• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, most anime OP music is bad, but there's always exceptions.

I can't believe I'm reading hate about this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ7zQbMxm28

I mean, it's got CLAMP, it's got feathers and roses, it's got people riding horses, mecha, and pizza. What more could you want?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBhsDtFUgdM

I'll take any version of japanese rock over the more poppy sounds. Like my favorite Gintama OP's were also the more punk rock-y ones.

And Detroit Metal City has best OP on lyrics alone. Cowboy Bebop not withstanding.

Narag

Ping Pong 5

5XADVTBl.png
holy fuck that was good. Found it interesting that Smile was only shown training or playing whereas everyone else had some focus outside of ping pong.

Favorite part of this ep was definitely Wenge breaking down on the train. Really humanizing after his intro ep but maybe that's the point in how this entire episode was presented: placing Kazama/Smile on a pedestal and examining with how four others deal with failure.

Theonik

Should I watch the fate series in broadcasted order with Fate/Stay Night first then Fate/Zero? Or should I watch it chronological order with Fate/Zero first and wait for the Fate/Stay Night Ufotable version? I just want to know the best way to enjoy the series.
You will have gotten your replies already but I'd start with Zero. You won't have a problem understanding anything really but there is a benefit of reading about the universe before hand for things that F/Z doesn't explain. The FSN anime is very poor though so you will not enjoy it much.
The Ufotable anime should be a large improvement worth waiting for. As for spoilers, F/Z expands on things that were a foundation for some of the 'twists' of FSN so they are there, but I would argue that knowing about them before hand will help make FSN more enjoyable.

Tomboys just don't do it for me. Not girlish enough for my tastes.
Wrong. SO WRONG.
Also.

Oh that Gochiusa poster mmm

Link : Image Link : Image Link : Image

the rest: link. Now I'm bailing out since I see this thread is crazy as ever.
Legs.

Are the Abh descended from the French?
The Abh are genetically engineered humans made for space exploration by a faction of Japanese Nazis who resented globalisation and wanted to create pure Japan once more in space isolating themselves from all other mankind progress. I won't say much more because the anime expands in part on these points. (or rather later anime)
You will have to read the books or wikis for a lot of that backstory though.

At least this isn't using default fonts!

Please, Woofington. You call those chins?

http://i.minus.com/iUCOtI5Lo1uKV.jpg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQdAr9Lb_cM

Narag

Nope. I like rock and metal, but even I recognize that Colors is much more charming and memorable than that one.

Think Colors is the better song but the sequence where Euphemia/Suzaku are dancing transitioning to him standing with the Lancelot crew is what I remember more than anything when I think about either OP.

cajunator

Banned
Man I miss the time when they often using popular band for animu's OP, G-Reco better have L'Arc song as OP or something.

there used to be a ton of great op/ed music.

You will have gotten your replies already but I'd start with Zero. You won't have a problem understanding anything really but there is a benefit of reading about the universe before hand for things that F/Z doesn't explain. The FSN anime is very poor though so you will not enjoy it much.
The Ufotable anime should be a large improvement worth waiting for. As for spoilers, F/Z expands on things that were a foundation for some of the 'twists' of FSN so they are there, but I would argue that knowing about them before hand will help make FSN more enjoyable.

Wrong. SO WRONG.
Also.

Legs.

The Abh are genetically engineered humans made for space exploration by a faction of Japanese Nazis who resented globalisation and wanted to create pure Japan once more in space isolating themselves from all other mankind progress. I won't say much more because the anime expands in part on these points. (or rather later anime)

At least this isn't using default fonts!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQdAr9Lb_cM

Fucking hell Makoto is so incredible.

fertygo

Think Colors is the better song but the sequence where Euphemia/Suzaku are dancing transitioning to him standing with the Lancelot crew is what I remember more than anything when I think about either OP.

Man I love that cut, the suspect card stills from Colors still the more memorable part for me though.. its make you curious from the get-go.

Jex

Well, "OP 2" is like a fan re-cut of OP 1 so it's pretty hard to remember!

Jex

recentgifs10cvkfa.gif

cajunator

Banned
You know, i should be a lot more miserable and not bouncy considering the clusterfuck I often deal with at work lol. Especially nights like last night. But I shall keep my head high for yall!

Narag

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Stardust Crusaders 6

I know people rag on Jotaro being "boring" but I love the stoic straight man routine he has going with the rest. Also really like the developing paranoia as the group realizes they don't know who they can or cannot trust given how dangerous Stands are.

8CAAO

Yep, typical Media Blasters. By what I have read about their recent releases, things don't seem to be doing well. I mean these discs are practically screaming bootleg! http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/showthread.php?9844-Otoboku-Maidens-Are-Falling-For-Me-Complete-Collection-%28AnimeWorks-Classics%29&p=237257&viewfull=1#post237257

Haha. Oh dear.

FULL MEMBER STATUS, BABY!

Congrats!

KyoAni's style is so boringly generic.

Wait... I take that back ;P

In what show can I find that magnificently chiseled chin that was a gift from the gods themselves?

You can't since it's those are edited.

Edit:

Wow, KyoAni just posted a three-and-a-half minute PV for the recently released Tamako Love Story movie... but like everything else they put on YouTube it's still capped at 360p. Oh well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wtOmHQHhVk

It's gonna be an agonizing wait until this is on BD.

Bah. I see Dera.

Vito

Banned
Some Bones for ducky's boner and best girl:

There's more here (same as before), a less cool but more pervy Capatin Earth pic, Chaika pic that's the same as the Newtype cover, Tamako Market, Aldnoah Zero (that's kinda dull), etc.

Shergal

Wow, KyoAni just posted a three-and-a-half minute PV for the recently released Tamako Love Story movie... but like everything else they put on YouTube it's still capped at 360p. Oh well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wtOmHQHhVk

It's gonna be an agonizing wait until this is on BD.

I feel like the reception to this is already destined to be poor based on the impression left by the TV show (particularly how the thematic thread of the TV show "resolved" lol). Hopefully it's done in such a way it can stand on its own, and it manages to capture that ep 9 magic. They just need to not overdo it and it could turn out a pretty entertaining romcom. That one would be a rare sight for anime so I'm still quietly optimistic.

However, the level of production from that trailer looks to be S-class Kyoani. Finally something that could be a treat to the eyes, and not the scrappy shit we've been getting ever since Hyouka ended.

Oh that Gochiusa poster mmm

the rest: link. Now I'm bailing out since I see this thread is crazy as ever.
ok ok i give up i give up ..i'm gonna watch aikatsu again i'm positive there is something in that anime that i haven't seen in 3 eps .. gonna try again.

Those rabbits are so CUTE/Cajun-tier.

Kurisu is like a D-tier tsundere. The traits inherent to the archetype are hardly exemplified by her character, nor are they even the major character trait of hers.

Lum is much better as an originator and a tier-list "queen"; the rest are just dilutions.
Define D-tier ? How many tiers of tsundere exist ? is d-tier still high tier ? because kurisu is actually high tier because she is not resulting to generic outcomes and surpass the tsundere expectation numerous times ! a capable tsundere !
Nah, it's the ones where you can't wake up, despite knowing it's a dream.

Then the toast falls out of your mouth and you run into your childhood friend.
Déja vu ?
Holy shit this thread went nuuuuuuuuts in just a few minutes just like always
Fixed for accuracy.
Some Bones for ducky's boner and best girl:

There's more here (same as before), a less cool but more pervy Capatin Earth pic, Chaika pic that's the same as the Newtype cover, Tamako Market, Aldnoah Zero (that's kinda dull), etc.
Kanbaru was forced to wear clothes to appear on magazines ! blasphemy !

Ps: not enough chaika

Jarmel

Banned
There's a new key visual for Aldnoah Zero, and the OP/ED were announced too. Kalafina is doing the OP, while Sawano is composing the ED as part of his new vocal unit SawanoHiroyuki[nZk]. Ughhh.... :(

Those mechs look sorta 2D. I know they're gonna be 3D but man...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom