• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.
My ranking so far for Spring 2014 (in order of favorites):

The Irregular at Magic High School
Chaika -The Coffin Princess-
Nanana's Buried Treasure
Black Bullet
One Week Friends
Brynhildr in the Darkness
The Kawai Complex Guide to Manors and Hostel Behavior
Knights of Sidonia

Haven't tried any of the other shows yet besides the above. This is just three eps in for most of the shows though.

Articalys

With Tamako Love Story debuting in theaters tomorrow, time for KyoAni to get rolling again on the hype machine for Amagi Brilliant Park, finally officially confirmed for Fall 2014.

http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/amaburi/
9xGvugr.jpg

CorvoSol

Macross 7

DAMMIT KAWAMORI. I'm worried sick that you're going to kill off the heart and soul of the band,
RAY THE MAN
, and you're focusing shots on the nurse's butt. Come on man. Get your head in the game!

Mature

Detective Conan 311:
That Gin and Vodka pursuit was amazing. The anime fully executed on all of the heart stopping and creating the sense of Conan being completely trapped like a rat. The music during that whole sequence was great. The whole episode actually had great music, especially the epilogue scene. Conan went head to head with them, and he lost, and was tremendously luck that Gin's common sense got the better of him when it did. Still, he also managed to pull one over on them for most of the night, and even if his lead evaporated, he learned some new information.

I really enjoy seeing Vodka a bit out of his element here. He's clearly a capable guy without Gin, and pretty perceptive, but he also was about to get tricked by Conan. Gin showing up to stop him from going any further was a great moment. The end of the episode really showed how Conan's arrogance had gotten the better of him, and we're back to probably Conan's biggest flaw: his inability to let even his closest allies in on his plans. He needs to start actually letting Haibara know what's up one day.
I remember the first time I saw when Vodka and Gin were searching the lockers. I was on the edge of my seat... When Detective Conan get's tense, it takes it all the way.

Link Man

Banned
Hidamari Sketch 2

-Can't say I'm a fan of the photorealistic objects.

-A haunted room 202? Sounds familiar.

-Well, this is certainly a Shaft show. Using the spinner for The Game of Life as a clock, that's certainly unique.

-And now we have the pegs to match the spinner. Reminds me of Mekakucity 2, even if this came first.

So this was a good episode with some nice jokes and nice platonic relationships. Also, that yukata. Miyako is my favorite thus far, she's so fun.

I was also not expecting anachronistic ordering, but it does make things a little more interesting.

CorvoSol

The fuck even does Clannad mean? 6

After much effort Senjougahara and Araragi manage to discover that Hachikuji is in fact dead.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
WIXOSS - 04
That's like three isolated scenes this episode where two girls are alone together really close and yet no sex happened. I feel like this shows selling me a false bill of goods :(

The fuck even does Clannad mean? 6

After much effort Senjougahara and Araragi manage to discover that Hachikuji is in fact dead.

Clannad is a Irish gaelic word. It means Family.

And now excuse me while I try to make good on my watch bet and continue G Gundam.

Oh yes, nearly forgot:

ip01mZC89IEw6.jpg

Came in this morning.

That's is a weird anime to pull out of the hat for Madhouse. So many other popular ones to chose from.

Sometimes I swear you need to know like, seven dead languages to get the titles of anime.

Don't worry I didn't know what it was either when I watched it. I thought it might have been referenced in the show. After watching After Story and seeing the overarching theme I had a pretty good idea what it meant but I looked it up just in case.

Don't worry I didn't know what it was either when I watched it. I thought it might have been referenced in the show. After watching After Story and seeing the overarching theme I had a pretty good idea what it meant but I looked it up just in case.

I just found out what it meant now when you told us :p

I knew it meant something though since when I searched for the Clannad Soundtrack I got all these Enya and folksong albums showing up on eBay...

Zeppeli

Banned
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suziyama S1 + S2

This was
fucking garbage. Really?! A third of the fucking show was spent on the same episode from slightly different angles. The rest was basically "YEAH HARUHI MIGHT BE GOD SO WE'RE JUST KIND OF MONITORING HER" and shit like that.
When they got to the point where
Haruhi's emotions were manifesting in closed space, I was hyped for a crazy ride assuming something nuts was going to happen. That ends up being the climax of the entire fucking story. No character progression whatsoever.

Fuck Haruhi and fuck KyoAni. I stand by that the only decent thing they've done is their Nichijou adaption. But hey, at least I got to see their slow transformation from episode 1 to episode 28 to hit their terrible K-ON! style.

Yes, I mad. I would have been happy with a regular ass slice of life but they baited the hook of potential to keep you watching and failed to deliver on anything but MOE

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suziyama S1 + S2

When they got to the point where
Haruhi's emotions were manifesting in closed space, I was hyped for a crazy ride assuming something nuts was going to happen. That ends up being the climax of the entire fucking story.

Well... You did watch it in chronological order instead of the airing order.

Eusis

And suddenly, Breaking Bad. Because if it's not Game of Thrones that seeps into everything it's that.

... And that's also a show I really want to get into, especially now that it's over. And I don't have the excuse of needing to buy/rent blu-rays like with GoT either.
Well... You did watch it in chronological order instead of the airing order.
I do want to get back to that... and get the airing order and watch it that way. I read the LN anyway so it's not as if I'll be in a rush to see where the story goes.

EDIT: I see I also actually answered Sorairo's question with that first quote.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Wait, how is that even a spoiler? I've never met anyone who knew what it was and didnt know that Walt had cancer. Even people who didn't watch a single episode...
Walt having terminal cancer is in the premise! It's given! His clock is ticking which is why he gets desperate and cooks meth!

The whole show is about what happens during that remaining time, much like how the movie Titanic was about what happened before the ship sank.

Eusis

Wait, how is that even a spoiler? I've never met anyone who knew what it was and didnt know that
Walt had cancer.
Even people who didn't watch a single episode...
I think it's less that Walter has cancer and more
yes, he actually does die. Which is easy to guess because terminal lung cancer but I guess some people are that sensitive?
Admittedly it is better safe than sorry, but I could only at most see them pulling an MGS4 and
letting him get into a peaceful situation for the last few weeks or months. Which isn't very damn likely once you get heavily involved in the drug business.

Eusis

It's better to have a healthy forum not burdened with unreasonable whining.
Well, as I recall the initial problem post wasn't "he has cancer" but
"Now that Walter White's dead."
So I guess it's less spoiling that super heroes fight super heroes in a Marvel film and more, yes, they do beat the super villain at the end! Even though it's everything in between that matters and how they win, not that they do win.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Well, as I recall the initial problem post wasn't "he has cancer" but
"Now that Walter White's dead."
So I guess it's less spoiling that super heroes fight super heroes in a Marvel film and more, yes, they do beat the super villain at the end!

Terminal. Cancer. The very term means a death sentence.

Eusis

Terminal. Cancer. The very term means a death sentence.
Yeah, I know, it was more of me thinking the distinction between whether the show concluded before that inevitability or not may have mattered some, but that is getting into the area of being too cautious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom