• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
Somebody has to carry on the torch now that Gonzo is six feet under again.
gohands already has that covered

k9.jpg

Hidamari Sketch 12

It does snow in January if you live in Alaska! AND NO BATH SCENE! :O

To think though. There's a girl that likes a faceless dude in this show. Whodathunkit?

Link Man

Banned
Kawai Complex Guide 4

iuR2ttEG5NBrG.jpg

This continues to be the funniest show for me this season. Gah, the relationship between Usa and Ritsu is so cute!

jgminto

Mahouka 4

Dropped. The incest "jokes" are just annoying, siblings don't talk like that. Everyone else wanting the main dude's dick is annoying too. Every second comment out of his mouth seemed to get a blush and an "Onii-sama~" as a response. The scene that introduced the boobs was the worst. I think there was a teacher attached to those boobs but they spent so much time focusing on the boobs I'm not actually sure which one is the character. And then Onii-sama went and did some weird almost pro-Republican speech? Equality is a lie and non-magic users need to know their place? Perhaps white privilege is the true magical power.

Link Man

Banned
Mahouka 4

Dropped. The incest "jokes" are just annoying, siblings don't talk like that. Everyone else wanting the main dude's dick is annoying too. Every second comment out of his mouth seemed to get a blush and an "Onii-sama~" as a response. The scene that introduced the boobs was the worst. I think there was a teacher attached to those boobs but they spent so much time focusing on the boobs I'm not actually sure which one is the character. And then Onii-sama went and did some weird almost pro-Republican speech? Equality is a lie and non-magic users need to know their place? Perhaps white privilege is the true magical power.

Magic is Might.

Mahouka is terrible.

It sounds too much like Madoka. Now there comes the frightening possibility of confusion whenever I recommend the much better show to others!

"Oh yes you should totally watch Madoka! It's a very deep anime with a good compelling story"

"What was that? We should watch Mahouka? You mean the show with the gary-stu and the incest? Nobody take recommendations from this man! I bet SAO is his favourite anime!"

Link Man

Banned
It sounds too much like Madoka. Now there comes the frightening possibility of confusion whenever I recommend the much better show to others!

"Oh yes you should totally watch Madoka! It's a very deep anime with a good compelling story"

"What was that? We should watch Mahouka? You mean the show with the gary-stu and the incest? Nobody take recommendations from this man! I bet SAO is his favourite anime!"

Wait, SAO is your favorite anime? Nobody take recommendations from this man!

You know the funny thing is you may say SAO is garbage but it's still popular as fuck so you can't change that. Oh yeah I though the first part of season 1 was good it's just it turns bad towards the end.

Andrew J.

Whisper of the Heart

Of the two "mundane" Ghibli films I've seen, I like From Up On Poppy Hill better. This film's first half is too meandering and full of dull romcom cliches, although it seriously picks up in the second half after actual stakes and conflicts get established.

This is the least visually interesting of all the Ghibli films; please take that as praising it with faint damnation. The urban setting is limiting, and there really isn't any location that matches the sense of place of the club building from Poppy Hill, although the antique store makes a strong effort.

The depiction of creative writing displayed, if not realism, then at least verisimilitude. The surprising amount of research fiction takes, and the way writing takes over your mind, both strike as very true.

Cary Elwes is so dreamy as The Baron, and I wish there was more of him. I suppose that's what The Cat Returns is for.

I'm gonna have "Take Me Home, Country Roads" stuck in my head for a while now. At least it knocked out "Walk Like an Egyptian".

Hey how you doin Onii-sama? lemme whisper in your ear
Tell you sumthing that you might like to hear
You got unbeatable skills and your body looks ripped
Mind if I touch it? and see if its ripped
Naw I'm jus playin' unless you say I can
And im known to be a real nasty imouto
And they say a closed mouth dont get fed
So I don't mind asking for some bro complex
You heard what I said, we need to make our way to the bed
And you can start acting kuudere

You know the funny thing is you may say SAO is garbage but it's still popular as fuck so you can't change that. Oh yeah I though the first part of season 1 was good it's just it turns bad towards the end.

That argument will get you nowhere in any community outside of youtube since it boils down to "U R JUST JEALOUZ CUZ OF HIS SUCCESS"

Whisper of the Heart

Of the two "mundane" Ghibli films I've seen, I like From Up On Poppy Hill better. This film's first half is too meandering and full of dull romcom cliches, although it seriously picks up in the second half after actual stakes and conflicts get established.

This is the least visually interesting of all the Ghibli films; please take that as praising it with faint damnation. The urban setting is limiting, and there really isn't any location that matches the sense of place of the club building from Poppy Hill, although the antique store makes a strong effort.

The depiction of creative writing displayed, if not realism, then at least verisimilitude. The surprising amount of research fiction takes, and the way writing takes over your mind, both strike as very true.

Cary Elwes is so dreamy as The Baron, and I wish there was more of him. I suppose that's what The Cat Returns is for.

I'm gonna have "Take Me Home, Country Roads" stuck in my head for a while now. At least it knocked out "Walk Like an Egyptian".

Nothing will ever beat hearing a bunch of engrish in this film. My biggest turn off is that the relationship between the two leads was extremely rushed.
they never even got together or really dated, they just inspired each other, and all of a sudden months later the guy comes back and proposes. You have no clue if you click jesus christ take it slow

Madoka Rebellion

A good movie, until the worst fucking twist ending I've ever goddamn seen. A fucking travesty and a shit movie. Two fucking hours of my life wasted on that steaming pile of festering shit. Proof that god doesn't exist, because a benevolent god wouldn't let this movie see the light of day.

Zeppeli

Banned
Madoka Rebellion

A good movie, until the worst fucking twist ending I've ever goddamn seen. A fucking travesty and a shit movie. Two fucking hours of my life wasted on that steaming pile of festering shit. Proof that god doesn't exist, because a benevolent god wouldn't let this movie see the light of day.

Haruhi does what she wants man

Madoka Rebellion

To see this much hate for this movie tells me not to watch it and pretend it didn't exist.

Zeppeli

Banned
Also, #HydrateUpdate: I ended up buying maple tea, green tea and berry tea. Brewing a cup now. Let's see if I wasted my $5 or not!

Madoka Rebellion

I hate this movie with all my being for what it does to the franchise. Do you know how excited I was waiting for the movie to come out? I was so damn ready for it! And then that happens. Hell, the spoilers themselves practically put me in a daze! I couldn't believe what they did to one of my favourite shows.

fertygo

Poppy Hill's story is Okada-esque, at least with how it presented in the movie. Please don't let Goro direct anything again.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
The monocles disagree with me? Unprecedented!
I'm not a monocle.

Poopy Hill is just unwatchable incestuous nothingness that was grueling to even get through the first time. To have it compared to something wholesome and enjoyable like Whisper of the Heart is just sad, but maybe it speaks to the gross leeway most viewers give to modern Ghibli films.

I like Whisper of the Heart because it knows what it wants to be and executes on that well. It is clear, concise, and effective.

To see this much hate for this movie tells me not to watch it and pretend it didn't exist.

If you do want to watch it, note that the first half is some really blatant pandering. The second half is pretty good. Just leave and stop watching 10-15 minutes before the film ends. It is really quite astonishing how they ruined an entire fucking franchise in literally just 15-10 minutes. If you want, I can find you the exact time coordinates so you know exactly when to stop.

Proof people have bad taste.

Well everyone has bad taste in their own way I mean look at the popularity of Twilight and Walking Dead or even Game of Thrones in that if you look deep enough they really aren't special and in some ways terrible. It's the way the media works, as long as their is popularity whether it's bad it will still have a bandwagon following and praise in ways it shouldn't. And we all are guilty of this whether or not we want to admit it.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Well everyone has bad taste in their own way I mean look at the popularity of Twilight and Walking Dead or even Game of Thrones in that if you look deep enough they really aren't special and in some ways terrible. It's the way the media works, as long as their is popularity whether it's bad it will still have a bandwagon following and praise in ways it shouldn't. And we all are guilty of this whether or not we want to admit it.
No, people have bad taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom