• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those impatient or not watching Captain Earth: ohesoooooooooooooooooooooo (and booty)

2511898-tumblr_mdft5mqtry1rkppw7o1_400.gif

cajunator

Banned
Every ED and OP should just be power metal by that band. I'd be rocking out every time it opens and ends. I'd never skip the songs.

I love that style. Needless has a bit power metal ost.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LmkWdsdYYTw

IN THIS EPISODE AKARI SHOWS HER BELLYBUTTON TO DAICHI THEN DANCES SO HE FEELS BETTER.
Then they continued to add more unneeded vocab to the show's already too big Lexicon. I said that last week. I feel like this is leading up to one (or two) big exposition dump episode.
Meanwhile the villains have become Team Rocket. Even moreso then before. They've gone from BLASTING OFF AGAIN every episode to Kindergarten tier espionage. Before just BLASTING OFF AGAIN. Again. But not before
THEY HID A GODDAMN MECH IN A CREPE TRUCK
Getting real close to dropping this.

Youre not doing a very good job of dissuading people...

My love of fluffy tails has influenced several apparently!

Brown, Boomerangs & Bellybuttons.

I fully trust your tastes in mofuwa.

I've finished all my blog posts about places in Kyoto including some visits to The Eccentric Family places:
http://mikehattsu.blogspot.com/search/label/the eccentric family

A tour of places that the K-On girls also visited on their Kyoto trip:
http://mikehattsu.blogspot.com/2014/04/k-on-kyoto-tour.html

And the same for the Lucky Star girls:
http://mikehattsu.blogspot.com/search/label/lucky star

The Eccentric Family visit includes a familiar location from a previous visit and like the Lucky Star girls I visited the Kyoto Animation offices.

Time to work on the Tokyo location posts now...

Thoraxes

Nisekoi - 16

I fucking love this show. All the girls are great and the pacing and delivery are just so spot on. It keeps the show really fun and fresh, and I can never wipe the grin off my face when watching this show.

So good. i'LL TAKE THE Aniplex assraping and buy the BDs when they come out too; this show is worth it.

Also, YOOOOOO DAMN THAT ENDCARD.

cnet128

Banned
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 4

Fabulous as always. I was a little surprised that they got Tower of Grey out of the way so quickly and had basically a whole half episode to devote to other stuff afterwards, but I guess that always was a pretty damn short encounter. I do like the way the whole group are already in "IS IT A NEW STAND USER?!" mode the second they see something as innocuous as
a beetle
. I guess they're not exactly the most common sight on passenger jets, but it was still amusing how everyone leapt to that conclusion within a split second of seeing it.

Best part of the episode was totally the guys dealing with the stewardesses, though XD

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 4

Fabulous as always. I was a little surprised that they got Tower of Grey out of the way so quickly and had basically a whole half episode to devote to other stuff afterwards, but I guess that always was a pretty damn short encounter. I do like the way the whole group are already in "IS IT A NEW STAND USER?!" mode the second they see something as innocuous as
a beetle
. I guess they're not exactly the most common sight on passenger jets, but it was still amusing how everyone leapt to that conclusion within a split second of seeing it.

Best part of the episode was totally the guys dealing with the stewardesses, though XD

lRDd6ka.png

Part 3 in a nutshell

Theonik

Ouran Highschool Host Club 03-04
That Renge hahaha.
Also the physical exam episode was great.
But Renge is pretty best. All hail the Renge. RIP Haruhi.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I think the funnier part of the episode is the fact all the other passenger slept through the whole thing despite four guys shouting the whole time.

mahouka 4

protag has so much swag. show makes infinite more sense if you read like 1 chapter of the ln btw.

and ms ono. howdy.

and the sister always has the best night dresses.

also stupid LN, now i can't not noticing 'shapely thighs imouto'

santeesioux

Well I overheard it while my brother was watching some program. Maybe it was fox in the morning. Miku started singing and it was really cute. Then they said "Japan has some very weird things in it"

It's kind of ironic, because people from other countries look at Fox News and think that's a weird thing about Murica.

Also, happy birthday to Kirby.

Kamigami no Asobi 04

Pln5x4ll.jpg

This week in the only way to talk to the teacher.

Also, I guess cheer up emo Hades-kun.

Jewelpet Tinkle 51-52 + OVA

jIZXs4al.jpg

And so ends my first run through a Jewelpet series and I gotta say it wasn't all that bad. I think near the end I was getting tired just due to its length but I gotta say it was good for a let's sell plastic stuff to girls show. I liked they also included an OVA showing almost everyone after the series ended too.

The plot was pretty average but I did enjoy the growth of the characters throughout the show. That was the standout thing from this.

Soul Eater NOT 03

Yeah, I'm bored of this. Dropped.

Link Man

Banned
Captain Bellybutton 3

iQssDWogMKQbN.jpg

Wow, Team Rocket is actually capable. (Hands Captain Earth a gaudy necklace.)

Err, well... (Takes necklace back.)

Daichi was the only thing holding this episode together; otherwise, it was a little dull.

But hey, next episode it looks like
we're going into space

cajunator

Banned
Yooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Looks like BONES knows how to draw their bones...

.webm is not compatible with iOS

Whaaaaaaat?! Android can play it.

So has anyone seen this article? I didn't see any mention of it on search:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...i-tomokazu-sugita-lead-terra-formars-ova-cast
I'm relieved to see who the director is and the designs, though that studio :/
I'm guessing Summer is a good release as any considering that the series will probably be airing in Fall.

I like the designs.

Zeppeli

Banned
That "PC gaming surpasses console gaming in revenue" thread has some of the most sour, in denial posts I've ever seen. It's just video games...

Anyways, for some reason, the Part 3 anime really makes me want to find the Duwang translations again.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
That "PC gaming surpasses console gaming in revenue" thread has some of the most sour, in denial posts I've ever seen. It's just video games...

Anyways, for some reason, the Part 3 anime really makes me want to find the Duwang translations again.

There are other corners of GAF I am sure that could complete with that bitterness.

cnet128

Banned
Date A Live II 3

Yeah, these twins are pretty amazing. So. Much. Lewdness.

Of course, when I say "these twins" what I really mean for the most part is "Kaguya". But Yuzuru is nice to have around for the sake of provoking Kaguya into adorable and/or lewd acts. And of course, she did win some points for herself this episode by
insisting on the undeniably true fact that Kaguya is best girl
=p

Jex

Outside of the OP and a few rough spots in general, I'd disagree with this. There are a few tracks that are outright unsettling, perfectly matching the tone of the scene at several points. I can't remember the name, but one track in particular sticks out and really works.

Of course, there is one point in the chimera ant arc with one of the worst possible choices of tracks ever, so it's not a totally invalid complaint.

There's nothing wrong with the tracks themselves, in general, it's just on a number of occasions (at least once every few episodes) there's just a really poor usage that throws me out of the story.

This is what happens when a forced reality falls apart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom