• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Anime |OT2| about as likely as a second season of Hyouka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

Girls und Panzer 4

LjDeZsul.jpg
0REhVPsl.jpg

still the best

Suddenly, Shermans. Hundreds of them.

Clov

Got back from watching Tiger and Bunny: The Rising at the theater. It wasn't really that good. In fact, most of the movie was pretty boring. The fight at the end was pretty cool, but so many things were completely pointless,
like Lunatic showing up for basically no reason at all
. We don't really get to know the new villains at all, and the main villain's motivation seemed a bit flimsy to me. Ryan was a fun new character to watch though, since he was such an incredible douche.

What surprised me the most was how they handled Fire Emblem's character.
Those flashbacks he had while in a coma were genuinely sad. I felt like I really connected to him during those moments. While I appreciate what they tried to do with his character, it's impact was diminished by the fact that Fire Emblem still doesn't escape the okama or "onee" stereotype; he's still a character based off of how Japan views gay and transgender people, and remains a conflation of both. Japan needs to realize that being gay isn't the same thing as being transgender, and that being a gay man doesn't necessarily mean you're feminine. Still, it at least was an effort. More of an effort than what a lot of anime would give to an "okama" type character. Yet when there's work like Paradise Kiss and Wandering Son that has some great portrayals of trans characters, I can't really give it full credit, I guess.

Narag

Girls und Panzer 5

huh, nice to see they fixed the paint jobs on the tank. strikes me as they were given freedom to fail against the English, especially since the Stug III should have been an equalizer in town earlier on if not for the decoration.

As for the ep itself,
  • fucking yukari lol
  • tank tactcs hng

Jintor

They're bringing out the GuP manga in english btw

it... kinda looked okay. The tanks being the same artstyle (though way more complex obviously) than the characters was nice. Not the CG abominations of the show

So am I the only one that sings 80's love songs in his head when an anime does something so beautifully and hilariously full retard that I fall in love with the show behind the tears of laughter? Usually what I hear in my head is "you raise me uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup so I can touch the mountaaaaaaaaains"

cajunator

Banned
Is it okay for Shiny Luminous and Milky Rose? Since they're not cures!

....and civvies while we're at it.

Yeah those are fine.

So am I the only one that sings 80's love songs in his head when an anime does something so beautifully and hilariously full retard that I fall in love with the show behind the tears of laughter? Usually what I hear in my head is "you raise me uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup so I can touch the mountaaaaaaaaains"

No but thats an awesome idea

Akagi 02

This is certainly an entertaining show, I just have no idea what is going on.
I like how the Yakuza call-in guy decided not to just step in immediately and be cocky to square off against Akagi, instead deciding to lay back and watch for a while despite Akagi being so young.
And already resorting to the finger-chopping. But shit, Akagi is hardcore for a teenager. Guess that's why he's a genius.
I will continue watching this for the Fukumoto, the mindgames, and Akagi despite knowing nothing about Mahjong. It seems like it will still be enjoyable.

Blade and Soul 13

Um.... wut? Was there really a reason for this episode? They wrapped up the main plot last episode. Did they have extra money left over and decided to make another episode? I don't even know what I just watched.

Syrinx

Baccano! 2

Isaac and Miria are a very entertaining and endearing pair. Jacuzzi Splot is a dork. And the OP is still awesome as balls.

So this is the departure of the Flying Pussyfoot, which of course is going to crash horrifically. A lot of our cast of characters is on it, so I wonder how that plays in. According to that premonition from that old lady, only the lucky ones and the ones who aren't human might survive.

Mokoi

Banned
Akagi 02

This is certainly an entertaining show, I just have no idea what is going on.
I like how the Yakuza call-in guy decided not to just step in immediately and be cocky to square off against Akagi, instead deciding to lay back and watch for a while despite Akagi being so young.
And already resorting to the finger-chopping. But shit, Akagi is hardcore for a teenager. Guess that's why he's a genius.
I will continue watching this for the Fukumoto, the mindgames, and Akagi despite knowing nothing about Mahjong. It seems like it will still be enjoyable.

I really liked this show especially that op.
----
I'm also going to be spending time at the river this weekend so hyped! Going to come back with sunburn, and all tanned like this.

I really miss watching ping pong :(

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Wait, are we already killing this thread off? As Hito's surrogate, I've got Summer OT1 duty and I was thinking more around July 1. Need to make banners/snarky presumptuous quips about each new anime/etc.

Articalys

Wait, are we already killing this thread off? As Hito's surrogate, I've got Summer OT1 duty and I was thinking more around July 1. Need to make banners/snarky presumptuous quips about each new anime/etc.
Yeah, I think some people are just getting overeager and/or joking around.

Escha and Logy 11
So how do handle someone who will object all human interaction including friendship and love? More friendship and love of course. Escha and Logy hugging for a bit was cute though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom