• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geneijin

zeroshiki said:
I haven't been around for a couple of days. Did Geneijin bail on his own OT? I see he has a Moshidora av now.
It's due for an eventual reply by me. I just haven't been in the mindset to write it if I do.

Dresden said:
To be fair, he's been pimping Moshidora for months.
firehawk12 said:
Geneijin has always been on team Moshidora.
Aw, thanks for remembering, nakama.

2 more days until it finally airs. 10 consecutive days of new episodes. Oh yeah. Quickest Spring show to finish before the rest.

Lafiel said:
The funny thing is i was expecting it to be a major part of the episode from the reaction... but it was only a single frame in the entire episode!
Quite frankly, I don't like the kind of direction that type of characterization could lead to and feels indicative of, which is why my disdain for it is as strong as it is. I still like AnoHana more than HanaIro but not as much as before because it failed to meet my expectations set forth by Episode 1. I was that enamoured with it as far as first impressions are concerned from animes this season. As I talked with firehawk about before, it's not a detractor for me in the same sense as HanaIro's 3rd episode.

flawfuls

Geneijin said:

2 more days until it finally airs. 10 consecutive days of new episodes. Oh yeah. Quickest Spring show to finish before the rest.

Hot damn that is awesome.

trejo

So what is this Pop Chaser anyways and why does it get sections in panels dedicated to it? Any good?

Dresden said:
All those physically attractive anime nerds undressing and climaxing... ugh.
Someone must've broken out the boombox.

Steroyd

mAcOdIn said:
I really don't think it's creepy though.

First off, I don't believe a person does actually ever need to "move on."

His choice of how he's not moving on is wierd.

Second, I still think it's unfair to float the possibility of him being creepy lolicon raper dude when we're seemingly both in agreement that her being a loli is just happenstance, had she died at 18 he'd be sniffing an 18 year old girl's clothes, presumably he liked the actual person not her size or age.

That's besides the point, surely there's got to be a point in your life where you realise you're 15 and you're sniffing a 10 year olds dress, switch up and make a bloated Menma picture and put it on the cieling lol, it may still be creepy but at least it's visual and not trying to maintain a physical connection to a goddamn 10 year old in your mind.

Although I have to admit I do wonder if after 5 years the clothes even still smell like her.
Reminds me of a Bear rug.

And then there's does it even smell like Menma even more lmao.

trejo

Hellsing321 said:
There has barely been any action unless you consider Oga steamrollin' people off screen action.
That was my biggest problem with the show, not counting annoying baby shrieks. It's like, what's the point if he's just gonna take everyone and everything out in one hit?

Hellsing321 said:
Yeah when they feel like getting to it.

They still aren't there yet? Damn, they in filler? I knew they should've waited to start the anime.

trejo said:
That was my biggest problem with the show, not counting annoying baby shrieks. It's like, what's the point if he's just gonna take everyone and everything out in one hit?

He'll get his ass handed to him quite a bit pretty soon.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Well pending some things I think my next Japanese BD purchases are going to be the Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex BDs if they don't look too bad. Going to have to look into it.

zeroshiki

Geneijin said:
It's due for an eventual reply by me. I just haven't been in the mindset to write it if I do.

I'll be waiting!

What the hell? Seriously? This will either be awesome or a complete and massive train wreck.

Nonoriri

If your name is Nonoriri you have to go buy Nanami's tampons.
InfiniteNine said:
Well pending some things I think my next Japanese BD purchases are going to be the Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex BDs if they don't look too bad. Going to have to look into it.

They're ok looking.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
hosannainexcelsis said:
Nichijou 4

Even though there's still not one stand-out gag like the first two episodes, I find myself laughing out loud more than ever. I suppose this style of humor must be growing on me. Sasahara's out-of-touch dignity, Mai's straight-faced clowning, hot in demand snowmen at the grocery store - it's all hilarious.

God, that boke act at the end of the episode was hilarious. :lol

Risette

A Good Citizen
InfiniteNine said:
Passable? I don't mind if they aren't perfect but some glaring visual deficiencies would put me off.
Well I think SAC was one of the first digitally produced TV animes to be animated in HD so you should be okay.

I'm possibly wrong though.

Geneijin

Lafiel said:
I still wonder what it's going be like, according to wikipedia it's considered a business novel.:lol
Drama, comedy, a little romance.

zeroshiki said:
What the hell? Seriously? This will either be awesome or a complete and massive train wreck.
How does Moshidora even have train wreck potential :lol

It's either going to be good or bad.

zeroshiki

Geneijin said:
Drama, comedy, a little romance.

How does Moshidora have train wreck potential :lol

It's either going to be good or bad.

Baseball using a business book. I can see ridiculous stuff happening.

But I concede your point. It'll be good or bad. Gonna make an OT for it? :p

zeroshiki said:

Does it really need an OT? The only people who give two shits about it post in this thread and it'll be over in two weeks. I, for one, am excited for it but baseball animu isn't exactly a crowd pleaser.

Nonoriri

If your name is Nonoriri you have to go buy Nanami's tampons.
InfiniteNine said:
Passable? I don't mind if they aren't perfect but some glaring visual deficiencies would put me off.

I re-watched it on BD and there wasn't anything that made me regret it.

zeroshiki

Hellsing321 said:
Does it really need an OT? The only people who give two shits about it post in this thread and it'll be over in two weeks. I, for one, am excited for it but baseball animu isn't exactly a crowd pleaser.

There's an OT for a crappy series like Deadman. If a quality series (here's hoping) comes out, it might deserve an OT (that no one will post in).

duckroll

zeroshiki said:
There's an OT for a crappy series like Deadman. If a quality series (here's hoping) comes out, it might deserve an OT (that no one will post in).

Don't make OTs just for the sake of it. If you are not expecting anyone to post in it, don't bother with one. It's a waste of time. The purpose of making another thread is to make it easier for people who are specifically following that show to have on-going discussion. If there is not going to be any discussion, why bother?

MCD

I dropped Beelzebub right after Aoi's arc because after that it's all fillers, fillers and dumbass baby crying every second.

Fuck that, read the manga instead and let Oga take you in for a badass delinquent ride.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
duckroll said:
Don't make OTs just for the sake of it. If you are not expecting anyone to post in it, don't bother with one. It's a waste of time. The purpose of making another thread is to make it easier for people who are specifically following that show to have on-going discussion. If there is not going to be any discussion, why bother?
Yeah i think for a series to need a OT it needs to fit the following criteria

- Has a popular following
- Leads itself to week-by-week discussion or is regularly discussed week-by-week
- Is also quality!

I'm not so sure if that baseball anime fits any of those things apart from the third point. (which remains to be seen).

Geneijin

zeroshiki said:

I doubt I will. I don't think it has much of an interest on here. Besides,

6cOOt.jpg
Minami voiced by Yoko Hikasa (K-On - Mio)

c7c4P.jpg
Yuki voiced by Kana Hanazawa (Bakemonogatari - Nadeko)

...will ensure some funny moments based on the idea alone. The preview special feels like it's aiming for a mixture of drama and comedy although I'm expecting more drama than comedy because some of the interviews have several people talking about how Drucker was an inspiration in some way for them I think?

SciencePilot said:
Oh, thanks for this too. I was wondering about this earlier in the thread. I have to say I'm curious as to how this can go on for 26 episodes. I've enjoyed the three so far, but I can't see how much more there can be...

Lucky Star was 24-26 episodes plus an OVA, Azumanga Daioh was that same length, and Excel Saga, and PaniPoni Dash, etc... there's plenty of precedent in the genre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom