• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you do want to watch it, note that the first half is some really blatant pandering. The second half is pretty good. Just leave and stop watching 10-15 minutes before the film ends. It is really quite astonishing how they ruined an entire fucking franchise in literally just 15-10 minutes. If you want, I can find you the exact time coordinates so you know exactly when to stop.

That would be much appreciated.

Well everyone has bad taste in their own way I mean look at the popularity of Twilight and Walking Dead or even Game of Thrones in that if you look deep enough they really aren't special and in some ways terrible. It's the way the media works, as long as their is popularity whether it's bad it will still have a bandwagon following and praise in ways it shouldn't. And we all are guilty of this whether or not we want to admit it.

Is The Walking Dead bad? I'm watching it (the show) now and it seems like ok TV.

That would be much appreciated.

I can probably get you those coordinates sometime tomorrow. Shoot me a PM so I don't forget.

wonzo

Banned
compare game of thrones to twilight brehs
troll.png

jman2050

Madoka Rebellion

A good movie, until the worst fucking twist ending I've ever goddamn seen. A fucking travesty and a shit movie. Two fucking hours of my life wasted on that steaming pile of festering shit. Proof that god doesn't exist, because a benevolent god wouldn't let this movie see the light of day.

God allowed Madoka Rebellion to exist because God is good.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
lol anime is just subjective guys ur favriet anime is someone else's least favrtie remember your favortie anime is shit right guys rite amirite lolol

Trickster

Knights of Sidonia

I really like the premise of this show, and actually really liked the 2 first episodes. Just saw the third episode however. The fight is just terrible. The "elite" team that have been selected to fight the gauna act like a bunch of complete novices. Completely ruined the last third of the episode...

Just let the protagonist go kill it already if everyone else are complete fucking morons, thx.

jgminto

If you do want to watch it, note that the first half is some really blatant pandering. The second half is pretty good. Just leave and stop watching 10-15 minutes before the film ends. It is really quite astonishing how they ruined an entire fucking franchise in literally just 15-10 minutes. If you want, I can find you the exact time coordinates so you know exactly when to stop.

Why would you stop watching a movie before it's finished? That'd be like stopping Metal Gear Solid 4 or Mass Effect 3 before the end. Sure, it might be a fucking train wreck but the ending is still the ending.

jman2050

God may be good, but we are anime fans in the hands of an angry Shinbo.

Angry Shinbo gave us what the world needed, just some of us don't realize it yet.

Why would you stop watching a movie before it's finished? That'd be like stopping Metal Gear Solid 4 or Mass Effect 3 before the end. Sure, it might be a fucking train wreck but the ending is still the ending.

But muh headcanon.

Because the Madoka Rebellion movie could have ended 10 (or was it 15) minutes sooner. Literally. That would have been a perfect moment to stop it. I actually thought the movie WAS going to end at that point. And then it continued.... and did that fucking twist.

Imagine enjoying a layer cake, but the bottom layer is festering diseased shit. You still going to eat that last layer? Really?

Jex

You know the funny thing is you may say SAO is garbage but it's still popular as fuck so you can't change that. Oh yeah I though the first part of season 1 was good it's just it turns bad towards the end.

If one of the things that we're doing in this thread is recommending anime based on their quality it's completely irrelevant whether or not said work is popular or unpopular. It literally doesn't matter.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I gave up halfway through Mass Effect 3. It felt good.

compare game of thrones to twilight brehs
troll.png

Hey I think Twilight is shit and I don't mean to compare it to Game of Thrones but it still has it's own share of problems but people still enjoy it.

As for people thinking I love SAO must be kidding since I think the second half of it turned downhill.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Pfft, is this the type of silliness people would have said if Empire Strikes Back came out today?

Oh yes I went there
Well, after ESB the form resolution would take was still pretty clear. With Madoka that USED to be the case and it even played with the idea, but now what?

fertygo

Because the Madoka Rebellion movie could have ended 10 (or was it 15) minutes sooner. Literally. That would have been a perfect moment to stop it. I actually thought the movie WAS going to end at that point. And then it continued.... and did that fucking twist.

Imagine enjoying a layer cake, but the bottom layer is festering diseased shit. You still going to eat that last layer? Really?

You still not making sense, might as well recommend people not watching the movie then. People watching something to reach the end, bad or not leave to their judgement.

You still not making sense, might as well recommend people not watching the movie then. People watching something to reach the end, bad or not leave to their judgement.

Consider the case of a Clockwork Orange. The original American version cut out the final chapter. I'm essentially recommending that someone do that with the Madoka movie. Gee, such controversy! Much never heard of such a thing! Wow!!!!

He's free to watch it and make his own judgement. But apparently I'm not free to recommend someone not watch it to the end?

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Akuma no Riddle - 04

Sad to see
grenade girl leave so early. Girl got major respect for rigging a bomb in Haru's grape soda. :lol

I'm happy she didn't seem to meet
the unspoken unfortunate end like the scissor girl
:(
...which I was surprised (about scissor girl) at how her expression changed when she realized "she dun fucked up." Despite all the evil things she'd done up till then and the fact she was a serial killer whose only wish was to keep killing and the fact he had no redeemable qualities, seeing her careless murderous glee change in slow motion to a sobering nervous realization that her life was about to end mad me feel a little remorse for her.

It was at this point that I realized this series would keep on giving <3

so i shouldn't watch madoka movie 3?

confused.

atelier esha logy 3

its impressive how good looking the cg robot looks compare to how bad the 2d action is animated.

jman2050

Consider the case of a Clockwork Orange. The original American version cut out the final chapter. I'm essentially recommending that someone do that with the Madoka movie. Gee, such controversy! Much never heard of such a thing! Wow!!!!

He's free to watch it and make his own judgement. But apparently I'm not free to recommend someone not watch it to the end?

Well I mean, what's the purpose? The ending happened and it's part of the movie. It's not really something you can ignore and naively remain ignorant of.

Jex

[Captain Earth] - 4

I really wish this show wouldn't take itself seriously at all because it's really not that fun to watch when it thinks that what it's doing is cool, serious stuff when in reality all of it is dumb. It doesn't seem to realise that it's always ridiculous.

Madoka Rebellion

A good movie, until the worst fucking twist ending I've ever goddamn seen. A fucking travesty and a shit movie. Two fucking hours of my life wasted on that steaming pile of festering shit. Proof that god doesn't exist, because a benevolent god wouldn't let this movie see the light of day.

I really don't get how its possible to hate the twist so much,
do you seriously want the franchise to end with the "not actually good end" of the series?
At least the movie tried something new and interesting.
The ending of the series
Madoka became a god. leaving her friends, family,etc but in the end the world was still fucked up. All that shit and god like power but what did it accomplish

fertygo

How you justify recommending people out from theater or press stop button for 100 bucks blu-ray to not see the ending?

If you really afraid that person wasting money, just deny them at the gate.

Well I mean, what's the purpose? The ending happened and it's part of the movie. It's not really something you can ignore and naively remain ignorant of.

The purpose is to make the movie a pleasant experience. And you can ignore the ending and remain ignorant of it. It is called not watching the final 10 minutes of the movie. The Madoka movie isn't a majestic work of art. I really don't believe that someone need experience the whole thing. I'm not watching anime for its artistic merit, but to enjoy myself.

How you justify recommending people out from theater or press stop button for 100 bucks blu-ray to not see the ending?

If you really afraid that person wasting money, just deny them at the gate.

Somehow I doubt the poster I was speaking with is going to watch the movie at the theater. Nor do I think he'll spend 100 dollars on the blu-ray. He'll probably borrow a totally legal copy from a friend he knows very well.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
do you seriously want the franchise to end with the "not actually good end" of the series?
The ending of the series
Madoka became a god. leaving her friends, family,etc and in the end the world was still fucked up
Madoka went to fulfill a higher purpose, and Homura would be together with Madoka at the end.

cajunator

Banned
Whisper of the Heart

Of the two "mundane" Ghibli films I've seen, I like From Up On Poppy Hill better. This film's first half is too meandering and full of dull romcom cliches, although it seriously picks up in the second half after actual stakes and conflicts get established.

This is the least visually interesting of all the Ghibli films; please take that as praising it with faint damnation. The urban setting is limiting, and there really isn't any location that matches the sense of place of the club building from Poppy Hill, although the antique store makes a strong effort.

The depiction of creative writing displayed, if not realism, then at least verisimilitude. The surprising amount of research fiction takes, and the way writing takes over your mind, both strike as very true.

Cary Elwes is so dreamy as The Baron, and I wish there was more of him. I suppose that's what The Cat Returns is for.

I'm gonna have "Take Me Home, Country Roads" stuck in my head for a while now. At least it knocked out "Walk Like an Egyptian".

I have yet to watch From Up on Poppy Hill. Im scared of Goro directed movies!

Madoka Rebellion

but it gave us the cakey song!

Also, #HydrateUpdate: I ended up buying maple tea, green tea and berry tea. Brewing a cup now. Let's see if I wasted my $5 or not!

I brewed up some vanilla honey chai a little while ago.

Zeppeli

Banned
I have yet to watch From Up on Poppy Hill. Im scared of Goro directed movies!

but it gave us the cakey song!

I brewed up some vanilla honey chai a little while ago.

The first cup went great. I guess my tastebuds have matured in the last 5 years. Going to try green tea next. Had berry first.

The ending of the series
Madoka became a god. leaving her friends, family,etc but in the end the world was still fucked up. All that shit and god like power but what did it accomplish

I liked the ending in the original series. It exemplifies maintaining hope and idealism even in a truly rotten world.

The movie twist is nonsensical, out of character, and confusing.

Ginga e Kickoff!! 01

zkQ2jpLl.jpg

Oddly enough I actually don't think I watched a football series yet.

This was pretty enjoyable. Hyperactive lead, level head girl, must rebuild team, a good start to a sports series. I like the energy and it definitely feels less shounen sports action and more something else.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
I think the best way to watch Madoka is to save yourself the headache and just not bother watching it

Does the TV series fall under this moniker for you as well? What would you say is your mental block for the series?

As stated earlier, mine is simply that I the show just got darker in an oppressive way that didn't let up and I just stopped when I realized that was the tone and it was just going to try and find ways to push the line a bit further with each arc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom