

That said... I would still caution that if we do get clarification on the Lucille victim prior to the weekend (which I still doubt will happen) that you should probably advocate bailing from this thread anyhow. Just because we'll respect spoiler tag adherence doesn't mean that everyone else will.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
It is the Spoiler thread after all. It's kind of a free for all and do as you will sort of situation.

I had a freaking dream about the finale, and I don't even like the show! (I just watch it with my girlfriend). I'd be lying if I said I wasn't super interested in what's going to happen and if they're going to muck it up.

jerry113

Banned
There's no way it's going to be Rick, right? I would secretly love it if they had the balls to do it. Plus it would totally shift the dynamic of the characters on the show.

If this was HBO, maybe.

But this is AMC and they're a bunch of lowest common denominator chasing suits.

UberTag

8:37pm Eastern / 5:37pm Pacific
Ahhh no don't wait for me. In fact ignore me. I thought we would hear back from our other source by now and have something to post by tonight. Looks like I might be wrong. I'm sorry if I got anyone too excited. We just want to get this one right since there has been so much chaos surrounding the finale. Please don't set me on fire. Ninjas make mistakes too. Fingers crossed for something soon.

8:48pm Eastern / 5:48pm Pacific
We're working on getting confirmation of the ending for now. Then hopefully we'll also eventually get some of the other bits and pieces that are missing.
Also, those folks at TSDF are almost as ruthless as Detective GAF when it comes to scrutinizing stuff. Main reason I frowned a little when jurec84's name got floated over there.
Hope they didn't upset any apple carts.

MisterHero

Don't they understand that filling a cliffhanger with Fear the Walking Dead will just make people hate Fear the Walking Dead? Or at least, express mild impatience?

Don't they understand that filling a cliffhanger with Fear the Walking Dead will just make people hate Fear the Walking Dead? Or at least, express mild impatience?

I would think they should have learned that after showing a two hour Breaking Bad seaon 3 finale on the guide when half was Low Winter Sun. People hated that and never watched the show. Yet here we are again.

Surfinn

Because everything points to it being 100% real, and in my opinion expecting otherwise at this point is setting yourself up for disappointment
Seems a little strange for Andrew Lincoln to call it the best entrance of all time if they truly cop out (amongst other exciting things he's said). But I agree with keeping expectations in check.

I would think they should have learned that after showing a two hour Breaking Bad seaon 3 finale on the guide when half was Low Winter Sun. People hated that and never watched the show. Yet here we are again.

Watching the last episode when Morgan said "Everything gets a return." the first thing I thought was "Except Low Winter Sun."

UberTag

Current death odds for this weekend's finale (note this constitutes the finale episode as a whole NOT whether they face the wrath of Lucille) from GoldDerby.com...

Daryl Dixon 14:5
Glenn Rhee 7:2
No One 15:2

I have my money on No One right now.
Incidentally, Aaron is presently sitting at 100:1 odds. Good for him.

Top Bottom