• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Lafiel said:
But her antics are so damn entertaining, and it lead to one of the greatest scenes in the series.
I WANT GODAI AND KYOKO TO SMANG.

EVERY EPISODE WITH YAGAMI IS ONE MORE EPISODE WHERE THE AFOREMENTIONED PAIR IS NOT SMANGING, NOR BANGING, NOR EVEN SMASHING.

Risette

A Good Citizen
cosmicblizzard said:
The friggin Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko OP hurts my ears, but I can't stop listening to it. Someone help me!
The (horrible) song would've been redeemed if the OP animation was cool, but it's pretty boring. :(

Tiger & Bunny 3
I'm really enjoying this show. It has plenty of cliches but they use them so well I don't care. This was a great episode despite not having much action in it. Tiger and Barnaby start actually working together as a team and handle the situation in a kick ass way. Unless Sunrise pulls a...well Sunrise(which there is a high possiblity they will) this could be my favorite show this season.

Jerk

Banned
cosmicblizzard said:
The friggin Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko OP hurts my ears, but I can't stop listening to it. Someone help me!

Sure:

1. ????
2. Stop watching Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko
3. Profit

JKTrix

So Deadman Wonderland and AnoHana both have retarded 'magical' girlfriends. Wonderful.

At least AnoHana actually seems somewhat interesting, even if I'm having a negative reaction to how I feel it's going to try and be emotionally manipulative.

Haly

You have merely scratched the surface of the fuckery that is Deadman Wonderland.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
icarus-daedelus said:
So far AnoHana hasn't been too bad about it, but I'm really hoping they don't get too supernatural with it, which is typically the downfall with Key crap, and that they keep it on the "MC is schizo/depressed" track for as long as possible. That may just be me, tho.
They wouldn't have had that scene with Menma at her home though.

Haly

Either she's going to be revived with the power of love (very unlikely) or she's going to disappear when he gets over his disorder in what will be this seasons most tear wrenching episode (very likely).

Not hard. Just don't raise your hopes up too much and enjoy it for what it is.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Halycon said:
Either she's going to be revived with the power of love (very unlikely) or she's going to disappear when he gets over his disorder in what will be this seasons most tear wrenching episode (very likely).

Ideally, she disappears mid-season, whether as spiritual apparition or psychotic affectation and the show enters mono no aware mode with the group of five moving on with their lives.

Or they compromise and it turns into Desperate Housewives, where she observes and narrates what goes on around her. :lol

trejo

Halycon said:

She is not getting revived. No way no how. I will write A-1 and whoever wrote it off forever if that happens.

Haly

What, no, she disappears during the finale. Are you crazy? Disappearing mid season would be like having the kissing scene in ToraDora by episode 12. And episode 13 onwards would be about them standing around going "uh derp derp what are we going to do now?" while Ryuuji and Taiga make out every chance they get.

Actually that doesn't sound so bad. Maybe they can bonk by episode 25, or even get Taiga teen pregnant.

If AnoHana turns into a series about a necrophilic schizo, victory against Team Hanairo would be assured. The only way they can compete is if Pohana rapes Tsundere and Shy girl simultaneously.

JKTrix

Whenever stories involve death for dramatic effect, I'm like instantly resistant to it. Almost like it's cheap. Sometimes it's used effectively and I can appreciate it, but other times I just get signals that this is trying to be sad and it just turns me off.

What does get me though is the old shounen 'power of friends' trope. Things like a big crowd of people cheering one guy on after some rough times. I still get choked up when I play the last stages of any one of the Ouendan games.

Haly

Agreed there. Power of Everyone is always awesome. Ouendan, Summer Wars, Digimon annnnd that's the only two I can think of off the top of my head. STILL AWESOME.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
M_Night said:
I swear this happens in that Toradora PSP game. :lol
drGSJ.jpg

Haly

How would Taiga maintain her balance if she was pregnant.

Like, would she have to carry a backpack full of rocks?

(I sincerely apologize for bringing up ToraDora)

mAcOdIn

Halycon said:
How would Taiga maintain her balance if she was pregnant.

Like, would she have to carry a backpack full of rocks?

(I sincerely apologize for bringing up ToraDora)
What? She's short not missing a tail or some shit!

She'd be hotter with a tail.

Haly

mAcOdIn said:
What? She's short not missing a tail or some shit!

She'd be hotter with a tail.
She'd be hotter with a woman's body.

Deadman Wonderland 1

Good first episode. Looks like they may have slightly censored the massacre, but it still got the point across. Still disappointed this is only 12 episodes, but we should at least get through some cool stuff. Can't wait until next week.

Haly

mAcOdIn said:
Ok, compromise.
Ryuji's mom with a tail.
I'd hit it, tail or no

HI RYUUJI, I'M GOING TO BE UR DAD.

Haly

Less rivals for Taiga's love, I9 :)

Always look on the bright side!

Haly

mAcOdIn said:
I know right? Like how does Ryuji control himself when she's always coming home drunk and passing out?
If Ryuuji was a shota this would be a Juan Gotoh doujin.

DANGEROUS TERRITORY ABORT ABORT ABORT (not Taiga, because that would be cruel)

flawfuls

Yozakura Quartet: Hoshi no Umi

I don't really understand exactly what is going on, but fuck is this awesome and gorgeous. I should really get around to reading the manga someday.

mAcOdIn

Halycon said:
If Ryuuji was a shota this would be a Juan Gotoh doujin.

DANGEROUS TERRITORY ABORT ABORT ABORT (not Taiga, because that would be cruel)
I don't know what any of that means but I bet it'd be good.
But where does the bird fit in to all this?
icarus-daedelus said:
Somehow I feel this is worse than outing yourself as a furry, mac. :p
Bah, Ryuji's the audience insert character so it's all good.

Haly

mAcOdIn said:
I don't know what any of that means but I bet it'd be good.
But where does the bird fit in to all this?
Oh it's good all right. Reeeeeeeeeeeeal good. Someone back me up here.

Bird route is true route, she has nothing to do with crack route.

Ever notice how many guys are kind of bland except they're great at cooking for some reason?

Instro

Halycon said:
Your tits are huge!

EDIT: Damn how do I avatar quote with this new system.

You dont.

Or you could reup the avatar to an external image host and then use it, but that takes time

mAcOdIn

Halycon said:
Bird route is true route, it has nothing to do with crack route.
No, I can see it! The bird will slip up and blurt out some of the things Ryuji says to him as cage-talk and Ryuji's mom will confront Ryuji on it and things will go from there, it'll be a glorious threesome of tits, ass and feathers. Later the bird will slip up again and clue Taiga in on what's going on and she'll bolt but no-one will care.
Halycon said:
Ever notice how many guys are kind of bland except they're great at cooking for some reason?
How do you like your eggs, fried or fertilized? It's like actually deep, yo.

Haly

Ah I see, another one of the distractions done away with in the revolution.

I can live with that, I still have:
im6A3W.png

Mmm, mono no aware nostalgia rush.

Haly

I wonder what would Freud say if you told him: "I have erotic desires about my mother I'm trying to repress."

Haly

Springtime of youth is a mental state. Physical age has nothing to do with a young man's heart, which is filled with burning passion.

mAcOdIn

icarus-daedelus said:
So, what's the bird equivalent of a furry? Feathery?

Actually, wait, do I really want to know the answer to that?
Sure, so long as it's not scaley or exoskeletaly because those two are gross.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom