• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hapiness Charge Precure - 14
HCP is one of the best season of precure , there is no doubt at this point ...14 eps and the show is this strong ? It's like a love letter to the fans.
Happiness_Charge_Precure_14_01.jpg
Happiness_Charge_Precure_14_02.jpg
Happiness_Charge_Precure_14_03.jpg

So enjoyable !
So this episode 14 is a long array of kamen rider references , of clam word jokes and a aspect of derision that didn't prevent them from touching some key points of forshadowing....inclding a very nasty parrallel between megumi and our antagonists.

I love it.

Now on the fight, some changes in concept happenned here , including the fact that multiples people got trapped in one mirror ! ( a first i believe ) and that form changes are NOT LIMITED TO ONE ATTACK !
I repeat: form changes can launch multiple différent attacks in a row !!
1397419412164.gif

Olé ! Best #form change untill we see cure honey's
This is a #GAMECHANGER ! i was ready to see them as advertisements for rare cards as part of their toy business but NO! They actually managed to create a system that make sense in context and is fun to watch.

Congrats.
The teamwork was excellent , each precure has a vast number of different attacks and right now they are using them perfectly. The vilains will need to step-up their game if they want to compensate

HAPINESS INJECTION : CHAAAAARGE !!!
9/10 episode

What's the general consensus on Claymore anime? Is it any good?

Claymore anime is not bad ....untill they decided to go "filler route" and full of nonsense at the end.
Good adaptation at the start and then everything fall appart in the last part.

Enjoyable but not recommanded

Aizo

Banned
I imagine someone has posted about this before, but I just wanted to make sure. It's essentially The Onion News, but for anime. I figure many of you will find it entertaining.
http://www.animemaru.com/
Dinner1.jpg

Dinner2.jpg

AnimeMaru.com said:
President Obama was the star of the evening at last night’s White House Anime Correspondents Dinner, sending a string of comedic jabs at Russian President Vladimir Putin. “I think he enjoyed Sekai Seifuku a little too much,” said the President. “He thinks he’s a member of Zvezda or something.”

Other articles include "Planetary Reclassification Forces Toei to Abandon Sailor Pluto in New Anime," "Fans Eagerly Wait for New Shows to Start Sucking," and "Urobuchi Gen Retires After Receiving Internet Criticism."

Haikyuu!

This is good. Good animation, sharp character design, decent character dynamics and rivalries, thrilling moments in the games. It also had a lots of cute male characters showing their delicate feelings.
Oh my god am I turning into a fujoshi?

Shengar

Claymore anime is not bad ....untill they decided to go "filler route" and full of nonsense at the end.
Good adaptation at the start and then everything fall appart in the last part.

Enjoyable but not recommanded
Damn, thanks for the warning.
I think I might used that money for Black Lagoon BD instead. That one is good right?
I imagine someone has posted about this before, but I just wanted to make sure. It's essentially The Onion News, but for anime. I figure many of you will find it entertaining.
http://www.animemaru.com/

Other articles include "Planetary Reclassification Forces Toei to Abandon Sailor Pluto in New Anime," "Fans Eagerly Wait for New Shows to Start Sucking," and "Urobuchi Gen Retires After Receiving Internet Criticism."

That really got my sides

SvFco94.png

Oh yes, trust all your body to your senpai. He also said he will bring out all your physical potential, if you know what I mean.

Detecting all the hidden the innuendo is kind of fun. edit: reading all Genshiken has also perturbed my pure mind and now I see this stuff. Ack!

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I told you people that this was the year of yuri, not sure why that is the case, but the lily flowers are clearly blowing in the wind.

Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket - 1

I had trouble shaking off that tonal shift going from destructive base infiltration to grade school antics in the first half. It was only after they started introducing the distance Al has with his parents and his naive fascination with Gundams did I start becoming interested and acclimated to its tone.

It was also weird seeing his friends act totally unfazed by the surprise destruction of an invading Zaku, which sonicmj1 already mentioned. Getting rid of that line, "Are you cutting class?" would have done wonders!

Damn, thanks for the warning.
I think I might used that money for Black Lagoon BD instead. That one is good right?

Black lagoon does follow the original story almost perfectly and is a great adaptation.
I dunno about the BD , since i haven't bought them ( yet )

-------------------------
Two chaika for the price of one - 05

Red chaika is alright, she does bring some good arguementation on being a great girl , even if i disagree on her
revenge
plans.
But white chaika is better.
Snake sword is such a good weapon.

HappinessCharge Precure 14

Nafe gained more fans that day.

AND LOOK AT THAT KID! WHAT A BOSS! ALREADY CREATED A LOVE TRIANGLE! LOOK AT HIM! HE'S MORE OF A BALLER THAN ANY MALE CURE! AND HE LOVES KAMEN RIDER! And he's looking to impress KirbYuuYuu and Hitokage by showing off his clam-digging skills! Don't fuck with this Kamen Rider fan.

What a fucking boss! Hope he and that other new girl makes more appearances.

That being said, 2D CHERRY FLAMENCO! ACTUAL FIGHTING BEYOND MOOKS WITH FORMCHANGES! Yeeeeeeeees! The Meteor was back!

To this day, HapCha is still delivering. Also a bit of plot moments happened. Hitokage is a bit depressed really, and showing off a new emotion called love.... and thus we learn about paralellograms.

NEXT TIME, Mother's Day in Windows XP Sky Kingdom. Brought to you by Heartcatch's Mother's Day episode... and HC34

Midonin

Is The Order a Rabbit? 05

Sharo has the cutest moments, but Chiya may be my favorite member of the cast thus far. I love everybody, but Chiya's eccentricities amuse me the most. The way her volleyballs always went directly to Cocoa's face, coupled with her innate dodging ability and her previous flowery naming sense, put her in the running for my favorite. Seeing Rize in other environments was cute, and the father's day story at the end was heartwarming. The best anime father's day episode was in Smile Precure, but this one ended on a touching note, too, in everyone's story. And we got a brief cameo from Aoyama Blue Mountain, another Saori Hayami character this season. Such an adorable little show.

Puchimas! - 30
What a stupid way to die.

What a stupid way to avoid dying !

Puchimas%21%21%20-%2030.jpg

Look at all this hapiness !

Puchimas! - 31
You need surely some magical habilities if you want to work as a secretary !
Puchimas%21%21%20-%2031.jpg

It's no use !!!

Puchimas! - 32
One does NOT cook a meal with mysterious white powder !

Puchimas! - 33
Are you ready to die to protect that smile ?
The effect of the producers was "perfect !"
Puchimas! - 34
well ..antartica is a place where those things happen

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
And yet if I buy wine as a gift for a minor it's illegal! Where's the justice!?

Wait... I didn't mean it like that!

My anime pick-ups for april 2014
Gonna enjoy that panzer Vor blu-rays.

To think that i almost dropped this show when it aired ( first episode bad impression )

Hopefully the image quality for everything is nice.
Next month :
-highschool dxd , fate zero

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Heartcatch Precure 5

Ramen or something I guess. Fairly standard episode.

Heartcatch Precure 6

The hypest butt-punching in anime! Also I kinda wish I hadn't been spoiled on the fact that
the prez is actually Cure Sunshine
. Though I suppose I'd have figured it out eventually.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventures: Battle Tendency

Defiantly an improvement over phantom blood. Watching Joseph in action made me realize how boring of a character Jonathan was, hell, even Cesar's a better partner to his Jojo than Zeppeli ever was.
And his death was much more impactful.
Sadly the issue of dragging out fighting still remains but is handled much better this go around. But the last stretch with Kars was a bit of a wet noodle. Jojo is just able to magically get out of too absurd a of situation and I hate that it follows the Shounen convention that the main guy has to defeat all three statue men.
At least Ceaser goes down like a warrior but Lisa Lisa was straight punked and I was really bummed by that.
Without a doubt my favorite part of the whole series was the little mini arc with the first statue in Mexico. It turned into a mini monster/horror movie a la "The Thing." Really good stuff.
Now off the Stardust Crusaders.

Tenumi

Banned
Futari wa Pretty Cure: 02

The villian guy looks like a Naruto reject. Also, usually new powers, new fairies shenanigans.

...I've got a feeling I'm going to end up rather snarky for this season. Probably series fatigue.

GJ-Bu OVA
meh. too much drama and Mao.

Going to have to wait until next week to receive the Blu-ray for the GJ-bu@ special. I enjoyed GJ-bu for the seiyuu, so Mao's drama will have to be solved by biting Kyoro more.

On a side note, I was disappointed to find out that the original LNs for the series are published by Shogakukan, so there is likely no chance of ever seeing the LNs licensed by VIZ.

I don't get it, why would you mock them.

Really all who watch anime are deserving of mockery, but those who watch trainwreck productions such as Ping Pong, Psychopass, Attack on Titan, etc. are particularly deserving of scorn.

Still better then Nanana's Buried Treasure.

Whoop de doo, a show is less crappy than another show. This sort of argument, "At least X is better than Y!" is only used by people who can't make any justifiable argument that X is worthwhile in and of itself.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Well, that being said, I do think Ping Pong The Animation has held up in spite of the production issues and it one of the better titles this season, though as a sports anime, I like it less then Baby Steps.

Tenumi

Banned
Happiness Charge Precure: 14

So the lesson of the day is that kids are adorable. I'm OK with that, learned it long ago.

Don't have the same feeling of series fatigue when I watch this, though. Odd.

survivor

Banned
Ping Pong 5
in your face pepsi advertisement

Akuma's resentment of Smile and the flashback showing his limit as a professional player was pretty good. Although it felt like it happened too quickly, for some reason I remember the manga spending a bit more time on him before leaving the team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom