• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck I feel like I NEED to see this. What sort of 2D effects would this have. Salta petals? Girl panties scent? We must know.

I think it was the 360 degrees screen that made it 4D. No scents, blowing wind or motion stuff.

Lol. Smh. At leas you sound like you're having fun! :)

Wasn't gonna watch it originally, but I knew somebody would ask about it ;P

Edit: Oh, and you could get a 3D picture taken of you and the catgirls and you got the photo and some 3D glasses, but I didn't do that.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The CGI future rolls on.

I do regret not asking the director of 009 RE:CYBORG if he thought CGI was the future of the Japanese animation industry.

cajunator

Banned
Kino's Journey 1

I feel intrigued.

This show doesn't waste much time with introductions, dropping us right in the middle of the titular character's titular journey. We get just enough teasing about her past to have a sense of what things are all about without giving us any answers. She and Hermes make a pleasant pair. It feels like he's more cautious and concerned with their well-being, while Kino is the driving force keeping them on the road and looking for new things.

The mystery of the Land of Visible Pain was an interesting one, especially coming off of the movie I just saw.
Truly, as Sartre said, hell is other people.
I like the sort of bittersweet way they handled the love story, and I like how the diagetic song from the record player was messed with to handle the shifting moods in the flashback.

It has an interesting setting. The world (at least in this episode) has a kind of early-20th century vibe to it, but there are a lot of fantasy and sci-fi elements rolled in. Everything is logical, but you kind of have to accept things as they come. I think that's fine. It fits the whole idea of traveling and seeing the unexpected.

GREAT SERIES. Youll love it. Probably every single episode of it. If all anime was only that good...

Another Kino watcher? Aw yes!

You're in for quite the journey.

I see what you did there!

Well, I visited Odaiba today, so here's some pics:

CATGIRLS CATGIRLS CATGIRLS....

I love Tokyo Big Sight. It's probably my favorite modern architecture in Japan.

I love how it transforms into a giant mech robot in that music video in Nurse witch Komugi.
BIG SIGHTRON!

It was a 360 degrees screen 3D movie. And, yeah, I decided to watch it just for you AnimeGAF :p

Looked like something somebody made in Blender 3D or similar. It was about a pervert who stole some panties from a catgirl school.

I dunno wtf a 4d movie is but Im seeing CATGIRL SCHOOL and now Im thinking I have to see footage of this.

cajunator

Banned
Cat girls are not human girls so its not illegal!

CORRECT>

Time to watch Madoka Rebellion!

bqy2t1r.jpg

Gbraga

What a neat package!

Edit: Oh, and you could get a 3D picture taken of you and the catgirls and you got the photo and some 3D glasses, but I didn't do that.

Ran out of money? I can't think of any other reason that wouldn't make you a horrible person.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I just noticed one of the films is called Fantastic Story and it is also in English. You know with a name like that it has to be good.

Tenumi

Banned
Squid Girl Season 2: (END)

One of the punniest anime series... Personally, I thought it was better than the first season, but that may have to do with not needed to introduce characters. Well worth the watch, both seasons.

Aquarion EVOL - 4

In which Dunban from Xenoblade shows up and declares that love in the school is now forbidden for some reason even though
the wall was destroyed.
Come on, I really liked this guy before he pulled that!

Oh and MEGA CG ROCKET PUNCH GOOOO! I haven't seen many shows where a rocket punch attatched to a line flies all over the damn world, so that was pretty cool.

Still, I'm starting to get the feeling that I really should have watched Genesis before taking on this one.

Movies

The Castle of Cagliostro
Nausicaa
Castle in the Sky
My Neighbour Totoro
Kiki's Delivery Service
Porco Rosso
Whispers of the Heart
Princess Mononoke
Spirited Away

Ghost in the Shell
Patlabor 1/2
Millennium Actress
Tokyo Godfathers
Wolf's Children
Akira
Wings of Honneamise

Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade
5 Centimetres Per Second
Sword of the Stranger

OVA's

Giant Robo
Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket
FLCL
Rurouni Kenshin: Trust & Betrayal

TV

Anne of Green Gables
Rose of Versailles
Cowboy Bebop
Revolutionary Girl Utena
Urusei Yatsura (Episodes 1 - 106) + Beautiful Dreamer
Maison Ikkoku

Legend of the Galactic Heroes*
Space Battleship Yamato 2199
Mononoke
The Flowers of Evil
Mushi-Shi
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Ghost in Shell Stand Alone Complex (Both Seasons)
Dirty Pair
Ojamajo doremi
Sailor Moon - Select Episodes due to length

Kaiji
Baccano!
Gankatsuou
Denno Coil
Gintama

Honey and Clover + Season II
Kemonozume
Kaiba
Monster
Serial Experiments Lain
Gunsliger Girl

What I already have seen.

Link Man

Banned
It was a 360 degrees screen 3D movie. And, yeah, I decided to watch it just for you AnimeGAF :p

Looked like something somebody made in Blender 3D or similar. It was about a pervert who stole some panties from a catgirl school.

So was it better than Flowers of Evil?

Link Man

Banned
My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU 2

Yeah, I'm just not feeling anything while watching this. Gonna have to drop it for now.

jman2050

K-On sucks

This sucks, I've been really busy for a while and missed most of the start of this season and I don't know what shows are worth the trouble now.

Mr.Jeff

Another thread, another missed opportunity to be on the wall of shame. I just can't post random stuff like the rest of you can.

Non Non Boringy 1-2

Ok at first i thought this show was just some boring slice of life bullshit. But then i hit ep 2 and realized that its really a sad snapshot of suffering with mental illness :/
I've still to get past episode 2 due to the horrendously bad forced comedy. Episode 1 was much better in giving that feeling of moving to a new place, especially one in the middle of nowhere where there is nothing to do.

Also, I thought you were working through Wideface Adventures?

Movies

The Castle of Cagliostro
Nausicaa
Castle in the Sky
Kiki's Delivery Service
Porco Rosso
Princess Mononoke
Ghost in the Shell - (Fallen asleep 3 times watching this)
Patlabor 1/2
Millennium Actress
Wings of Honneamise

OVA's

Giant Robo
Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket
Rurouni Kenshin: Trust & Betrayal

TV

Anne of Green Gables
Rose of Versailles
Revolutionary Girl Utena
Urusei Yatsura (Episodes 1 - 106) + Beautiful Dreamer
Maison Ikkoku
Legend of the Galactic Heroes - (Remaining half)
Space Battleship Yamato 2199
Mononoke
The Flowers of Evil
Ghost in Shell Stand Alone Complex (Season 2)
Dirty Pair
Ojamajo doremi
Sailor Moon - Select Episodes due to length
Gankatsuou
Gintama
Honey and Clover Season II
Monster - (Read the series)
Serial Experiments Lain
Great list, I'll be sure to read through your qualifying statements on your blog when I'm not skiving at work.
I apparently have a lot things still to watch that are classified as must see which is good/bad. Maybe I should watchbet firehawk to Utena.

I still can't like Whispers of the Heart though. Something about it just really grates on me. Although I don't have any particular affinity for Ghibli movies in general.

survivor

Banned
UPDATE - Full list with an explanation for each choice so you can tell me how wrong I am available here http://baoh.tumblr.com/
Out of the few TV shows on the list that I haven't seen only Lain and Ojamajo Doremi weren't on my backlog. I should make room for them in the future. I did like Doremi's pictures that used to get posted here regularly when people were marathoning the show.

Midonin

No Game No Life 02

Sora finally demonstrated what I consider one of the most essential traits for me to root for a hero. Acting like a huge dork. He won the rock paper scissors game, but made a fool of himself in a fashion that only someone who leaps before he looks can make. And I'm okay with that. Stephanie alternating between "lovestruck" and banging her head against the wall was good for a few laughs, and of course, Shiro continues to be absoloutely adorable. Ai Kayano's versatility shines through - that includes the ED, too. Surprised at how quickly she learned the world's language. I know there are members of other races that will be making an appearance, and I can't wait to meet them.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
K-On sucks

This sucks, I've been really busy for a while and missed most of the start of this season and I don't know what shows are worth the trouble now.
We are only about two episodes into most shows. Puchimas being the exception but you can view all those in the time it takes to watch one episode of another show.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
No need to thank me
You are a terrible person!

Best waifu, etc.
But I liked S1 anyway. SNAFU with 8man as Batman was just interesting to watch. I would hope his martyrdom comes back to bite him at some point, where he has to choose between saving Two Face and some girl no one remembers.

Well, I visited Odaiba today, so here's some pics:
Did it still stink of nerd sweat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom