• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uraizen

Banned
Ah, right, before I forget. Love Live S1 was awesome, Nafe. Thanks for the recommendation. Started out a little slow, but really picked up after two episodes.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Don't get me started on gameification.
Haha, I wasn't being serious. It's really just the same reason why people write in a journal. You can't live life remembering every last detail on your own, so if you're going to have a proper accounting then you have to record it outside your brain somehow.

This is also where searching your own GAF posts becomes useful.

Friends is amazing. Romcoms in anime are largely cringeworthy which is true but to a lesser extent in tv shows.

The issue with anime romcoms is that they seem more susceptible to fall into tropes/cliches. If I wanted to watch the same story over and over again I would've signed up for that. I don't tend to watch western romcoms unless they're the 'so good people beg me to watch them' kind, so I'm probably biased since I watch a crapload of anime romcom.

Jintor

I knew I had to start keeping track of things when I'd start watching shows and be like "Wait a minute..."

I've also bought books twice by accident before.

Thoraxes

Talk to Thoraxes.

How is it? how much disc in it?
It is fucking 100% pure sex beamed into every vein of my body.

Fucking worth every single dollar I paid for it and something I will treasure forever. The sheer amount of content in it coupled with all the interviews, concept art, prototype scripts, and more just make it an ultimate piece for any fan of the show. Something like it only comes once in a lifetime.

2014-04-2902.12.01zcj62.jpg

2014-04-2902.12.39g4k2a.jpg

2014-04-2902.13.42i1k3p.jpg

I dont think the box is THAT huge. Again Thoraxes can tell you.
I actually have a larger bottom shelf where I house mine. It's a nice size.
An upscale is an upscale. And a box is a box. No matter how nice. If anything the fact it needs its own shelf is a massive dealbreaker.

Theo stahp.

You crazy. It's the right size. As someone who takes 3+ MB PNG screens of TV-quality anime, you should be able to appreciate how much better the quality of the video is in these sets are and what a high-quality release it is. If you can't you are blind.

lol what?

It's actually a super good upscale. It's clear they spent a lot of time working with the materials and there is a ton of stuff in it. Not to mention the high quality of the packing materials and the fact that it has English subs (and dub?). It's worth it's price much more than pretty much all the Japanese BDs on the market right now.

You sir are correct.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
This is why I refuse to sign up for such a service.
Well it only took me a few moments to update. Just say I completed last season's show and added the shows I'm currently watching. I don't see a need to update it every time I finish one episode and judging by my feed others in this board feel the same.

Zeppeli

Banned

Fucking worth every single dollar I paid for it and something I will treasure forever. The sheer amount of content in it coupled with all the interviews, concept art, prototype scripts, and more just make it an ultimate piece for any fan of the show. Something like it only comes once in a lifetime.

I actually have a larger bottom shelf where I house mine. It's a nice size.

Theo stahp.

You crazy. It's the right size. As someone who takes 3+ MB PNG screens of TV-quality anime, you should be able to appreciate how much better the quality of the video is in these sets are and what a high-quality release it is. If you can't you are blind.

You sir are correct.

I'm crying jello

Eusis

I watched a video of the unboxing to see what it'd look like, and it is a crazy good looking set. Those books are pretty meaty and full of art to make up for the fact you can't read them if you don't know Japanese.

Regardless of price opinions there's no denying that's a damn fine box. And it's great to know it IS a quality upscale afterall.

Thoraxes

Wait. Breaking Bad comes in a disc drum?

Yeeeeep, for the BD collection that is. The top has a special features disc, coin, and the Los Pollos Hermanos apron.

And it opens up like this:

There was a limited complete collection. I saw it once at Costco then never again.

EDIT: Wait it's still available. And at that price a fitting companion to Aniplex sets. Also lol at $11 trade in value.

Lol wow, I only paid $180 for mine. It was way cheaper when it came out.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Oh ok, so it's a barrel shaped packaging. That makes a lot more sense. I thought it just came in the same packaging as blank CDs judging from the first pic.

Looking it up on Amazon UK it seems that the further you progress the less inclusive it becomes.

DiD1eBT.png

Maybe I should watch it one day to see what the hype is about.

Did they fix the Hummingbird recommendations yet? Last time I tried using it, it wouldn't load no matter what I did or how long I waited.

And it still seems to be the same right now.

Durara 1-7

Feels slow, but I like it. Interesting cast, and environment. I like how there is a wide variety of people like foreigners, and the theme of going there to change yourself. Want to see where this all goes.

Eusis

Lol wow, I only paid $180 for mine. It was way cheaper when it came out.

I'm so jelly of that BB set. But I'd never spend 400 bucks on a tv show. Fuck that noise.
Well, I looked and noticed it was a third party, which explains the price as out of print collector's items WOULD get that kind of price jack.

I'd like to find the dumb motherfucker who'd take $11 for that set though, I'll gladly buy it from them rather than let Amazon take it.

Thoraxes

I'm so jelly of that BB set. But I'd never spend 400 bucks on a tv show. Fuck that noise.

Shoulda gone in for it right when it came out and was $180!

Well, I looked and noticed it was a third party, which explains the price as out of print collector's items WOULD get that kind of price jack.

I'd like to find the dumb motherfucker who'd take $11 for that set though, I'll gladly but it from them rather than let Amazon take it.
That's probably what happened.

When the pre-orders went up it was at $250 but the price plummeted like a week before release and I managed to keep it locked in at the much lower price.

And yeah, the availability is probably it for sure. Don't know who would part with it for $11 either :lol

Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou

Talking about romcoms... So, this is a pretty normal one. The romance for now is of course slow though the couple is potentially a cute one. The humor is full of tropes and silliness, I'm not sure I like it, it isn't that funny, except maybe a pair of jokes per episode. The visuals are nice except the abuse the purples. Really, purples everywhere. What's the deal with it.

edit: god the girl is weird. Should hit the glasses girl!
edit 2: the MC is a bit of a creep...

I'm going to watch Space Battleship Yamato 2199 as everyone is recommending it.

One Week Friends 4

This show is too cute and sad at the same time, I LOVE IT.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well this page is certainly going places...( ・ิω・ิ)

Happiness Charge Precure 13

You shouldn't go into a mirror that could take you anywhere in the world without knowing where you're going, Megumi. You could end up in Detroit.
I'll go anywhere ( even in detroit ) if i was a magical girl and i had a god with me .
Those 2 conditions obviously don't apply to me ...what did i do wrong with my life. ?

Infodump episode where Fortune shows up for the first time in a while. We learn that she got her Precure powers from her sister, Cure Tender. Who's dead. Probably. Either that or she's Mirage. Who Blue was once in love with or something. Also we meet Phantom, the so-called Precure Hunter. The guy is legit and nothin' to fuck with like all those other guys. He's not fucking around. Lovely and Fortune teaming up still couldn't get him. We'll see him again at some point.

So Fortune is fighting for her (probably) dead sister, she hates Hime and remains distrustful of Megumi. And Blue knows who her sister was and recoils. So this girl has probably put up with a lot of crap. Hime is the piece where I don't quite see where she fits in when it comes to her.
Cure tender is not dead , she is probably defeated

Precure doesn't do death a lot , and even if they do it's never as a plot device. Tender is probably sealed ( like that egypt precure ) at least that's expected if you look at the opening animation.
They could do that Mirage = tender but i would doubt it unless they add more PLOT
This feels like it's telling me that Honey hasn't pissed off Fortune.

*Still a boss*
I don't think honey could piss off anyone... She is clearly the level headed character of this season.
So she's a chameleonian?
More like NTR

you know, what ever happen to golden time?

did that end well?

ibwvpmrvkdLk4k.gif
Ended well , final arc is a rollercoster of "feeligns" of hate , joy , satisfaction and dumbfoundness.

This is why I refuse to sign up for such a service.
I don't get it either.

Not that hard .. All you have to do is to input some anime , and then you update it weekly.

Conan-san

I just saw this for the first time:

Spoiler desc: OreImo -
Kyousuke and Kirino Kissing Scene
Spoiler at link:
WHY?! Why would they make this? Why would they put it out there?! THE SERIES IS FOREVER TAINTED! My god what the hell were the producers thinking?!
(This insulates that the quoted poster thought there was a point at which there wasn't taint on Oreimo)

N636jE2.gif

Puchimas!! - 24

"We got it ! " POSE

Prime example that tactics > raw force.

And next episode is ? Raw force > tactics ....

Ok nevermind.

Conan-san

Yes there was a point of which the wasn't taint on Oreimo. It was Season 1, it wasn't that bad.

Oreimo was always a I want to fuck my Mary Sue sister fantasy.

If it wasn't she would have not gotten her way on every god-damn point. The phone novel adaptation plot-line still makes me cringe when I think back to the time it was aired at anime club.

I stood out in front of the room and did the shinji rant as the last episode's end credits ran I despised it so.

cnet128

Banned
(This insulates that the quoted poster thought there was a point at which there wasn't taint on Oreimo)

OreImo S1 was great, and anyone who "insulates" otherwise is sadly mistaken.

...Also, the ending is delicious and far from the biggest problem with S2.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
It's a bit Mary Sue Adventures but S1 can be taken as a simple brother making out up with his sister show.

cajunator

Banned
Okay, actually I had skimmed through things and saw stuff about how Haikyuu is a boring/unoriginal sports series, expensive premium anime sets continue to be expensive, and nothing else I can remember that was being talked about between more than two people.
So I'll keep it in mind the next time I ask a question to clarify that I'd like an actual response instead of memes... and then, since I know the nature of the thread, I'll watch as no one answers it.

Awww. Youre so cute Arti.

Anohana 3

Wh-what!?

And I should really stop watching this while chopping onions and sucking on hot sauce.

Dont put the onions away just yet!

No blu ray set should cost that much , unless it comes with multiples figs

I see a bunch of maidens... I ...like it.

Proof that animegaf has enough delusions to make anything a reality .
Kato_marika.gif

It has Ohana and Sawa in the same picture and is thus pretty much perfect.

a masterpiece. Simply put.

its crazy how a show i dropped might have bumped up to be my favorite of the season so far.

kana asumi as a hnnngh loli master detective.

This sounds highly relevant to my interests.

Because I wanted a dumb fun mecha show filled with technobabble and enjoyable characters, and I'm really liking it so far?

Its cause of the brown girl and you know it!

Discotek licensed Chi's Sweet Home and Chi's New Address, though no word on the OVA. http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/showthread.php?30914-Discotek-Media-licenses-Chi-s-Sweet-Home-amp-Chi-s-New-Address

Also, VIZ's Spring 2014 Survey is available. http://bit.ly/VAs14surv

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

You post this so much I bet you agree with what shes saying.

Grisaia no Kajitsu's site is now up: http://www.grisaia-anime.com/index.html
Apparently Watanabe Akio is also the Chief Animation Director, that's kinda cool.

Based AKio. Cant wait.

you know, what ever happen to golden time?

did that end well?

ibwvpmrvkdLk4k.gif

yes. Barely

Articalys

Preliminary sales list for April 21 to 27... except the BD cutoff is a relatively high 3,523, meaning all four of this week's major new releases (Nobunagun, NobuFool, Hamatora, and Dandy) missed the mark, so we'll need to wait until Thursday for full numbers on all of those.

Tesagure Bukatsumono Encore did clock in with 3,850 BDs, but it also only cost like 3,000 yen.

http://www.someanithing.com/?p=1303

Other notes:

- SAO Extra Edition sell just under 20k BD+DVD, which, while a decent drop from S1, still might not be a predictor for SAO II sales. We'll just have to wait and see.
- Mushishi Tokubetsu-hen moves 5,901 BD+DVD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom