• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I already know you dislike Baby Steps and One Week Friends, which are two of my favorite (baby steps at least manga-wise since it admittedly starts out slow compared to how good it gets). Did you watch the second episode of Chaika?Aside from the Gothic loli designed by Tim Burton who apparently never learned how to structure words together, the new episode was great action-wise. And the protag is fairly refreshing as an action lead since it's not a warrior class but a thief/rogue/assassin.

Baby Steps I am alright with, though it does need a better supporting cast. Coffin Princess didn't interest me in the slightest.

Narag

I think the part covered in the anime is pretty good, for me personally it started to suck around chapter 40 of the manga.

Which will happen first:
  • GRRM finishes ASOIAF
  • Luffy finds the One Piece
  • Eren finds the basement
  • Firehawk watches Utena.

survivor

Banned
Which will happen first:
  • GRRM finishes ASOIAF
Assuming you are talking about this manga wise, this will happen first unless of course firehawk just watches Utena today.

Gbraga

Which will happen first:
  • GRRM finishes ASOIAF

There's actually a chance that D happens first.

Holy shit.

The manga has been suckish, slow and boring going on near a year now. Guess that's a penalty for monthly manga.

Yeah, I didn't even read the last two or three chapters, which means a lot since it's monthly.

I guess Animegaf thinks Attack on Titan is overrated, due to its massive hype. Though I do think it was hyped a little too much.

No, it's overrated because people are willing to overlook how it mostly sucks.

AnimeGAF as a whole does indeed dislike AoT, but I think it's more due to the level of attention it got and people thinking it was the best example of a good anime.

Did it have to do with the pace or writing.

The biggest complaint is indeed the pacing. There are crucial points in the middle where the pacing becomes horribly slow and inconsistent. Personally I'm a huge fan myself and I recognize these issues. Having said that I still consider it the gateway anime for new viewers who the last anime they watched was years ago. And it was shonen action.

Though I'm a fan of the anime and used to be a fan of the manga, the monthly release plus the recent boring ass chapters have had me really uninterested in the franchise. There's fucking titans running around and you're going to focus on a (manga spoilers)
coup?

Narag

All these people believing in firehawk-chan. Maybe that's where we went wrong, we didn't believe in him enough.

Also people thinking that Attack on Titan has pacing issues need to watch the last 15-20 or so episodes of Hunter x Hunter. Jesus Christ. It's almost as bad as the Game of Thrones tv series with its 'shit happening at the same time' pacing.

Also people thinking that Attack on Titan has pacing issues need to watch the last 15-20 or so episodes of Hunter x Hunter. Jesus Christ. It's almost as bad as the Game of Thrones tv series with its 'shit happening at the same time' pacing.

I'm so goddamn glad I read the Chimera Ant Arc after it was over. The pacing is not the greatest and the breaks happen at the worst times. But it's fine because those sweet sweet payoffs, yusss

I think Attack on Titan deserved it's hype more so then Kill la Kill.

Yeah, I would say so too.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Which will happen first:
  • GRRM finishes ASOIAF

The One Piece is a portal that leads to Eren's dad's basement. Luffy rids the AoT world of Titans, decides to sail to parts unknown, lands on the shores of Westeros, finds out that Titans are actually a variant breed of White Walkers, gains the Iron Throne after saving the continent.

Firehawk never watches Utena.

Gbraga

Though I have to say, can't WAIT to watch
Reiner motherfucking Braun protecting the russian skies.
What a fantastic scene, definitely my favorite character
when he's not doing that ridiculously dumb plan.

Also, I'm growing really fond of the dark theme here on GAF, but spoiler tags and bold text look like shit.

Oh, definitely. What a mess Kill la Kill was.

I really enjoyed most of the second half, but the concepts they introduced on the first one didn't have to be thrown away in order to do that, why not both? >_<

Space Dandy was my biggest disappointment though, but eh, whatever.

Narag

The One Piece is a portal that leads to Eren's dad's basement. Luffy rids the AoT world of Titans, decides to sail to parts unknown, lands on the shores of Westeros, finds out that Titans are actually a variant breed of White Walkers, gains the Iron Throne after saving the continent.

This can only happen because the Ultimate Warrior died :(((

I agree.

Gbraga

hahahahaha, poor firehawk.

Deserved or fulfilled?

Deserved. It had a lot of hype but it didn't fulfill it wholly. It at least tried to though with it's art style, animation and having a promising premise.

Kill la Kill unlike AoT was hyped up as "anime's savior" and it fell flat on it's face. It didn't fulfill anything nor did it deserve any hype it got.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Engaged to the Unidentified 9

I'm glad they're really putting a focus on the budding romance, now. The whole back and forth, miscommunications and the reactions that results are pretty by-the-numbers, but still entertaining as all hell.

Ah and maybe some
Benio drama
at last?

Engaged to the Unidentified 9

I'm glad they're really putting a focus on the budding romance, now. The whole back and forth, miscommunications and the reactions that results are pretty by-the-numbers, but still entertaining as all hell.

Glad your enjoying it so much. It was my favorite of last season. Really went under the radar for a lot of people.

I'm so goddamn glad I read the Chimera Ant Arc after it was over. The pacing is not the greatest and the breaks happen at the worst times. But it's fine because those sweet sweet payoffs, yusss.

This both describes what I've been waiting for a fucking a century to happen, and my reaction each time it doesn't.

GrBShpA.gif

Has their been an anime where it was hyped up but it actually fulfilled its hype.

Statistically, there must've been more than a couple. Personally Fate/Zero was hyped to hell and back for me, and it met and exceeded the expectations.

But I tend to prefer shows that had little hype and became internet favorites.

DATABASE DATABASE WOW WOW

Eusis

Kill la Kill unlike AoT was hyped up as "anime's savior" and it fell flat on it's face. It didn't fulfill anything nor did it deserve any hype it got.
The funniest thing about that JoJo picture in the third or fourth post was that it's the anime I most seriously followed after KLK and KLK itself was after a long period of not watching any anime. Figures really, even though I did enjoy both.
Has their been an anime where it was hyped up but it actually fulfilled its hype.
You hype anything up and it's probably going to fail it. Generally better to go in with low expectations or "hey this should be enjoyable!"

Well, I guess you could go in with reasonable expectations for KLK only for the show itself to hype you up for what could happen later, then to come out somewhat flat instead.

Soma

Sometimes I wish the "Saving anime" thing would die but then I remember its origins which came from that Fractale anime and I'm suddenly okay with it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom