• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sports Champions |OT| of Pretending to Play Sports

marc^o^ said:
Want to find an insightful review of this game? Read this: http://bit.ly/ahxNTq

How can an insightful review not discuss Table Tennis though? :lol I also like the AI, for generally being realistic opponents with their own play styles and fun behaviour in terms of making faults or employing tricks like pretend-shouting for a hard ball while serving and then delivering one that only barely bounces over the net. :lol

There's one thing don't quite find myself agreeing with though - although I've always been least interested in Beach Volley, once I got around to it, I do find I have total control (minus obviously the initial assists) over where I'm placing the ball. It's not as precanned as the mostly automated positional movement leads you to believe.

MrPliskin

Banned
Plinko said:
That said, it IS a glorified tech demo. Just because a sport has a few cups doesn't make it a deep experience. I completely agree with Amirox--these games need a lot more. I really feel once the initial "purchase high" goes away in a few months people will look back and be a bit disappointed in this compilation.

So essentially what you are saying is that if Sports Champions had more modes and features per sport, yet the core gameplay remained the same (as it would) that it would somehow NOT be a tech demo?
:lol

And people who are gushing over the game are fanboys?

Riiiiight.

Malechai

I have to admit I'm surprised at the difficulty some people are having getting the Move set up to work. I didn't read any set up instructions with mine - just plopped it on the TV and followed in game prompts to calibrate and its been rock solid. No jumpy cursor, no off pointing, accurate representation in-game of what I'm doing.

A friend of mine came over and after playing it one night, went out and got the Move bundle himself. His setup requires him to put his under his TV because its mounted rather high on the wall. I was curious so I went over to his place. No issues there either. His 7 year old son figured out the calibration in SC without it being explained to him. The most interesting thing I noticed is that his son initially had problems playing Gladiator Duel because he had severe case of Wii-Waggleitis - he kept using fast left and right wrist motions in an attempt to attack his opponent. Once we told him to swing his arm like he'd swing a sword, bam! Instantly better.

hsukardi

Malechai said:
I have to admit I'm surprised at the difficulty some people are having getting the Move set up to work. I didn't read any set up instructions with mine - just plopped it on the TV and followed in game prompts to calibrate and its been rock solid. No jumpy cursor, no off pointing, accurate representation in-game of what I'm doing.

A friend of mine came over and after playing it one night, went out and got the Move bundle himself. His setup requires him to put his under his TV because its mounted rather high on the wall. I was curious so I went over to his place. No issues there either. His 7 year old son figured out the calibration in SC without it being explained to him. The most interesting thing I noticed is that his son initially had problems playing Gladiator Duel because he had severe case of Wii-Waggleitis - he kept using fast left and right wrist motions in an attempt to attack his opponent. Once we told him to swing his arm like he'd swing a sword, bam! Instantly better.

Regardless, there's still a lot of kinks to work out whether it be on the user side or the production side. Initially when the Wii came out there was a little bit of difficulty with it as well as users took to new hardware, but we'll definitely see what happens with Move in the next few weeks/months.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I finally got around to playing Sports Champions at home - played the tennis.

Is it just me or is the game ridiculously blurry? Even the trophy popup looks fuzzy compared to normal. Which is weird because my TV is convinced the game is running at 1080.

IPoopStandingUp said:
I finally got around to playing Sports Champions at home - played the tennis.

Is it just me or is the game ridiculously blurry? Even the trophy popup looks fuzzy compared to normal. Which is weird because my TV is convinced the game is running at 1080.

Game supports 1080p mode and doesn't force 720p mode as it probably better could have done. I suspect it probably upscales 960x1080p so that's probably what you're seeing. I mostly play in the living room at 720p (well, 768 on my TV) and that looks just as good as everything else (though ok some of the textures aren't very high-res).

You may want to force 720p mode and see if that helps on your TV.

Oni Jazar

I really wish the Penhold grip style was easier to pull off. It's the serves that make it too difficult for me.

You would think that since the opponents could do it so could you.

MrPliskin

Banned
Oni Jazar said:
I really wish the Penhold grip style was easier to pull off. It's the serves that make it too difficult for me.

You would think that since the opponents could do it so could you.

This should be something people should really ask for. Honestly I see no reason they couldn't put it in as an option "Penhold grip" and adjust the calibration accordingly from the software side.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
MrPliskin said:
So essentially what you are saying is that if Sports Champions had more modes and features per sport, yet the core gameplay remained the same (as it would) that it would somehow NOT be a tech demo?

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. You do realize what a demo is, right? A tech demo (short for demonstration) is the perfect name for this. It gives you a small sample of games (with a small number of cups) instead of leagues, tournaments, or other deep modes. This game was specifically made to demonstrate the PS Move capabilities. It was NOT made to give a deep gameplay experience. This is almost no different than Wii Sports Resort's single-player mode--you blaze through the competition in matches and it gets harder as you advance.

This type of offering would have been acceptable in the NES or Genesis/SNES days due to cartridge restrictions. This game is on a Blu-ray. There is no excuse for not offering these types of deeper modes. You can put all the laughing smiley faces you want on it--there's a reason reviews for this game are average and magazines like Edge are giving this game a 6. Reasonable people can see this.

MrPliskin said:
And people who are gushing over the game are fanboys?

Riiiiight.

I don't think everybody gushing over this game is a fanboy. I think the people saying that this game shows a gigantic leap over Motion+ are fanboys.

If you ever took the time to read my other posts you would see that I, too, really like this game. I've played table tennis, disc golf, and bocce non-stop for days. I just see this game for what it is--a glorified tech demo that I define as shallow because I don't see a few cups as being a "deep" gameplay experience.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Maastricht said:
There's one thing don't quite find myself agreeing with though - although I've always been least interested in Beach Volley, once I got around to it, I do find I have total control (minus obviously the initial assists) over where I'm placing the ball. It's not as precanned as the mostly automated positional movement leads you to believe.

I completely agree with this. I was shocked at how precisely I was able to place the ball. I really like the beach volleyball.

RuGalz

Finally picked up Move bundle on Saturday after trying it out at friend's house on Friday night. Still haven't played any sports besides Table Tennis. Although the difficulty is a bit lacking until the 2nd half of gold for me, it's still such a great game. Every character has his/her own playing style, animations, etc. It may not have as many modes/unlockables compared to a full blown TT game but it's pretty darn close.

While you technically don't need to go all out with the full swing, I find it so much easier to control the ball since it feels closer to the real thing. And I find myself making the same mistakes in the game as in real life. I'm pretty close to consider getting attachment because sometimes I would lose track of the orientation of my paddle and hit the ball wrong. This is what I have been wanting for motion controlled game. :D

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
on Silver and Gold you get away with faking it much less though, bronze isn't a great representation of the game I think. Except maybe Gladiator, I think that only has AI differences?

RuGalz said:
Finally picked up Move bundle on Saturday after trying it out at friend's house on Friday night. Still haven't played any sports besides Table Tennis. Although the difficulty is a bit lacking until the 2nd half of gold for me, it's still such a great game. Every character has his/her own playing style, animations, etc. It may not have as many modes/unlockables compared to a full blown TT game but it's pretty darn close.

While you technically don't need to go all out with the full swing, I find it so much easier to control the ball since it feels closer to the real thing. And I find myself making the same mistakes in the game as in real life. I'm pretty close to consider getting attachment because sometimes I would lose track of the orientation of my paddle and hit the ball wrong. This is what I have been wanting for motion controlled game. :D
You must be good because I'm getting my damn ass raped trying to beat the last person in the silver cup. I found it to get pretty difficult halfway through the silver.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Plinko said:
Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. You do realize what a demo is, right? A tech demo (short for demonstration) is the perfect name for this. It gives you a small sample of games (with a small number of cups) instead of leagues, tournaments, or other deep modes. This game was specifically made to demonstrate the PS Move capabilities. It was NOT made to give a deep gameplay experience. This is almost no different than Wii Sports Resort's single-player mode--you blaze through the competition in matches and it gets harder as you advance.

This type of offering would have been acceptable in the NES or Genesis/SNES days due to cartridge restrictions. This game is on a Blu-ray. There is no excuse for not offering these types of deeper modes. You can put all the laughing smiley faces you want on it--there's a reason reviews for this game are average and magazines like Edge are giving this game a 6. Reasonable people can see this.

I don't think everybody gushing over this game is a fanboy. I think the people saying that this game shows a gigantic leap over Motion+ are fanboys.

If you ever took the time to read my other posts you would see that I, too, really like this game. I've played table tennis, disc golf, and bocce non-stop for days. I just see this game for what it is--a glorified tech demo that I define as shallow because I don't see a few cups as being a "deep" gameplay experience.
"Reasonable people" previously made embarassing mistakes with games requiring new input methods. Excite Trucks or PES Wii are two debacle examples that come to mind.

If you can't see the gigantic leap between this and motion+, as a wii fanboy let me question your taste.

Plinko said:

I think you are confusing people with the terminology "tech demo" though.

It clearly is a game. People have spent a hundred hours playing it already and enjoying themselves. They are happy to pay $40 for it as an experience. I think that is pretty clear that people consider it a gaming experience.

If you want to call that a tech demo anyways then I think we have a difference of opinion on what a tech demo is versus a game. Usually the general populace uses the word "tech demo" for something which is shows off the tech but fails to be a fun or have enough depth to engage you.

It sounds more like what you are saying is that the base mechanics are fine but it is lacking the full fleshed out gameplay modes & back story of a typical game.

If that is what you are saying there is no argument. There is no story mode even as basic as Street Fighter 2 where each world champion has a back story. It is simply an arena match game going from match to match.

Its about like a computer chess game. No frills no thrills just pure gameplay against a computer AI at progressively harder levels.

So if you want to say this game "should have had more single player stuff" I think no one would argue with you.

But saying Tech Demo is hyperbole I think or at least many reasonable people aren't going to agree with you about it not being a game. I sunk enough time into it to qualify for the definition personally.

Vandiger

darkwing said:
anyone plat this game? :lol i don't think i can 3 star Gold Kenji lol

You can easily beat him by just giving him topspin serves on the deep right corner(kenji's left), he tends to hit alot of returns out of bounds. Makes him too easy, after discovering that weakness.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I give up, who said Archery was accurate? It's not. I've tried calibrating it for 30 minutes, tried standing all over the room and it's still buggy as shit. The fact that it "loses" the destination point of the two balls happens way too often, as in 1/10 of the times. Which is enough to fail the round.

First impressions of using two Move controllers at the same time? Terrible.

My arms and shoulders are so sore after a long session with Gladiator & Table Tennis.

I have to switch left & right sides after awhile to even things out.

I feel like I went to a boxing class.

Yoshichan said:
I give up, who said Archery was accurate? It's not. I've tried calibrating it for 30 minutes, tried standing all over the room and it's still buggy as shit. The fact that it "loses" the destination point of the two balls happens way too often, as in 1/10 of the times. Which is enough to fail the round.

First impressions of using two Move controllers at the same time? Terrible.

What's your setup?

Camera on top or bottom of TV and how far off the ground?
Room lighting bright or dark?
Are you calibrating by pointing at the camera or at the TV?

marc^o^

Sports Champions is a game Sega could have made, had they remained relevant in the arcades. Pure, core, deep gameplay mechanics. The hook comes from how well it plays and nothing else. I missed this.

marc^o^ said:
Sports Champions is a game Sega could have made, had they remained relevant in the arcades. Pure, core, deep gameplay mechanics. The hook comes from how well it plays and nothing else. I missed this.

If Sega makes Virtua Tennis less engaging than Sports Champions table tennis it will be a real shame. Truly a shame.

They need to add the movement into Virtua Tennis. If its "Waggle only" then they are really missing the point.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
UntoldDreams said:
Camera on top or bottom of TV and how far off the ground?
Room lighting bright or dark?
Are you calibrating by pointing at the camera or at the TV?
Camera on the TV. Approximately 2 meters from the ground.
Room is not bright nor dark, it's perfect light imo.
Calibrating by pointing at the camera.

Another problem I found with archery is this:

yIhhN.jpg

See how the frikkin controller is covering a part of the screen? Aiming at the hip is necessary or else I won't be able to see crap. Also, I've tried backing away from the screen a lot, same problem.

RuGalz

Yoshichan said:

See how the frikkin controller is covering a part of the screen? Aiming at the hip is necessary or else I won't be able to see crap. Also, I've tried backing away from the screen a lot, same problem.

That's going to be a problem the fact your TV is pretty low to the ground. It would be a lot more accurate if you had the camera higher up, probably to the level where you put other stuff on the wall back there. But I don't know if the game is going to ask you pointing toward the camera as center of the aim or toward the TV if you raised the camera. Maybe worth a shot?

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
B1gg_Randall said:
Hey anyone know If a boxing move game is coming???
The Fight!

Everyone is skeptical of this one though. Good news is that it was delayed so they can perfect the controls. It has face tracking and 1:1 controls but still buggy as hell from the builds they have showed thus far. Keeping my fingers crossed on this one as it could be the killer app Motion controls have been waiting for
besides sports champs of course

deepbrown

distrbnce

Banned
PistolGrip said:
The Fight!

Everyone is skeptical of this one though. Good news is that it was delayed so they can perfect the controls. It has face tracking and 1:1 controls but still buggy as hell from the builds they have showed thus far. Keeping my fingers crossed on this one as it could be the killer app Motion controls have been waiting for
besides sports champs of course

I was just gonna post that I hope Sony has stepped in to really polish this game into the showcase that SC is... Then I searched and realized it's a first party title.

The Fight could turn out to be pretty awesome, hope so at least.

MrPliskin

Banned
Plinko said:

Someone doesn't understand the word "depth".

Rarely do you hear people talk about video games and "depth" without speaking about mechanics in tandem. Depth refers almost exclusively to a games learning curve and it's complexity.

In this case, we're talking about the ability to learn, over time, to correctly hit a ping pong ball, apply spin, and defend different types of hits. These all factor into the depth available for said game. If you take the mechanics of this game and place them into a dedicated Table Tennis game, with some convoluted league system, it is still just as deep as it was before, the difference being the re-playability and reward system for a single player experience. But the mechanics are still the same. Simply putting on another layer of 'campaign' to it doesn't give them game "depth".

Devil May Cry and Ninja Gaiden aren't "Deep" because the offer many game play modes. They are "deep" because they have a combat system that will reward players for learning the intricacies of it.

Sports Champions is not a "shallow" game. The lack of any kind of story, or league, or anything else does not make it "deep". Your hyperbole is a joke, and your view on this matter absolutely reeks of contrived nonsense. Your preconceived opinions with references to these types of games is absurdly transparent.

Also, the technology is different from motion plus. Positional data makes all the difference in the world. This is easily observable to anyone who is accustomed to playing Wii Sports Tennis and picks up Table Tennis on Move. Instantly observable, even.

Ristlager

This techdemo is just crazy talk. I bought this game and tiger woods at the same time. I have spent 15 hours with Sport Champions and maybe 3 with Tiger. What does it matter if its deep or not. If it is a game I want to play after 15 hours, noone is going to tell me that its not a full game. This game is for me the most revelutionary game since Guitar Hero.

Plinko

marc^o^ said:
"Reasonable people" previously made embarassing mistakes with games requiring new input methods. Excite Trucks or PES Wii are two debacle examples that come to mind.

If you can't see the gigantic leap between this and motion+, as a wii fanboy let me question your taste.

If you were such a "Wii Fanboy" why are you bringing two games that don't use Motion+ into a conversation about Motion+/PS Move?

Plinko

MrPliskin said:
Someone doesn't understand the word "depth".

Rarely do you hear people talk about video games and "depth" without speaking about mechanics in tandem. Depth refers almost exclusively to a games learning curve and it's complexity.

Wrong. Absolutely, unequivocally wrong. "Exclusively?" I think someone doesn't understand that "depth" can mean other things. I've heard tons of people on this site alone use "depth" to refer to the amount of content in a game.

I have absolutely no issue with you using the word "depth" to discuss the technical complexities of SC. But that doesn't instantly dismiss the idea that the more content a game has, the more "depth" it has. When I say SC is a shallow game, that's what I'm talking about--content. Not the technical complexity of the games like table tennis (which I have repeatedly stated I love).

What I don't get is: Why do you take my opinion of this game so personally? Were you personally involved in the creation of this game? Because, if not, your reaction to my opinion is a bit much. I think I was very reasonable in displaying my enjoyment of this game while also discussing what I was disappointed with. If you disagree, great--that's your call.

Plinko

devilhunterx said:
:D :lol

Can I get a facepalm.jpg please?

Can I get an explanation, please, instead of a troll-and-run? What exactly is your issue with Edge?

MrPliskin

Banned
Plinko said:
Wrong. Absolutely, unequivocally wrong.

So you just stopped at one sentence? What you are talking about is the difference between the scarceness and robustness of modes, but not the depth. This is, for the most part, indisputable. Unless you can somehow find people who agree with you, but I'm willing to bet I'm in the majority here.

Depth is the complexity and a specific mechanic when referencing a video game.

What you are talking about is a robust feature list for game types (Season, Exhibition, etc).

These are completely different and unrelated in a general sense. Especially when you're talking about solo sports that don't require team management.

Also: Do you not know how to use the edit feature?

Plinko

MrPliskin said:
So you just stopped at one sentence? What you are talking about is the difference between the scarceness and robustness of modes, but not the depth. This is, for the most part, indisputable. Unless you can somehow find people who agree with you, but I'm willing to bet I'm in the majority here.

Depth is the complexity and a specific mechanic when referencing a video game.

What you are talking about is a robust feature list for game types (Season, Exhibition, etc).

These are completely different and unrelated in a general sense. Especially when you're talking about solo sports that don't require team management.

Also: Do you not know how to use the edit feature?

Was still typing and accidentally hit "submit." Read above post again.

MrPliskin

Banned
Plinko said:
Was still typing and accidentally hit "submit." Read above post again.

To that I will respond: What exactly changes about the core game mechanic if they add in a tournament mode as a single player experience? Obviously we know why there isn't online at this point. Latency is an issue, as of right now.

So, if they add in say, a career mode, with character creation, etc, how does the experience suddenly differ? It will still be exactly the same, and you'll be doing the same thing you otherwise would if you just played the computer repeatedly (or friends, for that matter). Simply adding a new layer of progression doesn't really enhance or change anything about the game.

I take issue with your statements because I think too many people carelessly toss around buzz words that they've put in their lexicon for the sole purpose of appearing to be "in the know".

Tech Demos, Depth, Shallow, etc. It's all just utter nonsense because people refuse to really ask what it is they are talking about. What you are asking for is a more robust single player experience, not a deeper game. There is a substantial difference here.

distrbnce

Banned
Plinko said:
If you were such a "Wii Fanboy" why are you bringing two games that don't use Motion+ into a conversation about Motion+/PS Move?

I think the point he was trying to make that new control schemes can possibly result in lower-than-perhaps-deserved scores, he wasn't comparing the two technologies.

Plinko said:
I've heard tons of people on this site alone use "depth" to refer to the amount of content in a game.

Quite a battle of semantics. I've heard more people say things like "I wish they would've but more depth into [so-and-so] and left out [some extra content]"

Seems like a never-ending discussion, but this might help: Could Sports Champions be considered art?

MrPliskin

Banned
distrbnce said:
Seems like a never-ending discussion, but this might help: Could Sports Champions be considered art?
:lol :lol :lol

Bravo, now everyone in my University Library is wondering why I'm holding back laughter.

Anyway, you're right. I agree to disagree, and I'm not going to discuss the topic any further, I think I've said my peace well enough.

Plinko

MrPliskin said:
To that I will respond: What exactly changes about the core game mechanic if they add in a tournament mode as a single player experience? Obviously we know why there isn't online at this point. Latency is an issue, as of right now.

So, if they add in say, a career mode, with character creation, etc, how does the experience suddenly differ? It will still be exactly the same, and you'll be doing the same thing you otherwise would if you just played the computer repeatedly (or friends, for that matter). Simply adding a new layer of progression doesn't really enhance or change anything about the game.

I take issue with your statements because I think too many people carelessly toss around buzz words that they've put in their lexicon for the sole purpose of appearing to be "in the know".

Tech Demos, Depth, Shallow, etc. It's all just utter nonsense because people refuse to really ask what it is they are talking about. What you are asking for is a more robust single player experience, not a deeper game. There is a substantial difference here.

This is semantics. Again, I've heard tons of people at GAF use the term "depth" for content. You are right, though--There is a huge difference...depending on how you use the word "depth."

I want a deeper single-player experience. That's my main complaint. I use "depth" to describe that. If that's where the confusion came in, my apologies.

I disagree with you, though, in your thought that adding a layer of progression doesn't really enhance of change anything about the game. That's ridiculous. If EA put out a Madden without a franchise mode, people would flip out. Every sports game today has some sort of league, franchise, or even tournament mode. The only ones that really don't are collections of mini-games, which is where the comparison could be made.

Vlodril

Table tennis works pretty well for multiplayer also. My brother came by and we played a few rounds and it tracks us both perfectly. I could use a bit more space to go all out but thats ok.

Had the first casualty today, in a rather forcefull spike, my brother managed to break my overhead lamp :lol

At least the move wasnt broken or anything.

marc^o^

Plinko said:
This is semantics. Again, I've heard tons of people at GAF use the term "depth" for content. You are right, though--There is a huge difference...depending on how you use the word "depth."

I want a deeper single-player experience. That's my main complaint. I use "depth" to describe that. If that's where the confusion came in, my apologies.

I disagree with you, though, in your thought that adding a layer of progression doesn't really enhance of change anything about the game. That's ridiculous. If EA put out a Madden without a franchise mode, people would flip out. Every sports game today has some sort of league, franchise, or even tournament mode. The only ones that really don't are collections of mini-games, which is where the comparison could be made.
The thing is, whatever SC is missing in content in the terms you describe, it still offers a gameplay experience that is second to none. And it does so in an old fashioned arcade way that is still awesome: challenge opponents with different game styles, increasingly more difficult to beat. Know your roots, some of the best games ever created follow this progression.

Yoshichan said:

Another problem I found with archery is this:
**IMAGE**

Yeah I think the issue you are having is the relative camera position and height.

Just as a simple TEST you can... play on your knees. I know that sounds terrible but to validate that its a height problem you can go down on one knee like Robin Hood and attempt to fire off the arrows.

I think this would also fix the issue with the move controller blocking your TV view.

I think in the end you will have to manufacture some way to get the camera a foot higher. Not way higher but certainly a bit higher than the TV height itself in your picture.

If the camera were about shoulder level or higher then I think it could see the two Move Disco Balls without you doing anything funny.

SSJ1Goku

Banned
marc^o^ said:

I feel the same way and this is coming from someone who hates Sega. I feel games like SC somewhat vindicates Sega's past view of how games should be made easy to play, hard to master, instantly fun. Did I mention how much I used to hate Sega grrr.

B1gg_Randall said:
Hey anyone know If a boxing move game is coming???

Hudson is confirmed to be making one.

bestami

Fucking Kenji. I three starred everything on table tennis up until this fucker. I can't even keep up with this guy. I don't have any idea how to beat this bastard let alone three starring him. Kinda frustrating.

Also any tips on how to three star gladiator events ? I can easily beat guys on bronze but i dont usually get three starts on them. Is there a way to rack-up points ?

bestami said:
Fucking Kenji. I three starred everything on table tennis up until this fucker. I can't even keep up with this guy. I don't have any idea how to beat this bastard let alone three starring him. Kinda frustrating.

Also any tips on how to three star gladiator events ? I can easily beat guys on bronze but i dont usually get three starts on them. Is there a way to rack-up points ?

Hmm... Get like 3-4 solid hits on them until they are dizzy, then launch them into the air with an uppercut. Hit them back down into the dirt or air juggle them.

Beat them with style quickly and you will 3 star them.

UntoldDreams said:
Yeah I think the issue you are having is the relative camera position and height.

Just as a simple TEST you can... play on your knees. I know that sounds terrible but to validate that its a height problem you can go down on one knee like Robin Hood and attempt to fire off the arrows.

I think this would also fix the issue with the move controller blocking your TV view.

I think in the end you will have to manufacture some way to get the camera a foot higher. Not way higher but certainly a bit higher than the TV height itself in your picture.

If the camera were about shoulder level or higher then I think it could see the two Move Disco Balls without you doing anything funny.

I've got my camera at that ~approximate height as it's at the base of my TV (as shown on screen for the calibration), so I don't think the height is the issue. Although, I'm assuming the grip he's using isn't what he uses in the game. I point my controller at the screen vs holding it upright.

I've had no issues with the archery and enjoy the two move setup, but unless you do what the lightgun games do which is to reflect what you're actually pointing back from the screen, there's going to be a calibration of what the PSEye thinks you're pointing at (from whatever angle that is) to what the screen shows you in terms of the cursor.

Afrikan

Maastricht said:
It's not a great video, but hey ... just wanted to share it. This is silver final or early gold, I think. I hope to improve (and will have to). But it's fun fun fun!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh2xFc1s8fU

:lol at 00:14

you did a pretty good job though.

and your room seems to be VERY bright from the sunlight....you didn't seem to have any connection problems, even with all that movement and that bright light.

Top Bottom