• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Baby Steps seems underrated, I mean so far it's progressively getting better. With the MC not having amazing abilities in the beginning for tennis but instead he's developing at a slow pace. Thank god I watched it because it's been really enjoyable for me so far. And that people should try it.

I really like the approach they have taken and it is much superior to the overrated Haikyuu!

Articalys

It's pretty much the only thing I have left though. I thought I was just acknowledging that the thread was a bit quiet so asking again when there was more activity might be a better idea.

I love Baby Steps, but I'd probably point people interested to the manga rather than the anime adaptation right now.

That's not to say the anime is bad, but so far IMO the manga is the better package.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I love Baby Steps, but I'd probably point people interested to the manga rather than the anime adaptation right now.

That's not to say the anime is bad, but so far IMO the manga is the better package.

Well, I am sure the manga has has more time to develop. Also, this is the thread of anime and not manga.

I really like the approach they have taken and it is much superior to the overrated Haikyuu!

I mean Haikyuu is good, but in Baby Steps the way they approach it gives us a reason to relate to Ei chan in that not everyone has over the top abilities, like Kuroko No Basket for example. It's just a fresh approach that I've taken a liking to.

Articalys

Anyway, new list, put together in two minutes to force me to not think much about it and go with snap reactions:

Captain Earth
Mushishi
Gochiusa
Love Live
Mekaku - Jojo (tie)
almost everything else, pretty much indistinguishable at this level
Chaika

Gundam 00 S1 - 7

Wow, the girly-haired purple man in glasses is a douche. Allelujah and Lockon are the only two Gundam Meisters that I really enjoy so far. Setsuna is a blank-faced bore who appears to have had all the emotions sucked out of him at some point in his life. He could be worse though, I mean, from the looks of his backstory he could have easily been an annoying big ol' whiny angst. I'd take little to no emotions over that any day.

Anyways shit's getting real, and Celestial Being decides to handle it the way they usually handle it. As long as it means more of them blowing shit up, I'm good with it. The mecha action sequences in this show have been spectacular so far. And hey, now they're apparently fighting against actual bad guys! So now I can legitimately root for them all the way this time!

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I mean Haikyuu is good, but in Baby Steps the way they approach it gives us a reason to relate to Ei chan in that not everyone has over the top abilities, like Kuroko No Basket for example. It's just a fresh approach that I've taken a liking to.

Also, Eiichirō has a skill set very unlike anybody else out there, really helps distinguish the show.

Anyway, new list, put together in two minutes to force me to not think much about it and go with snap reactions:

Captain Earth
Mushishi
Gochiusa
Love Live
Mekaku - Jojo (tie)
almost everything else, pretty much indistinguishable at this level
Chaika

I don't mean to judge but how is Captain Earth at the top.

Well, I am sure the manga has has more time to develop. Also, this is the thread of anime and not manga.

I'm saying that the adaptation isn't as good as the source material it comes from so far. Though it's still pretty good on the whole. We talk about source LNs and whatnot all the time in here, I don't see why bringing up the manga is a problem.

Because I wanted a dumb fun mecha show filled with technobabble and enjoyable characters, and I'm really liking it so far?

I could see that, but for me after witnessing Pokemon's Team Rocket countless times. Seeing that with the Villains in Captain Earth doesn't make it that entertaining for me unless it's Akinari.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I'm saying that the adaptation isn't as good as the source material it comes from so far. Though it's still pretty good on the whole. We talk about source LNs and whatnot all the time in here, I don't see why bringing up the manga is a problem.

Fair enough I suppose.

-Horizon-

I don't mean to judge but how is Captain Earth at the top.
tumblr_n4njz8I6471sdhuzuo2_500.gif

The true reason.

Syrinx

Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu 7

Now I'm not sure Chidori, but that might have been the most racist thing I've ever heard in my life. Leaving it at "gorilla" gives you some degree of plausible deniability, but then talking about gorillas going extinct in Rwanda because of the civil war...yikes. Maybe you're right and gorillas actually were going extinct in Rwanda, but that comment was way over the top.

Anyhoo, Melissa doesn't even appear in this episode and still comes out as the best. Sousuke yelling out all that belittling and extremely foul language at the rugby dudes had me dying.

All of which are probably shit to someone else. Mahouka = incest shit. Baby Steps = sports theory shit. Haikyuu = shounen shit. Mekacrap = Shaft shit. Your unhelpful comment was basically this:

:)

Hey do you love Blood-C since it looks like your avatar is related to it, cause if you do it's shit ahahahahaha.

You shouldn't presume that anyone here actually cares about your opinions. We just tolerate you because it's funny. Like a zoo exhibit. :)

So you do like Blood-C and as for opinions I really don't care if people listen to it or not. Because I believe Blood-C is shit. As for being represented as an animal, I would rather be one than an insect that of which you are.
If your taking this seriously I'm just playing with ya, it's fun no harm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom