• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soredemo Sekai wa ustukushii - 04

Pretty good episode , i actually like that they updated the opening animation to reflect the current stance between the cast ..i like those touches ... i hope this will continue the more stuff get added.

As for the episode itself , i guess we have our first true main antagonist.... and that was quite evil indeed.

I'm really liking this show...
Kudos for the orphans, kudos for the flower bed :p

Zeppeli

Banned
eO60fwN.png

It actually says "Febreeze"

Articalys

Due to various reasons, mostly my own stupidity, I fell really behind on both shows and the thread today.

Nisekoi ep.16

Well, that was a godawful epsiode. What a complete waste of time.
Really neat crossover endcard from Kuroboshi, though.

Mekaku City Actors ep.3

Okay, that was pretty neat. So episode 2 and 3 were going on at the same time as the events in episode 1, and now we have the other side of the story. Out of the new characters I think I like Kido's personality the most. Hopefully there's some neat payoff with the storybook monster tale.
I'm probably nowhere near the first person to point this out, but the array of powers that the Mekakushi-dan wield would make for a nice tactics-based video game. Or maybe that's what they were inspired by... who knows.

Captain Earth ep.4

Still wonderful and incredibly fun to watch.

-----------------------

Now to do thread catch-up.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Diamond no Ace Episode 29:

Alright, nice to be back in the saddle again after a god damned recap episode. Anyway, this show does provide a nice contrast to Ping Pong this season as this really is the atypical shonen sports series, nothing wrong with that, though it does tend to get bogged down in the minutia of things.

Soredemo Sekai 4
Wow. It's really rare to see those basic cliffhangers like this. I feel as if this anime is sorta typical so that it stands out with all the animes that try to go over the top. Almost like a classical European fairy tale

cnet128

Banned
It actually says "Febreeze"

Naw, it actually says "Fepreze". (Or perhaps they were going for "Feplease"?) Because no trademark can be left unmangled!

Maybe that's why they can't spell normal English words correctly, too. Because people will try to trademark ANYTHING these days, so hey, better safe than sorry!

Articalys

I'd be pretty happy if Captain Earf was just Star Driver with better characters and humor.
Well, it's managed to not be super repetitive, so that's a start.

-------------------------

If anyone has a bit lot of extra time, would they be willing to help translate this adorable board-game-style insert that comes with Mikakunin vol.3?

Or at the very least, the spaces with Kobeni, Benio, and Mashiro next to them.

Articalys

https://twitter.com/sao_anime/status/460068668806660096

The official SAO Twitter noted that the first volume's North American release managed to rank 4th on the scifi/fantasy bestseller's list at Barnes & Noble, the U.S.'s largest bookstore chain, despite there being virtually no mass market for LNs in America.

To which my reaction is: Barnes & Noble is the largest bookstore chain in the country? Pretty much by virtue of there being almost nobody else left, I bet.

The official SAO Twitter noted that the first volume's North American release managed to rank 4th on the scifi/fantasy bestseller's list at Barnes & Noble, the U.S.'s largest bookstore chain, despite there being virtually no mass market for LNs in America.

To which my reaction is: Barnes & Noble is the largest bookstore chain in the country? Pretty much by virtue of there being almost nobody else left, I bet.
Maybe now we can get Kino published here?

???

North America had a good run.

cajunator

Banned

Basically its the only major one left. Theres Books A Million but its smaller.

mahouka is pretty much the only anime with the incest atmosphere where i whole heart agree with the lust for the bro.

with that broke ass protagonist around (forgot his name, niisama?) who needs any other men?

Midonin

Kawaisou 04

A whole episode about trying to get Ritsu to open up. Cute. Ritsu's reminding me of some of HanaKana's earlier roles. Like from Kyouran Kazoku Nikki and Sketchbook, though I suppose one could go to Shiori for a more recent example. She's really good with the bookish types. Everyone else was in top form as always. Shiro's got a heart of gold underneath all that shagginess, and Sayaka groping Mayumi's muffin top continues the unusual focus on stomachs this week. Liked the preview too. Ritsu knows a thing or two about using books as weapons. Ruri Miyahara is becoming one of those names to look out for.

Boondocks Season 4 Episodes 1 & 2

I hadn't realized this show had come back. I'm counting it as anime fuck all y'all. This was amazing. It's like watching comedy anime, but with references that I get. Like for example Chris Brown and Bob Ross. The Chris Brown episode was hilarious since it focused on Tom, and he's my favorite character.

"You want to meet Pretty Boy Flizzy AND DOOOOOO HIM!" haha the delivery. Amazing. The Bob Ross episode was solid but not hilarious besides the final car chase.

10/10 AOTY.

Surprised people still buy books at brick and mortar stores considering the speed and cost of AMZN. Havent been to one in years after seeing many of the books I wanted already being read by folks just lounging there and was put off, and the membership card being such a limited investment compared to prime.

Lets hope Accel World does just as well cant wait to add it to my collection too.

Crocodile

Harmonie

That was weird but also pretty sweet. Japanese parents and grade children continue to be the worst though :p

If only bad taste was exclusive to Japan :/

Boondocks Season 4 Episodes 1 & 2

I hadn't realized this show had come back. I'm counting it as anime fuck all y'all. This was amazing. It's like watching comedy anime, but with references that I get. Like for example Chris Brown and Bob Ross. The Chris Brown episode was hilarious since it focused on Tom, and he's my favorite character.

"You want to meet Pretty Boy Flizzy AND DOOOOOO HIM!" haha the delivery. Amazing. The Bob Ross episode was solid but not hilarious besides the final car chase.

10/10 AOTY.

The Bob Ross episode is like from the first season or something. It's OLD.

JoeFu

Banned
Mekaku City Actors

I liked how today's episode was just showing everything leading up to the first episode. Hopefully stuff starts advancing, but I really liked today's' episode. I can't get over how SHAFT this is and I love it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm just sayin', if you're the kind of person who views certain groups of people as superior to others, it's only a small leap to Deliverance. The logical extreme of anti-miscegenation is incest.
I thought that was only limited to British Royalty now though. lol

cajunator

Banned
Surprised people still buy books at brick and mortar stores considering the speed and cost of AMZN. Havent been to one in years after seeing many of the books I wanted already being read by folks just lounging there and was put off, and the membership card being such a limited investment compared to prime.

Lets hope Accel World does just as well cant wait to add it to my collection too.

I love the ambiance of a bookstore. Usually theres some relaxed world music playing and its clean and comfortable. Theres a cafe inside too. I love going there.

On the plus side, this could mean an LN market is possible in the US. Hmmm.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom