• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Anime |OT2| about as likely as a second season of Hyouka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing. Not a single Asian team advanced. All gone.

Anime lied to us. They said asian teams could win with the power of believing in the heart of the ball. Or some shit. Most importantly

Lnz2eML.png

My two main teams advanced. And I believe that Colombia will beat Uruguay and US will beat Belgium. Let's see if it's true.

Akagi 01

So, I watched both seasons of Kaiji and have been meaning to watch this for a while. And while this was not a bad first episode by any means, and Akagi seems like an interesting protagonist, I don't got a clue about any Mahjong rules or hands.
Will I still find this enjoyable despite that, or will I not get anything out of this?

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
You know my top Shonen shows that I think are brilliant are One Piece(if a series can make me cry for a boat it has done something right), Hunter X Hunter(everybody knows why), Beezlebub(it's filled with great funny antics), and Full Metal Alchemist. Though for a while I've been watching a certain series which fills every criteria for brilliance and has now made it to my top Shonen shows. The series is Gintama of course and now to talk about it.

Gintama is a anime that knows how to be entertaining and it does it well. The way it inserts feels, drama, comedy, and how it adds serious moments isn't forced towards the audience it's perfect. For example an earlier episode that had a character who was a murderer that killed for money, but in fact he was a father to these orphans which he used the money for. He didn't want to live as killer but as a father for these children which would lead up to a feels moment that made me cry. The comedy is also not forced like some other Anime's like Kondou being called a gorilla kills me every time and Hasegawa being called a Madao is also hilarious. The references in this anime are also the best part and are enjoyable. Usually there are characters that you dislike but in Gintama every character is enjoyable in their own way. This anime also contains some of my favorite manly voice actors such as Gintoki of course (Sugita), Hasegawa(Tachiki), and Hijikata(Nakai). Also the voice actor for Kagura(Rie Kugimiya) who I usually find annoying for some other characters done by her like Rise and Shana, but for Kagura I don't. Probably must be her character which I also like. As for serious moments this series has it like in the second arc Benizakura which is my favorite so far. Had my favorite ending song in it which was inserted while Katsura and Gintoki were fighting at the end.

http://youtu.be/FHGAbhZ4txE

Sooo good and awesome.

This anime has one of the best Main Character Gintoki, this guy does whatever he wants and he may not seem to care but he actually does. He's funny and he has the characteristics of a great main character. Did I forget to say he's manly. The speeches he says at the end aren't cheesy but memorable. The one speech he said to Hasegawa when he was in jail for being a molester, on how he would bring a rope not for him to kill himself but to pull him out from hell no matter how many ropes it would be. In the end this anime is amazing that has made me cry multiple times because it's manly shit that builds up it's tensions at the right moments. One of the good merits of anime and should be in everyone's top Shonen. I also have to say Why Didn't Anyone Recommend Me This Anime In The Past Seriously.

Enjoy the ride, man. It only gets better from the Benizakura Arc. Like WAY Better.

cajunator

Banned
Akagi 01

So, I watched both seasons of Kaiji and have been meaning to watch this for a while. And while this was not a bad first episode by any means, and Akagi seems like an interesting protagonist, I don't got a clue about any Mahjong rules or hands.
Will I still find this enjoyable despite that, or will I not get anything out of this?

watch Saki. At least you get yuri with your mahjong

sonicmj1

I started watching episode 12 of Crest of the Stars without watching episode 11, and I didn't realize my error until 18 minutes through the episode. Some stuff had happened between 10 and 12, but it was explained very cleanly, and the parallel battle going on in space didn't seem that far from where I left it.

It's kind of a slow show.

Kingdom S2 Episode 36

Nearly there, laughed at Xin as he stood there when people didnt know Diao and just took in the scene embracing it and saying everyones back together, love him much in this anime. I will miss it once I finish the last two episodes, the Feixin unit has made great strides in the world and not being able to see any further accomplishments is just terrible. I hope a s3 comes.

Midonin

Excel Saga 01-04

I have had contact with the show before. It was when I rented the first DVD from Blockbuster. [Obvious joke here] It's been a few years, but the show is as I remember it. A clear predecessor to the likes of Nyarko, and a lot more heavy on the callbacks and connecting narrative than I'd expect from a wacky comedy. And now that I'm aware that Excel is Mitsuishi - who I've become more familiar with every passing week - there's that added layer of knowledge to the whole thing. Even with the passage of time, it's still enjoyable in that uniquely anime way, but I say that having only seen a quarter of the series.

(I also plan on watching Poemy once I'm done.)

NeonZ

Saint Seiya episode 13 (I watched beyond this, but still)

Well that escalated quickly.

It's so weird how buff the Saints were back in the first arc, especially after learning their official ages. It's kind of funny that they actually make them younger looking in the second arc, but it just makes everything seem inconsistent.

Crocodile

Summer 2014 Anime IOTI Kirito-kun is nowhere near Onii-sama and those that think he is can go die in a fire I will fucking murder you how dare you talk shit about onii-sama I swear to god Kirito-kun only does it for his country and like totally supports the murder of millions while onii-sama is cool personified and super smart and shit and why is the title allowed to be this long?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Summer 2014 Anime IOTI Kirito-kun is nowhere near Onii-sama and those that think he is can go die in a fire I will fucking murder you how dare you talk shit about onii-sama I swear to god Kirito-kun only does it for his country and like totally supports the murder of millions while onii-sama is cool personified and super smart and shit and why is the title allowed to be this long?
Summer 2014 OT: At least my Onii-sama didn't have to wait two years to glop.

Holy shit I can't beleive they went with a
cripple joke
O_O
lol
You should see the Hitler vs Vader ones. :p

Defuser

The actual VC anime was much better. Its actually a good anime.
The adaptation is fucking terrible. Welkin is a indecisive wimp, Alicia was a hot headed tsundere with exaggeration, Faldio is a sparkling bishounen all these went against their game counterpart personalities and Ramal is the worst filler character ever to grace the series. The only thing consistent about the show is Isara because she behaves exactly how her game counterpart is.

They also forgot Vyse!!! Flipping aniplex

A1 Pictures didn't forget him alright.....

Articalys

Okay, let's see what my tentative weekly schedule looks like for next season, assuming nothing gets dropped...

1/2 show on Wednesdays
4 shows on Thursdays
1 show on Fridays
4 shows on Thursdays, plus Space Dandy on Toonami, plus Sailor Moon every other week
5 shows on Sundays
2 shows on Mondays

...well, shit. Could be worse, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom