• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nanananananana's Buried Treasure 03

Ehhhhh I just can't get a feel for this show. Doesn't seem bad or anything, but I just don't like it for whatever reason. So I guess I'll drop it for good.

Chaika 5

Interesting turn of events. Speculation:
Theres a Chaika for every feeling/mood like anger, joy etc. Together, they make up the OG Chaika. Theres 3 more I think that's already been confirmed. Though the cut on their necks make them look like theyre reanimated zombies.
Shows getting pretty good now.

Stunning lack of murderous cat/dragon loli girl this episode though. Shame.

#TeamChaika. But Akari is cool too.

cajunator

Banned
Chaika 5

Theres a Chaika for every feeling/mood like anger, joy etc. Together, they make up the OG Chaika. Theres 3 more I think that's already been confirmed. Though the cut on their necks make them look like theyre reanimated zombies.

that reminds me of Mahoraba a little bit.

Link Man

Banned
Chaika 5

A cat is fine too?

Black Bullet 4
black-bullet-ep-4-image-05.jpg
Thoughts during episode:
- Alright here we go.
- This situation is pretty sticky.
- Still really digging this OP.
- Wait they called this episode Black Bullet. You always save the title name for the season finale. Wha....
- Yup.
Shogun is down. Totally knew his sword was in his back.
- HOLY HELL. SHE SCARED THE CRAP OUT OF ME!!
- Okay. Rentaro is now officially a BA.
- Okay I kind of take that back.
- I once again will retract the last statement. Rentaro is awesome!
- This is intense.
- And there goes the entire Black Bullet budget. That was pretty awesome.
- Oh no....
- That's really sad.
- I like this music right now.
- Wait, Enju was lied to? No....

Summary:
That was a great episode of Black Bullet. Shot the show up into the amazing category for this seasons shows. The battles were intense. It had great progression. It had it's own
sad scene near the end
. It was all pretty great. Felt like a season finale in pretty much all respects but I am glad that it's still gonna keep going. Those cliffhangers are something else. I want to know what happens next!

Black Bullet 4

Thoughts during episode:
- Alright here we go.
- This situation is pretty sticky.
- Still really digging this OP.
- Wait they called this episode Black Bullet. You always save the title name for the season finale. Wha....
- Yup.
Shogun is down. Totally knew his sword was in his back.
- HOLY HELL. SHE SCARED THE CRAP OUT OF ME!!
- Okay. Rentaro is now officially a BA.
- Okay I kind of take that back.
- I once again will retract the last statement. Rentaro is awesome!
- This is intense.
- And there goes the entire Black Bullet budget. That was pretty awesome.
- Oh no....
- That's really sad.
- I like this music right now.
- Wait, Enju was lied to? No....

Summary:
That was a great episode of Black Bullet. Shot the show up into the amazing category for this seasons shows. The battles were intense. It had great progression. It had it's own
sad scene near the end
. It was all pretty great. Felt like a season finale in pretty much all respects but I am glad that it's still gonna keep going. Those cliffhangers are something else. I want to know what happens next!

You know the manga version of this episode was way better since they rushed some scenes especially with Kisara. Aside from that the episode was great but it could of been better. You need to watch episode 5 though, it was really great and funny for me.

cnet128

Banned
Heartcatch Precure! 49 END

There are no words.

Best. Final. Episode. Ever.

I'm tempted to say I mean that in the context of anime in general rather than just Precure. That's how good it was.

ALL SUPER SILHOUETTE ALL THE TIME

GIANT GATTAI PRECURE OF STARS AND LOVE IN SPACE

PRECURE FIST PUNCH

PRECURE FIST PUNCH!!!

SO MANY HILARIOUS ERIKA FACES I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH THEM ALL

PRECURE!!! FIST!!! PUNCH!!!

TSUBOMI IMOUTO GET AND TSUBOMI GLASSES MODE AND LONGERHAIR GIRLSUNIFORM ITSUKI AND DID I MENTION THE FACES AND HUMAN KUMOJAKI AND ACOUSTIC VERSION OF THE OP AND OH MY GOD PRECURE FIST PUNCH!!!

HEARTCATCH PRECURE, IF ERIKA WAS NOT ALREADY MY GOD I WOULD BOW DOWN TO YOU AS MY GOD

IF THERE WAS ANY JUSTICE IN THE WORLD THIS SHOW WOULD NEVER END GUYS WHY IS IT OVER IT HURTS SO MUCH AT LEAST I STILL HAVE THE MOVIE BUT STILL SERIOUSLY GUYS WHY

Ahem. So.

I guess I have to finish off with thoughts on the series as a whole, so allow me a moment while I compose myself and regain some semblance of sanity.

Right.

So.

Cure rankings:

Marine > all of creation.

Oh, and I guess Sunshine > Blossom > COPPE-SAMA > Flower > Kumojaki > Dune > Dark Precure > Sabark > Cobraja > Snackeys > Sasorina > Moonlight.

But really who cares. It's all about the Erika. Everyone else - everything else - every other concept in the known universe and beyond - pales in comparison.

Now, to get a little more down-to-earth, even though the final episode was a miracle of the highest order and Erika makes mere miracles look like dirt, I don't actually think everything about Heartcatch Precure as a whole was perfect. For one thing, it ended. For another, it didn't include enough Erika (though this may be a slightly unfair complaint considering there's no such thing). It was definitely held back somewhat by excessive reliance on formula. As far as the actual overarching plot goes, it earns points for including lots of fun novel plot elements to keep viewers guessing, but it didn't feel like the plot was particularly well-paced or well-integrated as a whole. It was more like the majority of the series was made up of "normal" non-plot episodes and then exciting plot developments were just kind of thrown in at random intervals. Even the grand finale just kind of materialised suddenly with little in the way of build-up. It worked, certainly, but it wasn't ideal. (For ideal plot pacing and integration, see: Fresh Precure.)

It also wasn't the best Precure series I've seen so far in terms of enemy characters, being beaten by at least both Fresh and Splash Star in that regard. And while I liked the hyperactive mascots quite a lot in the end (especially adorable Potpourri), they were definitely a little one-note compared to other series.

But honestly I can't bring myself to dwell on the negatives of this show when it has so goddamn much going for it. Have I mentioned how much I love the Umakoshi character designs in this series? They're honestly the greatest thing ever. If there's one thing that makes me incredibly sorrowful, it's that no matter how good Happiness Charge turns out to be when I get to it (and I do have high hopes based on the impressions I've seen around here), it will never come close to Heartcatch in that area. I really, really want Umakoshi to come back to Precure. Like, really. I'll watch Doremi and I'll watch Casshern Sins and so on and so forth, but I don't think even other Umakoshi series will quite reach the same perfection that he achieved with Heartcatch. There's something about the whole style of it that is just untouchable.

Butyeah.

I think that just about covers my feelings on the series. Next up, the Heartcatch movie, and then it's on to Suite!

...I can feel the downgrade already.

Jintor

Soul Eater Not - Episode 5

What is going on and why is SDBurton suddenly writing all the shows I'm watching this season. It's really weird! This entire show feels like it has no reason to exist other than to have random yuri adventures in the world of Soul Eater. This episode in particular felt like on long yuri doujin without the sex. Someone stop SDBurton before he takes over everything this season!

isn't it great? \o/

Fox318

I watched all of Chihayafuru on Crunchyroll this weekend. Love triangle was a little week but I really enjoyed the series.

Anything else like it?

Jintor

Soul Eater NOT! 5

Uh... wow they were never this explicit about it in the manga. Lol. Goddamnit SDBurton

haha holy shit and then they had a shot of kim kicking off her pants. Fantastic

It's kind of odd how most of the 'oh yeah there's a larger plot going' scenes don't feel very natural... I think there's been a failure of direction somewhere along the line. Of course, the artstyle doesn't help. It's kind of cute at least for the chicks, but it really falls down for the adults and stuff.

Anyway this episode seemed uglier than normal. I dunno what's up. Background sizes and perspective seemed off.

Oh hey witch tiem. This confession scene kind of sucks. I'm not convinced Kim would just spill her guts like that. Maybe it's just these kinda meh translations.

lol sure it's not love jacqueline

Syrinx

Aikatsu! 63

It's always a fucking tie. And what animals were those outfits supposed to represent?

And goddamn at enka singer's dress. That's not even a dress. More like an elaborately designed platform she stood on that stood 10 stories tall.

64 years? That means that the first Red-White battle was in 1950. Were idols even a thing back then?

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Soul Eater NOT! - 05 *the remaining 19 minutes*

dp6xVAK.png
g8E6jMx.png

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Soooooooooo much better than last week's episode! I was hoping we'd get an episode focused on Kim & Jackie and this one delivered on all fronts. This is your bread 'n butter Soul Eater NOT! do not deviate from the purity!

Somebody remind me, why did the writer bother making this Soul Eater if they were just going to yuri pander? Why not just make it about any other magical school? Why do they have to take my heart out and stomp it on the floor? It's like if somebody make a new season of Yamato 2199 and instead made it Yamato 2199: The Adventures of the Housewives that Stayed Behind as they Go Grocery Shopping

Articalys

NGNL 5

Only the game scenes were of any real interest. Hopefully the upcoming challenge next week is as good as the first major battle was.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Soul eater NOT! - 05

PRAISE THE MOTHERFREAKING GARDEN!

Sdburton , are you OK ? please Post if you are OK!!

You guys cannot imagine the gigantic grin i had on my face during the whole episode...
It's too bad this episode had a little bit of "quality", some rough scenes here and there, but overall it was quite a fun watch.

In summary : New ship complete
More cameos next week and more cool moments ..can't wait.

Soul Eater Not 5
This episode was on :SDBurton overdrive.
The face both of them had the end was so adorable.

One Week Weirdos - Episode 5

You know, this might be just what the show needs to keep it going. I wonder if SDBurton is watching this, because it seems to be a case study of how :sdburton is the real solution to all troubles, no matter how convoluted. Power of the garden, etc. I really like this new girl for some reason. Her voice, her personality, the way she moves, everything about it is so weird, but it seems to bring the best out of Fujimiya. If only dresden could have her same outlook on life, he would be able to enjoy this show too regardless of how stupid Fujimiya's ailment is!

Oh, so that's the additional show I should be reading.

I just homed in on the :SDBurton bit mind.

Soul Eater Not - Episode 5

What is going on and why is SDBurton suddenly writing all the shows I'm watching this season. It's really weird! This entire show feels like it has no reason to exist other than to have random yuri adventures in the world of Soul Eater. This episode in particular felt like on long yuri doujin without the sex. Someone stop SDBurton before he takes over everything this season!

I'm not complaining , May sdburton soul shine upon every anime this season !

TnSMmmhmmm.gif

Embrace the purity, or be destroyed by it. :p

Jokes aside, thanks for the heads up about One Week Friends duckroll, I'll check it here in a bit. In regards to Soul Eater Not I wished I could've made impressions of this yesterday but I went to bed super early so I could get up in time for the start of the JP CBT of Blade&Soul. Which is amazing by the way!

Kung-fu masters never looked so good!

Engage Your Dinner: Kiss Dum - Episode 13

Hey guys you want to eat some Hardian? I heard they contain these delightful amino acids so they're good for you. If you don't eat your Hardians then these oddly dressed nutritionists will say you're a failure repeatedly.

Also massive plot twist this episode. You will never believe this...cooking meat over a fire makes you a failure!

Actually it's
the other Shu is still doing stuff and Yuno is still alive...somehow. I have no idea how this makes any sense. Although this series does a very good job in not making sense quite easily.

Also the commander
sends creepy drones spying on Swimsuit Girl while she's swimming.
Now that's no good at all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom