• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Star Driver is a lot sillier and features a lot more :DTL.
I think you can enjoy this. Did get a bit repetitive.
The movie is an option too for the awesome action but you miss out on some of the silly.
Really? I feel like captain earth is sillier so far haha

Midonin

Happiness Charge Precure! 13

Only a few minutes of Hime and basically no Yuyu this week. Everything was spent on Fortune and Megumi fighting alongside each other in a mirror world. Some of the backstory for the series was given here too. Something about a loved one being stolen. As for Precure Hunter Silva, in keeping with the tone of the series, he hasn't actually killed anyone, but he was first seen trapping one of the international Cures in a dark mirror, which is as good as dead as this series can get. The theme of this hour of TV tonight seems to be truces. Bit of a bottle episode, but Fortune episodes move the overplot forward a bit, and I can appreciate that.

Cure of the Week: Komachi

Next week is a beach episode (but no swimsuits) and a kid who wants to be a Kamen Rider.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Happiness Charge Precure 13

Plot episode! Much of it was really confirming what was hinted before, so it's not like a ton of new stuff was divulged, but at least it put things in a position to move forward. I'm guessing that having an enemy that targets Precures directly is what gets Cure Fortune to relent and let herself work in a team. They also introduced a method of transportation like the bookshelf in Smile Precure, but at least now they have a better reason when it doesn't get used much. It's not really theirs to begin with, and they can't use it by themselves.

cajunator

Banned
The World is Still Beautiful 4

People can easily see that the relationship between these two is moving at godly speeds for a shojo lol. Also I'd like to take this opportunity to laugh that they decided to end it old school cartoon/Pokemon style with narrator going "WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT? COME BACK NEXT WEEK TO FIND OUT! SUSPENSE"

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Akuma no Riddle - 04

oA7mKQe.png

Sad to see
grenade girl leave so early. Girl got major respect for rigging a bomb in Haru's grape soda. :lol

Happiness Charge Precure! 13

Only a few minutes of Hime and basically no Yuyu this week. Everything was spent on Fortune and Megumi fighting alongside each other in a mirror world. Some of the backstory for the series was given here too. Something about a loved one being stolen. As for Precure Hunter Silva, in keeping with the tone of the series, he hasn't actually killed anyone, but he was first seen trapping one of the international Cures in a dark mirror, which is as good as dead as this series can get. The theme of this hour of TV tonight seems to be truces. Bit of a bottle episode, but Fortune episodes move the overplot forward a bit, and I can appreciate that.

Cure of the Week: Komachi

Next week is a beach episode (but no swimsuits) and a kid who wants to be a Kamen Rider.

This episode had quite abit of Plot elements , some predictable , some weren't...it's going to be such a fun ride.

Mekakucity Actors 3

Shaft and their visuals, I'm just in love with it. I got to say it's starting to connect now with Momo having a brother and that she was at the scene where her brother was, and how those TV's suddenly came crashing down. And those jokes about Kido and the neck snap was funny. The insert song was great and so was the Opening, I've said this a lot of times but that ending is so freakin good I love it. Now I'm curious to what the protagonist's power is as it was shown he had red eyes in the opening.

Studio 8bit confirmed for adapting Grisaia no Kajitsu (Oh no):
http://otakomu.jp/archives/91203.html
Director: Tanaka Motoki (Kiniro Mosaic)
Series Composition: Kurata Hideyuki
Character Design: Watanabe Akio (There is always a silver lining)

There are rumors that the series is going to air this Summer.

I wasn't a huge fan of this as a whole, but the common route had some great humor at least. It just didn't work very well when it tried to be serious. The sequels apparently go down the Metal Gear rabbit hole, though since the person translating them got a job, who knows if they ever see the light of day in English.

Also Makina Bag ending. And this.

Wonder how they'll manage the adaptation though. If they wanted to spin it out into possibly another series they'd go the Amane route which leaves the massive non-subtle cliffhanger. Can't really see it working as an Amagami type affair though.

Sachi and Michiru* remain the best.

*purely because it's Kaori Mizuhashi.
They could just adapt the route that leads to Meikyuu if they wanted to. They probably won't have enough episodes to do that though.

Jarmel

Banned
Nisekoi 16-

computer-smack.gif

Zvezda end card wasn't worth watching two dead fish flop on top of each other hoping that by some miracle of God they procreate.

cnet128

Banned
Seikoku no Dragonar 4

Did...did Eco just stay fully clothed for an entire episode? Say it ain't so!

Of course, we couldn't have an episode without somebody getting naked, so Silvia picked up the slack in her place, with a body-oiling scene lewd enough to give the twins' similar scene in this week's Date A Live a run for its money. (It's a downgrade on either front in my books, since Silvia has got nothing on Eco or Kaguya in terms of cuteness, but I'm sure some viewers might appreciate it. There was tickling and everything!)

Also, something something terrifying sister princess. Who cares, she just looks like an even less cute version of Silvia. More importantly, we now have a HanaKana-voiced
wannabe
ojousama who wants to have the MC's babies (though she doesn't realise it yet)! So I guess that makes yet another example of HanaKana expanding her character type frontiers. At least, I don't recall hearing her in an ojousama role before. Has she done one?

Oh, and Eco learns how babies are made after asking a rather inappropriate question, causing her embarrassment levels to promptly exceed 9000. So that was cute. <3

Link Man

Banned
The World is Still Beautiful 4

This show kind of fails at comedy, but everything else this episode was excellent. The confrontation with the head priest, the orphanage, so good.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
The World is Still Beautiful 4:

Yep, this couple still bores me and it cements my belief that this show has shown me all I needed to see with like the first couple of episodes, I consider this show dropped.

Captain Earth 4

Hey, this was actually a decent episode. Akari and Daichi are still the best part of the show, and team rocket's antics were amusing. If you skip over boring exposition or times when adults start babbling to each other, this show might be alright for 10 minutes a week.

Mekaku City Actors 3
So he's her brother.
Hopefully there won't be incest.
Now seeing how the powers sort of work, I'm going to guess his eye power is seeing levels of success. The new members of the cast are interesting especially their powers.

The Irregular at Magic High School 4

That was a rather boring episode. So much info dump. Also extending the info dump into the credits as well was kind of an odd move.

Link Man

Banned
Mekakucity Actory 3

Marry should be right in cajun's strike zone, I'd wager.

Kano is hilarious.

Oh wow, combining Momo's and Marry's powers? That's clever!

Good episode!

Mahouka 4

In this episode we are introduced to Juumonji who seems like the serious type. It's good that this episode had info dumps in it as it gives a broader look into the bloom and weed discrimination that the audience was let on to believe and how their is a anti-magic organization that are considered terrorists which will connect to the plot and political conflicts, thus making it interesting. Tatsuya is one hell of a slick guy, he knows the right things to say and gets girls to blush without trying my man, you were right Woofington so much good cheese. Mibu and her blushes were something I got to say I actually like her character. What did I tell you I knew that guy with glasses was a sneaky bastard, definitely Learned that from Log Horizon. The ending song definitely matched the atmosphere it was great, can't wait till next week.

cnet128

Banned
Nisekoi 16

This was one of my favourite parts in the manga, and it's one of my favourite parts here. God help me these two are too adorable together. Onodera is so best girl it's ridiculous to even imagine the others could put up any meaningful contest, and Raku is so obviously perfect for her it's ridiculous to imagine either of them ending up with anyone else. Even Onodera's mother can see it, and it's fairly obvious that woman doesn't give praise lightly.

Allow me to echo Raku's sentiment when I wish that every episode could be like this. Do we even need any other characters? Can we just forget about the school and have Raku move into the Onodera household permanently? As manga readers should know,
the second-best girl lives there too, anyway
, so what's the point in ever leaving?

jbug617

Banned
Mahouka 4

The playing up on the sibling love is funny when they have the reaction shots from the others in the scene.

They showcased
Blanche so i guess they will arrive on campus next.

Ace of Diamond Episode 29

Same plot that most other series have
character in their final year of high school so this is their last summer tournament so they need to give it their all
with dramatic music, montage, and teammates rallying support. Not that it was bad but series is finally addressing some of the common areas in sports series. Exciting plays.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
What is this, bwahahahaha.

Yo, it's shaft, they need to fuck up tv version before fixing it for BD release. It's genius, i tell ya, it increase the BD value.

Mekaku City Actors 3
Mekakushi Code is sung by some new singer (?), and i like the new arrangement,
Finally everything starting to make sense. Kido best girl confirmed
Also, iTable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom