• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgminto

Baby Steps 4
ixEl8v0Fedhkq.png

I need more English guy in my life! He's the best character in the show BY FAR!!! Fuck Ei-chan, this show should be about English guy playing tennis.

To see this much hate for this movie tells me not to watch it and pretend it didn't exist.
This movie is good , at least it's something people talk about , yeah opinion differs but at least it leaves nobody without an opinion.
So make your own opinion
Proof people have bad taste.
Proof that bad taste doesn't exist , just different tastes.

I liked the ending in the original series. It exemplifies maintaining hope and idealism even in a truly rotten world.

The movie twist is nonsensical, out of character, and confusing.
The movie twist is anything but out of character, in the Tv serie, she suffered countless times trying to protect madoka , to the point that finally she broke and you think this move of "giving up" would have been more in character ? i doubt it..

The chance of losing a pilot by deploying him in a raid is significantly higher than the chance is when blowing the enemy base to kingdom come. Not only are the Gamilans more numerous than the humans, they're technically better equipped, too, since they're winning this war.

But rather than take that amazing ace and saying "HEY GET THE FUCK OUT OF OUR SOLAR SYSTEM OR WE WILL BLOW YOU THE FUCK UP" for some reason we're gonna waste what few human lives are left for a piece of rock that couldn't help mankind anyway. I'm all for preserving the environment, but this is total war. You can't afford to pull punches right now.

You sure could've fooled me, what with it having a gun designed to commit genocide on a galactic scale. And that tech for quick travel anywhere in the galaxy. And its first mission being to run right out and attack an enemy base.

It's also extremely disappointing that the Wave Motion Gun can blow up a fucking planet but the Wave Motion Shield can't repel shit.
Are you missing the part where they can only build one yamato-like ship and that the main purpose of this trip is to find a way to survive ?
You are Flint Asuno.

You have become what you despise.
Indeed , Corvo became flit asuno ... after so many comments about him , he didn't even realise that what he became.
///Proof that gundam age was actually realist !/// Noooooooooo
Here's my problem: the Yamato sure as fuck isn't behaving at all the way you guys are selling it as. It has a gun capable of destroying planets "for self defense" yet Humankind hasn't bothered using that power to bluff or threaten the Gamilas in any way. It's supposed to be in a hurry, but it stops for a little picnic at Pluto. Humanity is supposed to be desperate, but they're pulling all their punches.

It's all very contradictory, and honestly if I'd known you were all going to be so upset when I suggested using a Death Star like a Death Star I'd have not bothered posting.
1 Ship against a MASSIVE ARMY ? Sure ..... let's do it !
Maoyu 1-12 END

This show was a surprise for me. I was just browsing crunchyroll looking for a new show to watch -- and I decided to check out the first few mins of Maoyu. Man was I surprised to find out it comes from the Spice and Wolf staff -- even the actors. And it also has a lot of world building with a focus on the economy and how the world operates. I didn't like the show immediately but half way through I was thoroughly enjoying it. Needs a second season, but I'm not sure if it will happen. Can only hope.

Need a second season , badly ... The arc after this one ended is godly..it's a shame that so many didn't understand all the underlying concepts that this anime provided... it was not meant to be a new spice and wolf , it was something different.
Second arc is mainly focused on the demon world politics , while the first part ( what the anime covered ) was on the human world side of things .. Maoyu is soo good.
Too bad about some of the CG effects

duckroll

Latro in Highschool - Episode 3

XQCzPfZ.jpg

This is dresden the unbeliever.

I like that the show is really reserved, but I'm really curious how they'll actually stretch this through 12 episodes. In a way the way the premise works, it almost feels like a 4koma manga of sorts. The show is certainly hinting towards the amnesia being psychological rather than some sort of physical ailment though. I would actually prefer the topic not to be touched as much because I think I dislike the potential for drama, but the show seems to be handling the relationships in a really subtle way, so it could probably be fine either way. Those eggs looked really good though. Mmm.

I like that the show is really reserved, but I'm really curious how they'll actually stretch this through 12 episodes. In a way the way the premise works, it almost feels like a 4koma manga of sorts. The show is certainly hinting towards the amnesia being psychological rather than some sort of physical ailment though. I would actually prefer the topic not to be touched as much because I think I dislike the potential for drama, but the show seems to be handling the relationships in a really subtle way, so it could probably be fine either way. Those eggs looked really good though. Mmm.

I'm a bit worried of what will happen with the anime, as the manga isn't finished so... will they make up an end?

duckroll

Dunno if anyone mentioned this yesterday, but the Watanabe/Kanno noitaminA show is getting an OST release on July 9, possibly before the show even starts on noitaminA: http://terror-in-tokyo.com/ost/

It's pretty weird, but I guess they're really desperate on cashing in on Kanno's music. The show will start on either July 3 or July 10. It hasn't been confirmed yet. We'll probably get more details about it in a couple of weeks when they start teasing the noitaminA shows for next season on the current time slot.

Jarmel

Banned
Dunno if anyone mentioned this yesterday, but the Watanabe/Kanno noitaminA show is getting an OST release on July 9, possibly before the show even starts on noitaminA: http://terror-in-tokyo.com/ost/

It's pretty weird, but I guess they're really desperate on cashing in on Kanno's music. The show will start on either July 3 or July 10. It hasn't been confirmed yet. We'll probably get more details about it in a couple of weeks when they start teasing the noitaminA shows for next season on the current time slot.

Are there any animators possibly attached to the project?

duckroll

Are there any animators possibly attached to the project?

Kazuto Nakazawa and Takashi Hashimoto are both on the show I think. There should be some pretty nice scenes here and there, but I doubt it's a high budget production. It's MAPPA and noitaminA, so I'll expect it to look a lot like Kids on the Slope, except with more explosions instead of piano playing.

Andrew J.

I'm not going to weigh in on any comparison between the two movies because I haven't seen Up on Poppy Hill but that isn't a line of argument that makes any sense.

That's fine, because it's a joke, not a line of argument, made in response to other jokes that weren't arguments.

I explained my reasoning in the original post. If anyone cared to actually engage with that, I would do the same in response.

survivor

Banned
Haikyuu 4
cEKm0eU.png

reaction faces are still pretty funny in this show
Man this is getting worse each episode, at some point during all the motivational speech I just lost interest in seeing how Hinata will defy all odds and receive the King's toss. Pacing has been pretty bad too, hopefully other matches aren't gonna end up being 3-4 episodes long.

Ace of the Diamond 29
This show hasn't missed a beat after that recap episode. Shun and Sawamura's debut are making this game real compelling. All that build up earlier in the show is paying off and the show is the best it's ever been. Right now it's far more interesting than the other shonen sports anime airing.

Acosta

Shu is definitely the best character in Nisekoi, he really needs his own series:

I don't know what to think of Nisekoi anymore, I'm at the point of being curious about what is going to happen, but it's all so convulsed and It´s a shame all the series is so centered about the romance and the promise (I guess it´s the point of it, but dunno, I would like to see more variety of situations).

One thing I loved from Tokyo Raven is that the characters looked like a real group of friends. The slice of life moments of that series were fantastic IMO, even if that wasn't exactly its focus. I think Nisekoi would be better letting other characters shine more.

Narag

Ping Pong 3
5I1cIull.jpg

Looks like it's straight out of a war movie which I guess illustrates how seriously this school takes their ping pong.

lrNe1A0l.png
BPIiZykl.png

6ctooUcl.png
OXntnvQl.png

Bit immediately after the OP was so great. Liked how dynamic everything was and how it dropped me directly into things.

Another great ep, loved the heavier panel use this time around, aoty, etc

Link Man

Banned
Anohana 1

So, Bridge to Terabithia meets Welcome to the NHK?

I kid, but this seems like it'll be an interesting drama. Looks like it'll focus on repairing broken relationships.

Branduil

Probably because the source is a 4koma manga. At least some of the time.

Midonin

Brynhildr 04

Mao Ichimichi can sound convincingly like Kana Ueda when acting like she is for Kasumi. The tonal shifts were as extreme as always - the abovementioned gory battle going to hot springs fanservice and right back - but the idea that the witches may be possessed by some sort of multi-eyed alien thing is an interesting prospect. I hope this is elaborated on at least somewhat.

Narag

Rowdy Sumo Wrestler Matsutaro 4

EPmLo8Dl.png

70s waifus best waifus

Matsustaro still something of a comical dick but it's less malicious and far more guileless this ep. Seems like Minami's adoration of sumo wrestling is going to push him harder into it. Wondered what would finally force the issue past being in the same city.

Kurita

Haikyuu 4

Man this is getting worse each episode, at some point during all the motivational speech I just lost interest in seeing how Hinata will defy all odds and receive the King's toss. Pacing has been pretty bad too, hopefully other matches aren't gonna end up being 3-4 episodes long.
I have some bad news for you...
Some matches can be quite long in the manga and I highly doubt they can adapt them in 2 episodes.

It could have but I think how it ended fits well with the tone of the series. Its not a happy show and everything doesnt have a nice outcome. The show even hinted at such an outcome.

My problem with Madoka Rebellion's ending is that
it's not an ending at all! It's a to be continued! A good ending ties up all loose ends and leaves no room for any potential sequels. Hence the term, ENDING. A bad ending ends on a cliff-hanger with the developer saying "WE HAVE NO PLANS FOR SEQUELS AS OF NOW." That is what Madoka Rebellion is. The fact that the bomb that Madoka will get her memories back and will eventually fight against Homura gets dropped at the very end shows that this story isn't over yet.

That's not to say you can't have good open-ended endings! The ending of the series was a great ending! It left some things open, sure. But those facts can be left to the viewer to interpret on his/her own without damaging the overall plot as to what happened. It was open-ended, but it felt conclusive.

Madoka Rebellion does not feel conclusive. At some point Madoka's gonna wake up and she and Homura are gonna have one big galactic sized final battle until they can talk to each other and sort this shit out.

Massive passive aggressive snits are my forte, though! If I cannot force this thread to focus all of its attention on me me me, then what am I truly left with in the end?

It's true! This is why I'm enjoying his Clannad impressions so far despite him not liking the show!

Corvo impressions are the best thing about AnimeGAF! Hell, his Code Geass impressions were the reason I became a regular on AnimeGAF in the first place!

fertygo

Ace of the Diamond - 29

Basileus already using pic that I wanted to use, btw Shun is awesome opponent, this turned out being Oofuri + extra clutch factor focus, aw yiss.. Other sport show been entertaining but for now this show in more exciting phase.

Narag

Mahouka 4

Running incest gag is getting more and more amusing as reluctant as I am to admit that. Otherwise this was anime as anime can be, nothing really remarkable, good or bad, aside from the male gaze stuff on the counselour and the bit below:

This was strange as it was just one on one with the girl and the MC. Looked like one might expect a restaurant scene to be but, I suppose for the sake of self-insertion, the camera switched to the MC's POV as he commented on the girl being a beautiful kendo girl, resulting in her embarrassment looking like it fell out of a dating game or some shit.

Theonik

This was strange as it was just one on one with the girl and the MC. Looked like one might expect a restaurant scene to be but, I suppose for the sake of self-insertion, the camera switched to the MC's POV as he commented on the girl being a beautiful kendo girl, resulting in her embarrassment looking like it fell out of a dating game or some shit.
This looks like it was taken straight out of a VN.

Mahouka 4

Running incest gag is getting more and more amusing as reluctant as I am to admit that. Otherwise this was anime as anime can be, nothing really remarkable, good or bad, aside from the male gaze stuff on the counselour and the bit below:

You know the Ono sensei counselor that was shown in the anime is completely different from the manga.
Ono_Haruka.png

R0iQXPc.jpg

How could they do this she looks so much better in the manga and her bust size. Why MadHouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom