• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It says a lot about America that our premiere martial art entertainment is about faces, heels, and hitting each other with foil chairs.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Firehawk12 is literally the villain of AnimeGAF.

duckroll

One Piece - Episode of Merry

IocAOTc.jpg

That was pretty fantastic as fanservice. The story of Going Merry is basically the story of the first major segment of One Piece's story, so watching it contextualized this way in a TV movie was pretty cool. I don't really think it works as a stand alone story though. There's way too much there which relies a lot of the viewer already knowing the story, and being able to fill in the blanks of what happened in the other parts of the story, otherwise the emotional highs just don't work.

Still, it's nice that they do these specials so I can read the manga and watch them, without having to invest my time in hundreds of episodes of the TV series instead, which I wouldn't even enjoy because of how inconsistent it is. There's a bunch of really nice effects animation in this special too - waves, fire, explosions, smoke, etc. The fights aren't really that great though, outside of the two major ones - Luffy vs Usopp and Luffy vs Lucci, since almost everything in the special is extremely abridged. I guess that's what happens when you try to fit Water 7 and Enies Lobby all into one 110 minute movie. Lol.

Would recommend for One Piece fans who already know the story and want to see a Going Merry recap done pretty well. Would probably not recommend to anyone else.

Jintor

One Piece - Episode of Merry

Would recommend for One Piece fans who already know the story and want to see a Going Merry recap done pretty well. Would probably not recommend to anyone else.

Small market, but describes me pretty well, so I might go take a gander. Cheers ducky.

Mr.Jeff

Futabu! 2
</snip>

What an astounding review.

Hopefully if there's a Raid 3, it'll be like 70 minutes and just be about dudes punching each other for 60 of those minutes.
I thought this was already confirmed and it was going to be similar to the second one; i.e set 90 minutes after the end credits of movie 2?

I still maintain Raid 2 at least had some brilliant action scenes if nothing else.

Acosta

Humanity has Declined 6

This was a lovely episode. The art keeps being really strong, with a nice use of colours and some really interesting scenarios. Story wise, I never noticed this arc was in the past, just noticed it when she
had to cut her hair, I was wondering what had happened with the "living hair" she got in the first episodes

The idea of the episode was weird, like the series, but it was moving and well developed
the idea of those robots being Voyager and Pioneer, searching for an excuse to go back to earth came as a surprise to me
The series do a good job merging serious and weird ideas so it´s really unpredictable.

I'm loving the main character (she has no name I think?) Her inner comments are hilarious and it´s nice to see how "calm" she can be in middle of the complete chaos around her. She seems to have a kind heart but she has a cynic side that make her quite balanced and realistic.

Yes, really enjoying this, wonder how it will develop.

Thoraxes

Humanity has Declined 6

This was a lovely episode. The art keeps being really strong, with a nice use of colours and some really interesting scenarios. Story wise, I never noticed this arc was in the past, just noticed it when she
had to cut her hair, I was wondering what had happened with the "living hair" she got in the first episodes

The idea of the episode was weird, like the series, but it was moving and well developed
the idea of those robots being Voyager and Pioneer, searching for an excuse to go back to earth came as a surprise to me
The series do a good job merging serious and weird ideas so it´s really unpredictable.

I'm loving the main character (she has no name I think?) Her inner comments are hilarious and it´s nice to see how "calm" she can be in middle of the complete chaos around her. She seems to have a kind heart but she has a cynic side that make her quite balanced and realistic.

Yes, really enjoying this, wonder how it will develop.

You'll get to experience the best buildup to a punchline ever.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Diamond no Ace Episode 30:

Ah yes, Akikawa but up the good find but the miracle has ended and the natural order is once again established since Sedio is the protagonist school in this matter.

fertygo

Captain Earth - 05
This is so bad like.. very bad

You know the feeling you making few event in RPG Maker and just play it for lulz?
This episode felt like that, holy shit.. are half of the script were incomplete or what? seriously this just feel so absurd..

Saint Seiya Omega 25-33

The Gold Saints are totally unhinged. I can't wait to see how Yuna pulls off getting her Seventh Sense against Cancer. I did enjoy that Ryuho at least scored a win (not really outright) against Gemini.

Though now I'm curious who's waiting at the House of Sagittarius, since Seiya is kind of... indisposed.
wow , you are watching those episodes quite fast.
Anyway , you did see how better this sanctuary part is , when compared to the first part.
The gemini fight was cool, trully enjoyable.

Hmmm does nisekoi not have an imouto? This isn't anime.
Ah ah ... i don't read the manga , but i'm pretty sure this is too early to draw such a conclusion.
Small market, but describes me pretty well, so I might go take a gander. Cheers ducky.

Actually that fit me as well , i love one piece , but there was a point where i prefered read the manga and i've stopped watching the anime after 470+ episodes, this "merry " movie is not bad.

TUSR

Banned
Nanana's Buried Treasure 1-3

Wow this show is a lot of fun, going to watch episode 4 before bed.

This, Nisekoi, and One Week Friends are winning the season for me.

Haikyuu 4:
I'm not sure this needed to be split over multiple episodes given that this is really just the basic setup for what will come on later, but at the same time it sort of works.

After seeing episode five, it made sense to make the conclusion of the match take up some time in five, so that five wouldnt end on a weird spot, imoi.

TUSR

Banned
Nisekoi

Omg there are only 3 episodes left? Then what?!

Edit: apparently this episode was chapter 42 in the manga... So season 2???

Ace of Diamond Episode 30

Kuramochi-senpai gave a good play, while everyone else put on a good match conclusion.

Person in stands yelling about Eijun not getting cocky and that its just a fluke made me laugh quite a bit.

Seikoku no Dragonar - 04
Seikoku%20no%20Dragonar%20-%2004.jpg

So cuuuuute , so cajun-tier.

Not a bad episode , it was quite good actually ,

So , lots of forshadowing in this episode , from the princess past ( twice ) the MC past ( that is sealed ) , or even the shinobi in hiding ( that will probably have a change of heart now that she tasted a glimpse of a world without war ).

Eco speech was 200% perfect , i certainly wasn't ready
Princess sister is nicknamed the valkyrie, but damn that's kinda bloody.
The Maid , cosette is hiding something , after this episode and that one ( ep 2) that's obvious , the uncut version scene was glorious.

Entering the fray of characters , we have an oujou-sama with a "oh oh oh " laugh and her clan of retainees following her ... BUt WAT , there is a twist !
she is not of nobility , she is just faking it !
ahah i love this twist

After 4 episodes i enjoy dragonar ..it's fun , thinsg are happeining and the dialog level is intresting...uncensored/uncut version is the best.
Mad scientist need to come back , so we can have a delicious taste of comedy before thing get too serious.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Baby Steps Episode 5:

I'll be honest, I thought this episode kind of dragged since they felt the need to explain the basics of tennis and also did that annoying shonen sports thing of explaining ever move in detail.

Haikyuu!! Episode 5
Bmx61PcCUAAja7g.jpg

More comedy driven than anything else this time. Takeda sounded like Freecell, nice choice, while Ukai being at the shop with a speaking role was good too
didnt know Hinata sister showed up this early in the series?

Looking forward to Aoba josai! OIKAWA!!!!

Engage Flashback: Kiss Dum - Episode 8

Swimsuit Girl does make a very valid point at the end of the episode. It's interesting but lacking excitement. The interest stems from the fact that this episode throws up some pretty hilarious mouth flaps one of which had only their teeth were showing. The lack of excitement is because nothing really happened in this episode, it was just Shu moping around a bit and punching a tree accompanied by two flashbacks, the first of which was the first thing we see in the episode, which was a bit jarring considering we had no context in the last episode for why we were even having a flashback.

One other thing of note is that the sound effects used for some of the actions this episode doesn't fit at all. The stand out one being when Swimsuit Girl was licking her fingers. It sounded like a swamp monster and not a young girl.

Finally time to watch some anime again...

The Idolmaster 01

All the characters were introduced and even the new producer got to say something in the end. Watching this as a watchbet with somebody from K-On GAF.

Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii 5
A pretty sweet episode. Showing Livius' weakness was very nice touch making him feel more humane. They also used the rain making powers in a rather unique way.

Disk Wars Avengers 3

Is this a tsundere?

This is much better than the "actual" Avengers show on Disney XD right now. It's kind of silly, with the "gotta catch them all" structure and the weird designs but it's actually fun. I loved when Spider-Man just kicked Loki on the face.

Everybody who has a interest in Marvel comics should check this one out.

Narag

Disk Wars Avengers 3

Is this a tsundere?

This is much better than the "actual" Avengers show on Disney XD right now. It's kind of silly, with the "gotta catch them all" structure and the weird designs but it's actually fun. I loved when Spider-Man just kicked Loki on the face.

Everybody who has a interest in Marvel comics should check this one out.

I was warned against it by top men.

Midonin

Brynhildr 05

If Kazumi talked any dirtier, she'd fit right in on SYD. The show continues to do some wild tonal shifts, but it's holding my interest. I also like the new girl Kotori, both because of her character design and her voice. Azusa Tadokoro's starting to rise up in the world from her start as Aoi. Not sure what's going to come of this prophecy, but we have a girl who can fire beams from her mouth. For a show with a character who can predict things, it's not always easy to be certain where this show is going to go.

The Idolmaster 03

All men are monsters.

Quite the rural place they go to, but a gig is a gig. Yukiho overcame her fears and managed to perform so everything worked out.

Oh, and Takane looks a bit like that girl in World Conquest Zvezda Plot (or the other way around). Not even seen World Conquest Zvezda Plot, but yeah.

I was warned against it by top men.

Eh, I like silly things. It is an anime for kids but I found it to be very in touch with the comics, at least with matters to the character's personality. For me, it's much better than the approach used on the Madhouse animes (minus X-Men, I liked that one) and the current cartoon. The thing is that you have to accept that it's an anime made to sell some toys at the end of the day.

Though, I'm actually surprised that we took 3 episodes to put everybody into disks, I expected that to happen in the first one.

The World is Stil Beautiful 5

Well at least this show wasn't crap today. It's pure shojo cheese.

I would've preferred something like this so hard. Also now I know where that gif of the crying girl came from. Maybe I'll give the next episode a try if Shaft stops trying to emulate David Lynch.

The problem with Shaft right know is that they rather show style than substance. I mean I like the style but they really need to show more substance of the series. I hope they do that for the next episode, hope for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom