• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yes, nearly forgot:

[ig]http://i.minus.com/ip01mZC89IEw6.jpg[/img]

Came in this morning.

Hey. Now we're blu-ray eskimo brothers. If somebody else gets the Baccano blu-ray we can make it a three way. It's ok, when it's in a three-way! With a blu-ray in the middle there's some leeway!

If you watch Haruhi in chronological order it's boring.

That's a bold statement to make. Did you watch it in chronological order and then found it boring? Or did you watch it broadcast order first and then chron. order and decided that yourself because reasons?

I watched it chronological order first and enjoyed it just fine.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suziyama S1 + S2

This was
fucking garbage. Really?! A third of the fucking show was spent on the same episode from slightly different angles. The rest was basically "YEAH HARUHI MIGHT BE GOD SO WE'RE JUST KIND OF MONITORING HER" and shit like that.
When they got to the point where
Haruhi's emotions were manifesting in closed space, I was hyped for a crazy ride assuming something nuts was going to happen. That ends up being the climax of the entire fucking story. No character progression whatsoever.

Fuck Haruhi and fuck KyoAni. I stand by that the only decent thing they've done is their Nichijou adaption. But hey, at least I got to see their slow transformation from episode 1 to episode 28 to hit their terrible K-ON! style.

Yes, I mad. I would have been happy with a regular ass slice of life but they baited the hook of potential to keep you watching and failed to deliver on anything but MOE
Try watching the movie?
Maybe then you can say "well I hated the show but at least it introduced the characters for the movie."

That's a bold statement to make. Did you watch it in chronological order and then found it boring? Or did you watch it broadcast order first and then chron. order and decided that yourself because reasons?

I watched it chronological order first and enjoyed it just fine.

I watched it in DVD set order. S1 first and then S2. I enjoyed most of it maybe except for episode 5-7 of Endless Eight which started to drag on a bit. I did watch all of it though. :p

Also knew about the airing order when I watched it so I knew that The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part 6 was the last episode so I didn't get too disappointed when they don't really address stuff that happened in that episode later on.

Yeah the movie by itself is worth watching the show. And you should've told me when you got to Endless Eight Sorairo, I skipped that whole shit because I wasn't about to have KyoAni pull down its pants and throw feces at my face.

Heh. I see the asosbrigade site had been shut down and taken over by something else now. Was actually still up and running late last year when I checked it out.

wonzo

Banned
Puchimas!! 21-22

puchimasus221.jpg

rip moeblob

Theonik

Happiness Charge PreCure 12
So this episode was great. Hito is just dumb but at the same time so happy about it. And madp is still the adorablest. Also go home Kirby you drunk. It seems to all go on Kirby's butt though so it's OK!
The triple transformation was great too. That dancing. And the posing at the end of this clip.
Baseball Hito was kinda eh though. Wasn't too hyped for it though so that was OK. Also this is a thing Hito had mentioned with GBF but why is anime so obsessed with batting averages?

BluWacky

Ping Pong ep.3

I don't know if I'm just used to it by now or what, but the art style isn't bothering me anywhere near as much as it did in episode 1.

Time to invoke my usual query for the staff nerds to explain by telling me who Shinya Ohira is, what he's known for, and why I should care that he did the OP (which is a nice OP, though).

Shinya Ohira is an animator who is well known for his "ultra fluid" animation; rather than animating limited frames like most animators, he instead animates absolutely everything. He also likes to stretch proportions massively for the sake of entertaining movement. His style is immediately recognisable (if you've seen it before!) - you may recognise some of the sequences from this video, for instance.

Narag

It's better to have a healthy forum not burdened with unreasonable whining, like from Sculibundo and company.

Or that guy that lost his shit when he was spoiled on how the 360 version of GTA V ran. Mind you, nothing story related but he was mad to learn of its framerate issues before he could learn firsthand.

sonicmj1

Shinya Ohira is an animator who is well known for his "ultra fluid" animation; rather than animating limited frames like most animators, he instead animates absolutely everything. He also likes to stretch proportions massively for the sake of entertaining movement. His style is immediately recognisable (if you've seen it before!) - you may recognise some of the sequences from this video, for instance.

I remember Shinya Ohira for this part of FLCL episode 2, where the director told him to just draw it all in his own style. It's totally different-looking from anything else in the show.

Or that guy that lost his shit when he was spoiled on how the 360 version of GTA V ran. Mind you, nothing story related but he was mad to learn of its framerate issues before he could learn firsthand.

The least you could have done was spoiler tagged that. I was planning to read that post... :p

Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn - Episode 7 [1st 7 minutes]

Animation still looks as top notch as I remember it being. I loved the guy at the beginning who was chilling with a bunch of snacks in a plastic bag.

Looking forward to seeing the whole thing eventually!

Jarmel

Banned
With Tamako Love Story debuting in theaters tomorrow, time for KyoAni to get rolling again on the hype machine for Amagi Brilliant Park, finally officially confirmed for Fall 2014.

http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/amaburi/

Not bad. It's pretty faithful to the source material but they did change the Princess's eyes a bit. She looks less dead eyed now thankfully.

The main character's design is sorta interesting as he looks 'harder' than I imagined, more like a delinquent.

Get to the hype train guys

RAIL WARS! first PV
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XgK0QGrT7c

Good sakuga cut in there. The lighting though looks jacked in some of the scenes.

wonzo

Banned
Mardock Scramble: The Third Exhaust

Well, I guess exhaust is the perfect way to name the last of this trilogy in pointless, poorly written, and ugly excess. GoHands, not even once.

Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou 4

I think episode two was the only funny and enjoyable one so far. 1/4 isn't great, I'm not sure if I want to keep watching. Awkward social interactions of boring characters don't do much for me.

cajunator

Banned
Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san - 03

Delicious licking, oh sweet, delicious, licking. RIP my haaaato

pero pero~

Well it certainly isn't Eureka.

NO.

NO WE DID NOT.

Please dont deny me my waifu Elena, Corvy kun.
yW3EJYM.jpg

You and your girlfriend are walking home, right after the sunset. You haven't seen each other in awhile and she looks gorgeous. All of a sudden, you run across one of your old friends in a dark alley near your house. He punches you in the face and ties you up, leaving some wiggle room but you can't escape. You have to watch as he grabs your girlfriend, kisses her, and pulls her panties down. You just have no other option but to sit there and watch all the while she's having sex with him. She's kissing him back and they're really going at it. You start to get turned on because it's your girlfriend and she looks amazing and the only thing you can do is beat off to the scene while crying. When it's all over and you're spent, along with your friend inside her, all that's left is a void of disgust. Not just for your ex-friend but also yourself for even enjoying a second of the show in front of your eyes. There's a ball of hatred that just eats at you and the only question resounding in your head is "Why"?

This is such an awful thought but it represents so many things.

Kotoura cutie~

Cool, thanks. As long as it's not too distracting in motion I can live with it. Not like there's any other options without hundreds of dollars importing, and I'm not sure if those even have English subs.
I guess I'll have a look at my TV settings to see what I might have that can help. Anyone familiar with Samsung TVs?

Yeah I have a Samsung Smart HDTV. (its not smart)

Keiichi Hara (Summer Days with Coo, Colorful) has got a new film coming next year!

ibGI8Zb.jpg

It's an adaptation of the manga Sarusuberi by Hinako Sugiura. Looks neat!

From the artwork it looks like a poor man's Millennium Actress but the premise is intriguing to me.

cajunator

Banned
I wouldn't go that far

Would still rather watch AO than anything SHAFT. Nothing worse than that.

I mean, it's an awful sequel, but on its own merits, its a mediocre mecha show with a typical nonsense plot with some sweet music and nice action here and there. If I were to get angry at any part of it, it would be Sho Aikawa as he obviously couldn't even be assed to check continuity with the original series and Kyoda probably had his head up his ass worrying about the music or some shit so he couldn't notice..

Shaft is the best thing about anime.

reminds me that my current wallpaper is still this:

BmCPqVsCIAAVzg0.jpg:large

^________________________________________________________________________^

Maybe we watched Apocalypse Zero the next day or something. lol

When Elena Peoples is a character in your show, is there any doubt about the demographic you're trying to attract?

Me?

Sadly I don't live in Texas anymore.

This too.

I mean, I can understand being a snob and dismissing all fast food whatsoever. But I can't understand singling out Arby's as the fast food restaurant deserving of special scorn. If there's a restaurant that deserves to be singled out it's McDonalds. They're everywhere and their food is absolutely dreadful.

I live in a city and state where food is considered one of the great joys in life so I have a ton of choices. that said Ive never set foot in an Arby's. I have tried other generic restaurants of similar quality though. But when you can go to a local place that sells cajun poboys for lunch, you dont really bother with the chain places as much.

:jnc looks cute I'll watch Hidamari after I'm done with Kinmosa.

Its so :cajun!

I remember the first time I saw when Vodka and Gin were searching the lockers. I was on the edge of my seat... When Detective Conan get's tense, it takes it all the way.

Yeah, even knowing what happens, it's still really tense because of how the scene is executed. They really did a great job of showing the urgency of the scene and showing Conan pretty much trapped.

Escha and Logy - 3

Well I figured this would happen sooner or later, seeing as this is based off of an RPG, but I really wish the show would stick to slice-of-life fantasy fun rather than have action scenes.

Because as demonstrated by this episode, action scenes are not this show's strong point, as I was greeted with a horrendous looking CG fantasy sort of steampunk robot thing for more than half the episode.

Luckily it looks like we'll be going back to slice-of-life fun in the next episode.

sonicmj1

Ping Pong 3

The new opening is incredible.

This episode is the first time I felt like parts of the show looked cheap during Smile's game against Kong, but even at the times when they can't bring their animation A-game, the source is so far above everything else that it hardly matters. These matches aren't about super-moves, but they're a battle of mindsets, a struggle as mental as it is physical. You can see that in the opponents the main characters play as well. Everyone has a story.

Still the best anime this season so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom