• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
She's the best part of Angel Beats.

237AD234532E307D2E15DB

Her ending is the best, easy.

Also: double List-ing is 'fun'

I bet half of you lot walk around with your trousers well below your pants line like unsophisticated folk.

I wear a flight-suit. Why does a skeleton need a flight suit? Now that is the question.

So seeing those Sailor Moon images, I can now guess that their superpowers is to make their skirts shorter. Some even more than others.

On a different note I read some westerner posts today say stuff like "kawaii" and I wanted to die from cringing. No. Only if you say it ironically. Like 'waifu'

Narag

So seeing those Sailor Moon images, I can now guess that their superpowers is to make their skirts shorter. Some even more than others.

On a different note I read some westerner posts today say stuff like "kawaii" and I wanted to die from cringing. No. Only if you say it ironically. Like 'waifu'

Animegaf has taught me the two most important things about anime are the waifus and whoever is best girl. The waifu's waifu if you will.

You know for the half a year or so since I've been here, I have never seen somebody recommend Katanagatari to somebody else either as a watch-bet or a genuine recommendation.

You know for the half a year or so since I've been here, I have never seen somebody recommend Katanagatari to somebody else either as a watch-bet or a genuine recommendation.

People don't know what they are missing. Just watch Katanagatari to see it, there's no reason for a watch-bet.

Only thing I am surprised about is the lack of a legal stream for Katanagatari. I assume it's because the episodes are 50 minutes long?

Narag

People don't know what they are missing. Just watch Katanagatari to see it, there's no reason for a watch-bet.

Only thing I am surprised about is the lack of a legal stream for Katanagatari. I assume it's because the episodes are 50 minutes long?

No, just gets forgotten. It's well liked iirc.

Tenumi

Banned
Happiness Charge Precure: 13

Now that's what I've been waiting for! Heavy plot and action. Looks like things are a lot deeper than they appear, as far as character motivations and the such. Great episode.

Link Man

Banned
Anohana 2

ieBQbfEOqqaAX.jpg

What?!

I now have the urge to play Nokemon on my Ninpenpo DZ while eating WcDonalds.

Whoa whoa whoa, what was he sniffing?

Well, it was nice to see them grow closer once more.

Good show, like the 4th or 5th best of 2010, Togame a cutie
short hair > long hair

It's a hard show to recommend since it isn't necessarily an action show most of the time, if anyone wants Nisioisin being Nisioisin and a fun adventure romp go watch it I guess.

Midonin

Mangaka 04

Being whipped by a Kugimiya character is pretty much a rite of passage, I'm sure. That is one classy kitty. And seeing Mihari's backstory was cute.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Haly pls
Eyeshield 21 will never be topped obviously but Haikyuu is still the best sports manga since Eyeshield 21 ended!

Characters are just so annoying and one note.

At least Sena's whole "speed" theme made thematic sense, he's a running back. And he has to deal with having a smaller stature in a contact game. What does Hinata have to deal with? Wow so he's a bit short, but it's already shown he can JUMP GOOD and GO FAST so now there is literally nothing stopping him from running away with games aside from teamwork drama and "inexperience".

Hinata is already setup as a near perfect character. Sena, even at the end, was riddled with flaws and had to overcome them bit by bit in his own special way.

Also, setters are way more boring to watch than quaterbacks.

sonicmj1

In search of more medieval economics, haly recommended me the good Maouyuu Maou Yuusha manga (Be Mine Hero - I Refuse!) and now I can't stop reading it because it's much better than the anime adaptation.

Curse you, haly! Curse you and your good taste! I need to sleep!

Kurita

At least Sena's whole "speed" theme made thematic sense, he's a running back. And he has to deal with having a smaller stature in a contact game. What does Hinata have to deal with? Wow so he's a bit short, but it's already shown he can JUMP GOOD and GO FAST so now there is literally nothing stopping him from running away with games aside from teamwork drama and "inexperience".

Hinata is already setup as a near perfect character. Sena, even at the end, was riddled with flaws and had to overcome them bit by bit in his own special way.

I think the problem is just that a volleyball game gives less liberty when it comes to crazy moves and tactics.
But I wouldn't say that Hinata is a perfect character. Sure he's fast and can jump but so far in the anime we haven't seen him against serious opponents. That's when we'll see that he isn't as good as we think. I mean, we could say that Sena was perfect just because he dodged the shitty players from the Cupids during the first match.

Midonin

M3 02

The idea that Mahm might be making fantasy into reality is intriguing enough, but otherwise it still feels very much like it's setting things up. The CGI mecha stand out a lot, and I'm still trying to figure out who's who among the cast, but I'll stick with it. Knowing this has two cours means it has more time to lead up to whatever it is it's leading up to.

Jex

Sounds like, between this firehawks comments, I won't be returning to this series.

Jex

Why don't you watch it and judge for yourself?

I don't have time to watch, well, everything. I already knew what the series would be like based on the first two episodes so everything they've written just lines up with my own experiences of the series so far.

Midonin

Love Live! (S2) 04

Stories about sibling bonds are usually a shortcut for heartwarming moments, and this is no exception. Nico's one of my favorites of the μ's group, and it's been a while since she had an episode all to herself. Her twin little sisters aren't as cute as Minori's from last season, but they were pretty cute. Saying that the rest of the girls were her backup dancers was equal parts very Nico and also kinda sad. I liked the way the chase scene was carried out, too. Still going strong as one of the shows I look forward to the most this season.

Theonik

Hidamari Sketch × ☆☆☆ 01-06

Draw me like one of your wide girls Zach.
Yeah this remains great and the best girl pics remain unchanged.
New girls are also a great addition to the cast.
I also must say that it seems like the production values took another small bump for this. While × 365 had more of an oomph.
Miya-chan sure is charming~

Kurita

Haikyuu is really close to Eyeshield 21 imo. The more I read it, the more similarities between the two works appear.
In a perfect world every sports shounen would be a clone of Eyeshield 21... A shame that no other sports series managed to surpass it in terms of art, characters and overall quality... :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom