• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeppeli

Banned
Nisekoi Episode 16

This episode was nice and relaxed. Not as much bullshit drama as before.

Animation was fucking terrible, moreso than the other episodes.

Dresden

cake >>>>>> kawai - 04

Show would be better if the leads weren't in the show.

1wnnnQO.jpg

Perhaps, but there were just too many coincidences that only served to create a conflict. This whole episode just felt manufactured, it didn't feel natural at all to me.

Well, I guess what I'm saying is that I could suspend my disbelief for prior episodes, but this one just went too far.

Not gonna lie the show went a bit too far in my cliche tropes radar this episode. Like

oh no everybody mistakes her being friends with someone else first
oh no the lead is jealous, who could tell
oh no they have a fight, and she loses the one thing that lets her remember her friend
OH NO SHE SAYS SHE CAN ONLY TALK TO THE FRIEND HE'S JEALOUS OF BECAUSE REASONS AND TO CREATE MORE DRAMAAAAAAAAAA
Oh, of course he instantly knows to look for in the river. Let's not mention the river bank can be a lot of distance and any sane person would give up and look somewhere else after an hour or two tops.

The plot is bothering me a bit because I feel it's going to go full Golden Time at one point. If it wasn't for the diabeetus I'd be a bit less satisfied. But there's so much diabeetus

Link Man

Banned
Hidamari Sketch 3

ir1OErylIMFpw.jpg

Yoshinoya-sensei is such a tease.

So this episode we have Buddhist Brutus, white bread, blackface, the reason for Miyako's cheap rent, and the oldest joke in the Japenese jokebook. Fun times were had by all.

cajunator

Banned
one week friends 4 fight between friends

There was a fight between friends... but at least there was a sweet ending :3
ibcoGIG8INUxVg.gif

;_;
Shes sooooooooooo cute. I cant handle this.

nanoha movie 2 is still glorious to watch.

magic circles everywhere.

in9hK015cvKkX.gif

hnnngh.
If ever a show needed to be rereleased on bluray..

first attempt at webm. snazzy stuff, but ill still use gifs until they can somehow work on ios.

http://a.pomf.se/jdtqtz.webm

Loads well on my S4.

jgminto

Say "I love you" Episode 1

Holy hell this shit is cute

Say "I love you" is pretty good romance. I liked that it wasn't horrible haremshit. The main dude is also hot so that helps. Final episode sucks though. Goes on for one two long and totally ruins the relationship climax.

Zeppeli

Banned
Say "I love you" Episode 2
Finally, a show like this that doesn't spend the entire series building up to an eventual romantic admittance.
Curious to see where it's going to go from here.

Defuser

One week friends ep 4

Man that was a delicious NTR in the middle. I know NTR is for lovers/crush but a friendship NTR? That is a bigger burn.

I don't think I can handle it if something like that happen to me.

wonzo

Banned
Haikyuu!! 4

haikyuu4.jpg

this is starting to get chihayafuru'd pretty hard but god it was worth it to see that lanky blonde shithead legit shook for once

Up to page 129 now and I just realized I didn't deliver my Anohana Series Review. I am going to get on that.

Also, #TeamOnodera. People who hate her are monsters.

I've finished all the Clannad location visit posts on my blog:
http://mikehattsu.blogspot.com/search/label/clannad

Also put up a post for the School Days train station:
http://mikehattsu.blogspot.com/2014/04/school-days-train-station.html

...which I found out only looks like this in the VN and not in the anime when I tried to get some screencaps. D'oh!

Yes!!!!!

I will get right on this. I was waiting for this post. Can't wait to see all the places that inspired Clannad. :)

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Just look at this character description:
Kosaki Onodera
She is one of the main characters in the manga series Nisekoi. She is shown to have a crush on Raku Ichijou, the male protagonist of Nisekoi, and is also the only girl that Ichijou openly has feelings for.

Onodera is discreet, innocent, and slightly timid. She is very kind, she takes care of Ichijou when he is wounded or ill. Generally, she opts to think carefully before acting, as seen when she stalls her confession to Ichijou in consideration that he may have feelings for Kirisaki.

In confrontation with Ichijou, Onodera displays inconfidence, initially needing encouragement from Miyamoto to attempt confessing her love.

Onodera works well with her classmates, possessing close friends and being the most popular girl for the boys before Kirisaki transferred and after Kirisaki and Ichijou allegedly began dating.
It's like there is an Inuit boy living living far north in the icy wastelands. He's never seen a girl before, but he just knows that the ideal one would be caring and timid enough that he could easily approach this flawlessly subservient romantic interest.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Love Live 4
Totally cliche as fuck, but they managed to make her -
an interesting/sympathetic character. It felt much like that idolmaster episode where the kugiloli girl meets the twenty siblings that one of the other poor girls have.

Also, this slayed me:
I really shouldn't like this show as much as I do, but it's moments like this that make it actually fun to watch.

And maybe I just never thought of it, or perhaps I already made the connection last time and just forgot about it, but she really is a Mio expy. Down to her cowering. lol

They actually address this in the dub. They say something like: "We're the KKK, but not that KKK".

LOL! I remember that scene and remember laughing way harder then I should have. Probably the reason I ended up watching the whole thing. Shuffle puts you into this weird trance and before you know it your watching the whole series.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Twincest experts in here!

Say "I love you" Episode 2
Finally, a show like this that doesn't spend the entire series building up to an eventual romantic admittance.
Curious to see where it's going to go from here.
It goes good places. It's one of my favourite shoujos anyway.

Say "I love you" Episode 1

Holy hell this shit is cute

It's weird. When I started watching it and started liking it I was like "what is this? Why do I like this? What is going on with me?". By the end I was really in love with the show. Just something endearing about it.

Try being gone for a month. I was an OT behind.

Oh man. I couldn't imagine. I would just skip on ahead. I was just considering that when I got back to the thread but decided that I didn't want to miss anything important. Now I am glad I didn't skip it all. :)

Haha. Thanks for pointing that out. Had I skipped those 20 pages this would've saved me. I am going to check it out right before I go to sleep.

Well that came out of nowhere

I don't remember that scene? Weird.

I only went to 3 places though... I know of at least 4 more, but there was no time and it would have taken more time than I had.

:/

Should've skipped the Haruhi and OreImo stuff. ;P

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Secret best anime of 2013.

But I was worried I'd overplayed the "I'm a fan of the KKK" joke last year so I thought I'd bring back an even older overplayed joke.

And I still won't forgive you for not voting for it even if it never had a chance of winning! :mad:

Jintor

Love Live 4
Totally cliche as fuck, but they managed to make her -

an interesting/sympathetic character. It felt much like that idolmaster episode where the kugiloli girl meets the twenty siblings that one of the other poor girls have.

Nico is portrayed as more than both her idiotic idol persona and her dumb sarcistic selfish persona right from the start. Not that you see too much of it though.

Nico-nico-niiiii~

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Nico is portrayed as more than both her idiotic idol persona and her dumb sarcistic selfish persona right from the start. Not that you see too much of it though.

Nico-nico-niiiii~
Sure, but she was always the one they love to shit on. They even do it at the beginning of the episode, so it was nice to have one about her where she isn't completely destroyed by the other girls. lol

Sending to @NeoGAFNoContext
Wow, that's a real account. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom