• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

trejo

My hate for TWGOK stems from the slow as molasses pacing, unfunny side episodes between each girl arc and the fact that Keima just comes off as an unlikable shut-in to me.

Elsee is damn cute, but that's just not enough to justify the rest.

And is Midori no Hibi the one with the dude with a girl for a right hand? Show was funny at times albeit quite forgettable.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Jexhius said:
Nuh-uh, everyone knows him for the Soredemo OP.
I think it took me like 10 episodes for me to not completely hate this opening.

MCD

48Sdb.jpg

Why Index season 2 is still difficult to watch.

Fuck you Index.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Jexhius said:
No I don't think it's about an immature fantasy either (although it does explore something which is a fantasy for some). It's basically just a classic tale of forbidden love that happens to revolve around incest.
Well, classical forbidden love tends to be something that gets promoted by the narrative, that the love prevails or their tragic death was unjust. See Romeo and Juliet or Brokeback Mountain. There are some elements of classical love, but the fetishization of a naturally occurring taboo that society neither wants to promote nor be presented in a particularly positive light I feel is ultimately the result of immature fantasy, ala that creepy glasses guy. He's a reflection of where this fantasy springs. It's still a mature, balanced, and realistic look at the issue, and it does have elements of forbidden love narratives, it's just the source material, the fantasy of those who ill understand the concept of sibling relationships, that's immature.

Jex

icarus-daedelus said:
Not me! I don't even know what that is. I'm sure it's perverted, though.
Well, it doesn't feature under-age girls being raped, so it's kind of a step up.
Dance In My Blood said:
I think it took me like 10 episodes for me to not completely hate this opening.
Sire, your taste sucks.

Dresden

trejo said:
I liked the ED more, to be honest. Yes, even with you-know-who's voice and all.
I still prefer the opening, but the ED ain't bad. Even with you-know-who's presence mucking up the composition.

Hellsing321 said:
Made even classier by youtube's april fool's prank.
It's as classy as you can get.

I don't know if I'm doing the right thing--watching Infinite Cockblock in public--people are tossing odd looks at me--but it's my laptop, you curs.

c6shzl.jpg

SO DEEP.

Risette

A Good Citizen
trejo said:
I liked the ED more, to be honest. Yes, even with you-know-who's voice and all.
Her voice is the best :mad:

I think SoreMachi is my favorite SHAFT show next to SZS.
icarus said:
But the presence of maids gives me the gut feeling that it wouldn't be any good at all.
The maid thing is deceiving sorta. It's really not a "maid show" imo. Well it is kinda, but the non-shitty sort.

Dresden

This last episode is really, really bad.

It's just really fucking bad.

e: and I'm done! I'm done!

Just Index II left tonight.

icarus-daedelus said:
But the presence of maids gives me the gut feeling that it wouldn't be any good at all.
They're maids in the sense that they work at a maid cafe but don't really act like maids to their patrons. And its more about what they do outside of the cafe anyway.

Cwarrior

the company that made kite is green bunny (hentai company), now it makes sense why the anime had weird fluid tongue animation compared to the rest of the movie's animation.

They blew the budget on that tongue o_O

Jex

Cwarrior said:
So what’s Yellow star? And why did it get worst response then kite
To quote wikipedia -
Ayana's mother remarries a famous detective, who had been following the distribution of an illegal drug, called "yellow star", which is a mild hallucinogen, paralyzing agent, and aphrodisiac. As the story continues, it becomes apparent that the detective is buying a steady supply of the illegal drug so he can sexually abuse his stepdaughter. The abuse escalates to gang rape involving her, her stepfather, and two of the drug manufacturers. After the incident, Ayana kills her stepfather and returns to a normal life with her boyfriend, Kohei. In the final scene, Ayana waits in a park for her boyfriend but is abducted before they can meet. The two men who kidnapped her are soon revealed to be distributors of "yellow star" and force her into another round with them.
Technically he was only the character designer on that though, so can we really blame him?

Yes.

Cwarrior

7Th said:
Mezzo Forte > Kite

that's not saying much

whats up with this guy and weird eyes(girls look like creepy dolls)

looking on the bright side at least his character don't look like 5 year olds

Steroyd

MCD said:
http://i.imgur.com/48Sdb.jpg[IMG]
Why Index season 2 is still difficult to watch.

Fuck you Index.[/QUOTE]

Let me guess, you came in for more Railgun and Accelerator action? Tough because that only makes up around 30% of S2.

[QUOTE=jman2050]Why the hell did I just read 3+ pages of an actual serious argument regarding TWGOK of all things?[/QUOTE]

Are you [I]really[/I] surprised? At least it was a step up from Infinite Stratos talk.

[QUOTE=Jexhius]To quote wikipedia -

Technically he was only the character designer on that though, so can we really blame him?

Yes.[/QUOTE]

Wow I'll have to own up and say I vaguely recognise the description but totally lost on the title.

7Th said:
Is there any other reason to watch it?
Even the rape is fake, for fucksake.

Thats more in comparision to Kite though.
The sex was passable though as you said they were basically fake

Was interesting how they tried to tied up a part of its story to the series.

Steroyd said:
Let me guess, you came in for more Railgun and Accelerator action? Tough because that only makes up around 30% of S2.

Are you really surprised? At least it was a step up from Infinite Stratos talk.

Wow I'll have to own up and say I vaguely recognise the description but totally lost on the title.

Being fair its actually part of "another" series plus its H-anime so.

KuwabaraTheMan said:
Mostly because TWGOK is a legitimately good series.

Watch out for a flying monocle :p

iavi

icarus-daedelus said:
You guys are confusing! I guess I could try watching it, although I didn't even really like SZS so I have a feeling SHAFTO probably isn't for me. Except PMMM, but I'm saving the rest of that for when it
never
finishes.

Compared to something like Arakawa, Maria Holic, or SZS, it's not all that Shafty of a Shaft show. I can't exactly put a finger on something it's similar too though--almost lucky starish, in ways.

Steroyd

Infinite Justice said:
Being fair its actually part of "another" series plus its H-anime so.

Yeah just found out where it was from.

Watch out for a flying monocle :p

I'M ALWAYS READY!!

To be fair the anime is doing a haphazard job about doing the manga justice. :<

Dresden

Miri said:
Compared to something like Arakawa, Maria Holic, or SZS, it's not all that Shafty of a Shaft show. I can't exactly put a finger on something it's similar too though--almost lucky starish, in ways.
Natsu no Arashi is the similar-est show shafta has done, I think.

hellclerk

7Th said:
Mezzo Forte > Kite
LIES AND SLANDER! Kite was the better noir! Don't get me wrong, Mezzo Forte was fun, but Kite's structure felt alot more complete.

I always skip the sex/rape scenes

iavi

doomed1 said:
I always skip the sex/rape scenes

That's skipping half of the movie!

Dresden said:
Natsu no Arashi is the similar-est show shafta has done, I think.

I've never seen it. Is it any good? I remember reading a few episode summaries, but never took the time to watch an ep.

hellclerk

Miri said:
That's skipping half of the movie!
Yes, yes, they were longer than they had to be. I still liked the action and intrigue despite the fifteen minutes of sex. I would like to see a live action adaptation with the sex cut to PG-13/R style scenes.

Still R Rated blood and guts through. :3

hellclerk

trejo said:
Were there really that many sex/rape scenes? Might be I'm just remembering all the crazy action scenes more.
There were two: The rape of the little girl which (thankfully) only lasted a minute or two (that churned my stomach it did) and then the second one between Detective Creeper and Sawa which lasted longer than I felt like sitting through and thus just skipped it.

iavi

doomed1 said:
Yes, yes, they were longer than they had to be. I still liked the action and intrigue despite the fifteen minutes of sex. I would like to see a live action adaptation with the sex cut to PG-13/R style scenes.

Still R Rated blood and guts through. :3

The action was alright, I'll admit that. The fall from the bathroom was one of the more interesting use of troll physics that I've seen. But the films 'plot' was never built upon, not even once. They presented you all these semi-interesting scenes with no backing more than the hypocrite club telling them to go kill some more pedos. I wouldn't even bootleg that shit were it a feature film.

trejo said:
Were there really that many sex/rape scenes? Might be I'm just remembering all the crazy action scenes more.

There were definitely more than two, usually involving dude with the glasses. Random BJs and rape. etc etc with unnecessarily long amounts of time spent on said scenes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom