• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - Stardust Crusaders 1-4

ibi8un5JkzZChC.jpg

Nice to see the show is actually animated this time around.

Not sure how
Dio getting an extra coffin somehow
or
Kakyoin naming Hierophant Green before knowing about Abdul's naming scheme
makes sense.

Zeppeli

Banned
Does the TV series fall under this moniker for you as well? What would you say is your mental block for the series?

As stated earlier, mine is simply that I the show just got darker in an oppressive way that didn't let up and I just stopped when I realized that was the tone and it was just going to try and find ways to push the line a bit further with each arc.

The entire series, TV series and all. It's simply not good enough to bother with the headaches and overly melodramatic plot.

Madoka went to fulfill a higher purpose, and Homura would be together with Madoka at the end.
We need to see more
Homura acted selfishly, but maybe her way is actually better?
With the end of the movie Madoka, Sayaka and Nagisa are all alive and can potentially be happy, and as long as their are no witches the world is a slightly better place for the time being
(as far as within the movie context goes)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Ginga e Kickoff!! 01

http://i.imgur.com/zkQ2jpLl.jpg

Oddly enough I actually don't think I watched a football series yet.

This was pretty enjoyable. Hyperactive lead, level head girl, must rebuild team, a good start to a sports series. I like the energy and it definitely feels less shounen sports action and more something else.
KOBAYASHI LIVES

Madoka went to fulfill a higher purpose, and Homura would be together with Madoka at the end.
The movie trilogy is literally pointless without the ending we got.

---

I don't know who is still watching Kindaichi R, but the ending of the first arc was so hilariously SHOCKING. It feels very much of a time, compared to say, the CSIs of the world.

Zeppeli

Banned

Not sure how
or
makes sense.

Just roll with it. Once they
abandon the DIO arc in favour of part 4, things look way the hell up

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
The entire series, TV series and all. It's simply not good enough to bother with the headaches and overly melodramatic plot.

It did feel sort of like a one trick pony in that sense. I've watched much darker series that felt complex enough to compel me to continue despite knowing the best ending I could hope for was a grey one.

Zeppeli

Banned
It did feel sort of like a one trick pony in that sense. I've watched much darker series that felt complex enough to compel me to continue despite knowing the best ending I could hope for was a grey one.

And in the end of it all for Madoka,
it was just Homura being a selfish bitch that wanted Madoka to live a better life rather than just continuing on

screw this its 2am, i dont want to watch this right now. too much thinking feeling.

ibhZRU0APByu32.gif

sleep time (and props to whoever guesses where this gif is from because i forgot)

Jex

The movie trilogy is literally pointless without the ending we got.

But wasn't the point to make money out of a franchise? I mean, wasn't that the point of creating the Madoka series in the first place, to make money? When it blew up and became far more successful than their wildest dreams I'm sure they were kicking themselves for making the TV ending so conclusive.

Zeppeli

Banned
But wasn't the point to make money out of a franchise? I mean, wasn't that the point of creating the Madoka series in the first place, to make money? When it blew up and became far more successful than their wildest dreams I'm sure they were kicking themselves for making the TV ending so conclusive.

no they blessed us with wide moe lolis out of the kindness of their hearts!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
And now they can literally do anything!

fertygo

Not sure how
or
makes sense.

Because Araki not had idea to just slap random bad name back then before halfway at least.

More serious answer
enemy commander that giving stand is also well versed to Tarot.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Not at all. It would just be an elaboration on the TV ending.
See, it would have only been a pointless cash-in if all it ended up being was Rebuild of Evangelion. They even added their own Mari.

But the ending at least makes a case for it existing as a text all on its own. It's one of the rare examples of a fanwank reboot retcon actually working as intended and adding to a franchise.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Madoka Rebellion

A good movie, until the worst fucking twist ending I've ever goddamn seen. A fucking travesty and a shit movie. Two fucking hours of my life wasted on that steaming pile of festering shit. Proof that god doesn't exist, because a benevolent god wouldn't let this movie see the light of day.

I think this was my reaction toward Gunsmith Cats Burst.

Jex

See, it would have only been a pointless cash-in if all it ended up being was Rebuild of Evangelion. They even added their own Mari.

But the ending at least makes a case for it existing as a text all on its own. It's one of the rare examples of a fanwank reboot retcon actually working as intended and adding to a franchise.

Rebuild isn't over yet!

CorvoSol

Yamato 5

Holy shit. The Wave Motion Gun can destroy fucking Pluto. And you want to run a stupid bombing run? That's not what you do. You call those bastards on Pluto, tell them to surrender the planet under threat of Holy Shit this Gun can Blow Up Pluto, and if they stay, you fucking blow up Pluto. This isn't a peace mission, Cap'n. These fuckers wrecked Earth. I don't give two shits if Minmay or Hikaru want to make peace/love to the Zentradi. You can fuck these bitches up. That WMG is obscene, dude. That's some fucking Gunbuster weaponry there.

Yamato drinking game: every time you see a female crew member who isn't ridiculously attractive take a shot. Game recommended for designated drivers only.

Oh hi I am an accountant and in perfect physical condition and also I am an ace pilot. Nothing about me strains credulity!

Branduil

Yamato 5

Holy shit. The Wave Motion Gun can destroy fucking Pluto. And you want to run a stupid bombing run? That's not what you do. You call those bastards on Pluto, tell them to surrender the planet under threat of Holy Shit this Gun can Blow Up Pluto, and if they stay, you fucking blow up Pluto. This isn't a peace mission, Cap'n. These fuckers wrecked Earth. I don't give two shits if Minmay or Hikaru want to make peace/love to the Zentradi. You can fuck these bitches up. That WMG is obscene, dude. That's some fucking Gunbuster weaponry there.

Finally, a mancrowraven after my own heart.

Jex

First you guys say Pluto isn't a real planet, now you want to blow her up throwing unprecedented debris throughout the solar system. So mean.

Erigu

[Puella Magi Madoka Magica]
I really don't get how its possible to hate the twist so much,
do you seriously want the franchise to end with the "not actually good end" of the series?
At least the movie tried something new and interesting.
The ending of the series
Madoka became a god. leaving her friends, family,etc but in the end the world was still fucked up. All that shit and god like power but what did it accomplish
Nothing wrong with
bittersweet
Just watched the movie last week, and one of the things that bothered/amused me the most was
how it's really all Homura's fault for telling her story to Kyubey at the end of the series. How silly.

CorvoSol

First you guys say Pluto isn't a real planet, now you want to blow her up throwing unprecedented debris throughout the solar system. So mean.

Like any of that can fuck the Earth up any more than a base actively launching debris at it would. There appear to be at most 30-40 pilots on this boat. We can't afford to waste fighters in a fight we could win via threat or overwhelming force. This is a terrible tactical decision. Nearly as bad as sending the chief tactical officer into combat himself.

Zeppeli

Banned
Like any of that can fuck the Earth up any more than a base actively launching debris at it would. There appear to be at most 30-40 pilots on this boat. We can't afford to waste fighters in a fight we could win via threat or overwhelming force. This is a terrible tactical decision. Nearly as bad as sending the chief tactical officer into combat himself.

Are the odds of survival 0%?

CorvoSol

Are the odds of survival 0%?

The chance of losing a pilot by deploying him in a raid is significantly higher than the chance is when blowing the enemy base to kingdom come. Not only are the Gamilans more numerous than the humans, they're technically better equipped, too, since they're winning this war.

But rather than take that amazing ace and saying "HEY GET THE FUCK OUT OF OUR SOLAR SYSTEM OR WE WILL BLOW YOU THE FUCK UP" for some reason we're gonna waste what few human lives are left for a piece of rock that couldn't help mankind anyway. I'm all for preserving the environment, but this is total war. You can't afford to pull punches right now.

Jex

Yes, I'm SURE Rebuild 4.0 will turn it all around!

#gottahavefaith
The chance of losing a pilot by deploying him in a raid is significantly higher than the chance is when blowing the enemy base to kingdom come. Not only are the Gamilans more numerous than the humans, they're technically better equipped, too, since they're winning this war.

But rather than take that amazing ace and saying "HEY GET THE FUCK OUT OF OUR SOLAR SYSTEM OR WE WILL BLOW YOU THE FUCK UP" for some reason we're gonna waste what few human lives are left for a piece of rock that couldn't help mankind anyway. I'm all for preserving the environment, but this is total war. You can't afford to pull punches right now.

#becomingthemonsteryou'retryingtofight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom