• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Molotov

icarus-daedelus said:
To put it simply, you just have to suck it out!

*screen full of bananas*

Astarotte's Toy is so classy. And jeebus you guys weren't kidding about the loli buttz. So many nearly naked children. Blarg I have to watch something that doesn't make me want to jump in a river and drown sometime today.

At least they weren't gel-banas.

icarus-daedelus said:

*screen full of bananas*

Astarotte's Toy is so classy. And jeebus you guys weren't kidding about the loli buttz. So many nearly naked children. Blarg I have to watch something that doesn't make me want to jump in a river and drown sometime today.

and its gonna get worse lol

Dresden

icarus-daedelus said:

*screen full of bananas*

You should join the classy tea-time society and wade through the Bee Train anime, Hyouge Mono.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Hanasaku Iroha 02: I bet someone already drew that fanfic.

Ohana's positive attitude is very reminiscent of Noa Teppelon sans the godly girlishness. She just moé enough to be adorable, but not saccharine.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Regulus Tera said:
Ohana's positive attitude is very reminiscent of Noa Teppelon sans the godly girlishness. She just moé enough to be adorable, but not saccharine.

They have successfully managed to not make her seem to 1-dimensional like other characters of her type would be in any other show, as they are certain scenes that show a "different" side of her, like the scene where she
tells the guy to die in the car,
kinda interested in how they'll play up that aspect of her character as the series progresses.:eek:

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Lafiel said:
They have successfully managed to not make her seem to 1-dimensional like other characters of her type would be in any other show, as they are certain scenes that show a "different" side of her, like the scene where she
tells the guy to die in the car,
kinda interested in how they'll play up that aspect of her character as the series progresses.:eek:
But she takes that back immediately!

Hanasaku Iroha 1

Yeah, not for me. No matter how hard I try, I just can't get into this genre. Glad everyone else is enjoying it though and hope it doesn't go totally ignored.

jman2050

cosmicblizzard said:
Hanasaku Iroha 1

Yeah, not for me. No matter how hard I try, I just can't get into this genre. Glad everyone else is enjoying it though and hope it doesn't go totally ignored.

brofist.jpg

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
EmmanuelMunoz said:
I don't know. I thought the first episode was pretty terrible, what changed?
Yeah, the first episode didn't do much for me, but it was more because the topics and humor fell flat on their face. It also lacked the necessary confidence in what it was saying to get away with what it was trying to do.

Episode 2 is a bit more like the OVA in being lighthearted about how absurd and perverted it can be, although still considerably less lewd. If you haven't watched the OVA, go watch that first instead though.

yencid

interesting to see all of the hate for deadman wonderland in here... seeing as it is the only anime this season i was actually looking forward to before this season started.

Im currently watching deadman and Tiger & bunny.

Cwarrior

Hanasaku Iroha ep3

"I want to sparkle" lol after this episode I know now to expect fanservice shots,lesbian undertones and over the top drama. ohana doesn't seem so innocent after this episode with helping the guy bondage her it remind me a bit of nana to karou.

Aigis said:
AnoHana related: Am I the only one bothered by the fact that Menma
can apparently touch real things, as that girl who gives the main guy papers said she felt her neck being weighed down when Menma was hugging her? Plus she picked those flowers that landed on the main guy when she fell.

Couldn't the main guy just lead all the friends and her parents to a sandbox and let her draw messages or something.

Two good reason as to why he hasn't done that

1. He thinks she's just his imagination cause by stress

2. His not friends with them anymore and he hates them

Dresden

firehawk12 said:
But isn't that going to be a billion episodes? I suppose One Piece and Bleach and all those shows are still on too. :lol
The broest shows last broever.

Anyways, it's probably Tiger & Bunny. It's about two bros broing up against an anti-bro brold. Runner-up would be Enma-kun, I suppose, although I'm not sure if it's really a dudebro kind of a show--it's perverted, and it has action, but the pervertedness lacks that creepy voyeuristic edge that bro-shows are usually filled with, and the action is too old school--it's not bro-ish, more like grampsonian.

Geneijin

Well, it is obvious Ohana > Menma. I'm just not annoyed with Menma as much as everyone else is!

Besides, whenever those seiyuu awards happen again (no, not Saimoe), Kanae Itou needs to wins it as Ohana. It's irrefutable. Very impressed how she's able to communicate Ohana's character (haven't seen Episode 3 yet). I didn't think she be doing as well as she has been since I didn't like her as Elsee (TWGOK) although I'm in the minority there, but she's found a balance between her and Amu (Shugo Chara) so it's been pretty swell. End of my VA-related interest nonsense.

On a somewhat related note, AnoHana Vol.1 dropped from #2 while Hanasaku Iroha Ohana slowly dominates the amazon.jp bestsellers list with Vol.1 at #21.

tiff

Banned
icarus-daedelus said:
I don't want to make anyone feel bad, so - I watched it and you didn't, so technically you're still ahead of me in the dignity stakes!
Oh, don't worry about it. I think the fact that you don't enjoy it swings things the other way anyway.

And on that note:

Astarotte no Omocha! 2 - No bath scenes this time.
Lotte finally allows Naoya to spend the night with her after he foils her milk 'fetch quest' plan with the help of Effie, but, learning the truth behind Lotte's hatred of men from the butler, he instead makes a toy like the one she had as a child and gives it to her.

I have no idea if it's like the manga since I've never read it, but it's about the direction I figured it'd go in after I learned what the series is actually about.

Renmei

Banned
Man, trying to follow this thread is damn near impossible. Count me in the AnoHana crowd; coming of age stories are nice and all but at my age I have many regrets and I want to see how this guy handles it. Plus AnoHana's side characters seem vastly more interesting and complex. There is no doubt that Ohana > Menma~

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Dresden said:
The broest shows last broever.

Anyways, it's probably Tiger & Bunny. It's about two bros broing up against an anti-bro brold. Runner-up would be Enma-kun, I suppose, although I'm not sure if it's really a dudebro kind of a show--it's perverted, and it has action, but the pervertedness lacks that creepy voyeuristic edge that bro-shows are usually filled with, and the action is too old school--it's not bro-ish, more like grampsonian.
I need to get my together with my inner bro and watch these shows, even though I find them rather unappealing for whatever reason.

Ezalc

I don't understand the hate behind this episode, I thought it was kind of interesting. The father was fucking awesome though. Anybody who reads the manga here tell me if he continues to be awesome or is for some reason reduced to being some shitty forgotten side character?

firehawk12 said:
Ah, speaking of which, the Seitokai Yakuindomo OVA was mostly more of the same. I forgot that the show was mostly girls making sense jokes. I guess that dissonance is still mildly funny, but after Hen Zemi, I'm totally immune to PG-rated sex jokes.

hmm... hen zemi, haven;t heard of that. surely can't be as bad as ping pong club?

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Dresden said:
Because Ohana is awesome.

ikuKoA.gif

Hanasaku Iroha: that kind of anime.
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Okay, you sold me on watching it, DLing now... Bastards...

Jerk

Banned
Ao no Exorcist 1

Well that sure sucked.

doomed1 said:
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Okay, you sold me on watching it, DLing now... Bastards...

Just in case you were wondering, it is not that kind of anime at all. For the most part.

tiff said:
Oh, don't worry about it. I think the fact that you don't enjoy it swings things the other way anyway.

And on that note:

Astarotte no Omocha! 2 - No bath scenes this time.
Lotte finally allows Naoya to spend the night with her after he foils her milk 'fetch quest' plan with the help of Effie, but, learning the truth behind Lotte's hatred of men from the butler, he instead makes a toy like the one she had as a child and gives it to her.

I have no idea if it's like the manga since I've never read it, but it's about the direction I figured it'd go in after I learned what the series is actually about.

The manga version is mostly the same, only it wasn't a toy he made but created a storybook.

The direction makes sense since the MC is not some mindless idiot but can think on his feet, plus he got alot of experience parenting Azuha.

and the innuendo has started LOL plus they are already chapter skipping with the next ep

firehawk12

Subete no aware
FlyingTeacup said:
hmm... hen zemi, haven;t heard of that. surely can't be as bad as ping pong club?
The sex comedy is on the "fucked up" side of sexual perversion more than the raunchy "eww, he's fucking a pie" side of sexual perversion.

Most of the comedy depends on how open you are to being effected by that dissonance.

Although, since this becomes the hentai thread every so often, maybe nothing will disturb people here. :lol

hellclerk

Jerk said:
Just in case you were wondering, it is not that kind of anime at all. For the most part.
Oh no, I figured. It's mostly just I find the situations where someone is tied up in bondage for completely innocent reasons hilarious. Now I'm just mostly curious how the hell did she end up in that situation?

Cwarrior

xmen episode 3

They keep finding new ways to nerf storm, whats next its that time of the month so she can't use her powers(or maybe they already done that in ep2).

Episode was ok but the later half was your typical generic shounen plot which I felt I’ve seen this done millions of times before.

7Th

BluWacky said:
Did you really not like C, 7th? I thought Nakamura's direction elevated it above the poor art (clearly Toei have been working on One Piece for too long) and the writing was half decent at least. It's hardly what I'd think of as a Noitamina show, though, and I guess it has none of the things that made Bakemono/Mononoke interesting in it at all.

I actually just forgot about it; still, C isn't by Toei, it is by TatsuPro.

BluWacky

7Th said:
I actually just forgot about it; still, C isn't by Toei, it is by TatsuPro.

Doh. I even read that in the credits and went "oh, I thought this was by Toei". Still looks like Konjiki no Gash Bell, though.

Xmen 3

It was ok.

As expected Cyclops is suspicious and Armor finally getting her powers (though in a shounen manner).

Funny they are going with Emma's secondary mutation already.

Rektash

Man I hope this Ohana gif is no indicator for the future of the show. I don't need another show of this kind, we already got enough of them. Good thing I put my money on the mono no aware train early.

hellclerk

Hanasaku Iroha 1
As far as high school dramas go, it was pretty solid. Ohana being kind of dumb and wishy-washy in your typical angsty teenager sense, and the "cruelty" the real world that Ohana experiences (outside of the urban city all places) is at least half-born of her own adolescent stupid. Ko was also interesting enough, considering he at least grew the balls to admit how he felt, but him running away was a slight disappointment. Grandma's a bitch, but I figure she'll just get shown for practicing tough love in the end and transform into "cool traditional grandma".

Anyway, there was one unrelated thing that the show did: it sorta drove home on how I'm sort of becoming less and less interested high school genres, even less so in HS dramas. Guess I really just want a good solid college aged one, because it's after people gather their answers in life (right or wrong) and so the dynamic is different. Watching the same old moronic pubescent attitudes and mannerisms is starting to get tiring for me.

flawfuls

Ao no Exorcist 1

That was pretty good. I read a bit of the manga after watching the episode and found out that most of the episode was filler and the only covered half a chapter which is pretty sad, but I actually liked all the added scenes. They were pretty cliche, but they fleshed out the main character's life nicely and felt a little less generic than the manga opening chapter. Because they covered so little of the manga I still don't really know what the show will be like, but I'm definitely interested enough in it to keep watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom