• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

Miri said:
I've never seen it. Is it any good? I remember reading a few episode summaries, but never took the time to watch an ep.
Natsu no Arashi is really good, for many reasons. As long as you don't get put off by the first episode's look and can instead appreciate the comedy.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Miri said:
The action was alright, I'll admit that. The fall from the bathroom was one of the more interesting use of troll physics that I've seen. But the films 'plot' was never built upon, not even once. They presented you all these semi-interesting scenes with no backing more than the hypocrite club telling them to go kill some more pedos. I wouldn't even bootleg that shit were it a feature film.
That WAS the plot though, the fall of the hypocrite club. What more do you really need? The lack of various background info is a classic element of film noir, and sudden expositions are rare as well. It was what it was.

There were definitely more than two, usually involving dude with the glasses. Random BJs and rape. etc etc with unnecessarily long amounts of time spent on said scenes.
There was one dedicated scene with fatso. The rest was sort of background stuff.

iavi

Lain said:
Natsu no Arashi is really good, for many reasons. As long as you don't get put off by the first episode's look and can instead appreciate the comedy.

Oh, cool shit, I might actually give that a watch then.

I swear, I went from no backlog to a bit of one within what feels like mere moments.

Cwarrior

Mezzo Forte part 1

Sick fucker who ever made this?

So does it count as incest if a girl has the hots for her dad, has dream about him confessing his love to her then fucking her upside the head(dude huge in her dreams), when he fills her up with his thick love juice till her body is squirting it back out, at this point she loving the dream till it turns into nightmare for her, as her dad tags her male friend who likes her then starts fucking her.

It’s also said that her dream are prediction and that they come true. another hint given when her male friend wants to take her out, her dad comments saying he’s too young for you(they look the same age)

iavi

doomed1 said:
That WAS the plot though, the fall of the hypocrite club. What more do you really need? The lack of various background info is a classic element of film noir, and sudden expositions are rare as well. It was what it was.

Substance, and I've read/watched a ton of film-noir/neo film noir media that's had plenty of it. That generalization definitely isn't working as well as you're thinking. Even if the past isn't portrayed all that deeply, initially, things closer to the moment could have been slowly expanded upon; things such as sawa & oberi's relationship. Left as it was, it seemed like they went from 0-90 within seconds. And that's just one example.

Jexhius said:
Frankly, this whole page is kind of disturbing.

Yeah... I actually lol'd a bit when reading my last post. It's pretty damn explicit. Not the usual anime thread talk, I'm guessing.

Cwarrior said:
Mezzo Forte part 1

Sick fucker who ever made this?

So does it count as incest if a girl has the hots for her dad, has dream about him confessing his love to her then fucking her upside the head(dude huge in her dreams), when he fills her up with his thick love juice till her body is squirting it back out, at this point she loving the dream till it turns into nightmare for her, as her dad tags her male friend who likes her then starts fucking her.

It’s also said that her dream are prediction and that they come true. another hint give when her male friend wants to take her out, her dad comments saying he’s too young for you(they look the same age)

Not her dad though.

hellclerk

Miri said:
Substance, and I've read/watched a ton of film-noir/neo film noir media that's had plenty of it. That generalization definitely isn't working as well as you're thinking. Even if the past isn't portrayed all that deeply, initially, things closer to the moment could have been slowly expanded upon; things such as sawa & oberi's relationship. Left as it was, it seemed like they went from 0-90 within seconds. And that's just one example.
Not really. Within the context of the characters and the greater hell that the two have lived through, sudden attachment would make sense, and the narrative did well to imply "TIME PASSES" and such. It's not that they're going 0-90 in seconds, it's that you're not seeing the interim space. Plus, Oberi kinda told Sawa the truth about Akai.

Cwarrior

duckroll said:

I like how everyone looks apart from beast(reminds of that show with dude with a tiger face)

edit
oh half of kite is just hentai the rest of it is just some half assed story

in space of 55min there's a lot of rape/sex(all of it might well be rape because sawa is that guys sex slave)

1 long sex scene with sawa saying she don't wanna get fuck but still gets fucked
2 little girl get raped by giant lanky pink hair guy
3 sawa raped as little girl
4 long ass rape scene in front of oburi

cosmicblizzard said:
Is that fuckin Emma Frost? They got Emma Frost but not Iceman? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Iceman would have had a better shot if he had boobs. Besides, the lack of Shadowcat is way more egregious.

iavi

doomed1 said:
and the narrative did well to imply "TIME PASSES" and such. It's not that they're going 0-90 in seconds, it's that you're not seeing the interim space. Plus, Oberi kinda told Sawa the truth about Akai.

It really didn't.
and Oberi telling Sawa about Akai wasn't some grand revelation that furthered their dealings, in fact; it didn't mean anything, as she already knew and had been waiting on the opportunity to get them back. They probably wanted you to infer that having a partner made the decision easier for her, with her eying his skill level and all, but that wasn't done well at all.

Dresden

duckroll said:
I'm about to watch the episode. I will return with a report later.
big-boss-salute.jpg

hellclerk

Miri said:
It really didn't.
and Oberi telling Sawa about Akai wasn't some grand revelation that furthered their dealings, in fact; it didn't mean anything, as she already knew and had been waiting on the opportunity to get them back. They probably wanted you to infer that having a partner made the decision easier for her, with her eying his skill level and all, but that wasn't done well at all.
Ugh... it's been a while since I've seen it, so I'm not 100% on the pacing, but I still disagree with you. I just can't cite any specific scenes within that realm, so for now, agree to disagree. I found the pacing really solid and the character development solid within the context of their pasts.

trejo

All in all, if you're watching Kite/Mezzo Forte for anything more than the balls to the wall crazy action sequences you're likely doing it wrong.

hellclerk

trejo said:
All in all, if you're watching Kite/Mezzo Forte for anything more than the balls to the wall crazy action sequences you're likely doing it wrong.
Well, I just think that the Kite action sequences were as awesome as they were because of the tone that set them up >__>

Cwarrior

Miri said:
It really didn't.

Funny thing is oburi completely useless in the end and she ends up doing everything her self.

I agree that sawa and oburi relationship was very half assed, they meet only meet twice for brief moment and they already out no where decided to run away with each other

iavi

doomed1 said:
Ugh... it's been a while since I've seen it, so I'm not 100% on the pacing, but I still disagree with you. I just can't cite any specific scenes within that realm, so for now, agree to disagree. I found the pacing really solid and the character development solid within the context of their pasts.

Cool with me.

trejo said:

Ha, I'm seeing that. I still need to watch Mezzo Forte though. It was that gif of it that got me started on this train to begin with.

trejo

I'm really not feeling Beast's design at all. On the other hand, Storm with short hair looks HAWT, surprising no one.

Still not watching it. Sorry, Duckroll.

Branduil

icarus-daedelus said:
So it isn't a maid show, or it is but it's not shitty, because they don't really act like maids, but wait it has nothing to do with maids?

You guys are confusing! I guess I could try watching it, although I didn't even really like SZS so I have a feeling SHAFTO probably isn't for me. Except PMMM, but I'm saving the rest of that for when it
never
finishes.

It's not about maids, it's about eccentric people who do wacky things, including some of them working at an offbeat maid cafe run by an eccentric old lady. And it's one of the best anime comedies in the last few years.

Steroyd

Miri said:
Ha, I'm seeing that. I still need to watch Mezzo Forte though. It was that gif of it that got me started on this train to begin with.

The gif was Mezzo DSA. To think all this H talk could have been avoided lol.

Kyubey where art thou.

Kimi ni Todoke Speed run 00 - 02

What have I done!? Speeding through this is taking longer than I thought. D:

duckroll

icarus-daedelus said:
So it's not actually good, it's just not awful and maybe worth watching?

Call me intrigued.

No, I think it's actually -good-. It's just that the low ass expectations made it feel like the second coming of Christ.

Branduil

icarus-daedelus said:
That's an...interesting way to parse it. Wacky anime comedy rarely ever works for me, but I suppose it never hurts to try something.

It's not particularly wacky in the sense of really wacky anime humor, it's more just offbeat and character-based humor.

Dresden

Working2? Less Inami, more Yamada, I'm down. And I guess Yamada is actually twenty or something. I was surprised.

Also for news no one cares about--I guess they announced a new season of chainsaw zombie.

duckroll said:
She freezes a Somali pirate ship while on a cruise in the first episode!
My whole life has been leading up to this moment, and I didn't even know it.

Articalys said:
Seems like the Working!! VHS release was just the April Fool's version of the announcement. Thanks, different time zones!
This means that there is indeed going to be a Working!! Season 2.

OqXXg.jpg

http://www.wagnaria.com/index2.html

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-04-01/working/wagnaria-tv-anime-gets-second-season

YESS!!!

trejo said:
I don't know if I should trust those X-men impressions. Could be a trap.

And Working S2, fuck yeah.

Storm looking great with short hair is tempting tbh

Dresden

Master Milk said:
Working sequel news announced on April 1st? Is anyone really putting their hope into this?

I'm gonna be skeptical for a few more days.
It's like the 2nd in Japan. They got the april fools stuff out of the way yesterday with the VHS announcement.

duckroll

Master Milk said:
Working sequel news announced on April 1st? Is anyone really putting their hope into this?

I'm gonna be skeptical for a few more days.

It's real. Not a joke. They've been counting down to the announcement for a while now.

Dresden said:
It's like the 2nd in Japan. They got the april fools stuff out of the way yesterday with the VHS announcement.

duckroll said:
It's real. Not a joke. They've been counting down to the announcement for a while now.

Glorious! I wonder if this news will prompt someone to pick up the manga again.

Cwarrior

Mezzo Forte part1 and 2

OK better then kite but it pretty much even more disgusting hentai then kite.(200% more cum in the air)its like one guy wanted to make an action anime, while the other wanted to make hentai.

2 sex scenes that are even longer then kite ones and far more disgusting (plot twist sex).

Kite is just hentai, while mezzo forte is hentai with better story and action

Jex

Cwarrior said:
Mezzo Forte part1 and 2

OK better then kite but it pretty much even more disgusting hentai then kite.(200% cum in the air)its like one guy wanted to make an action anime,while the other wanted to make hentai.

2 sex scenes that are even longer then kite ones and far more disgusting.
I hear that's the box quote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom