• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
demarco making a good point on his twitter about preserving the OP/ED stuff. If they do that, no room for the Toonami flavor stuff and it won't be Toonami anymore.

edit:
@Clarknova1
Because there sure as shit ain't gonna be less commercials, friends.

lol
They could probably fit in minutes of commercials during the points when there's no animation.

Hattori

Banned
Nanana 4
This show just keeps getting better x)
iKaFe14.gif

SO GOOD.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
They could probably fit in minutes of commercials during the points when there's no animation.

If there's any censorship, they should just be creative and monetize it. Every time somebody gets eaten by a titan, just paste a Snickers bar or a Breakfast Taco Waffle over the person.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
If there's any censorship, they should just be creative and monetize it. Every time somebody gets eaten by a titan, just paste a Snickers bar or a Breakfast Taco Waffle over the person.
It's people watching anime at 12AM. Insert Fleshlight sponsorship joke here.

Link Man

Banned

The antagonists are giant naked people, I doubt there would be much censorship.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Well I've been using trakt.tv for quite a while. It even supports anime, or at least the stuff that thetvdb supports.

For things you watch locally you can even set it up so that its automated, which is great.

My profile being here: http://trakt.tv/user/virduk
Huh, neat. It never even occurred to me to track my real tv watching. Then again, I'm so lazy that I'm like 2 years behind on my anime list.

Kamigami no Asobi 05

OejHFwyl.jpg

This week on the only way I talk to the lead is by pinning her against a wall.

And also, something about swords and Susanoo.

Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin 04

Well I'm pretty glad that the protag actually has some fight in him. Much better than average dude gets tossed into weird problem.

Ace of Diamond 30

Woo, more baseball.

Keroro 04

This alien will invade your home to teach you hidden cleaning tips.

Ginga e Kickoff!! 08

Not surprised their first official match will lead to a breakdown of the team.

Quasar

Huh, neat. It never even occurred to me to track my real tv watching. Then again, I'm so lazy that I'm like 2 years behind on my anime list.

The thing I like about this is that it supports things like lists as well as other data diving so it can tell me embarrassing things like I watched 10 hrs of TV over the last week (well not including netflix stuff).

I kinda wish places like netflix provided api access to this kind of stuff so it could all be automated.

Kamisama Dolls 1-13 END

Goddamit. That's a terrible way to end the series. Sucks that a season 2 never got greenlit. This was surprisingly good. The OP is one of the best I've seen thus far and the ED theme is awesome. The way it ended was more like a mid-season break and there was even a tease for the next season...which isn't happening!

Quasar

Kamisama Dolls 1-13 END

Goddamit. That's a terrible way to end the series. Sucks that a season 2 never got greenlit. This was surprisingly good. The OP is one of the best I've seen thus far and the ED theme is awesome. The way it ended was more like a mid-season break and there was even a tease for the next season...which isn't happening!

I liked it too. I wonder if it was an original thing or if thee is more story in a manga or novel series.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Kamisama Dolls 1-13 END

Remember when people looked forward to Brains Base shows because they actually elevated the source material?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The thing I like about this is that it supports things like lists as well as other data diving so it can tell me embarrassing things like I watched 10 hrs of TV over the last week (well not including netflix stuff).

I kinda wish places like netflix provided api access to this kind of stuff so it could all be automated.
I'm sure Netflix wouldn't want to give its metrics away. Although, of course, it doesn't help with actual TV watching though.

Futabu! 2

Well right off the bat, I would like to say there's no 7 and a half long intro! So more animation! That's already a step up from the first episode.

Yet... I think... I liked the first episode more, despite the long intro.

I came to realize that this is some bizarre universe in where only THESE characters actually exist, and so what I'm getting, is that they're the last surviving humans from the apocalypse of the SDBurton bomb.

I recall making an analogy to mayo, which I was actually thinking about Hijikata's mayonnaise fetish at the time, but as of this episode, I don't think it is apt. I think whatever capabilities they gained from the radiation was so strong, that the girls are capable of recreating the Niagara Falls, while also provided giant cream puffs. And just like the Niagara Falls, it is capable of ever running water that makes zero sense in the spectrum of real life, but the same could be said about the girls and their stands.

And like giant cream puffs, I really don't like what happened to give me that euphemism. I mean... I recall the original becoming less pleasing over time for me, and frankly, this is just reminding me of that notion, in how I felt that the earliest works was the best before it went overboard.

Also, I hope you like bread crumb trails. The normal girl of the bunch doesn't get much time in this episode much to my dismay, but I guess we can't exactly have her as our main character, now can we?

Mekaku City Actors 4

Ok now I tried. 3/4 episodes have been this SHAFTastic bull that's not for me. I couldn't even get through the whole episode, I skipped around to see if it got better. It didn't.

Dropped.

Maybe it's because I've been watching nothing but True Detective and Fargo today, but the anime of today is just especially crappy.

So is that as pointless as the tv version of Dusk till Dawn seems to me?

First two episodes have been fantastic. Plus the cast is amazing: Billy Bob Thornton, Martin Freeman, and Bob Odenkirk. Not to mention we have other people I enjoy, like Dennis from Always Sunny.

I've never seen the original movie, probably the only big Coen Brothers movie I haven't seen. So it's especially good for me. Very dark with its humor and scenes.

Mekaku City Actors 4

Ok now I tried. 3/4 episodes have been this SHAFTastic bull that's not for me. I couldn't even get through the whole episode, I skipped around to see if it got better. It didn't.

Dropped.

Maybe it's because I've been watching nothing but True Detective and Fargo today, but the anime of today is just especially crappy.

Hey this episode was supposed to be a bit emotional but Shaft really messed up as it didn't make you feel anything. Here look at the original PV which is a whole lot better and the music is great.

http://youtu.be/IPvwla-oLig

So much better and clearer.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Mekaku City Actors 4

Dropped.

We have the likes of Ping-Pong and Mushishi this season so it isn't all bad.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So is that as pointless as the tv version of Dusk till Dawn seems to me?
Seems to be more of a prequel-reboot than a straight up retelling like From Dusk Till Dawn. Although I haven't had a reason to go back and watch the latter to see if that's changed.

The World is Stil Beautiful 5

Well at least this show wasn't crap today. It's pure shojo cheese.

Hey this episode was supposed to be a bit emotional but Shaft really messed up as it didn't make you feel anything. Here look at the original PV which is a whole lot better and the music is great.

http://youtu.be/IPvwla-oLig

So much better and clearer.

I would've preferred something like this so hard. Also now I know where that gif of the crying girl came from. Maybe I'll give the next episode a try if Shaft stops trying to emulate David Lynch.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Black Lagoon Episode 7:

Right, since I am dealing with some electricity problems at the moment I missed the Toonami rendition of this episode and will now review it Anime-GAF style. This was a really good outing, indeed this is an episode that needed to happen as Revy was so much of a loose canon that she was becoming a liability and Rock needed to step up and find his man card, if only for an episode.

Saint Seiya Omega 25-33

The Gold Saints are totally unhinged. I can't wait to see how Yuna pulls off getting her Seventh Sense against Cancer. I did enjoy that Ryuho at least scored a win (not really outright) against Gemini.

Though now I'm curious who's waiting at the House of Sagittarius, since Seiya is kind of... indisposed.

haha I love this

i8Pb7KfkrhXxK.png

I know its quite common in anime for a main character to see a girls breasts either on purpose by accident but you don't often get them seeing whats down below.

I've never watched that and probably never will, what, exactly, makes it so bad?

It wasn't bad. It was too wanna be Ghibli though. The premise was excellent. It's just the story never really reached a satisfying point. It was going very well until they got to Agartha.

Jex

The Raid 2 would be a better film if they cut out the first 90 minutes of it.

I'm so confused, aren't you the guy who skips over action scenes?

In all seriousness, I kind of agree. The problem with that movie is that it expects that you care about it's dumb story, when you don't because it's an action movie. It's like the director doesn't understand why the first one was great!

It's kind of like Cliffy B telling you that you're gonna care deeply about Dom's story in Gears of War.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm so confused, aren't you the guy who skips over action scenes?

In all seriousness, I kind of agree. The problem with that movie is that it expects that you care about it's dumb story, when you don't because it's an action movie. It's like the director doesn't understand why the first one was great!

It's kind of like Cliffy B telling you that you're gonna care deeply about Dom's story in Gears of War.

MARIAAAAAAAAAAA
Although, it made someone on GAF cry.

I consider martial arts more art than action. The fact that it's usually real people doing real things to each other makes it more interesting to watch than CG robots and explosions and whatnot.
It has my second favourite "trapped in a car fighting sequence" after the finale of Damian Lewis' Life.

Hopefully if there's a Raid 3, it'll be like 70 minutes and just be about dudes punching each other for 60 of those minutes.

Edit: For Narag, hammer girl was a more believable villain than all of Hydra. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom