• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*SPOILERS* The Walking Dead TV show, leaks, and comic book SPOILER discussion thread

So this is weird but maybe y'all will humor me. I want a PM if it IS Glenn. I do NOT want to know if it's not. If it's new, I want to be surprised, but if it's not new I want to prepare. If that makes sense.

SO TENSE CANNOT WAIT

I'm digging it. Only qualm is the lack of profanity kind of robs Negan of some of his edge.

I'm just holding out hope that cliffhanger is BS cause otherwise this sounds great. The whole ear ringing sound effect at the end makes it definitely seem like they're doing the POV thing, which makes me think they're definitely doing the stupid cliffhanger though.

This all somewhat reminds me of the leadup to the Mountain and Viper fight in season 4 of Game of Thrones when you had a bunch of people claiming the particularly gruesome end to that fight wouldn't be nearly as gruesome on the show.

And thankfully, it ended up being just as brutal, if not more so than the books and super shocking in its own way, specifically by showing everything and getting all the reactions of the characters on screen.

I just imagine how lame that fight in GoT would have been if they cut to black before the big moment and then waited until the following season to finish the scene. That's what a cliffhanger version of Negan's intro will feel like to me. I'll be slightly holding my breath when watching Sunday night, hoping against hope that they don't do such a stupid cliffhanger but I just don't have that much faith in the showrunners/AMC at this point.

MBison

Man people are going Gaga over the fact that this "confirms" no cliffhanger ending or at least they seem to be dismissing that fact more so now but I still think it's entirely plausible that it's gonna happen.

_Ryo_

Man people are going Gaga over the fact that this "confirms" no cliffhanger ending or at least they seem to be dismissing that fact more so now but I still think it's entirely plausible that it's gonna happen.

Huh? Ive only seen people think this is evidence there IS a cliffhanger

Spizz

Banned
Just listened to the clip, JDM sounded great.

But Jesus AMC... What the hell is going on with you? At least Saul doesn't leak like this.

UberTag

On Reddit people seem convinced they hear words indicating who it is, hence it will be revealed.
It's all still conjecture. People are hearing what they want to hear.
Doesn't mean we'll get anything conclusive when it airs Sunday night... besides more conjecture.

I haven't listened, but how is it so unclear if there's being a name said or not? Is it bad quality? How come I've seen no one struggling to understand Negan?

Has to be people hearing what they want to hear right?

Spizz

Banned
Nothing in the audio seems to contradict the cliffhanger ending we've been hearing about. So unless AMC has held onto a secret scene showing the victim for dear life (not exactly the highest chance considering that the final 10 mins just leaked and they're leaking like crazy lol) we're getting a cliffhanger.

Nothing in the audio seems to contradict the cliffhanger ending we've been hearing about. So unless AMC has held onto a secret scene showing the victim for dear life (not exactly the highest chance considering that the final 10 mins just leaked and they're leaking like crazy lol) we're getting a cliffhanger.
Well we did get those extra 3 minutes. All we can do now is just hope for the best. JDM sounds great as Negan so it will be cool to watch the scene play out.

The ending of the audio clip is fucking terrifying so I'm happy.

UberTag

I haven't listened, but how is it so unclear if there's being a name said or not? Is it bad quality? How come I've seen no one struggling to understand Negan?

Has to be people hearing what they want to hear right?
The audio quality is relatively pristine. The confusion is that the POV camera angle of the Lucille victim also results in POV auditory quality from the victim's point of view. Once the first swing of Lucille cracks their skull, there's a ringing in their ear and almost all of the audio is muffled apart from Negan's boast of "taking it like a champ" followed by the additional cracks and crunches while screams and shrieks echo in the background.

The audio quality is relatively pristine. The confusion is that the POV camera angle of the Lucille victim also results in POV auditory quality from the victim's point of view. Once the first swing of Lucille cracks their skull, there's a ringing in their ear and almost all of the audio is muffled apart from Negan's boast of "taking it like a champ" followed by the additional cracks and crunches while screams and shrieks echo in the background.

Got it. Cheers.

I know it'll be great but it should be incredible. They've fucked up.

Over-Run

I don't get how he can pick somebody and nobody says anything, seems unnatural. You would think the victim would say something like please no or something

I must be twisted because a part of me thinks well Rick and co you guys deserve this. Also I think it's a lose lose for gimple no matter who they chose he's going to get backlash. Cliffhanger or no cliffhanger whenever he decides to stop the scene they'll be backlash so if I was him I'd end it how I want also.

I must be twisted because a part of me thinks well Rick and co you guys deserve this. Also I think it's a lose lose for gimple no matter who they chose he's going to get backlash. Cliffhanger or no cliffhanger whenever he decides to stop the scene they'll be backlash so if I was him I'd end it how I want also.

But why is this how he wanted it? For me this massively devalues the entrance of the biggest villain and one of the biggest characters in the show. Massively. Imagine he picks out Glenn like in the comics and we end with a shot of Glenn's horrible bashed-in head on the floor before panning to the rest of our distraught guys. Boom. You've got 6 months to process how this guy is the real fucking deal.

As it ends now? Fucking Sasha and Aaron are in the line-up, it could be one of them. So instead of spending 6 months thinking how much of an evil fucker Negan is for killing an original character you've gotta spend 6 months playing the guessing game. A guessing game which will be prematurely ended when filming starts.

If they wanted a cliffhanger ending then they should have changed a few things and made the final line-up Glenn, Rick, Daryl and Maggie. Then you've got the cliffhanger but you KNOW he's just brutally murdered an incredibly popular character.

Idk man, the whole thing is kinda baffling to me.

Nope. I would have gone even farther (in both the attack on the Satellite Facility and Negan's entrance). I really wish there were unarmed women and kids in the Savior base, just to see how Rick would react. Have an eight year wake up after and scream at Rick in terror would have been a great opportunity to see what he would have done.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
"Taking it like a champ" with no pronoun scares me.

Unless you're not meant to know at that point and the episode ends with a crane shot or something - this looks cliffhangerish. That music added at the end could mean otherwise I guess

I feel like AMC needs a unannounced special episode of Into the Badlands or Turn to drag the supposed cliffhanger out a little more with a bonus scene.

MBison

Considering how bad I felt the dumpster dead not dead stuff was I just can't believe they're going to a similar well again. Gonna take the bite out of that awesome 10 min monologue. AMC don't care. 12 mil viewers. DGAF. Fans would have to retaliate somehow at conventions or something for it to resonate. Won't happen.

If it is a cliffhanger wouldn't that basically rule Glen out? Because almost everyone I know that watches the Walking Dead pretty much knows what happens in the comic (Talking Dead has made references to it, and even the show has played around with people knowing about the bat). It would be stupid to have a cliffhanger for something everyone thinks they already know, unless you was going to change it up.

That said we are talking about the writers TWD...

Edit: I do know one older couple who love the TWD, but they have zero idea what is going to happen. I can't wait to hear their reaction.

But why is this how he wanted it? For me this massively devalues the entrance of the biggest villain and one of the biggest characters in the show. Massively. Imagine he picks out Glenn like in the comics and we end with a shot of Glenn's horrible bashed-in head on the floor before panning to the rest of our distraught guys. Boom. You've got 6 months to process how this guy is the real fucking deal.

As it ends now? Fucking Sasha and Aaron are in the line-up, it could be one of them. So instead of spending 6 months thinking how much of an evil fucker Negan is for killing an original character you've gotta spend 6 months playing the guessing game. A guessing game which will be prematurely ended when filming starts.

If they wanted a cliffhanger ending then they should have changed a few things and made the final line-up Glenn, Rick, Daryl and Maggie. Then you've got the cliffhanger but you KNOW he's just brutally murdered an incredibly popular character.

Idk man, the whole thing is kinda baffling to me.
I'm not disagreeing on how lame a cliffhanger will be. It's going to suck I'm just saying he's going to get shit regardless of who it is or how it ends

Uh holy shit, this Reddit user has a PRETTY compelling idea.

1) The added 3 minutes to the finale are the rest of the scene, screeners were sent a different cut that doesn't reveal the victim.
2) This is the cold open, and is longer than usual since this is a 93 minute finale. We see the full scene play out in the end, with the victim revealed. Like how last episode had part of Carol's scene.
3) The initial strike is POV, the rest show the victim being hit.

...could we loop back around and see the full scene at the end?? Would explain the theme music at the end of the clip.

Uh holy shit, this Reddit user has a PRETTY compelling idea.

...could we loop back around and see the full scene at the end?? Would explain the theme music at the end of the clip.

Don't know that it's compelling so much as desperate. People are clinging to the runtime change as if it means something- but it likely doesn't. All signs point to cliffhanger, folks. It sucks. It's a bad move. It's gimmicky and transparent as hell, but it looks like we're stuck with it.

It's too bad. They've got an amazing entrance helmed by a fantastic actor who appears to be perfect for the part, and the showrunners are going to foul it up.

This is TWD's Red Wedding. Can you imagine the Red Wedding ending on a cliffhanger? "Tune in next season to see who gets killed!!!!" Herp derp.

Are you kidding me?

Don't know that it's compelling so much as desperate. People are clinging to the runtime change as if it means something- but it likely doesn't. All signs point to cliffhanger, folks. It sucks. It's a bad move. It's gimmicky and transparent as hell, but it looks like we're stuck with it.

It's too bad. They've got an amazing entrance helmed by a fantastic actor who appears to be perfect for the part, and the showrunners are going to foul it up.

This is TWD's Red Wedding. Can you imagine the Red Wedding ending on a cliffhanger? "Tune in next season to see who gets killed!!!!" Herp derp.

Are you kidding me?

Admittedly I'm grasping at straws. Your Red Wedding comparison is perfectly apt. Ugh.

Top Bottom