• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geneijin

7Th said:
I honestly don't know how to feel about that page. At all. Hashime in general kind of scares me and I don't know why.
It's everything VA-related, isn't it? It does bothers me, but I don't read any of it for it to be anything more than that. That, and I guess I'm desensitized to it considering all the other anime-related obsessions I've seen so I normalized it.

doomed1 said:
There's a little more than subtext in that show... >__>
I know. It was a choice of words icarus used when I was asked which of the two shows had more lesbian subtext, A-Channel or Sengoku Otome.

icarus should read it if she's still curious. :lol

Steroyd

doomed1 said:
There's a little more than subtext in that show... >__>

Boob-slap.gif

This pretty much sums up the first episode.

Joule

7Th said:
I honestly don't know how to feel about that page. At all. Hashime in general kind of scares me and I don't know why.
I kinda like Hashihime (I don't mind the whole VA coverage she does) but I think her liking of A-Channel is certainly off to me.

Rektash said:
It has mahjong, that is more than enough for me. RON!
I hope Madhouse can get to season 2 someday : ( and that the OP will be as epic as this

Geneijin

Joule said:
I kinda like Hashihime (I don't mind the whole VA coverage she does) but I think her liking of A-Channel is certainly off to me.
Hashihime was one of the few who even mentioned Tamayura (OVA) and Ikoku no Meiro Croisee. Otherwise, I wouldn't have known about them. I like it for that.

Speaking of which, new PV of Ikoku no Meiro Croisee (firehawk might go crazy for this show).

icarus-daedelus said:
I skimmed. It sounds like the person who wrote that has, uh, low standards for amazement. To put it mildly. :p
I was referring to the amount of lesbian subtext you wanted to know about but that works too.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Planetes 4 - 5

Some stupid idiot got punched in the face, and then, some stupid parents that didn't deserve to have a kid, got their kid back, in a space ship that looks like a cell phone.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Sek-Hat 01, Now this show is just pandering to my every whim. Works in a shoujo manga department... and at his former job, he was editor to a star writer... Usagi from Junjou Romantica.

Still hilarious how the artist can only dry the same two characters. Sharper face will always be the seme while cuter/rounder is the uke.

Joule

Geneijin said:
Hashihime was one of the few who even mentioned Tamayura (OVA) and Ikoku no Meiro Croisee. Otherwise, I wouldn't have known about them. I like it for that.
I get enough Tamayura and similar series mentioning from our dear firehawk and yourself.

Watched a few shows:

Dog Days 2: Now that's what I'm talking about Seven Arcs. Lots of action and the exposition wasn't long and awful. Also Leon is the best. As long as Seven Arcs doesn't drop the ball (this isn't unusual) this should be a lot of light hearted fun.

Softenni 1: This wasn't that bad other than the more than fair amount of fanservice. I was a little amused. Maybe if they can step up the comedy more and lessen the fanservice (with Xebec it probably isn't happening) I could enjoy this more.

Maria†Holic Alive 1: Well that was okay. Not the most amusing episode but I guess it's more of the same. I do like hearing Asami Sanada again (as well as Yuu Kobayashi in this role). Also God.

Dororon Enma-kun Meeramera 1: It's pretty good and well produced. I'm not feeling the show that much yet but it has potential to be fun. Another Mamiko Noto role that isn't her usual yes! The OP is certainly hot blooded.

Nichijou 2: That chase scene. That chase scene. I did find amusement in the other scenes too though but it does seem like there's going to be one really awesome bit among the rest of the episode for this series. The characters are pretty adorable still. On a related note I wonder if Mariko Honda and Misuzu Togashi are going to get that sudden KyoAni anime rise in popularity. I hope so. I liked them quite a bit in Ichizon.

Lain

Battle Girls Time Paradox is funny. The protagonist is an idiot but that helped in making the first episode enjoyable. I hope there will be a teacher lookalike in the past, because the teacher was hot.
The beginning of the ED is also nice.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Seikon no Qwaser 2: damn you icarus edition.

Yeah, so... mix Maria Holic, Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru, Strawberry Panic and mammary milking and you have this show in a nutshell. Even boiling down a 20 minute experience to 8 minutes wasn't enough to distill the awkwardness/awesomeness of this show. Having dropped the first season after an episode, I have no idea what is going on... I'm imagining they rebooted the show or something.

I will say though, I'm impressed by the actress who plays the main character. She's like a minor league version of Yuu Kobayashi, considering the range of roles she's played. In Japan, having a gravelly alto voice means you get to play male roles but once in a while get to be super girly as well. Better than all the squeaky girls that dominate the industry anyway. :lol

Geneijin said:
Speaking of which, new PV of Ikoku no Meiro Croisee (firehawk might go crazy for this show).
Wow, it's like a super moe Emma: A Victorian Romance. Or maybe Taishou Baseball Girls without the baseball. Yay summer!

firehawk12 said:
Seikon no Qwaser 2: damn you icarus edition.

Yeah, so... mix Maria Holic, Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru, Strawberry Panic and mammary milking and you have this show in a nutshell. Even boiling down a 20 minute experience to 8 minutes wasn't enough to distill the awkwardness/awesomeness of this show. Having dropped the first season after an episode, I have no idea what is going on... I'm imagining they rebooted the show or something.

I will say though, I'm impressed by the actress who plays the main character. She's like a minor league version of Yuu Kobayashi, considering the range of roles she's played. In Japan, having a gravelly alto voice means you get to play male roles but once in a while get to be super girly as well. Better than all the squeaky girls that dominate the industry anyway. :lol

Wow you make it sound as epic, if not more epic, as the first season! Guess I will dig into more Seikon!!!!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Dedication Through Light said:
Wow you make it sound as epic, if not more epic, as the first season! Guess I will dig into more Seikon!!!!
What Have I Done(.gif)!!!!
Then again, I guess this is just what anime is these days.

Geneijin

firehawk12 said:
Wow, it's like a super moe Emma: A Victorian Romance. Or maybe Taishou Baseball Girls without the baseball. Yay summer!
Guess you missed it last time I posted about it. I'm oblivious to the aspects of film, but this name probably has more meaning to you than me.

Kenji Yasuda (Shugo Chara! franchise) is directing the project's animators at the studio Satelight. Junichi Sato (Aria, Kaleido Star, Princess Tutu) is not only supervising the story that Mamiko Ikeda (D.C. ~Da Capo~, Emma: A Victorian Romance, Himawari!) is scripting, but he is also directing the soundtrack. The anime will premiere in Japan this summer. - ANN

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Geneijin said:
Guess you missed it last time I posted about it. I'm oblivious to the aspects of film, but this name probably has more meaning to you than me.
You know, I totally remember reading that but I guess I forgot about it again. I wonder what that means for the music though... I'd love to see Choro Club again.
Looks like Summer season hype +infinity though.

Edit: also, duh, that's why I got an Emma vibe. :lol

Geneijin

firehawk12 said:
You know, I totally remember reading that but I guess I forgot about it again. I wonder what that means for the music though... I'd love to see Choro Club again.
Looks like Summer season hype +infinity though.

Edit: also, duh, that's why I got an Emma vibe. :lol
According to ANN, ko-ko-ya (Ristorante Paradiso) will help compose the music. I still need to finish Aria (and start Ristorante Paradiso), but my impressions from the first PV then was that the musical direction is very similar to Aria. There's a distinctive style and vibe Sato loves to employ to create a sort of calm, meandering atmosphere (?) with the use of guitar strings or maybe it's just me. I won't miss Choro Club personally because I feel ko-ko-ya and Choro Club are similar yet still distinctive in their own ways if you know what I mean.

Summer is looking great, but I hope I didn't just jinx it.

hamchan

Hey guys I watch a lot of anime but don't really post in here and I can't be bothered lurking that much because the thread moves so fast.

I just wanted to pop in to tell you guys I'm watching that 10 year old succubus who eats semen show.

Lain

Second episode of Battle Girls was just as entertaining as the first one for me. Hideyoshi is stupid but in a funny way. Shiro rocks. And Date made an appearance. Need more Date.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
zeroshiki said:
I am seriously considering buying this Bakemono figure. Someone convince me otherwise.
You should buy it.

(I'm not a fan of clear plastic supports so I wouldn't buy it just based on that)

zeroshiki

Halycon said:
You should buy it.

(I'm not a fan of clear plastic supports so I wouldn't buy it just based on that)

So that's what's keeping those office supplies up. I was trying to figure that out.

I don't really mind them but I'm not a big figure guy anyways. Is that the best Senjougahara figure? I figure if I'm gonna buy one I'd buy the nicest one I can get my hands on.

Risette

A Good Citizen
zeroshiki said:
So that's what's keeping those office supplies up. I was trying to figure that out.

I don't really mind them but I'm not a big figure guy anyways. Is that the best Senjougahara figure? I figure if I'm gonna buy one I'd buy the nicest one I can get my hands on.
What about the Alter one?

Lain

zeroshiki said:
I am seriously considering buying this Bakemono figure. Someone convince me otherwise.
If I had the money, I'd buy it.

Watched that Kampfer OVA. Uhhhh. At least the fanservice was good, complete with orgasms and curry that looks like cum.

I think I should get back to watch Spice and Wolf.

tiff

Banned
hamchan said:
Hey guys I watch a lot of anime but don't really post in here and I can't be bothered lurking that much because the thread moves so fast.

I just wanted to pop in to tell you guys I'm watching that 10 year old succubus who eats semen show.
You're a good man.

zeroshiki

Geneijin said:
What do you think of this one? I don't know about it being the best though. The Alter one Aigis mentioned looks pretty good.

I actually did look at that. I thought the Good Smile one looked better but admittedly that's from promo shots on Amazon only. I'm not really a good judge of build quality and stuff like that but I'm kinda wary about the office supplies in the Good Smile one though.

Wow Seikon II episode 1 was epic!!!! My Teresa was even in the opening! (and was that a Sasha x Mafuyu moment at the end, and Katja and Hana?! nice!)

Sasha made for a great female!!
tumblr_ljmdaq3OSw1qbxqfpo1_500.png

With that to die for line at the end of that awesome battle sequence (with even remnants of music from the first season, it was a phenomenal battle).
tumblr_ljmdjqALCN1qbxqfpo1_500.png

I know one thing, episode 2 needs to come fast (and Hana needs to laugh more, love her laugh, makes me giggle so much).

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
zeroshiki said:

My Kino figurine uses plastic supports to keep up the gun smoke. It looks so tacky sometimes I want to just take the smoke off, or superglue it to the gun.

I don't think any of the current Bakemono figurines are really worth it. I'd like a nice detailed non-posable (hate joints) one from Max Factory if they ever release one.

Geneijin

zeroshiki said:
I actually did look at that. I thought the Good Smile one looked better but admittedly that's from promo shots on Amazon only. I'm not really a good judge of build quality and stuff like that but I'm kinda wary about the office supplies in the Good Smile one though.
Nah, it is better. You're right. Looking at the two more closely made me delete my post. :lol

Edit: Oh right, here's the other one for comparison.

Halycon said:
I don't think any of the current Bakemono figurines are really worth it. I'd like a nice detailed non-posable (hate joints) one from Max Factory if they ever release one.
I think the Alter one talked about earlier is probably the best if I had to pick one.

Geneijin

zeroshiki said:
Looking at the closeups in those reviews, I kinda don't like the detail in the face of the Good Smile figure. Crap, maybe I'll just go look for a Senjougahara nendoroid.
You can't go wrong with a Nendoroid.

9gHuS.jpg

FV7Kf.jpg

Bc52q.jpg

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Wow Seikon II episode 1 was epic!!!! My Teresa was even in the opening! (and was that a Sasha x Mafuyu moment at the end, and Katja and Hana?! nice!)

I know one thing, episode 2 needs to come fast (and Hana needs to laugh more, love her laugh, makes me giggle so much).
I can't tell if you're being serious or not. I never know with this thread anymore!

Geneijin said:
According to ANN, ko-ko-ya (Ristorante Paradiso) will help compose the music. I still need to finish Aria (and start Ristorante Paradiso), but my impressions from the first PV then was that the musical direction is very similar to Aria. There's a distinctive style and vibe Sato loves to employ to create a sort of calm, meandering atmosphere (?) with the use of guitar strings or maybe it's just me. I won't miss Choro Club personally because I feel ko-ko-ya and Choro Club are similar yet still distinctive in their own ways if you know what I mean.

Summer is looking great, but I hope I didn't just jinx it.
I don't really remember the Ristorante Paradiso soundtrack. Listening to a couple of tracks on youtube, it sounds like it's very piano and violin focused. Choro Club's guitar/synth/whatever sounded very unique, but it probably only fits with science fiction since it sounds so otherworldly. Well, I'm sure it'll work out anyway.

icarus-daedelus said:
I'm not sure whether to be flattered, disgusted, or secretly pleased that I provided you the inspiration to watch Seikon no Qwaser II. Probably all three, all at once.

As penance for this horrible crime I've inflicted on you, I decided to actually watch Seikon no Breast Milk II, which I was not, in fact, actually planning on doing. Impressions so far:

-Dear god why am I watching this in a house when someone else is present oh please god DON'T OPEN THE DOOR
-The girl's orgasmic reaction to having her breast milk drunk is priceless as are the large black censor circles
-The Maria Holic/Strawberry Panic comparison struck me too...
-It's not funny except unintentionally, of course, but the "comedy" here is clearly an excuse to take some of the focus off of the fact that:
-They're taking this guy's quest for the MAGDALENA OF THUNDER, whomever that is, totally seriously. In order to, uh, drink her milk and gain mutant superpowers?! (I'm guessing in the dark here)
It was there and I decided to join you on your quest. :lol
You sort of summed up my reactions to the show as well though. It's weird because I remember them doing the "new boy at school" thing in the first season, so it's like they just recycled the show but made him cross dress... to build on that Kuragehime hype, surely.

hamchan said:

Watch on, brave soldier!

Aigis said:
For anyone buying/considering the US K-ON BDs:
http://twitter.com/#!/ChrisBeveridge/status/58320420893507584
http://twitter.com/#!/ChrisBeveridge/status/58321086781206528
Garbage. Even the R2J DVDs had ~1536kbps LPCM audio. Definitely not buying these at the price they're asking for them. Hope Bandai doesn't screw the TokiKake BD either..
Guh. Any word on how the Girl Who Leapt Through Time BDs are turning out?

Bandai keeps doing this to their releases...

Risette

A Good Citizen
firehawk12 said:
Guh. Any word on how the Girl Who Leapt Through Time BDs are turning out?

Bandai keeps doing this to their releases...
The specs seem to be labelled TrueHD and it's a movie so it should be okay, but I wouldn't put it past Bandai to screw something up at the last minute. I'm keeping my eye open on it.

Bandai sucks.

Instro

Aigis said:
The specs seem to be labelled TrueHD and it's a movie so it should be okay, but I wouldn't put it past Bandai to screw something up at the last minute. I'm keeping my eye open on it.

Bandai sucks.

Dont jinx it man, I got that shit preordered on Amazon.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
flawfuls said:
He isn't, but he will never break character. You should see him go in the manga thread.
Ah, we need one of those characters here!

EmmanuelMunoz said:
Same here, I have been checking blu-ray.com from time to time
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Gi...Blu-ray/20347/
Bloop, I guess it's best to wait for reviews then. Is Bandai keeping quiet on the issue? Did anyone try to ask about the K-ON BDs?

firehawk12 said:
You sort of summed up my reactions to the show as well though. It's weird because I remember them doing the "new boy at school" thing in the first season, so it's like they just recycled the show but made him cross dress... to build on that Kuragehime hype, surely.

Well the reusing that plot ploy worked at least, since it was integrated into that awesome virtual fighting world while still carrying some of the same character personalities in it.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Instro said:
Dont jinx it man, I got that shit preordered on Amazon.
Deepdiscount has it for cheaper! I have it preordered too.

zeroshiki said:
I presume there's like a monetary reason for doing this, right? Rather than just outright trolling their fans?
Just incompetence, probably.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Well the reusing that plot ploy worked at least, since it was integrated into that awesome virtual fighting world while still carrying some of the same character personalities in it.
Given the posts above, I'm not sure how to respond!
So, I will just say, yes, it was awesome when they went into a virtual world and then stripped each other naked, Parasite Eve style. Perhaps it's calling out to duckroll?
And in virtual space, the guy can be a real girl!

Aigis said:
Just incompetence, probably.
Like the mono track on Haruhi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom