• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeppeli

Banned
Invite me over too, Kirb. I'm on injury leave for a week or two at work so I have the spare time. I'll even bring rice balls donuts!

Gundam 00 S2 - 11

uh okay.

So the 00 Raiser is finished, and Setsuna does a symmetrical docking with
Saji inside the 0-Raiser.

And then...that happened. So now..
Saji and Louise know that they are on opposite sides now.

This show just got weird. Like, it was weird before with all this Newtype Innovator business, but this just cranks things up to uncomfortable levels.

Invite me over too, Kirb. I'm on injury leave for a week or two at work so I have the spare time. I'll even bring rice balls donuts!

It probably won't be till next month when we get to it, but I'll send you the details!

Hunter x Hunter 128

A half episode of Ant Orgasms was far more stimulating than Futabu! 2, because frankly, nothing gets me off like Ant Orgasms

bAz93gZ.gif

Pretty much how I felt

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Love Live S2 ep4-5:

I guess the best way to obfuscate that this is still a zero-stakes retread of the first season is to have some character-focused episodes. Nico's was perfect for her character, and Rin had the presence of a potted plant in S1 so any kind of attention afforded her is a step up. I still feel really lukewarm about the A-RISE rivalry, so if this season isn't coming close to matching S1's trajectory anyway, I think I'd rather just get to know more about the peripheral cast members as sort of a way to retroactively flesh things from S1 out.

Reaction face quotient is still also way down from S1. Boo.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
M3: Sono Kuroki Hagane - 02

This show annoys me and the reason is because a huge pet peeve of mine is when people wait around for bad things that are happening to happen to them. This show seems to have a lot of that. Characters don't seem to have any will of their own. Everything being done by the characters comes off as "this is what the character needs to do so this can happen" and it feels procedural because of it. The show seems to be horribly paced. I checked to time scale because I was wondering if I was watching some hour special to only find I was at the 13 minute mark.

Articalys

So apparently that tag fishing thread or whatever over in OT just got a title change to "All the mods here are so kawaii, uguuuuuu~~~~"

M3: Sono Kuroki Hagane - 02

This show annoys me and the reason is because a huge pet peeve of mine is when people wait around for bad things that are happening to happen to them. This show seems to have a lot of that. Characters don't seem to have any will of their own. Everything being done by the characters comes off as "this is what the character needs to do so this can happen" and it feels procedural because of it. The show seems to be horribly paced. I checked to time scale because I was wondering if I was watching some hour special to only find I was at the 13 minute mark.

Huh, never really thought about it like that but yeah it is annoying as hell.

cajunator

Banned
Heartcatch Precure 2

You know what draws me to this show, I think? Umakoshi. I love that guy's character designs. Was basically the best thing about Casshern Sins, and it's great here too.

Also did that fairy just shit a gem?

that fairy indeed just shat a gem. Gems will be shat often.

And so an idea for one of my Wednesday nights is to make my friends sit through Kuttsukiboshi and Arjuna... ep 7-9. in one go.

Now this is kind of evil. Shoulda stuck with Moonphase.

Nisekoi 17

aSbskvOl.jpg

besttttttt girl

Ginga e Kickoff!! 11

And now we have to be gentlemen while playing.

Puchimas!! 32-33

Well at least they got making ramen down.

Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to 05

I like the head editor.

Nobunaga ZA FOOL 17

And suddenly, it's a harem show!

Majin Bone 06

But can we form the line?

Eusis

Wait, Sorairo survived two bans as a junior? That has to be a record.
He's one of those that was moved to junior status rather than still being within the junior trial period as it were, right? Those two are treated differently, I think meant more as MAYBE a mark of shame and DEFINITELY to stop people who made bad topics from continuing to make bad topics.

EDIT: Yeah, looked at the post count. Way ahead of the initial junior period.

Eusis

Oh, there's a timeframe angle too? Forgot I guess, if I ever found out in the first place. Though it probably helps it seems that all his infractions looked relatively minor that I saw.

Defuser

Black bullet ep 5
Enju is hnngh.
Tina is hnngh.
Kisara and Miori is daaaaamn.
Seitenshi sama sure dress elegantly sexy .

Why is Rentaro have everything except money?

Articalys

I can't believe I've gotten to the point where I'm actively hoping the next Chaika episode is mediocre enough that I can use it to justify dropping the series.

Which would still leave me with a mere 14 shows this season.

Zeppeli

Banned
I can't believe I've gotten to the point where I'm actively hoping the next Chaika episode is mediocre enough that I can use it to justify dropping the series.

Which would still leave me with a mere 14 shows this season.

I've been playing video games again for once so I've been spending all my free time not watching animu... Damn JoJo ASB :(

Theonik

Zero Gravity
If only I had seen it in the cinema #FirehawkWasRight

Hey. Not saying she looks bad with short hair, just that she looks better with long hair. :p
This opinion is wrong. Her short hair is clearly cuter. This episodes only proves that.
You will see the light in time.

Worst Heartcatch Cure is worst.
ibdyp00Tr8Hbav.png

cnet please.

heartcatch umakoshi > doremi umakoshi
This is a very bold claim to make. Watch Doremi.

Wait, Sorairo survived two bans as a junior? That has to be a record.
If only Ceasar was that lucky.

Saint Seiya Omega 51 (S1 END)

I guess the action in this one was sort of nice, but this episode as a finale for the season bugged me, since there's not denouement at all. The battle ends and then... that's it. Sure, Koga gets one scene with Aria, but honestly it feels incomplete.

Oh, and I'm still kind of annoyed that they never even say why the dark cosmo is a bad thing. Like ever. So Koga's sheer insistence not to do anything with it sucked my enjoyment a tad.

Probably hoping on to the original Saint Seiya in a bit, since I hear S2 of Omega is more focused on references to the older stuff.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Soul Eater Not!

The Yuri undertones get stronger by the week. We may have full on scissoring by the end of the season.

One can only hope :3

Shuffle! 22-24

I was surprised that

I wanted to say something every time you mentioned that he chose the
normal girl
, but I didn't want to spoil anything either :p

Yes and no. Yes in that I have an account, but no in that I never tweet anything from it and just use it to manage following news/company accounts and such.

Ah, ok.

Nah. That's the inside of my mind:

Sorairo is like Junior Herpes. He just keeps coming back. But I don't mean that negatively. I just couldn't think of a positive simile.

Also finally beat NG in Dark Souls 2. Now I'll be back here often again talking about nothing and smh'ing at you guys posting lewd images.

I'm back y'all
hMvCwic.gif

CorvoSol

Cap'n Earthmerica 2

What is with anime girls and magical squirrel things? Nausicaa had one. This girl has one. There was that one in Gargantia.

Also Slave Crowns are totally something.

Not sure how I feel about any designs in this show yet, but gosh, it all looks so nice in motion!

jgminto

Cap'n Earthmerica 2

What is with anime girls and magical squirrel things? Nausicaa had one. This girl has one. There was that one in Gargantia.

It's a mascot. Like Luna in Sailor Moon, or Kero in Cardcaptor Sakura, or that bird thing in Yamibou. Don't you know that every show with a young girl in the main cast needs a
terrible
mascot?

Saint Seiya (1986) 01

"Have you ever felt your Cosmo?"

Okay, Seiya has had more personality in one episode than Koga did in 51. I'm very excited. Though this does kind of make me wonder why there are people in Omega who've never heard of Saints, since they don't seem to be hiding it at ALL in this, considering Athena is having a public Bronze tournament for all to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom