• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.
no FeMC no sale

I don't think you could chose to play as a female in P4G could you? I don't remember that being a thing. I thought that was a P3P thing.

Anyways you can only adapt something so many times. I own P4 the Animation. It was fine the way it is.

I watched it. I cannot think of a single positive aspect of the show.

:,(

I liked it.

Im just pissed that the blurays dont have Katyusha in it. they replaced it with Tetris.

What?! Why?

--------------------------------------

All caught up. Internet was down yesterday so I decided to watch something from the library and I decided to rewatch.....

Baka-Test-image-3.jpg

Baka & Test Season 2

I just love this show way to much. I just laugh at everything. Silver Link why no season 3????

This scene just LOL.

cajunator

Banned
I don't think you could chose to play as a female in P4G could you? I don't remember that being a thing. I thought that was a P3P thing.

Anyways you can only adapt something so many times. I own P4 the Animation. It was fine the way it is.

:,(

I liked it.

What?! Why?

--------------------------------------

All caught up. Internet was down yesterday so I decided to watch something from the library and I decided to rewatch.....

Baka-Test-image-3.jpg

Baka & Test Season 2

I just love this show way to much. I just laugh at everything. Silver Link why no season 3????

You couldt. I just like FeMC cause shes a cutie.

song licensing reasons killed Katyusha

Midonin

If Her Flag Breaks 05

On this week's A Harem Called Quest, some individual moments. The entire episode was fun, even with the bit players. Nanami's tsundere is showing. She enjoys being home alone (and sure, who doesn't?), but deep down she wanted a date, she's just too proud to admit it. I think of the main girls, Kikuno may be my favorite - she has the doting older sister type and a very Nyarko-like performance from Kana Asumi. It's an unbeatable combination. But Rin may be the most memorable with her backstory. Getting into one of those peeing races with kid!Souta. That's... that's quite a thing.

Wonder who this new girl at the end is.

Baka & Test Season 2

This scene just LOL.

Baka Test is fucking hilarious. I especially love the black and white :DTL joke scenes between the two leads. That show was one of the few that did perverted humor right. Mainly because instead of focusing on perverted scenes, it had perverts who lost gallons of blood for no reason

No Game No Life 5

Oh god that Laputa reference had me spit out my metaphorical drink. Reference humor may be easy and cheap, but it works really well. I still like the male lead way too much. Steph is growing on me, and it'll be hard to beat her as best girl after the WRYYYYYYYYYY she made a couple of episodes ago. But the new
angel
and her silly voice might just do the trick.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Heartcatch Precure 3-4

I guess it's hard to say too much about a MOTW show like this. It's all fairly formulaic like 90% of the time. But I mean, I watch Sentai and Kamen Rider, so I'm used to this. I'm definitely enjoying it though.

Also Kumojacky is pretty boss. Looks like he stepped right out of an 80s Leiji Matsumoto show.

All in due course. Will get to it sometime this month.

Yaaaaaay! *Patiently sits and waits*

Heartcatch Precure 3-4

I guess it's hard to say too much about a MOTW show like this. It's all fairly formulaic like 90% of the time. But I mean, I watch Sentai and Kamen Rider, so I'm used to this. I'm definitely enjoying it though.

Also Kumojacky is pretty boss. Looks like he stepped right out of an 80s Leiji Matsumoto show.

Looks to me like stepped right out of Tales of The Abyss.

Normal_Lukestatart.jpg

Ive had S1 for a long time. Not sure I like it enough to buy S2 but maybe one day.

Both seasons are hilarious. It's a show you don't have to think about too much. It has a storyline but it's almost pure comedy. Just sit back and enjoy. I love both seasons equally and the OVA's enrich season 2 and make some of the inside jokes even funnier.

And personally I think the English cast is great and arguably do a better job then the Japanese cast. Blasphemy I know but I certainly enjoyed the English more.

S2 is pretty good but not quite on the level of S1. The OP for it is great though!

The OP was pretty great. The OVA's had the best OP though.

Chaika - The Coffin Princess 5

Man, was hoping for more Dragoon. What the hell happened to it? I figured with last week's preview it was going to be all about the Dragoon. And damn at the red team with the job changes.

Chaika episode 5

h9jw3iN.png

I'M SEEING DOUBLE HERE!
FOUR CHAIKAS!

And yeah the dragoon had a presence at the beginning of the episode then all but disappeared. I guess this means
she isn't an official part of the gang, just follows them around and appears when it's convenient
. So I guess this is another similarity to coffin princess. Seriously this author just wanted to write the same story.

cajunator

Banned
Chaika episode 5

h9jw3iN.png

I'M SEEING DOUBLE HERE!
FOUR CHAIKAS!

And yeah the dragoon had a presence at the beginning of the episode then all but disappeared. I guess this means
she isn't an official part of the gang, just follows them around and appears when it's convenient
. So I guess this is another similarity to coffin princess. Seriously this author just wanted to write the same story.

wat

Ive had S1 for a long time. Not sure I like it enough to buy S2 but maybe one day.

That's going to be a bit challenging seeing as the LE Season 2 package of Baka and Test is OOP, and a regular edition was never solicited. FUNi still has the first season regular edition and OVA still available though. Hopefully it is only a matter of time before a Anime Classics/S.A.V.E. version comes around for the series as this is something I never got around to purchasing.

cnet128

Banned
Hitsugi no Chaika 5

Shiiiiiiiit
one Chaika is already a cuteness overload, more is just plain dangerous! Thankfully(?) the new Chaika we meet today isn't quite as adorable as the one we know and love, but that short hair look certainly has its appeal. And the knowledge that there are even more of them out there... >.<

That's going to be a bit challenging seeing as the LE Season 2 package of Baka and Test is OOP, and a regular edition was never solicited. FUNi still has the first season regular edition and OVA still available though. Hopefully it is only a matter of time before a Anime Classics/S.A.V.E. version comes around for the series as this is something I never got around to purchasing.

I have the box sets for both seasons. I just love it so much.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I watched the Mushishi special/OVA/thing thinking it was the first episode of the new season (it is marked "episode 1" on my Crunchyroll PS3 app and rather confusingly placed next to the actual first episode of the season) and was totally not expecting either the doubled length or the startling initial absence of Ginko. It wasn't bad by any means, but I do feel like both of those things made for a loss of some of the intangible magic of the first season. The concision allowed for by a twenty minute space is part of what makes each little self-contained story in the series so satisfying, I think.

I didn't have time to watch any more, but I'm stuck on bed rest for the remainder of the week so I imagine that'll change.
The OVA is kind of my least favorite part of all things Mushishi. In a lot of ways it feels like it's trying to just appease its audience, and in that sense I found it difficult to really take seriously. Everything about it came across as very forced, from the way old characters were trotted out to the protracted run time.

Mature

Urusei Yatsura - 10
Aw, that was charming. Megane is a mad man. Lum is the best.

Urusei Yatsura - 11
I guess that's one way to introduce a character. Not sure how I feel about the episodes that sort of have a one-shot gimmick to them, like a different time period or a single-episode character. They're not bad, but I don't think they're better than the shenanigans of the main cast.

cajunator

Banned

I enjoy a good challenge sometimes.

Midonin

Black&#9733;Rock Shooter OVA

In retrospect, I'm not sure why I passed over B&#9733;RS back when it was new. Maybe the character designs looked too "edgy" for my tastes, because the idea of parallel worlds and a largely girl cast is exactly the sort of the thing that should appeal to me. Maybe the idea of an anime based on a song confused me, so I didn't hesitate with Mekaku City this season. Whatever the reason, now's a good time as any to see what it's about.

A simple story as old as time itself. Girl meets girl. Girl meets other girl. Girl loses girl. Girl transforms into a flaming-eyed, gun-wielding version of herself in a ruined landscape in order to fight the first girl and prove her worth for the garden. With just the school life side, it would be pleasant, and with just the otherworld side, it would be cool to look at but lack context beyond the most basic of levels. Making it a symbolic (I think?) battle gives it the weight necessary, and the school life stuff was fine on its own. Lots of famous voices, too. HanaKana, Miyukichi and Asumisu in one cast is a fine combination, though Strength didn't do much besides look on things teasingly.

The use of montage and silence was well done, and the story simple but effective. As a short film, it accomplishes its purpose. Yuu wasn't intentionally trying to do anything to separate them, but her heavy-eyed look in the end hints that maybe it wasn't so... did I pick all three List shows that involve yanderes? I've heard mixed opinions on the TV series, but that's for tomorrow. For now, I'm satisfied with stopping here. It's not quite a magical girl series, but the superpowered alterego has always been something I can support.

Hitsugi no Chaika 5

Shiiiiiiiit
one Chaika is already a cuteness overload, more is just plain dangerous! Thankfully(?) the new Chaika we meet today isn't quite as adorable as the one we know and love, but that short hair look certainly has its appeal. And the knowledge that there are even more of them out there... >.<

Wat? People actually like Chaika over Akari?

I have the box sets for both seasons. I just love it so much.
I am quite disappointed in myself for not getting the LEs when they were available.

I enjoy a good challenge sometimes.
I am not willing to risk buying from Amazon 3rd party sellers and definitely not using eBay. I will wait until FUNi hopefully does a proper re-release, or at least purchase the OVA collection to show my support to the series.

JoeFu

Banned
Kanojo ga flag - 05

I'm liking this show a lot. All the characters are likable, and it's fun seeing how well they all get along. Looking forward to whatever happens whenever the party assembles. GAWO GAWO

cnet128

Banned
Wat? People actually like Chaika over Akari?

Wait, there are people who like—

THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO LIKE AKARI
SHOCKING REVELATIONS

Oh, I see I'm late to that party XD

Seriously, how anyone could feasibly prefer Akari to Chaika is beyond me. Chaika is one of the cutest and best girls of the season, Akari is...maybe not quite one of the worst, because she does occasionally have highly entertaining lines and there are some dull as fuck shows this season, but she's down there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom