• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*SPOILERS* The Walking Dead TV show, leaks, and comic book SPOILER discussion thread

Seems a little strange for Andrew Lincoln to call it the best entrance of all time if they truly cop out (amongst other exciting things he's said). But I agree with keeping expectations in check.

I don't think it's strange at all. It's part of the cast job to hype up big moments and big characters, and cliffhanger or not, the arrival of Negan is a huge moment in the show.

While I expect the cliffhanger, I don't doubt JDM will pull out a stellar first appearance as Negan. Even his "Hi, I'm Negan" line in the promo sounded perfect.

Surfinn

I don't think it's strange at all. It's part of the cast job to hype up big moments and big characters, and cliffhanger or not, the arrival of Negan is a huge moment in the show.

While I expect the cliffhanger, I don't doubt JDM will pull out a stellar first appearance as Negan. Even his "Hi, I'm Negan" line in the promo sounded perfect.
I just doubt it's going to be him showing up, dropping some foul language and fading to black with a few swings. But then again.. That sounds more likely after typing it out.

jerry113

Banned
Seems a little strange for Andrew Lincoln to call it the best entrance of all time if they truly cop out (amongst other exciting things he's said). But I agree with keeping expectations in check.

Is it possible that the actors filmed the scene in totality without the knowledge that only part of it is going to air this year, and they're speaking from their own experience on set alone?

Actors don't know shit about what's going to be in the end product on screen.

jerry113

Banned
nope nope nope

still holding out hope that a last minute has been omitted

a fool's hope yes i know, but it's the only way i can last the week

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
yep. that's it alright. enjoy retirement victim of lucille.

and we're getting a thump to black.

UberTag

I can't believe we're listening to this. What a joke the security on this show is!
It's not anything we weren't aware of a week ago. Copies of the finale were out that left the ending of the season as a cliffhanger.

Whether they elect to add in anything that wasn't sent out to be translated for foreign markets either as an extra post-credits scene or a special excerpt on Talking Dead is up to them.

If not, well... they'll have to face the consequences for cliffhanging the Lucille victim.

The cracking in that audio at the end is absolutely brutal and visceral and perfect. Here's to hoping it truly isn't a cliffhanger. It will ruin the scene.

I mean it's not like we won't know who it is the moment filming starts...

The worst. I wanted to leave and wait to see what happens...

I come back to disappointment. This is one of the dumbest things in TV history. All of this awesome build up so we can hear about who he killed in May or June. Lame

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I feel like I definitely heard a name being shouted in that clip.
AU7Amsc.gif

Listening to it 3 times with 3 different sets of headphones (roommates don't wanna hear it). My nicest pair most of its coming in fairly clear despite it being an off the board recording.

UberTag

AU7Amsc.gif
You and everyone else on The Spoiling Dead Fans forums.
I don't hear anything but my audio equipment sucks and I'm in a room with perpetual air conditioning right now so I'm not going to claim you're wrong.

Is it weird that the title theme starts immediately? Have they ever used that over the end credits? Could point to it being unfinished...

AU7Amsc.gif

I thought the same however if that was going to be the case they would have just shown who it was. The fact that they didn't leads me to believe it's just random screaming.

If you listen to the main screaming it does appear to be coming from Maggie so take that as you will.

jerry113

Banned
The cracking in that audio at the end is absolutely brutal and visceral and perfect. Here's to hoping it truly isn't a cliffhanger. It will ruin the scene.

I mean it's not like we won't know who it is the moment filming starts...

or the season 7 trailers. are they just going to not show any of the characters so we can't guess who's missing? lol

UberTag

Is it weird that the title theme starts immediately? Have they ever used that over the end credits? Could point to it being unfinished...
Could also point to it being how a foreign episode of The Walking Dead ends when it doesn't air on AMC but on an international FOX outlet.
I've never watched a foreign cut of an episode but it's a possibility that's normal for them. (AMC usually intercuts the end credits with a promo for the next week.)

jerry113

Banned

That's indeed strange. The title theme has never been used as an end credits music before. At least not that I'm aware of. On air it's usually just cut to black and then the "NEXT TIME ON AMC's THE WALKING DEAD" begins. Then again maybe the format for screeners is different?

Top Bottom