• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rowdy Sumo Wrestler - Episode 5

Looks like Matsutaro finally got a reality check. He finally learned that there are others stronger then him. His cockiness may not be fixed, but he is at least starting to reflect on his actions. Nice episode by the way. The senior beat him up so bad, that he
started crying
. Ouch.

cnet128

Banned
Black Bullet 5

Sleepy-mode Tina is godly. All of her little mannerisms are crazy adorable, and she wins at pyjamas forever.

Serious-mode Tina is not as great.
Heel-face turn soon pls

http://myfigurecollection.net/item/214574

ghostmuffin said:
company: griffon enterprises

tumblr_n07dx63Tnc1t7z41do1_500.gif
Christ, who do I have to dissect to get a decent figure of her?

santeesioux

Does that SAO movie properly explain what happened in the second half of the first season for those of us that cringed too much to watch?

cajunator

Banned
Cross post, but the DAL II website's been updated with cover art for the OP (left) and ED (right) music releases. From what I can tell using google translate, the CDs also include the OP/ED themes from the upcoming Ars Install PS3 game.

It'd be super swell if they'd stop putting Tohka on everything.

She is the face of the franchise. Cant be helped.

Said the stationary.

He watched Ultimate Girls. Ask him about it sometime :D

http://myfigurecollection.net/item/214574

Christ, who do I have to dissect to get a decent figure of her?

ANOTHER Griffon? I mean the first one actually came out ok but with all the talented figure makers that exist...

Engage Battleship: Kiss Dum - Episode 12

The battle in this episode went like this (In spoilers in case you don't want to know the amazing things that went down):

Tohn: Hey Shu, I want to kill you!
<<1 minute later>>
Tohn: Thanks for killing me Shu.

Also Roronoa Zoro got lost again and ended up in Kiss Dum as the captain of a battleship. That should go well.

cajunator

Banned
Engage Battleship: Kiss Dum - Episode 12

The battle in this episode went like this (In spoilers in case you don't want to know the amazing things that went down):

Tohn: Hey Shu, I want to kill you!
<<1 minute later>>
Tohn: Thanks for killing me Shu.

Also Roronoa Zoro got lost again and ended up in Kiss Dum as the captain of a battleship. That should go well.

That definitely sounds like Kiss Dum.

-Horizon-

Does that SAO movie properly explain what happened in the second half of the first season for those of us that cringed too much to watch?

They rush through some parts. But they explain enough so that you understand the gist of it.
"Sugu has the hots for me??" *gasp*
That's all that mattered to me in that arc :3

cajunator

Banned

Midonin

Soul Eater Not! 05

While Tusugmi, Meme and Anya have the yuri love triangle of the season going on, Kim and Jackie's love story was a lot of fun to watch. I was vaguely aware of Kim being a witch, but this is the first time (in anime form) that I've heard it said aloud. And Jackie has a few more dimensions to her than I thought as well. It's the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

Tiger & Bunny
A pretty decent series overall, with only a few major gripes. One such was that Kotetsu seemed like the most intelligent one (and that's not saying much). I can't really comprehend how Barnaby was able to tell
he was using force fields over lasers but not tell that he could read minds
. One of the later moment was supposed to be sad but it comes off pretty comical by shoving in the :DTL. As a superhero show, it was fairly fun to see the many sides of the heroes. I was a little disappointed to see that Fire Emblem lacked a Nintendo logo. I liked the progress in Barnaby and Kotetsu's relationship and
Kaede's powers
foreshadowing stuff

Got to update my ranking of shows this season:

1. Chaika - The Coffin Princess
2. Nanana's Buried Treasure
3. Brynhildr in the Darkness
4. Selector Infected Wixoss
5. Knights of Sidonia
6. One Week Friends
7. The Kawai Complex Guide to Manors and Hostel Behavior
8. Black Bullet
9. The Irregular at Magic High School
10. No Game No Life
11. M3: The Dark Metal

The last few eps of boring dropped the magic high school ranking by a lot. M3 is still starting off, but I've 0 attachment to it at this moment. Chaika. Gotta love Chaika.

Tenumi

Banned
Ew, Free art.

So I'm going to be starting three shows from my backlog relatively soon. It's been more than a month since I finished Splash Star, so I'm starting Futari wa Precure. I'm watching Okami-San and Her Seven Companions in english on Netflix. Really enjoyed the first episode of it that I watched about a year back or so. Finally, as I hinted yesterday, I'll be starting Guilty Crown, watching it on blu-ray, so no screencaps for that.

Of course, nobody really cares, so this is more of a note to myself. :p

Ew, Free art.

So I'm going to be starting three shows from my backlog relatively soon. It's been more than a month since I finished Splash Star, so I'm starting Futari wa Precure. I'm watching Okami-San and Her Seven Companions in english on Netflix. Really enjoyed the first episode of it that I watched about a year back or so. Finally, as I hinted yesterday, I'll be starting Guilty Crown, watching it on blu-ray, so no screencaps for that.

Guilty Crown is in my top 5 anime of all time, I hope you enjoy it. I still listen to the soundtrack daily.

1. Ping Pong
2. Stardust Crusaders
3. Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou
4. No Game No Life
5. Captain Earth
6. Chaika
7. Mahouka
8. Mekaku City Actors
9. M3

Need to catch up on - Nanananananana, Kanojo ga Flag
Dropped - Sidonia, Soul Eater Not, Akuma no Riddle, Kenzen Robo Daimideler
Dropped HARD - Blade & Soul, Dai Shogun, Seikoku no Dragonar

cnet128

Banned
Hunter x Hunter 128

Aw yiss, I'd forgotten how good this part is, with
the King's memory loss finally causing a true conflict of intentions between him and his retainers for the first time

I wonder how DTL will react to the orgasmic
cannibalism
that makes up basically the whole first half of the episode. Though possibly he'll be too busy just
rejoicing at the fact that the King isn't dead

cajunator

Banned
Ew, Free art.

Futari Wa is pretty good. Cant go wrong there.

Got to update my ranking of shows this season:

1. Chaika - The Coffin Princess
2. Nanana's Buried Treasure
3. Brynhildr in the Darkness
4. Selector Infected Wixoss
5. Knights of Sidonia
6. One Week Friends
7. The Kawai Complex Guide to Manors and Hostel Behavior
8. Black Bullet
9. The Irregular at Magic High School
10. No Game No Life
11. M3: The Dark Metal

The last few eps of boring dropped the magic high school ranking by a lot. M3 is still starting off, but I've 0 attachment to it at this moment. Chaika. Gotta love Chaika.

Next weeks episode of Mahouka will have action so you'll be covered, since it's been a introduction to the series so far. And for Chaika your right its really great, loving it so far.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Ew, Free art.

Guilty Crown have one great soundtrack, i'll give you that.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Majin Bone 6

You see, one of the pitfalls of trying to represent TCG mechanics as actual physical combat in a show is that you end up with ridiculous lines and premises like this, where a character spends an episode worrying over whether or not his allies are "ready" to stand in a line in order to initiate a special attack. No amount of "but their feelings have to be in sync or it won't work!" shounenspeak can mitigate just how ridiculous this is.

And yet, the show is still kind of fun. Execution > premise etc etc.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
  • Puchimas
  • Love Live
  • JoJo
  • Ping Pong
  • Seki-kun

I probably should look into some of the other shows this season.

Saint Seiya Omega 41-50

Well. Aside from the fact that they never said darkness cosmo was ever outright evil by itself (they just listed it like a normal element in the early episodes), I don't particularly mind this... but why is a Mesopotamian god the final big boss? Religion in this show is weird.

jgminto

Hunter x Hunter 128

That first half was glorious.
Pouf and Youpi feeding themselves to the King and getting extreme pleasure from his praise was hilarious. Chibi Youpi is so cute too. I don't think it's even possible to beat the king now, though perhaps they won't have to since he lost his memory. Palm, Knuckle and Killua fighting Pouf next week should be really exciting.

Hunter X Hunter 128

Fucking Pouf.
I think we got two episodes left until Gon and Pitou fight, and probably 2 or three more episodes after that to wrap this all up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom