• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

Love Live S2 ep.4

So Nico is like Yayoi, if she wasn't poor. Or more egocentric. Or more of a liar. So actually nothing like Yayoi except for having multiple younger siblings.

Well, character development is always nice anyway.

I believe that Mahouka, much like Blood-C, is best enjoyed ironically.
breaking news

Also Nafe's Crest/Banner of the Stars posts seriously make me want to rewatch the whole thing again. I never thought I'd enjoy a series centered around space elves so much.

Articalys

Actually, I think I'm going to drag Love Live down one level to be tied with Mekaku in my rankings, and punt Jojo down a half level so it's between those two and the mass of everything else.

And then I think I'll pull up Ping Pong and set it to be tied with Jojo for now too.

My real problem with a bunch of the shows this season besides my top three is that they swing way too wildly from being really entertaining one episode to being average the next. Jojo's probably only as far down as it is because we haven't gotten to the good parts yet.

duckroll

So you do like Blood-C and as for opinions I really don't care if people listen to it or not. Because I believe Blood-C is shit. As for being represented as an animal, I would rather be one than an insect that of which you are.
If your taking this seriously I'm just playing with ya, it's fun no harm.

I'll give this 3/10. Not very imaginative, doesn't make a whole lot of sense, and isn't even particularly insulting. Looks like you have much to learn when it comes to knowing what pushes my buttons and what doesn't. Lol.

Articalys

I'll give this 3/10. Not very imaginative, doesn't make a whole lot of sense, and isn't even particularly insulting. Looks like you have much to learn when it comes to knowing what pushes my buttons and what doesn't. Lol.
Everything else aside though I am surprised you've kept the Saya-Ame doll avatar for so long; was it since Wolf Children's theatrical or BD release? I would have certainly figured something else would have struck your fancy to replace it in that time.

One day when the time comes I'll find a way, believe it.

Nordicus

Waaaaat? You mean Linda.

(Nana is best anyway).
Linda is bad but Koko is worse despite whatever cute shenanigans she does when things are going her way.

"My boyfriend helped me recover from a traumatic experience gave me loads of self-confidence when I most needed it. When he became more worried about his memory loss, I told him that I'd make everything ok

Oh, that memory loss is no joke and he now needs me more than ever? WELP, G-2-FUCKING-G"

duckroll

Everything else aside though I am surprised you've kept the Saya-Ame doll avatar for so long; was it since Wolf Children's theatrical or BD release?

I dunno, it's whenever it was created for me! The avatar is a sign of my appreciation for the community coming up with something funny and fitting. I'll probably never change it unless something better comes along conceptually. Lol.

Articalys

Another chance for our friends across the pond to laugh at us, because we're never going to get anything this nice.

http://www.alltheanime.com/patema_kickstarter/
Fp3aXLi.png

Ginga e Kickoff!! 03

vTUUHuql.jpg

Highly amused they had a triplet strategy. I liked the copy strategy they came up with during the game, mostly cause I kept expecting them to lose terribly or something. Maybe it's due to some rule of shounen.

Baby Steps 04

2m9OtAdl.jpg

Poor girl who probably has a crush of him.

Yowamushi Pedal 29

This is the romance we all been expecting to see.

Nobunaga ZA FOOL 16

All this French stuff is boring. Go back to Japan.

Puchimas!! 24

This arc is pretty awesome since it's all about the puchimas.

Articalys

This is also probably a good time to ask what are some region-free/region B Blu-ray players that are of decent quality and not cost a ton please?

duckroll

This is also probably a good time to ask what are some region-free/region B Blu-ray players that are of decent quality and not cost a ton please?

I'm also interested in knowing this. While we're at it, does anyone know if it's possible to hack a Pioneer BDP-3110 player to do region free blu-rays?

Branduil

Does anybody know how to crack into the mainframe of a certain island off the coast of Costa Rica and unlock the paddocks?

Wait, wrong forum.

Eusis

I made an account there myself (Eusis, like on here) and been slowly adding the stuff I watched over the years.

... Probably should've just gotten it done on MAL because that seems a bit faster and I might've been able to just get all of Ghibli at once rather than trying remember each film.

EDIT: Does Rurouni Kenshin counted as finished or dropped if I stopped after the Kyoto arc? :p

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
I just saw this for the first time:

Spoiler desc: OreImo -
Kyousuke and Kirino Kissing Scene
Spoiler at link:
WHY?! Why would they make this? Why would they put it out there?! THE SERIES IS FOREVER TAINTED! My god what the hell were the producers thinking?!

Eusis

I'm actually kind of curious to see how recommendations work out when they actually function. And yeah, trying to keep track of stuff that interests me.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Ah, so they were smart enough to force the user to select a name from a drop down list for that new waifu box. If it were me I'd just allow the joke entries so I don't have to make sure I've got every single possible character in a database.

I just want to write "Kinsoku Jikou Desu~"

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
It's useful as a record mostly. Many prefer a local spreadsheet but memory can become unwieldy when pushing over a thousand shows.

I take my chances and also I have tried the archive thing and I just can't be assed to spend such time on something so trivial. It helps out others, that is fine.

Eusis

Or only over a hundred.
Even a few dozen's kind of a pain in the ass really.
Ah, so they were smart enough to force the user to select a name from a drop down list for that new waifu box. If it were me I'd just allow the joke entries so I don't have to make sure I've got every single possible character in a database.

I just want to write "Kinsoku Jikou Desu~"
And I wanted to put down "wat" too.

BluWacky

I'm also interested in knowing this. While we're at it, does anyone know if it's possible to hack a Pioneer BDP-3110 player to do region free blu-rays?

A brief Google suggests that Orei's BDP-M2 is a commonly bought model - I think it costs around US$150 normally? I don't know where you could get one from that would ship to Singapore though if necessary. Otherwise it seems that most people buy modded players - couple of threads seem to recommend this Sony model.

Also judging from other websites, I think the BDP-3110 is an Asian exclusive model and so has unfortunately passed most hackers by. There are similar Pioneer models that seem to have custom firmware available that does region-free playback but I wouldn't know whether you could use those without bricking your player.

How much is a ton? Sony BDP-S1x00 ones are good. Got a few of those myself.

All the Pioneer Blu-ray hacks I've seen require hardware modifications.

It's useful as a record mostly. Many prefer a local spreadsheet but memory can become unwieldy when pushing over a thousand shows.

Yeah. I use MAL to keep track of my endless backlog as well :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom