• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Ping Pong The Animation Episode 5:

Must drink Pepsi products for some reason.........

Anyway, while the histrionics of hosannainexcelsis over the production issues this show is having are certainly overstated right now, they are getting more and more glaring as I saw so some of the looping placeholder animation. I will say that this show being as ultra-stylised as it is is able to hind such flaws much better then Attack on Titan ever did.
I am going to miss Wenge, I liked him and it is sort of sad to seem him exit the series so unceremoniously. Akuma, I will not miss as he was always a little shithead wannabe. Damn did Smile ever deliver some much needed ice burns to his ass.

Hattori

Banned
Going to have to wait until next week to receive the Blu-ray for the GJ-bu@ special. I enjoyed GJ-bu for the seiyuu, so Mao's drama will have to be solved by biting Kyoro more.

On a side note, I was disappointed to find out that the original LNs for the series are published by Shogakukan, so there is likely no chance of ever seeing the LNs licensed by VIZ.
It wasn't bad, just not a big fan of Mao.

----
Gundam Wing 1
This will only be my second watching this show so everything feels fresh to me. I've completely forgotten how awesome the ED theme was until now. It definitely has that 80s/90s feel to it.
hJunAqa.png
----
nice avatar dimb

Midonin

Nanana's Buried Treasure 05

In this episode, Jugo transports literal, non-metric briefcase of something white and coveted to scrape up the money needed to pay for his apartment because Nanana's video games are draining the electricity. (
It's flour.
) Good moments for everyone this week. Tensai remains the best, but Daruku got a good showing at the beginning and I like the new girl working in the Tsukuyomi district. She's cute - and I'll be hearing her voice again in a matter of minutes. Sounds like a hot springs episode is on the way.

Syrinx

Happiness Charge Precure 14

Was YuuYuu really offering candy to a kid who thought he was gonna vomit on the bus? That only helps if you want him to have rainbow-colored vomit (if you want to know more about rainbow-colored vomit, ask cajunator).

Hime's reaction when Megumi said she was "Megumiman" was the highlight of the episode.

cajunator

Banned
I wish I wasn't at work right now so I could actually dare to watch this.

I would have thought Usopp is Pride (since his whole deal is bigging himself up) and Chopper is Envy (since his initial conflict was wishing he could fit in like all the other reindeer/humans).

Which leaves Wrath and Sloth, either of which could work for Zoro (he has a notoriously bad attitude and is sleeping all the time), but I don't see how Sloth could work for Robin, so she'll have to take Wrath (which is definitely the weakest link, but makes a certain amount of sense considering she's the one with the biggest reason to hate the World Government and has her "dark" side).

But yeah, I doubt any of it's intentional.

Insert obligatory they have a word for it link here.

My coworkers are reading 50 Shades of Grey and giggling about it out loud in the office so Im pretty sure I could watch a nsfw video lol.
I definitely do not ever want to watch that movie.

Looks pretty much like I expected, but I fear they have messed up Rin and that is possibly unforgiveable.

Theonik

Ping Pong has done a fairly good job of hiding it's production budget woes so far, have not yet watched episode 5 but in the past two episodes the matches still looked good. The bystanders in the crowd and ref do not move at all, though. The ones that aren't painted into the background.

Midonin

This Week in Puchimas

Aww, the Iori birthday episodes were cute. Puchimas Yayoi is even cuter than mainline Yayoi. (Funi's a bit behind. They're not posting double-episodes on double-episode days.)

Inugami & Nekoyama 05

Yay, karaoke episode! A dark room with mood music is a perfect place for some flirting to happen. But who will bell the cat?

Link Man

Banned
Nanana 5

Well, that's one way to start an episode.

Damn those hidden costs!

i9GeYZYIScxFu.jpg

...cnet should like this episode.

Now that's some tasty-looking cake.

Naruto Shippuden 361

Quick Orochimaru, Jiraiya, and Tsunade cameo along with Kakashi passing Team seven to finish out the filler.

Disliked how much time Kakashi spent being depressed over Obito and Rin. They really shouldn't have dragged it out as long as they had.

Still disappointed they never showed why he loved the books so much.

Narag

I laugh at the poor people still watching Ping Pong. What a trainwreck of a show.

Really all who watch anime are deserving of mockery, but those who watch trainwreck productions such as Ping Pong, Psychopass, Attack on Titan, etc. are particularly deserving of scorn.

Whoop de doo, a show is less crappy than another show. This sort of argument, "At least X is better than Y!" is only used by people who can't make any justifiable argument that X is worthwhile in and of itself.

Have you really taken to despising people in here to the point this is necessary?

I understand you possess a degree of self-loathing but it's strange when someone I've always perceived to be well respected here decides to go on the offensive. It's worrisome.

We already awarded AotY to Puchimas. Get with the times.

I'm not watching it so it can't be AOTY

^^^^

Really all who watch anime are deserving of mockery, but those who watch trainwreck productions such as Ping Pong, Psychopass, Attack on Titan, etc. are particularly deserving of scorn.

Whoop de doo, a show is less crappy than another show. This sort of argument, "At least X is better than Y!" is only used by people who can't make any justifiable argument that X is worthwhile in and of itself.

I liked all of those
jwu4xXX.gif

Heaven forbid people like media that isn't fucking 90% aggregate score.

Ping Pong has done a fairly good job of hiding it's production budget woes so far, have not yet watched episode 5 but in the past two episodes the matches still looked good. The bystanders in the crowd and ref do not move at all, though. The ones that aren't painted into the background.

Yeah, it helps when you have an art style that's stylized in such a way that it can sometimes be hard to tell what's intentionally made "ugly" for the style and what's bad budget constraints. Sometimes

Ping Pong 05

Pretty decent episode. At the least I can say that if you are interested in this show but have not picked it up, wait for the blu-rays. This is a show I can guarantee will change significantly with the BD additions. With that said, however, I didn't see many production problems this episode. I am pretty bad at picking those things up though.
I'll miss Wenge. He was my favorite. And I'm not sure if I like that the crux of the episode was NATURAL SKILL TRUMPS HARD WORK like this was Naruto

Joe Molotov

I had to take a Precure break after Doki Doki, but I'm back, and I'm catching up on HapCha and it feels so good. Gonna get caught up this weekend on the AOTY.

Midonin

selector infected WIXOSS 06

So Hitoe's not out of the story just yet. The fallout from her loss is clearly going to influence much of the story going forward. Akira's motivation has also come to light. Not for love or for friends, but for simple, petty revenge. That speech delivered by Iona's Lrig made clear a lot of what was going on. Ruko's still the Shinji Kido of these events, and Yuzuki's story is certainly melodramatic, but it's effective. Okada's theatrics have never been a dealbreaker for me. I associate anime with some degree of theatricality anyway, so having it there feels right. The most interesting aspect of this episode was the new girl, Chiyo and her talk of something called "WIXOSS factors" inside the girls. What are they? Midichlorians? The "infected" part of the title? This really needs to be elaborated on.

cnet128

Banned
Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu Ka? 5

This show is filled with fun and relaxing and cute and happiness.

It's difficult to pick a best girl....but Sharo is totally best girl. I think the scene with her "coming home" was the highlight of the episode xp

Pft. AoTY will be Glasslip. You just don't know it yet.

But seriously my AOTY has probably not started airing yet.... but Black Bullet and Nisekoi are up there currently. Along with Engaged to the Unidentified.

cnet128

Banned
Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san 5

Yeah, it's fairly common for shows to include their own OP or ED as a song in-universe, but I think this is the first time I've seen a show actually identify it as an anime song. It does raise a few questions XD

Moaradin

I caught up with Naruto right when this filler arc started, but I have to say, it wasn't bad. Had a little too much Kakashi moping about Rin and Obito for my taste, but it was a filler arc that felt like it fit in canon, which is the best thing I can say about it.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Did any of your shows correctly predict what the AotY prize would look like this year? Puchimas did and that's why it won automatically.

Pft. AoTY will be Glasslip. You just don't know it yet.

But seriously my AOTY has probably not started airing yet.... but Black Bullet and Nisekoi are up there currently. Along with Engaged to the Unidentified.

Mine would probably be Free! 2 but I think its too early to pinpoint what could be AOTY this early Aldnoah.Zero, Mahouka, Re:_Hamatora, BuddyComplex continuation, so many...

cajunator

Banned
Hapiness Charge Precure - 14
HCP is one of the best season of precure , there is no doubt at this point ...14 eps and the show is this strong ? It's like a love letter to the fans.

So this episode 14 is a long array of kamen rider references , of clam word jokes and a aspect of derision that didn't prevent them from touching some key points of forshadowing....inclding a very nasty parrallel between megumi and our antagonists.

I love it.

Now on the fight, some changes in concept happenned here , including the fact that multiples people got trapped in one mirror ! ( a first i believe ) and that form changes are NOT LIMITED TO ONE ATTACK !
I repeat: form changes can launch multiple différent attacks in a row !!

This is a #GAMECHANGER ! i was ready to see them as advertisements for rare cards as part of their toy business but NO! They actually managed to create a system that make sense in context and is fun to watch.

Congrats.
The teamwork was excellent , each precure has a vast number of different attacks and right now they are using them perfectly. The vilains will need to step-up their game if they want to compensate

HAPINESS INJECTION : CHAAAAARGE !!!
9/10 episode

This sounds remarkably similar to how people reacted to Heartcatch. Maybe there is something here.

I imagine someone has posted about this before, but I just wanted to make sure. It's essentially The Onion News, but for anime. I figure many of you will find it entertaining.
http://www.animemaru.com/
Dinner1.jpg

Dinner2.jpg

Other articles include "Planetary Reclassification Forces Toei to Abandon Sailor Pluto in New Anime," "Fans Eagerly Wait for New Shows to Start Sucking," and "Urobuchi Gen Retires After Receiving Internet Criticism."

That one is actually true.

I told you people that this was the year of yuri, not sure why that is the case, but the lily flowers are clearly blowing in the wind.

These are the glorious winds of change :D

5 Orders of Rabbit

This show, I can't. My heart can't take all this cute. Lize still the best.

Its a good pick me up for when work is going shitty lol.

My anime pick-ups for april 2014

Gonna enjoy that panzer Vor blu-rays.

To think that i almost dropped this show when it aired ( first episode bad impression )

Hopefully the image quality for everything is nice.
Next month :
-highschool dxd , fate zero

Nice GUP pick up. Unfortunately I think that too has the Tetris music in it.
Can you confirm which song is in it so I can decide to be jealous or not?

Futari wa Pretty Cure: 02

The villian guy looks like a Naruto reject. Also, usually new powers, new fairies shenanigans.

...I've got a feeling I'm going to end up rather snarky for this season. Probably series fatigue.

It does drag a bit. However, avoid Max Heart entirely because its the same shit extended another season. Series fatigue doesnt even begin to describe it.

Why are you being so cynical? I hate this method of thinking. Youre better than that.

No Game No Life is currently the best show from this year that I've seen. Although this may also be down to the fact that I've only watched two other shows this year. I'm watching too much old stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom