• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
But Jormungand is meh. The first season is worth a watch. It's decent enough where you won't leave disappointed. The second season though was pure shiiiiiiiiiiiiit. I dropped it because it was so boring.
Pretty much what I would expect from people that like Black Lagoon.

cnet128

Banned
Hunter x Hunter Episode 128

Really slow episode offering really less than a second of a good scene, while everything else was hard to focus on. I don't think there is really interest in seeing Youpi for the umpteenth time nor Pouf again and again do nothing to write home about. Perhaps he will get a second fight this arc to somehow give a memorable moment, but otherwise, performing just like all the other nonhumans in this arc, just really terribly.
Also was disappointed that Togashi couldn't actually do something unique for a series in JUMP and go all the way with having the major antagonist off'd in the arc by a non major character. It sad that even he is trapped by the laws of the genre exhibiting this here with the unsurprising reveal that the King did survive the powerful bomb in a way that made him capable enough to breathe on his own.

Huh, from your impressions last week I thought you were disappointed that
the King seemed to be dead
, but I guess I got the wrong end of the stick. I still don't think you'll be disappointed by how this plays out in the end, though.

At any rate, I find it vaguely amusing given your predilections that you seem so underwhelmed by an episode that was half made up of
men having orgasms over other men
. I guess ants just don't do it for you, huh? =p

Tenumi

Banned
No stamina anymore to scan through the whole thread I missed, just the most recent page from now on. Sorry to anything interesting in the middle that I end up missing this way.

Also, did I step back to Sunday somehow? The hair argument started up again? It works like this:

- depending on the person, both short or long hair can be cute.
- however, long hair when tied up is nearly always inferior to long hair when let down.

Not a fan of ponytails, I assume? That's fine, there's something for everyone.

Huh, from your impressions last week I thought you were disappointed that
the King seemed to be dead
, but I guess I got the wrong end of the stick. I still don't think you'll be disappointed by how this plays out in the end, though.

At any rate, I find it vaguely amusing given your predilections that you seem so underwhelmed by an episode that was half made up of
men having orgasms over other men
. I guess ants just don't do it for you, huh? =p

I wanted Killua to defeat the king, not the old man :/

Unfortunately I cant get into nonhumans.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Heartcatch Precure 2

You know what draws me to this show, I think? Umakoshi. I love that guy's character designs. Was basically the best thing about Casshern Sins, and it's great here too.

Also did that fairy just shit a gem?

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Heartcatch Precure 2

You know what draws me to this show, I think? Umakoshi. I love that guy's character designs. Was basically the best thing about Casshern Sins, and it's great here too.

wasn't the gem pooping changed for the dvds or something?

cajunator

Banned
Heartcatch Precure 1

The fuck am I even doing

gods work

No stamina anymore to scan through the whole thread I missed, just the most recent page from now on. Sorry to anything interesting in the middle that I end up missing this way.

Also, did I step back to Sunday somehow? The hair argument started up again? It works like this:

- depending on the person, both short or long hair can be cute.
- however, long hair when tied up is nearly always inferior to long hair when let down.

Arti is correct about hair.

JoeFu

Banned
Just finished Natsu no Arashi

I really enjoyed it! Thanks for recommending it madp! I guess I'll watch Arakawa Under the Bridge as my next SHAFT since that's also on CR. Just gonna have to deal with the 480p :(

Heartcatch Precure 2

Have you watched Ojamajo Doremi? Umakoshi worked on that as well.

I think Hitokage and I are thinking the same thing here...

Midonin

Doremi's on my backlog too, but something of that size requires me to set aside a lot of time. There's plenty of shorter shows I want to check out first. But expanding my knowledge of the magical genre is a top priority.

Red Data Girl Episode 1 (engDub)

They made Miyuki sound so mean, I dont remember him coming off that way in the JPN version. At least when he sounds happy he does sound and look that way. Though I think its one of their better dubs around.

If they had released the BD, Id have got it but until then Ill just keep watching on the funi site.

Link Man

Banned
Black Bullet 5

ibjzm9uDZhhJPF.jpg

So good. Even the humor worked for me, though it seems Rentaro is developing a harem. I expected nothing out of this series before the season started, and it's given me everything.

---

And Lurky, there's now a blonde girl. Tina Sprout. No reason for you not to watch this now.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I... is that snark? Black Lagoon is a good show man.
Not snark. Just saying that people that like and watch Black Lagoon will probably find Jormungand "boring". Jormungand is all over the place, but I still thought the second season was more enjoyable than the first even if it lacked a satisfying conclusion. If you're watching anime for girls in hot pants that cover up their dark past with a love for dual wielding pistols than Jormungand isn't really going to appeal to you.

Black Bullet 5

This show continues to deliver. But seriously I don't think you could make a more :cnet show if you tried. All of the shower scenes have been of freaking lolis, seriously anime STAHP IT RON STAAAAAAAAAAAAHP.

I'm glad it's not constant world threatening plotlines, this episode is more about character development and a more calm plot that deals with bodyguards. Rentaro continues to be pretty badass. But the show is trying to hide the fact it's a harem with its grimdark stuff, but it's oh too obvious. Still very enjoyable show, one of the surprises of the season for me.

Not snark. Just saying that people that like and watch Black Lagoon will probably find Jormungand "boring". Jormungand is all over the place, but I still thought the second season was more enjoyable than the first even if it lacked a satisfying conclusion. If you're watching anime for girls in hot pants that cover up their dark past with a love for dual wielding pistols than Jormungand isn't really going to appeal to you.

But I enjoyed the first season. At least enough to give a watch to the second. Everything about the second season was a bit mundane though and I ended up dropping it because it wasn't interesting me in either an intellectual, character, or excitement level. I don't like Black Lagoon because of hot pants and girls with guns. I liked Black Lagoon because over-all I enjoyed it better, that's a bit of a generalization you're making.

Kieli

Hunter x Hunter - 128

The entire King revival scene was splendidly done. I was smiling like a doofus the entire time.

Pouf is an unremitting yandere for Mereum-chan. You can sense his jelliness a mile away.

That being said, I can definitely feel the pace slowing down a bit. We were going at 3 chapters per episode before, but now I think it's at 1.5 to 2.

Quasar

Shuffle! 22-24

No final thoughts just yet. I know there's Memories' 12th episode, which I am considering episode 25 for the purposes of this forum. But the show itself wrapped up, and overall, while it certainly got melodramatic (the Kaede arc was the highlight of the show), I see plenty of stuff here that's both consistent with Navel's style and what I'd expect from a visual novel based anime. As a romcom/harem, perhaps it's not one of the greats, but it's pretty good at what it does. The devils/gods stuff always felt more like a background element than a central thrust of the plot, but that has its appeal, too. There's something to be said for a world where magic is just normal and not part of some conspiracy. There was more than the show's share of those in everyone's backstory, but it never overtook the plot.

I was surprised that
Asa was half-demon in her parentage, and that Rin had to cut his own wrist just to get her to heal herself. It's like a reverse Myself;Yourself and a wee bit extreme, but it's not like the boxcutter wasn't foreshadowed.
My reactions aren't as extreme as they were to School Days, but then, the show itself isn't as extreme. As far as favorite characters, Asa was pretty fun, and having her route be chosen was different, but it was also built up to. As far as the other girls go, I like Sia the best, but I felt the Lycoris/Primula plot was the one that was the most fun to watch. Also, the animation looked a little off in places in the finale.

Not the worst thing I've seen - I like OreTsuba a little better just because that went even more over the top in its theatrics, but Shuffle!, being Navel's first work, is a good indication of what they would later do.

That episode of memories is really pretty crappy. At least if you want anything other than titilation.

I liked Shuffle though overall (and was glad it was Asa, my favourite despite her being not as front and centre as others), but part of that is that it was my first harem show aside from a few random episodes of Love Hina.

Midonin

That episode of memories is really pretty crappy. At least if you want anything other than titilation.
It's the only one with any new material, and I'm also a completionist. And I've never really been bothered by fanservice. After the heavy drama of the last few episodes, a chance to blow off some steam is coming exactly when it should.

Majin Bone 6

This show continues to entertain me, both as a character driven show with very fluid conversations, and as a full-retard children's hobby show. I mean

"we need to form a line together"

"I don't think you're ready. That requires trust"

Made me lol so hard. Thank you anime.

Heartcatch Precure! 48

Holy shit, I think they may have finally done it. This penultimate-episode battle might have actually been more gorgeous in action than Splash Star's.

lol @ Moonlight
needing a lecture from Blossom on how to be a real Precure
. Does it speak volumes that that was probably my favourite moment of hers in the whole series? I mean, okay, her attitude was fairly understandable in context considering
she just watched her father asplode
, but still. Worst Heartcatch Cure is worst.

See this is what I wasn't looking forward to.

But... I did get people joining the Precure ride, and I'm happy for that.... if it goes beyond what's being watched at least.

Finally got a chance to listen to the openings this season.

Really don't care for some of them like the ones for Akuma no Riddle, Baby Steps, Black Bullet, Blade & Soul, Daimdaler, Dragonar, Fairy Tail, Gochuumon, Kanojo ga Flag, Mangaka-san, and Ping Pong.

Jintor

I just saw some screens from this week's episode of Soul Eater Not. I think SDBurton might explode if he hasn't already seen 'em.

Mahouka 05

What kind of rebel organization wears sweatbands to identify each other
Manipulated goons meant to be decoys ?

Gonna have to go with #teamshorthair

Regardless of her hair , she is very high tier.

-*-----------------*-
Hunter x Hunter - 128

That was some orgamic reactions / scenes of epic proportions.

Otherwise a nice transition after the ep 126 . i'm not even disapointed.

Soul eater NOT! - 05

PRAISE THE MOTHERFREAKING GARDEN!
Soul%20Eater%20Not%21%20-%2005.jpg

oh !! ohhhh ! oooohhhhhhh !!
Time to wake up
Sdburton , are you OK ? please Post if you are OK!!

You guys cannot imagine the gigantic grin i had on my face during the whole episode...
It's too bad this episode had a little bit of "quality", some rough scenes here and there, but overall it was quite a fun watch.
What should i do ....
Soul%20Eater%20Not%21%20-%2005_02.jpg

Is it a disapointed face or a :wonzo face ? i'm not sure

In summary : New ship complete
More cameos next week and more cool moments ..can't wait.

Hunter X Hunter 128

So much lewdness in this episode and Poufu and Youpi fangirling like crazy, really hilarious. It's really hard watching this once a week considering it leaves you wanting more. Hope nothing happens to Komugi, like seriously she's so sweet and wouldn't hurt a fly. Very enjoyable episode.

Now I'm waiting for my boy Gon's fight so freakin bad. I trying to be patient but it's soooooooooo hard.

Syrinx

Aikatsu! 62

How does that place even have that much shit to make a cake that big? Weren't the dopes stuck in the lift bringing the ingredients? Gotta cost a shitton too. How do you even get approval for that? Also come up with your own cake design, Sora. Chief designer my ass.

And fuck Raichi.

Black Bullet 5

Seems like they slowed down the pace which is good. I got to admit Kisara is one hell of a badass with that katana slicing that board, one of the best girls in the anime who needs more screen time. As for the next Loli that was introduced, Tina Sprout she's so freakin adorable and funny. The way she called Rentaro right in front of him, to tell him she knows where her apartment is was hilarious. That fight between Kisara and Minori the student council president was entertaining seeing bullets and slashes everywhere. And like always Enju being a adorable badass kicking a bullet from a sniper rifle. Really can't wait for next week's episode and I hope it doesn't lead to killing Loli route, cross fingers for Tina.

Link Man

Banned
The Eccentric Family 3

Airships!

Wait, they can generate electricity?

Anyway, this was a wonderful episode. I do like how they've adapted these traditional folklore creatures to a modern world, to the point that even a tengu can prefer an air-conditioned train to flying in the summer. And I'm loving all the fantasy elements, as well; the clock tower reminded me strongly of Wind Waker.

iqF5Kqwb2VLLm.jpg

I especially like how the odd angles in this shot accentuate the otherworldly atmosphere.

Also, naked Benten.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom