• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midonin

Well she is Gokai Yellow of Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger after all and a former gravure idol lol. So acting is natural for her.
I meant the accent she was putting on for Kazumi. It sounded very Ueda-like.

One Week Friends 04

So that's what the fight was about. The diary is a physical thing, so it'll have its share of problems that comes with that, but in the end, the diary was inside her all along. Or something like that. It's cute seeing her getting better at remembering things. And the atmosphere continues to be really engaging. I'm looking forward to the new girl joining their circle next week, and what her relation is to all of this. Maybe they'll get to see the seal eventually.

cnet128

Banned
If anyone has a bit lot of extra time, would they be willing to help translate this adorable board-game-style insert that comes with Mikakunin vol.3?

Or at the very least, the spaces with Kobeni, Benio, and Mashiro next to them.

mikakuninboardgamenbqks.jpg

Good job posting this immediately after I went to sleep >.> I wouldn't really say I have a lot of extra time, but this doesn't look like it should take long, so here you go!

START <(Go Fight Win!! Sugoroku Party!)
v
Be a hero until your next turn
v
Do an impression of Terui Haruka
v
Roll the dice again and proceed that number of spaces
v
Act drunk until your next turn&#9825;
v
Do your favourite impression
v
Miss a turn
v
Only proceed when you roll an even number
v
Be a &#8220;bad guy&#8221; until your next turn
v
Do an impression of Matsui Eriko
v
Be a UMA until your next turn
v
Do a &#8220;boke&#8221;...
v
Act madly in love with the person to your right until your next turn
v
Everyone but you goes forward two spaces
v
Use a sexy voice until your next turn
v
Roll the dice again and go back that number of spaces
v
Balance a satsuma on your head until your next turn!
v
Do an impression of Yoshida Yuuri
v
&#8220;Gu! Gu!&#8221; Party [seems to be a reference to the Mikakunin talk show on NicoNico, where &#8220;Gu!&#8221; is a catchphrase. Unless that itself is a reference to something that I&#8217;m not aware of...]
v
Attacked by a kappa! Go back to the start
v
Wear weird glasses until your next turn!!
v
Everyone but you goes back three spaces
v
Keep praising the person to your left until your next turn
v
Give a message to the Mideshimin [Mikakunin fans]! (in the style of a new bride)
v
Dance of Happiness
v
GOAL!

The best thing to come out of the Nichijou adaption were the character singles

Hmmmmm. On the one hand, Nichijou is the greatest anime ever and so this claim is ridiculous. On the other hand, SAME SAME SAME INU INU INU.

I'll have to think about it =p

&#12408;, then &#12398;, then &#12433;. What a totally consistent alphabet!

Well, considering each hiragana is originally a simplified form of a random kanji that happens to have the right sound, I wouldn't expect much in the way of "consistency". Really, it's a miracle that things like &#12427; and &#12429; or &#12399; and &#12411; are so appropriately similar! Of course, I love them all anyway.

(Relevant chart)

I'm having trouble figuring out what context would inspire you to list &#12408;, &#12398; and &#12433; in that order, though&#8230;

Narag

Mahouka

Errr.. the dialogue in the end implying Discrimination is not wrong? wut

I think familiarity with the novel's world and how integrated magic is into society would give perspective here. Myself, I took it as the equivalent of terrorists trying to get rid of a public utility like electricity or something under the pretense of if everyone can't use it, no one can further under the guise of some class struggle.

Ginga e Kickoff!! 01

http://i.imgur.com/zkQ2jpLl.jpg[/IM]

Oddly enough I actually don't think I watched a football series yet.

This was pretty enjoyable. Hyperactive lead, level head girl, must rebuild team, a good start to a sports series. I like the energy and it definitely feels less shounen sports action and more something else.[/QUOTE]

whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa! I miss my weekly time with the Furuya's and that whoa song, good soccer show to be number one in ginga.

You know the Ono sensei counselor that was shown in the anime is completely different from the manga.
Ono_Haruka.png

R0iQXPc.jpg

How could they do this she looks so much better in the manga and her bust size. Why MadHouse.
Yep it's a shame, fortunatly , she is not that important Now, so they have time to correct this scene later...

Mahouka

Dialogue implies that discrimination is part of society. He does implies that "egalité" and by extension "blanche" are wrong because they rely on emotion and not logic as the driving force behind their actions.
And he clearly state that "blanche" are wrong because all they do is to take advantage of those emotions for their own agenda

Sailor Moon Crystal character art:

seiyuu:

Jupiter: Koshimizu Ami
Venus: Itou Shizuka
AW YISS.
Having seen like 6 episodes of KLK, this casting makes perfect sense.

(Should have been Kobayashi. Or Sawashiro.)
Well Miyukichi should voice anyone at any time for any reason, but AmiKoshi da hnnnnnnnnnng.
Eagerly awaiting VA crossover art.
AmiKoshi and Itou voiced Strike Witches, gimme the Shirley and Hanna in sailor uniforms!

You know the Ono sensei counselor that was shown in the anime is completely different from the manga.
http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130502230113/mahouka-koukou-no-rettousei/images/3/36/Ono_Haruka.png[/ig]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/R0iQXPc.jpg?1[/im]

How could they do this she looks so much better in the manga and her bust size. Why MadHouse.[/QUOTE]

I felt that both the manga and anime gave a terrible take for her character based on the novel. The anime also just threw her character there for no clear reason at all and I think if the scene was removed then story wouldnt have been affected with how they are doing it. She also looks pretty terribly drawn reminding me of the one from MJPR.

cajunator

Banned
wait why doesn't homura have a mahou shoujo outfit.

these henshins are adorbs.

ill sleep for reals.

Yeah they probably blew half the budget on that scene but it was worthy.
Shaft can really bring the moe sometimes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5LElJe7E0U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVbUttIfzzk

The contrast between the first Cutie Honey OP and the newer one is pretty crazy. NSFW is a fair bet, no actual nudity but kind of lewd.

Ive always loved that OP but I have never watched Cutie Honey or RE: I should fix this.

Sailor Moon Crystal character art:

seiyuu:

Mercury: Kanemoto Hisako
Mars: Satou Rina
Jupiter: Koshimizu Ami
Venus: Itou Shizuka
Moon: Mitsuishi Kotono

Mitsuishi's the only one reprising her original role, but the others that I'm familiar with sound like great fits.

They look like the manga! Im ok with this.
Venus da best.

Shaft > Toei.

Naturally this would be the case!

Started watching AnoHana cause I couldnt sleep and got up to ep 4 so far and --

Episode 4

HAHAH WHAT THE FUUUUUUCCCCKKKKKKKKKK

Holy shit lol What the hell

The show definitely has heart, it just doesnt have much brains.

I felt that both the manga and anime gave a terrible take for her character based on the novel. The anime also just threw her character there for no clear reason at all and I think if the scene was removed then story wouldnt have been affected with how they are doing it. She also looks pretty terribly drawn reminding me of the one from MJPR.

Well you can't remove this scene ... otherwise the later scene in book 3 wouldn't make sense at all .
Yes her introduction is weird , but that's how she was introduced in the first place ... It's afterwards that you're supposed to think , "oh that councelor woman ? well ..."
I actually think they have did everything properly in this scene , including her attempt to throw tatsuya off ( that didn't work at all because ..well you and i know why ) . I think it's not fair to say that it's a terrible take on her character ... why ? because her character starts to have revelance later.

If she was introduced later then it would have dumbed down her by quite a margin , especially considering how many mahouka characters they will have to manage at that point.

Well you can't remove this scene ... otherwise the later scene in book 3 wouldn't make sense at all .
Yes her introduction is weird , but that's how she was introduced in the first place ... It's afterwards that you're supposed to think , "oh that councelor woman ? well ..."
I actually think they have did everything properly in this scene , including her attempt to throw tatsuya off ( that didn't work at all because ..well you and i know why ) . I think it's not fair to say that it's a terrible take on her character ... why ? because her character starts to have revelance later.

If she was introduced later then it would have dumbed down her by quite a margin , especially considering how many mahouka characters they will have to manage

I guess I was speaking more in terms of the anime could have removed or handled this scene better instead of just saying in terms of the novels that it could be removed, i think in the book because it was longer and more expansive that it made sense but here it seemed just odd, not to mention the overly fanservicy moments kind of took attention away from what the scene may have been trying to establish.

Oh well, will recheck it out in the context of the entire arc once the arc is done and marathon it through.

Mahouka

The way Tatsuya says it is that if the people who aren't strong in magic use the excuse of equality.Then become blinded and try to completely change the system of creating top magicians for selfish reasons. Through those reasons they don't realize they are being manipulated by organizations like Blanche. Who has a perpetrator in the background that uses this excuse of equality in order to break down the military power of magicians for the country. Which will lead to an invasion of the country. And during this time magicians are held high since they are sole military power for nations, and if one nation loses it's power it will likely be invaded. Though discrimination is wrong you have to look in a wider perspective in that others may use those issues, in order to gain an advantage for manipulation through their emotions.

Fixed

duckroll

The way Tatsuya says it is that if the people who aren't strong in magic use the excuse of equality and become blinded and try to completely change the system of creating top magicians for selfish reasons, don't realize they are being manipulated by organizations like Blanche who has a perpetrator in the background that uses this excuse of equality in order to break down the military power of magicians for the country, which will lead to a invasion of an other country. And during this time magicians are held high since they are sole military power for nations, and if one nation loses it's power it will likely be invaded. Though discrimination is wrong you have to look in a wider perspective in that others may use those issues in order to gain an advantage for manipulation.

I think this is the most contrived set of run-on sentences I've read in a long time. Lolz.

Acosta

Ping Pong is not doing much for me :(

This is highly personal and has nothing to do with the quality of the series. It´s interesting to watch, it has a fantastic style, but I'm not seeing any emotion. I guess that part of it is having a main character so purposely bland, it´s hard to transmit passion when your main character has none. I'm not getting interested on him, it´s like his attitude of not wanting to get attention stops my own interest on seeing how he develops.

I think other problem is my lack of interest in Ping Pong itself. So far I am not getting pumped seeing any match. The most interesting was in Ep2 against the teacher, when he "transformed".

I will keep watching, but I can't say I'm as excited for it as some of you. It's weird knowing you are seeing a very high quality series but not enjoying it that much.

(I dislike the OP too, annoying song and way too long).

cajunator

Banned
Just going to drop Yamato. Not really feeling the bad CGI and I'm not allowed to say anything fun about the show's scenario. Probably will elect to never watch shows AnimeGAF votes number 1 in the future, either. I think it's for the best, really. I mean best case scenario would be to stop watching anime, but you win some you lose some.

Its oky Corvy kun I still loves you *squeezes Corvy

Maoyu 1-12 END

This show was a surprise for me. I was just browsing crunchyroll looking for a new show to watch -- and I decided to check out the first few mins of Maoyu. Man was I surprised to find out it comes from the Spice and Wolf staff -- even the actors. And it also has a lot of world building with a focus on the economy and how the world operates. I didn't like the show immediately but half way through I was thoroughly enjoying it. Needs a second season, but I'm not sure if it will happen. Can only hope.

Maoyu isnt a bad show but it was a victim of high expectations because of Spice and Wolf. It couldnt ever hope to live up to that kind of hype. that said, its worth your time I think but dont expect anything life changing. Demon girl is a charmer though.

daimidaler 3

See, all the penguins need is some fine caressing and front tail polishing from an obsessive penguin fetishist with a weird hang up of referring to herself as "we." Maybe there's some split personality lurking underneath the surface just waiting to burst out and put an end to the conflict with an orgy of highly concentrated Hi-EROs?! Only time will tell!

What in the hell? This looks amazing for some reason.
Pantsu on melons? There must be an explanation...

Eagerly awaiting VA crossover art.

Me too!

Brynhildr in the Darkness 04

You get this

Then this

Then this

In less than 24 mins,how i can complaint with that

What on earth happened here?
Why is he banned? I must have missed something..

Brynhildr 4
Hahaha. Put this on the list already. This is comedy gold.

So people melt? Interesting. ALso, this reminds me of a dream I had once with aliens disguised as tupperware but thats a story for another day.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance

This is highly personal and has nothing to do with the quality of the series. It´s interesting to watch, it has a fantastic style, but I'm not seeing any emotion. I guess that part of it is having a main character so purposely bland, it´s hard to transmit passion when your main character has none. I'm not getting interested on him, it´s like his attitude of not wanting to get attention stops my own interest on seeing how he develops.

I think other problem is my lack of interest in Ping Pong itself. So far I am not getting pumped seeing any match. The most interesting was in Ep2 against the teacher, when he "transformed".

I will keep watching, but I can't say I'm as excited for it as some of you. It's weird knowing you are seeing a very high quality series but not enjoying it that much.

I think something like Ace No Diamond might be more what you are looking for, quite a bit of excitement and the love of the game and assorted tropes located there.

Hapiness charge Precure - 13
HappinessCharge%20Precure%21%20-%2013.jpg

Cast enjoying themselves. Note that seiji doesn't have any cake left.
Hum so well ..

This is the second time i'm watching this episode and i still like it.

I mean Cure lovely was
firing beam from here eyes like a marvel cyclope
, hime was doing hime things in front of Tv and yuu was eating cake.

So how could you make this episode EVEN BETTER ... You put a lot of action in it , so much action in fact that toei clearly struggled to finish this episode since the camera angles were quite weird in those last scene... i can bet you that they couldn't finish this ep in time.

So yeah action , lots of action in fact As we are introduced to Phantom , a badass and very overpowered Precure HUNTER and a LOT OF Plot things , about Mirage , kami-sama and cure fortune past ..man what a mess ! If this were Dokidoki precure, it could have been solved by aida mana doing a "mana" moment , but hapiness charge is much more grounded , so a fist fight is necessary , Add in a temporary teamwork and nicely animation when it counts and you have ONE HELL OF A GREAT EPISODE.
1398608683614.gif

Flying rocket punches !!! I love it !
In summary :
HIme was doing hime-things
Yuu was eating cake
Lovely was doing something a main character would do
Fortune was angry , thankfull , tsundere ... Her reversal when she will join the team is something i would look forward to.
Mirage past was predictable
Phantom was quite cool as a vilain

WHERE IS NEXT EPISODE ? NEXT WEEK ? NOooooooooooo

cajunator

Banned
Ono_Haruka.png

R0iQXPc.jpg

How could they do this she looks so much better in the manga and her bust size. Why MadHouse.

Yeah thats a downgrade. Still cute though.

Good job posting this immediately after I went to sleep >.> I wouldn't really say I have a lot of extra time, but this doesn't look like it should take long, so here you go!

Hmmmmm. On the one hand, Nichijou is the greatest anime ever and so this claim is ridiculous. On the other hand, SAME SAME SAME INU INU INU.

I'll have to think about it =p

Well, considering each hiragana is originally a simplified form of a random kanji that happens to have the right sound, I wouldn't expect much in the way of "consistency". Really, it's a miracle that things like &#12427; and &#12429; or &#12399; and &#12411; are so appropriately similar! Of course, I love them all anyway.

(Relevant chart)

I'm having trouble figuring out what context would inspire you to list &#12408;, &#12398; and &#12433; in that order, though…

Sometimes I wish I wasnt such a fucking idiot so I could understand japanese.

He got Chickdiggered. :cdig

someone pm me the picture. I gotta see this.

Acosta

I think something like Ace No Diamond might be more what you are looking for, quite a bit of excitement and the love of the game and assorted tropes located there.

I see, thanks, I may do it.

Actually, Ping Pong has made me curious to watch some sport anime. So far I have seen Tsubasa and Dodge Danpei (ages, ages ago, those were my first contact with anime among Dragon ball and Saint Seiya). I was thinking in Slam Dunk or Eyeshield 21.

Kurita said:
Fighting words

hahaha, sorry!

duckroll

Ping Pong is less of a "sports action" series and much more of a character study. It's definitely not about getting people hyped for anything, or excitement in awesome matches because people want to win. It's about people who play the sport, their individual personalities, why they play, what they like, what the hate, and how the sport changes their lives along the way. Approaching this from the perspective of wanting to see people do cool things and be awesome will only lead to total disappointment.

If you want to see something this season about sports players getting hyped and being all intense about winning and getting better, try Haikyu. It's pretty great too.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Character dramas get me hyped as fuck tho.

cajunator

Banned
Once that was a fellow animegaf member named chickdigger who keeps getting himself banned because of extreme lewd images. He is still around but refraining himself from entering animegaf threads.

He was sighted 4 pages ago. His moenuke avatar stands out.

Acosta

Ping Pong is less of a "sports action" series and much more of a character study. It's definitely not about getting people hyped for anything, or excitement in awesome matches because people want to win. It's about people who play the sport, their individual personalities, why they play, what they like, what the hate, and how the sport changes their lives along the way. Approaching this from the perspective of wanting to see people do cool things and be awesome will only lead to total disappointment.

If you want to see something this season about sports players getting hyped and being all intense about winning and getting better, try Haikyu. It's pretty great too.

Yes, you are right.

Just to develop a little more, there is something about the main character that annoyed me. That line about "it´s nonsense to stake your life on table tennis". I was wondering who was him, a guy that is just "wasting time until he dies" to say something as disrespectful.

I'm not going to hide it, not being a show about "wanting to win and doing cool things and be awesome" puts me off, which I understand it may be a quite simplistic argument for me to make. But other part is my lack of interest in the main character, the way he thinks or his attitude in general, it´s really depressing to watch to me.

Thanks for the tip, I may give Haikyu a watch too, I had read some nice stuff about it in the thread.

The World is Still Beautifu - Soredemowhatever 4

Mmm should I drop it? Characters are getting stuck on their simplicity, the bad guys are baaad guys and don't even try to be subtle, the direction is mediocre and the music choices for scenes is awful (it's not only Tender Rain, in this ep I noticed how the music really was actually making worse two scenes)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom