• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
Nisekoi-18

11 minutes in:
LostSLAP.gif

This was the exact moment when I was reading the manga that I realized what a piece of shit this series was.

Fuck the mangaka.

/XX/

Am I the only one that liked the bird? He was literally Kayneth from Fate/Zero, but as a bird. Not just the same voice, but the same personality and everything. Just Kayneth, as a fat bird. I loved it.
I'm sure many liked him (I did), the same way people took pity of Kayneth 'FAST WHEELS' El-Melloi, and let's not forget that made him a fan favourite and the character who received more Valentine's Day chocolate of all in the Fate/Zero series at the time it aired, as said by the very same Mr. Urobuchi (https://twitter.com/Butch_Gen/statuses/302026561790562304). And as the good lord he is, well returned the favour this year for White Day too!

Look at him blushing, too adorable!

https://twitter.com/Ikari_Gendo/status/465145089371942913

I'm following in hosanna's footsteps, at least for a little while. Dealing with this community is beyond me at this point.
I'm sure you can't say the community as a whole thinks like that. I say don't just go again because of this, please!

Soma

Nisekoi-18

11 minutes in:
LostSLAP.gif

This was the exact moment when I was reading the manga that I realized what a piece of shit this series was.

Fuck the mangaka.

Was it the beach scene? Because yeah that's about where I dropped the series at too.

I'm not going to bother watching the latest Nisekoi, since I... haven't bothered, but what's this about a beach scene? All I saw was some sort of end card or something that reminds me of Rito's exploits of grabbing women by the ass

Jex

Wow, I accidentally listened to the Eureka Seven dubs. It's really fucking bad, Renton sound like he's about 30.

Chariot

Nisekoi-18

11 minutes in:
LostSLAP.gif

Fuck the mangaka.
Yo, man. I can accept that you don't like Nisekoi. But please don't hate Komi Naoshi. Please read his other works, the Oneshots (Island, Apple and Personant are very good) and Double Arts.
They killed him, Jarmel, they killed him. He can make really great and original stuff, but all of it was shot down by Jumpreaders. Only when he made Nisekoi, he could work, without Mangafans stabbing him in the back.
Never hate on Komi Naoshi. Hate Jumo and its readers.

Jarmel

Banned
I don't really have a post ready about Eureka Seven yet, and I haven't finished my re-watch so I don't imagine I'll be drafting one anytime soon. I can, briefly, summarise my opinion which is: this show is a lot better than I remember it being back in 2008. Clearly I must have had bad taste back then!

Still, while I don't have a lot to say I do think it's worth revelling in the glory that was 2005 BONES literally killing it. People probably remember the show visually in terms of the action animation (and so you should) but real credit needs to be given to the effects animators, the colouring and, surprisingly, the background artists who truly created a unique and distinct world:

Bonus GIF because why not:

e7op26jg6.gif

I'm actually going to do a rewatch, at some point or another, to do the webms for sakuga wiki but just rewatching episode 1, the main thing that stood out to me was the background art. You really don't see that level nowadays at all outside of PabloPower. Just in the first episode there's a lot of attention paid to the surroundings and building the world itself.

This really was BONES at their peak even if they faltered every now and then due to some :wonzo art.

Tenumi

Banned
I don't really have a post ready about Eureka Seven yet, and I haven't finished my re-watch so I don't imagine I'll be drafting one anytime soon. I can, briefly, summarise my opinion which is: this show is a lot better than I remember it being back in 2008. Clearly I must have had bad taste back then!

Still, while I don't have a lot to say I do think it's worth revelling in the glory that was 2005 BONES literally killing it. People probably remember the show visually in terms of the action animation (and so you should) but real credit needs to be given to the effects animators, the colouring and, surprisingly, the background artists who truly created a unique and distinct world:

e7op26jg6.gif

E7 is such a beutiful show.

Wow, I accidentally listened to the Eureka Seven dubs. It's really fucking bad, Renton sound like he's about 30.

...I loved the Eureka Seven dub.

I'm not going to bother watching the latest Nisekoi, since I... haven't bothered, but what's this about a beach scene? All I saw was some sort of end card or something that reminds me of Rito's exploits of grabbing women by the ass

i felt the same way with the end card , it felt like a toloveru scene.

Jarmel

Banned
Looking back, the fact that they pulled through for 50 episodes is praiseworthy (or is it just the current situation that is lamentable?..)

That is another thing of note in that I don't think it's the best animated mecha TV show (that would go to TTGL probably) but it ran for so long and to have the visual peaks that it does, it's really really commendable.

The camerawork in so many of the aerial battles are stellar.

Midonin

Mahouka 06

This enrollment arc is stretching into a seventh episode? This one had a bit more action and a bit less talking compared to previous weeks, but this show is really taking its time. On everything. I appreciated a bit of Mibu's backstory, and the politics of the world are a little clearer now. But I'm still not entirely sure where the show is going. A lot of work went into defining this universe, but so far, that's all it's been doing.

Soma

The part I'm referring to was basically (if I remember right)
Onodera finally FINALLY gets the courage to confess to Raku. They're alone together, she actually asks him if she can kiss him... and he fell asleep sitting up and somehow didn't hear her at all.

It's such a blatant and shameless way to maintain the status quo that I just couldn't take it anymore.

The part I'm referring to was basically (if I remember right)
Onodera finally FINALLY gets the courage to confess to Raku. They're alone together, she actually asks him if she can kiss him... and he fell asleep sitting up and somehow didn't hear her at all.

It's such a blatant and shameless way to maintain the status quo that I just couldn't take it anymore.

And not a single fuck was given that day.

Branduil

The Abh are genetically engineered humans made for space exploration by a faction of Japanese Nazis who resented globalisation and wanted to create pure Japan once more in space isolating themselves from all other mankind progress. I won't say much more because the anime expands in part on these points. (or rather later anime) You will have to read the books or wikis for a lot of that backstory though.

The funny thing is I can't tell if you're lying or not, because this is(unfortunately) entirely believable as something a Japanese writer might write.

phaze

Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood 30-64

So like,
what stopped Ed from sacrificing his Gate the moment he got auto mail arm attached ?

Brotherhood has the better production values and fights, a more satisfying and climactic ending but I think that on the whole I preferred the original series with its darker twist on events and unbutchered beginning.

Nisekoi 17-18

Meh episodes, the constant monologuing of clueless characters is finally getting on my nerves.

Stulaw

Raku + Kosaki = Rito + Haruna (TLR)
, I haven't watched the animé, but honestly, I remember that scene from the manga, and I think I stopped reading it for a while after that, it seriously annoyed me.

Eusis

Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood 30-64

So like,
what stopped Ed from sacrificing his Gate the moment he got auto mail arm attached ?
I imagine
it simply didn't occur to him, or he wouldn't have been able to let go until he matured more and was put into an even more desperate situation.

Thoraxes

Raku + Kosaki = Rito + Haruna (TLR)
, I haven't watched the animé, but honestly, I remember that scene from the manga, and I think I stopped reading it for a while after that, it seriously annoyed me.

But Haruna is the best TLR girl from the main cast.

Jarmel

Banned
I imagine
it simply didn't occur to him, or he wouldn't have been able to let go until he matured more and was put into an even more desperate situation.

It was more of an issue of pride. Go back to the very early scenes/episodes when he's talking with Rose. It shows his maturation as a person in that he's become much more humble since then.

Shengar

Yo, man. I can accept that you don't like Nisekoi. But please don't hate Komi Naoshi. Please read his other works, the Oneshots (Island, Apple and Personant are very good) and Double Arts.
They killed him, Jarmel, they killed him. He can make really great and original stuff, but all of it was shot down by Jumpreaders. Only when he made Nisekoi, he could work, without Mangafans stabbing him in the back.
Never hate on Komi Naoshi. Hate Jumo and its readers.

Poor Komi Naoshi, he is very similar to Akira Hiramoto in some way. Both created amazing work, only to be fucked by editorial, break both of their mind which makes them create cliche works out of despair and desperation.

Stulaw

But Haruna is the best TLR girl from the main cast.

What I meant was that
Rito confessed to Haruna at the beginning of TLR, yet he can't seem to throughout the rest of it, and still hasn't in its sequel despite them both having feelings for each other
, it's a nonsensical way of drawing things out.

Lala is the best girl, but also the most (not physically though) covered.

Soma

Poor Komi Naoshi, he is very similar to Akira Hiramoto in some way. Both created amazing work, only to be fucked by editorial, break both of their mind which makes them create cliche works out of despair and desperation.

Whoa hey there

Yeah for sure Me and the Devil Blues was a masterpiece but Prison School ain't a bad replacement at all.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Looking back, the fact that they pulled through for 50 episodes is praiseworthy (or is it just the current situation that is lamentable?..)

Yeah, 50 episodes of almost consistently great animation. How many studio can do that?
Eureka Seven is definitely one of the best mecha studio that bones ever produced (that AO is fucking awful though)

Thoraxes

What I meant was that
Rito confessed to Haruna at the beginning of TLR, yet he can't seem to throughout the rest of it, and still hasn't in its sequel despite them both having feelings for each other
, it's a nonsensical way of drawing things out.

Lala is the best girl, but also the most (not physically though) covered.

Oh I know, I was just joking around :p

And Onodera's mom can be like Haruna's older sister too, if you want.
Haruna isn't the best girl.
Things are heating up!

Nisekoi 18
So much HNNG in the first half especially Tsugumi. Then the BS comes. I can't understand why the manga has been going for so long when that scene happen. Also Onodera has based sand castle skills.

e7op26jg6.gif

One of the best anime openings of all time. Sooooooo goooooood.

First I thought it was a catchy song.

Then I heard the lyrics, and then found the manga.......Fuck my life. Forever ruined.

cajunator

Banned
Surprised to see so much interest in Tomako Love Story give the cool reception the show got. But I suppose it can only be better without focus on the talking bird.

Dera was the real problem. I didnt like the bird much. got in the way of everything.

Really, hosannainexcelsis, why did it had to end like this then? Why didn't just cherish that "10%" you don't find annoying? See, I like the kind of posts I could read from the likes of you, a important part of this all, but I also ain't going to fault the diversity of this thread's interactions just to accommodate any unique way of enjoying such a varied medium like is this one.

You know the real problem; that with people like you going away... were does that leave those of us here who enjoyed posts like yours and now can feel abandoned too? Shall we just also quit or move on to other place instead of expressing ourselves together? It is that kind of attitude what precisely creates the insularity you came here despising, man.

I just, don't get it... it seems to me like you didn't actually have a single good moment on this community along any of us to toss it all away in that manner now... that kind of makes everything, every time here feel like it is useless...

Entertainment is never useless! However the useless part is when people complain too much about something made for people to enjoy. Especially when a person has the freedom to AVOID things that make them angry. If someone enjoys something a person deems terrible, it is not an affront to that person that the item exists. Its the other persons right to enjoy the show or item and even to discuss it freely in the context of this thread.
Not everything I read on here is stuff I necessarily like. Though I read everything, theres a lot of times Im thinking to myself "I dont care about this show at all" but someone put the time and effort into posting it so I read it. Thats how I am. Its not even required to do this but I do it because I love this community and its contributors, even if they sometimes piss me off. Its about tolerance and open mindedness. The community is NOT tailored to an individual or their tastes. It is a collective of individuals united around a common interest which is anime.

Got to say them ara ara's are really a defining trait of Kurumi. But that's the thing that makes her the best and that voice actor which makes the full package.

Her ara ara's are a work of art.
She pulls them off so well. Such a confident ,smooth, elegant, goddesslike tone.

Ever felt like, even though some things may have improved, everything is still futile?

Nope! I never feel that way, because life isnt perfect. Things dont always work out but thats the challenge of it. The important thing is for people to stick together and love one another! I work my ass off for a salary much lower than people would expect but I get by. Im determined to!

And here I thought it was a good time for an animation fan like hosannainexcelsis lately; you know, not only for Mushi-shi's comeback but also because of Mr. Maruyama reassuring, mere days ago, the viability of both the Pluto adaptation and (for the nth time) The Dream Machine project completion (http://www.deculture.es/2014/04/30/entrevista-masao-maruyama/).

Of course... and sometimes it is so obvious and usual throughout a whole life that I think you end up not sweating too much about it, and focusing instead on those little "things" and spontaneous everyday pleasures. And little by little is worth it for that alone.

I agree XX. Focus on the little things that make you happy. those will always be somewhere. Something exists that makes each person happy. Even if you have to retreat into it sometimes, thats why its called escapism. Anime is my escapism, but it also my door into a community I feel truly comfortable with. I love all you guys from the bottom of my squee little heart I do.

So guys since the visual novel for Fate Stay Night is expensive should I just like watch a walkthrough on YouTube. Or would that be a bad idea.

A walkthrough would tell you what you need to know but thats no fun. Wait for Ufotable.

Clov

Just watched Nisekoi 18.

I am just SO done with this show. He was asleep, really?Protagonist was a bit of a jackass towards Chitoge. I finish all the shows I start, but I won't be picking up the second season of this.

What's with high schools in anime performing Romeo and Juliet anyway? Same thing popped up in Akuma no Riddle. Put on Othello or something for a change!

Link Man

Banned
Mekakucity Actors 5

Okay, that started out really stupid.

It got better, though.

ibfHpqeA0779W8.jpg

This might get heavy usage around here.

Still not too keen on this show, but I'll keep watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom