• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Risette

A Good Citizen
People who use Rightstuf: They don't charge until they ship right? I'm (probably) preordering the Baccano BD set to give it another chance with a rewatch on something that has better quality than the asstastic Funimation DVDs.

Erigu

Steroyd said:
Wandering Son - 11
Still couldn't read Doi, tells Anna how it is, and acceptance, what the... a satisfying conclusion to a series that doesn't troll me with READ THE MANGA syndrome. O_O
Still. Read the manga.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Branduil said:
I'm going to be really sad if more of Time of Eve is never made.
I'm hoping that the director gets to make a TV series out of it, or just a science-fiction anime series in general, there's not enough science-fiction being made in anime today.

El Sloth

Banned
HisshouBuraiKen said:
Yes sir I am, and thank you :) Used to be in Dattebayo too (we weren't actually seized by ICE but it is pretty much dead, as is fansubbing in general nowadays). Contrary to popular belief, IRL everyone in DB is really cool and not at all a bunch of assholes who would troll the shit out of you at a moment's notice.
This is really disappointing for some reason.

DB is(was) awesome and so is MX. Keep up the good work, dude!

Dresden

firehawk12 said:
Oh wow, having watched it, it's really stupid. Fucking harems!
I haven't seen it yet, but I'll take your word for it!

Just gotta get through this and the last episode of Index II, and I'll be FREE, FREE, FREEEEEE

Dresden

Hellsing321 said:
Until Seasons 2 and 3...and 4,5,6,ect.
No no, I'll have enough self control to not watch them.

ki3wf.jpg

7Th

Dresden said:
No no, I'll have enough self control to not watch them.

ki3wf.jpg

The best part of Infinite Stratos isn't not watching Infinite Stratos, it's telling everyone online that I didn't.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
There is a joke episode 11 of Madoka out guys so beware! On the good news side of thing the Muv-Luv Alternative full patch leaked so I'll be playing that in a minute~!

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
InfiniteNine said:
There is a joke episode 11 of Madoka out guys so beware! On the good news side of thing the Muv-Luv Alternative full patch leaked so I'll be playing that in a minute~!

I'm shocked it didn't happen 2 weeks ago.

Aigis said:
People who use Rightstuf: They don't charge until they ship right? I'm (probably) preordering the Baccano BD set to give it another chance with a rewatch on something that has better quality than the asstastic Funimation DVDs.

I was going to get that too, but with them doing Durarara on PSN, I was like, might as well just hope it shows up on there eventually too for just 1.99 an episode...I hate how they dont sell it on Amazon, rightstuff seems higher cost.

/XX/

Thanks for your kind words guys, much appreciated!

Jexhius said:
Unless all your posts take one hour to write!
Well, I waste a few minutes at least (not THAT much), mainly because I keep rewriting the damn post until I think it "sounds" good. I am little insecure in that aspect!

For those interested and can purchase it, check out this new initiative by KADOKAWA Shoten; the illustration book Pray for JAPAN from JAPANESE CREATOR vol.01 (http://anime.webnt.jp/sps/pic_pfj), accessible through KADOKAWA's own digital platform BOOK☆WALKER, and only for iPhone/iPad. It costs ¥450 and you can see more information in the following links:

電子書籍-BOOK☆WALKER-
http://blog.bookwalker.jp/?p=2345

iTunes App Store で見つかる iPhone、iPod touch、iPad 対応 BOOK☆WALKER
http://itunes.apple.com/jp/app/id404123731?mt=8

Risette

A Good Citizen
Dedication Through Light said:
I was going to get that too, but with them doing Durarara on PSN, I was like, might as well just hope it shows up on there eventually too for just 1.99 an episode...I hate how they dont sell it on Amazon, rightstuff seems higher cost.
Well, it's a limited release and Aniplex stuff is usually really expensive. This seems to be their cheapest release yet. Amazon probably wouldn't be any cheaper.

Also, 1.99 * 16 = ~$32. Might as well get the BD set for $23-ish more and have a physical copy with better quality and a nice box!

flawfuls

icarus-daedelus said:
A little glare, anyone?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12085667/odin.jpg[IMG]

I think this is a brofist?

[IMG]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12085667/odin_02.jpg[IMG]

Are you blind yet?

[IMG]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12085667/odin_04.jpg[IMG]

[B]Odin Photon Sailer Starlight[/B][/QUOTE]

So basically this is the Wandering Son of Sci-fi anime.

tiff

Banned
Geneijin said:
Edit: Infinite Stratos - 12
Holy hell. Where was this 11 episodes ago?

Should have been like this since the beginning, terrible story notwithstanding.
It was about as good of an ending as I ever could have hoped for.

Joule

Just caught Oji-san no Lamp. That was really good. A solid production. It even had some Hiroshi Kamiya to boot. The end of the lamp seller's career was quite moving. Looking forward to what else these young animators have come up with.

Also finished Infinite Stratos. Yep that's a harem show alright.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
jman2050 said:
I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark and guess that Ichika ends up with nobody and everyone is still after his dick.
Yep. It's like predicting that Madoka will have a bad ending though!

Cwarrior

Kite

ehhh… it was pretty meh ...in the space of 60 minutes there quite a bit of rape/false rape

I don't really have much to say, I didn't really care for movie and am pretty sure it won't be long before,I forget about every watching it. I felt like, haven't I already seen a lot movie's with a similar story line, but with less sex scenes.

So is this meant to be a classic?

oh girl's got weird eyes

iavi

Cwarrior said:
Kite

ehhh… it was pretty meh ...in the space of 60 minutes there quite a bit of rape/false rape

I don't really have much to say, I didn't really care for movie and am pretty sure it won't be long before,I forget about every watching it. I felt like, haven't I already seen a lot movie's with a similar story line, but with less sex scenes.

So is this meant to be a classic?

oh girl's got weird eyes

I don't think that it's known as a classic, as much as it's known for it's controversial showings. At least, that's what I'm getting from reading a little bit about it.

hourou musuko 11 ended at an interesting spot
nothing really felt resolved, but as a manga reader i can't bring myself to care
at least, assuming that really was the last episode
good times, regardless

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Master Milk said:
hourou musuko 11 ended at an interesting spot
nothing really felt resolved, but as a manga reader i can't bring myself to care
at least, assuming that really was the last episode
good times, regardless
To be fair, I think Shimura has no idea where the story is going either. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom