• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*SPOILERS* The Walking Dead TV show, leaks, and comic book SPOILER discussion thread

cLOUDo

There's some people in this thread that don't wish it to be spoiled so I won't say. If I'm right, this has sated me. Despite the thump to black ending we'll be getting.

well, you should reply in the "spoiler" thread then...

EDIT: what if that is the opening scene and not the ending

Could also point to it being how a foreign episode of The Walking Dead ends when it doesn't air on AMC but on an international FOX outlet.
I've never watched a foreign cut of an episode but it's a possibility that's normal for them. (AMC usually intercuts the end credits with a promo for the next week.)
Ah, right, right. That's probably it.

UberTag

If you happened to read the transcript at all then go for it. It is almost exactly 1:1 outside of like 3 or 4 words. Also missing the screaming of course.
The screaming and whistling. We must not forget the whistling.
And some ominous Bear McCreary music.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Y'all acting coy in the spoiler thread though, lol. Higher spoiler etiquette than in the OT right now.

I can't make out a name with certainty in that audio, can someone post the one most people are hearing behind a spoiler tag? Is it
Maggie like Fracas mentioned above?

Y'all acting coy in the spoiler thread though, lol. Higher spoiler etiquette than in the OT right now.

I can't make out a name with certainty in that audio, can someone post the one most people are hearing behind a spoiler tag? Is it
Maggie like Fracas mentioned above?

Yes. That's who it sounds like.

Just got done listening.
I can't hear crap. There's definitely no "Maggie" in there and I can't hear her calling for Glenn. It sounds like they just mashed together a bunch of loud voices not specifically from the cast and ran them over it to confuse people.

Fracas

#fuckonami
that just confuses me.

if they're going to cliffhanger the identity of the person meeting lucille, then why would they include that super obvious audio?

I'm guessing the episode will end with like a pan to the victim's corpse or something. I can't stand how AMC has treated this show but surely you don't cliffhanger a scene like that.
Just got done listening.
I can't hear crap. There's definitely no "Maggie" in there and I can't hear her calling for Glenn. It sounds like they just mashed together a bunch of loud voices not specifically from the cast and ran them over it to confuse people.

I heard the inverse of that.
I'm assuming the camera goes to first person based on the audio cues and it sounds like Glenn giving out a weak call to her

UberTag

Also the cracking. Can't forget the cracking.

It's bone-crushing in atmosphere.
Bonecrushing... I like that. Skullcrushing would work, too.

Incidentally, jurec84 confirmed the following names as all being present and accounted for in the Lucille lineup to me yesterday...
- Rick
- Carl
- Maggie
- Glenn
- Daryl
- Michonne
- Abraham
- Rosita
- Aaron
- Eugene
- Sasha

Those 11 names actually line up with JDM's cadence during the eeny meeny miny moe scene. It sounds like he pauses 11 times.

1) Eeny
2) Meeny
3) Miny
4) Moe
5) Catch
6) A Tiger
7) By
8) Its Toe
9) If
10) He Hollers
11) Let Him Go

And then he ramps up with the crescendo as Bear's music kicks in... "my mother told me to pick the very best one and you are <walking walking walking> it".

Listening again...I think people are wrong...

I don't think
I hear Ma...Maggie at all. I hear Negan changing his voice in excitement a bit and saying "Look...at...that. *back to normal voice* TAKING IN LIKE A CHAMP!" or maybe this is how the person hit with Lucille heard Negan after having their head busted open. Your ears would be ringing and a lot of things would sound distorted.

jerry113

Banned
I'm guessing the episode will end with like a pan to the victim's corpse or something. I can't stand how AMC has treated this show but surely you don't cliffhanger a scene like that.

I heard the inverse of that.
I'm assuming the camera goes to first person based on the audio cues and it sounds like Glenn giving out a weak call to her

depending how the characters are positioned in that scene (in a line, in a circle?) it could also be obvious from the POV shot who the identity of the POV is. For example, if we see the faces of the spared characters crying towards the camera it's obvious who's getting beaten and who isn't.

I'm kinda hoping the extra 3 minutes added goes to Talking Dead, has JDM come out with a foam Lucille, beats the shit out of Chris Hardwick, then says "WE AIN'T DONE YET, ROLL THE FOOTAGE" and it plays back the finale scene but from a room perspective showing who got lucile'd.

UberTag

I'm kinda hoping the extra 3 minutes added goes to Talking Dead, has JDM come out with a foam Lucille, beats the shit out of Chris Hardwick, then says "WE AIN'T DONE YET, ROLL THE FOOTAGE" and it plays back the finale scene but from a room perspective showing who got lucile'd.
There's been talk of them trolling an extra scene during Talking Dead only for it to be a completely unrelated clip of Morgan and Carol encountering The Kingdom for the first time.

There's been talk of them trolling an extra scene during Talking Dead only for it to be a completely unrelated clip of Morgan and Carol encountering The Kingdom for the first time.

I have a feeling if they botch this scene because of how much hype they lead up to Negan and stuff, they're gonna lose a lot of fans and followers..

UberTag

I have a feeling if they botch this scene because of how much hype they lead up to Negan and stuff, they're gonna lose a lot of fans and followers..
That's up to the fans to hold them accountable. I'll probably be one of them.
Hell, I haven't even watched last week's episode yet. That's how upset the cliffhanger revelation made me.

jerry113

Banned
the guy who said that this is like if HBO had decided to cut the red wedding at the moment catelyn stark slaps roose bolton is spot on

UberTag

TSDF's latest comments on the cliffhanger nature of this weekend's finale...
I think it's looking like it's going to be a cliffhanger at this point. All the legit leaks so far have matched up with the same ending. We're still not going to officially confirm it as a cliffhanger quite yet. Our only hope is the small possibility that maybe they didn't include a final reveal shot in the copies they have distributed so far.

I want to hold on to that hope for as long as possible. This scene is so brilliant. JDM sounds so fierce and chilling. It would be an abomination to ruin such an amazing scene with a gimmicky cliffhanger.
New YouTube mirror also up on TSDF - probably not for long

The question is, have they held back on subtitles/final cut for endings on TWD before? Whether it was for a season finale or midseason ending, has it happened? If not, I don't know why they would start now.

UberTag

The question is, have they held back on subtitles/final cut for endings on TWD before? Whether it was for a season finale or midseason ending, has it happened? If not, I don't know why they would start now.
The two examples that come to mind were the Morgan scene at the end of the Season 5 premiere following the Terminus breakout and the scene where Daryl-Sasha-Abe encounter the Savior biker gang at the end of the Season 6 mid-season finale.

Weren't both of those Talking Dead exclusives? I know they were both post-credit scenes.

Top Bottom