• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theonik

It's like if somebody make a new season of Yamato 2199 and instead made it Yamato 2199: The Adventures of the Housewives that Stayed Behind as they Go Grocery Shopping
I'd watch the shit out of that.

all year every year
It's the way it should be.

Red Chaika 5
Red Chaika is best, all hail Red Chaika.
Come on throw me a BONE here.

How long is one episode of ICE?

This is very important for future plans.
01: 41:31
02: 38:40
03: 30:34

Yes see? The war is already decided. There are only fools that deny it being so.

Host/Hostess?
Sure if they have a liver left after a shift.

Cutest phrase. I watch it on youtube every day for my daily dose and not ashamed to admit it!
And now for something different.

Thoraxes

Now I can know what it's like to be in love with two guys at once (for a rewatching).

Kiraboshi~

2014-05-0603.49.28lboem.jpg

Thoraxes

Whoa, what the hell is this? Never heard of this anime.

It's a mecha show with a quasi monster-of-the-week formula (1 battle per episode in the latter half of episodes, always has transformation scenes, fighting against a secret organization) by BONES. I liked it and saw the stock of volume 1 dwindling so I figured i'd jump in on it.

Basically a dude washes up on a beach and it turns out he has the power to stop them, so he uses it while functioning in his high-school life. It's pretty fabulous, the cast is pretty diverse, and overall it's a fun show.

The show was gorgeous when it was airing, and I heard the BDs took the art and animation to another level with the tweaks they did. It's a fun romp. If you like BONES you'll obviously like it, and if you don't then well, it definitely comes across as their style in both the story and art.

GIF of a finishing shot in an episode.

Zeppeli

Banned
It's a mecha show with a quasi monster-of-the-week formula (1 battle per episode in the latter half of episodes, always has transformation scenes, fighting against a secret organization) by BONES. I liked it and saw the stock of volume 1 dwindling so I figured i'd jump in on it.

Basically a dude washes up on a beach and it turns out he has the power to stop them, so he uses it while functioning in his high-school life. It's pretty fabulous, the cast is pretty diverse, and overall it's a fun show.

The show was gorgeous when it was airing, and I heard the BDs took the art and animation to another level with the tweaks they did. It's a fun romp. If you like BONES you'll obviously like it, and if you don't then well, it definitely comes across as their style in both the story and art.

Looking it up now. Thanks.

I'd watch the shit out of that.

"I can't believe it has been a year since our husbands left to try and find a way to save planet earth."

"I know right? I mean, any second now we could be receiving news that the Yamato failed. Or maybe the earth just isn't worth saving. What do we do then? Not only as possible widows, but as the human race? Where do we go from here? Do we simply go extinct? Make way for the next race? It's a horrible thought that has crossed my mind. I don't k-"

"Hey Mari-san, are Francesco's Wheat Pasta noodles as good as Ciao Bambino's?"

"GUUUUUUUUURL PLEASE THEY AIN'T EVEN CLOSE"

cnet128

Banned

I wish I wasn't at work right now so I could actually dare to watch this.

I doubt it's intentional and it's just a funny coincidence, since the seven deadly sins are basically generic human traits to begin with. You can fill the rest in pretty "easily" too. Zoro = Pride, Usopp = Sloth, Chopper = Wrath, Nico Robin = Envy. But you can just as easily rearrange some of them, since they are all characters with multiple human weaknesses and baggage.

I would have thought Usopp is Pride (since his whole deal is bigging himself up) and Chopper is Envy (since his initial conflict was wishing he could fit in like all the other reindeer/humans).

Which leaves Wrath and Sloth, either of which could work for Zoro (he has a notoriously bad attitude and is sleeping all the time), but I don't see how Sloth could work for Robin, so she'll have to take Wrath (which is definitely the weakest link, but makes a certain amount of sense considering she's the one with the biggest reason to hate the World Government and has her "dark" side).

But yeah, I doubt any of it's intentional.

How common is this?

Insert obligatory they have a word for it link here.

DAL II ep5 preview screens are up on the website. The :SDBurton-ifying of this season continues.

2467824ajaz.jpg

I wasn't really sure why vol 6 of the LN was called "Miku Lily" until R_thanatos's recent comments about her.

JoeFu

Banned
Arakawa Under the Bridge is awesome. On Episode 4 right now and Stella just beat the crap out of Recruit.

Show is pretty hilarious so far.

If anybody can make FSN as close as possible in awesome factor to FZ, it's the same guys who made FZ. As long as they don't have the "SAVE HER. SAVER HER WITH YOUR PENIS" bullshit.

Chariot

Is there a list with all the chapters that connect to the black organisation in Detective Conan / Case Closed? I want to read it again, but I am atm not very interested in the "filler" material (its not filler, but I dont have better word for it).

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I saw mention of IM@S lists.

There is only one correct list

Top: Everyone but Miki

Bottom: Miki

We don't count the Cinderella Girls.

Obviously if I was going to be more specific I'd put Haruka, Kotori... at the very top but the truth is they all bring something to the group... apart from Miki whose absence really wouldn't be missed.

Blusby

If anybody can make FSN as close as possible in awesome factor to FZ, it's the same guys who made FZ. As long as they don't have the "SAVE HER. SAVER HER WITH YOUR PENIS" bullshit.

It's like none of you even read the source material and keep sheeping off about that terribad, invalid DEEN fan production :'(

sonicmj1

Crest of the Stars 4

An episode with rising tension! Progress!

I feel like I'm going to get repetitive talking about this show. It has its positive points, but I feel like everything gets drowned under a mountain of exposition about distant empires, past alliances, and made-up units of measurement. I wish the pacing wasn't so languid, because there are a bunch of pretty interesting characters that could pop more if they were moving and acting. There's interesting development between the captain and Lafiel during their argument that really works, that both directly tells us a lot about Lafiel's role while implying much more.

I want more of that, and less of people scanning through a list in a language I can't read, or the captain giving an announcement where she says, "This is not a drill," at least three times, or a prologue where exposition is belched at the viewer in Baronh.

Naruto Shippuden Season 12 Episode 361 – Kakashi: Shadow of the ANBU Black Ops – Squad 7

Good final episode to this miniarc bringing it back to team 7 moments of part one with the bells. Will never forget Sasuke offering Naruto his lunch.

Back to canon next week!

TUSR

Banned
There have been cinema releases of it in certain places. An official English disk is also coming soon By Anime Limited in the UK and gkids in the US.

So there is no digital copy I can just buy or stream?

Well that sucks.

And the kickstarter for the ultimate edition wasnt going to ship to canada. im out of luck

Midonin

Aikatsu! 81

Yurika/Kaede may be my new favorite pairing. Yurika/Ran had potential, but these two and their eccentricities are fun to watch together, and they're my favorite characters overall. When/if they get a chance to sing in the Partners Cup, it's going to be glorious. Finding out how Mizuki and Mikuru met was a nice further bit of explanation for what, exactly, Mizuki's been doing in her off time and in general, the Dream Academy girls are blending into the cast a little more naturally these days. But Kaede/Yurika is the new old hotness.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The Wind Rises is out in cinemas tomorrow in the UK. Who's going to see it? Luckily my local does have subtitled showings. Gotta hear that authentic human dubbed engine noises.

euh ...

You remind me that i never finished the anime.
why did i drop this again ?i can't seem to remember ...

Yeah, I do think shes heading towards the disciple route and. However, the student has to overtake the master someday.
Well it's a very long road.
Oh dear. *hides list*
Don't worry , it's a peacefull war
Whoa, what the hell is this? Never heard of this anime.
It's devious dumb fun love story with a bit of mecha and large toppings to BISHONEN .
Clearly watchable, heck it's so enjoyable.
DAL II ep5 preview screens are up on the website. The :SDBurton-ifying of this season continues.

2467824ajaz.jpg

I wasn't really sure why vol 6 of the LN was called "Miku Lily" until R_thanatos's recent comments about her.
The garden must be seeked and protected !! A garden full of lilies everywhere
Well it looks better than the previous attempt...that's good i guess ??
I saw mention of IM@S lists.

There is only one correct list

Top: Everyone but Miki

Bottom: Miki

We don't count the Cinderella Girls.

Obviously if I was going to be more specific I'd put Haruka, Kotori... at the very top but the truth is they all bring something to the group... apart from Miki whose absence really wouldn't be missed.

I don't think i could count the cinderella girls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom