• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeppeli

Banned
Tomboys just don't do it for me. Not girlish enough for my tastes.

Woah, woah, woah. Over the line. Tomboys are the best girls, always.

Wow, KyoAni just posted a three-and-a-half minute PV for the recently released Tamako Love Story movie... but like everything else they put on YouTube it's still capped at 360p. Oh well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wtOmHQHhVk

It's gonna be an agonizing wait until this is on BD.

KyoAni's style is so boringly generic.

Jex

Honestly, this season for me has been pretty shit. Almost all of the shows are duds other than Ping Pong and Haikyuu(and I'm fully aware that the reason I like Haikyuu is because I'm not familiar with the tropes). The shows that are bad are really fucking bad, and the rest aren't picking up the slack. These things happen.

Luckily, Western TV is doing wonders for me as I'm watching POI, Boondocks, and American Dad.

Honestly I don't care about how many bad shows a season has or how bad they are. If a season has one or two good shows then I consider it to have been pretty good.

Zeppeli

Banned
Honestly, this season for me has been pretty shit. Almost all of the shows are duds other than Ping Pong and Haikyuu(and I'm fully aware that the reason I like Haikyuu is because I'm not familiar with the tropes). The shows that are bad are really fucking bad, and the rest aren't picking up the slack. These things happen.

Luckily, Western TV is doing wonders for me as I'm watching POI, Boondocks, and American Dad.

Have to agree, outside of the western TV. Back to using my TV only for sports at the moment. This season has nothing for me. It's all either started weak or started strong and completely dove into the deep end of the septic tank. JoJo is boring as hell until we hit DIO's World, and I still don't feel the push to watch it since I know everything that happens in the series up to the newest JoJolion chapter.

Gatchaman Crowds season 2 needs to hurry up.

Jex

dat SAO recommendation

funny thread tho.

Im not sure how long hes been on gaf, but for sure animeGAF is different now compared to back in the day. A lot of the stuff posted and talked about now used to be frowned upon back in the days and discussion of said shows was essentially ridiculed, but with the forum getting bigger and more posters getting involved, its normal/inevitable that all types of animu would eventually find their place here. No need to go out and insult people tho, just let people enjoy what they enjoy. shrug.

No! How dare people like what I don't like! Go away, all of you!

Thoraxes

Its okay AWESOMEBEAR.

NctopIW.jpg

Woah, woah, woah. Over the line. Tomboys are the best girls, always.
Part of my hierarchy is something like this (with some of them interchangable depending ont he show)
Osananajimi > Characters voiced by Chiaki Omigawa > Cake > Tsundere (preferably kugilolis) > #Kanna > Student Council President > Onee-chan > Non-blood Related Family > Pure Maidens

I'm sure someone out there is doing a psychological analysis as we speak.

Zeppeli

Banned
Part of my hierarchy is something like this (with some of them interchangable depending ont he show)
Osananajimi > Characters voiced by Chiaki Omigawa > Cake > Tsundere (preferably kugilolis) > #Kanna > Student Council President > Onee-chan > Non-blood Related Family > Pure Maidens

Well, at least we can agree pure maidens a shit. The best grills are pure maidens without having to have their entire character archetype built around it.

Branduil

Crest of the Stars 4

ibjDuUiji9fmSM.jpg

Are the Abh descended from the French?

This episode was fairly obviously a build-up to the next one. I guess something dramatic will finally happen!

It's a shame this show is so low-budget. There's a lot of interesting dynamics here but the cheap art and the stodgy-if-competent direction don't help much when the story slows down. I guess it gets better later on.

I guess what I'm saying is I look forward to the remake in 20 years or so.

Eusis

Sturgeon's tho

What's wrong with watching stuff to criticize it tho
I also can't help but wonder if he sort of JUST realized how questionable some anime can get with that kind of thread. That's something that's bugged me for awhile and you just have to come to terms with what you can and disregard what you can't.

Wow, KyoAni just posted a three-and-a-half minute PV for the recently released Tamako Love Story movie... but like everything else they put on YouTube it's still capped at 360p. Oh well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wtOmHQHhVk

It's gonna be an agonizing wait until this is on BD.

I haven't seen the show yet, but from what I can gather from visual hints in the trailer, looks like it'll be a romance story where yuri loses. The tears will be delicious, hyped.

"tsunderes >"

prrmsBil.jpg

Narag

"Oh boy! I do love me some GaoGaiGar! I got to import the dvds to get this suprisngly well done dub and such and-"
*FUCK YOU, VOLTRON IS YOUR GOD NOW*
"Like I Said, fuck Media Blasters"

IIRC they wanted to get the whole series out but low sales of the first eps meant that dubbing the second half wasn't cost-efficient.

Jex

[Eureka Seven] 30

firehawk12 would no doubt find it amusing, if he ever watched this series, that there's a dramatic haircut so dramatic that the entire cast have to comment on it. Oh the symbolism!

Narag

I also can't help but wonder if he sort of JUST realized how questionable some anime can get with that kind of thread. That's something that's bugged me for awhile and you just have to come to terms with what you can and disregard what you can't.

He was aware of it. Stance was he'd only watch the good stuff as he didn't have time for bad stuff, couldn't grasp some of us (beyond our silly complaints) would watch bad stuff to understand why it was bad.

my goodness thank you

i feel like the only one over the whole tsundere shtick lately

Tsunderes need to be done right for me to care anymore. Best girl from D-Frag was tsundere done right, where even her tsundere-ism wasn't her defining character and she had so much more personality other than angst.

For me though I'm a kuu/dandere guy. Something about their lack of emotions or how mad scientist so COOOOOOOOL they are just makes me like them more.

Thoraxes

my goodness thank you

i feel like the only one over the whole tsundere shtick lately

Tsunderes need to be done right for me to care anymore. Best girl from D-Frag was tsundere done right, where even her tsundere-ism wasn't her defining character and she had so much more personality other than angst.

For me though I'm a kuu/dandere guy. Something about their lack of emotions or how mad scientist so COOOOOOOOL they are just makes me like them more.

There's a hierarchy of tsundere sub-types though.

There isn't just one archetype that defines them all.
Okay who do you think is the Best Girl in all anime? And I mean a best girl who has class and excellent qualities. Let the arguments begin.

Obviously Speedwagon. Most pure, too.

There's a hierarchy of tsundere sub-types though.

There isn't just one archetype that defines them all.

Obviously Speedwagon. Most pure, too.

As much as I'm not a fan of tsunderes, I'm well aware there's a hierarchy of subtypes for them.

I mean Yui does rank pretty high in my TLRD rankings for a reason. Granted, it's cheating if there's two tsunderes in a cast.

Thoraxes

As much as I'm not a fan of tsunderes, I'm well aware there's a hierarchy of subtypes for them.

I mean Yui does rank pretty high in my TLRD rankings for a reason. Granted, it's cheating if there's two tsunderes in a cast.

I agree. There really should only be one per show.

Eusis

He was aware of it. Stance was he'd only watch the good stuff as he didn't have time for bad stuff, couldn't grasp some of us (beyond our silly complaints) would watch bad stuff to understand why it was bad.
Man, wonder what the hell broke him. I do think its good to sample some of the bad to get a feel for the low points though I couldn't stomach a whole series or anything.

Branduil

I dreamed I was in a plane crash then dreamed that the gas pump wouldn't stop pumping and i couldn't find the shutoff and it was just running up my credit card and and and

Nothing is worse than the dreams where you're late for school. Especially when you no longer go to school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom