• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thoraxes

Nisekoi - 18

Fuuuuuuuck that ending. I don't like
resets, especially like this.
The momentum was going so good too!

Also I choked on my coffee when the end card came up. Like hooooly shit. Lord and Savior Yabuki.

Edit: I get why Onodera is the one in that position in the endcard too!

What I meant was that
Rito confessed to Haruna at the beginning of TLR, yet he can't seem to throughout the rest of it, and still hasn't in its sequel despite them both having feelings for each other
, it's a nonsensical way of drawing things out.

Lala is the best girl, but also the most (not physically though) covered.

I agree Lala was by far the best girl and they were so close to getting married. Should of ended there instead of lets start a harem with your little sisters.

Midonin

Fairy Musketeers OVA/Pilot

ncYlBu5.jpg

Kugimiya Level: 110%

So this was more intended for figure collectors than ever being a TV series. There are some signs of that, such as Red fighting with two knives instead of anything marketable. The show occupies this weird space between being a romcom and being a magical girl series. Souta's the central figure and holder of the central plot device, but just as much attention is being given to Red's fight against the invaders from her homeland. Ringo's Kugimiya at her Kugimiya-est... also, a girl named Ringo Kinoshita and Yukarin in the same show. Coincidences. Yukari Tamura really has played all kinds of magical girls, has she?

My favorite part of all this came upon me midway through. The monsters Red was facing were a bat and a spider. The classic Kamen Rider duo of beasties. Can always appreciate a good Rider reference. Typical, but enjoyable. I'll see what was changed when I start on the TV series version tomorrow.

Jarmel

Banned
Captain Earth-6
Well they weren't lying I guess. This episode served as one big infodump for both the audience and characters serving to fill in all the narrative gaps so far. I liked this episode much more than 5 as it lays out some of the groundwork for the plot and also starting to put some needed work not only into Hana but the characters as a whole. It's pretty clear now what's going on even if there are a few quibbles. It also served to re-establish my faith in the narrative in that Enokido does have a grasp on the overall plot even if it seemed a little crazy early on.
iDJlVKfwwfk5P.jpg

I loved this style for the flashback. I really want an extended animated sequence in this style(similar to the Space Dandy episode but in higher mecha quality)
Also remember, always watch the boomerang.

All right, I'm about to start A wakening of the Trailblazer right now.

Time to see what exactly qualifies as the worst Gundam of all time when this is the first Gundam show I finished!

I'm really scared right now.

Link Man

Banned
Captain Earth 6

ibw2RpbNd49iON.jpg

wat

Forget giant robots, this show is all about THE BOOMERANG!

Oh hey, next episode we might actually get some action!

cajunator

Banned
Can't read the article, but if it says what you say it does then I'm filled with hope. Pluto's one of my favorite manga, and finishing Satoshi Kon's final film is something that simply must happen. I hope we see both of these within a few years.

This pleases me greatly.

Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngngngngngnn!

I'm glad they seem to have realized no one gave a shit about the bird. Good.

hnnng indeed nakama!

So exactly who did Hosannainexcelsis have an axe to grind with anyway?

He actually listed people. It probably went deeper than that.

Buy for Taiga? No, no, not this time.

I'll pretend I never read this!

mAQUQkj.gif

Of course!

RED CHAIKA ASS.
BEST GIRL OF THE FOREVER KANBARU.
Good stuff.

you should focus on essential things Zachy, like CCS blurays. Once you acquire those then save up for this game if necessary.
Chaika is indeed a wonderful creation. I guess Kanbaru is ok too.

https://twitter.com/Ikari_Gendo/status/465145089371942913

I'm following in hosanna's footsteps, at least for a little while. Dealing with this community is beyond me at this point.

Best of luck Arti. See you when you return.

I don't really have a post ready about Eureka Seven yet, and I haven't finished my re-watch so I don't imagine I'll be drafting one anytime soon. I can, briefly, summarise my opinion which is: this show is a lot better than I remember it being back in 2008. Clearly I must have had bad taste back then!

Still, while I don't have a lot to say I do think it's worth revelling in the glory that was 2005 BONES literally killing it. People probably remember the show visually in terms of the action animation (and so you should) but real credit needs to be given to the effects animators, the colouring and, surprisingly, the background artists who truly created a unique and distinct world:

Bonus GIF because why not:

e7op26jg6.gif

If only it didnt have those goddamned kids in it.
Its a very eye-pleasing show.

Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san - 05

Mouse girl is bold! RESPECT!

Hell yeah! there arent enough mouse girls!
I really like the one from Touhou. Little cutie *tweaks her ears

Nisekoi 18
Literally puffy vulva ED card. How is this allowed?

Theres nothing explicit. It isnt even a good endcard. At least it has Onodera in it though.

One of the best anime openings of all time. Sooooooo goooooood.

First I thought it was a catchy song.

Then I heard the lyrics, and then found the manga.......Fuck my life. Forever ruined.

a manga? Ive never seen a manga associated with this song.

I agree Lala was by far the best girl and they were so close to getting married. Should of ended there instead of lets start a harem with your little sisters.

I always liked Momo the best. I think its the hair.

Happy June 3rd everybody!
Out of all the pictures they could have used for the cover :lol
you should focus on essential things Zachy, like CCS blurays. Once you acquire those then save up for this game if necessary.
Chaika is indeed a wonderful creation. I guess Kanbaru is ok too.
I'm not working until some time next week so it'll have to wait! Also Kanbaru is DA GODDESS who made me fall in love with Miyukichi <333

cajunator

Banned
I know Sentai's stuff often ships early, but that's almost a whole month ahead of time! Usually for me they ship two weeks early. Maybe if I'm lucky I'll get my Flowers of Evil Blu-Ray at the beginning of June.

I guess I need to preorder stuff a bit earlier. I usually order a week or two away from release so shit doesnt get backordered so much.

I'm not working until some time next week so it'll have to wait! Also Kanbaru is DA GODDESS who made me fall in love with Miyukichi <333

Im workin my ass off too. All work and no play makes Cajjy a lsightly dull penguin. but not really cause I bounce alot!

Clov

Decided to finally watch brown Shinji Nadia, what's the consensus here on the 2 infamous arcs later on? Pretty much everyone I know suggested to skip them (expect for 2 episodes), GAF opinion?

I loved Nadia, but I hated the island arc so much. It was just so... stupid...

From what I remember only the last episode of it or so is really necessary for the story, so if you want you can just skip most of it.

Thoraxes

I know Sentai's stuff often ships early, but that's almost a whole month ahead of time! Usually for me they ship two weeks early. Maybe if I'm lucky I'll get my Flowers of Evil Blu-Ray at the beginning of June.
It's certainly possible! This was the first time I got something this early. My Hidamari BDs only came like 2 weeks early.
Haha, yeah.

I guess I need to preorder stuff a bit earlier. I usually order a week or two away from release so shit doesnt get backordered so much.

According to the writing on the package... I guess I was pre-order number 9 lol.

Mendrox

Nisekoi - 18

Fuuuuuuuck that ending. I don't like
resets, especially like this.
The momentum was going so good too!

Also I choked on my coffee when the end card came up. Like hooooly shit. Lord and Savior Yabuki.

Edit: I get why Onodera is the one in that position in the endcard too!

Wow didnt realize that Onodera has the same seiyuu as the best imotou on this planet.
Thank you Yabuki & Shaft. This card was perfect

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders episode 6
Did..did they just censor someone smoking......in japan?
Also I feel like the girl is suddenly going to look alot older than she originally did next episode.

Happy June 3rd everybody!

Have you got around to watching this yet? Kind of curious to see what viewers think of Sentai's video authoring this time with everything on one BD-50. GJ-bu did the same thing back in March, but that authoring was done in Japan and that disc literally only had the 12 episodes (no subtitles, clean OP/ED, specials, or trailers).

Jex

[Patema Inverted]

Okay, so why were people so mad about this movie again? I mean, I have a list of problems but I need to hear other's problems too! I guess it's been awhile since those early screenings.

Edit: Searching through other people's earlier comments on the movie reveals objections nearly identical to my own.

Thoraxes

Have you got around to watching this yet? Kind of curious to see what viewers think of Sentai's video authoring this time with everything on one BD-50. GJ-bu did the same thing back in March, but that authoring was done in Japan and that disc literally only had the 12 episodes (no subtitles, clean OP/ED, specials, or trailers).

It looks fine so far, and I have been able to verify that it is indeed the actual bluray release complete with edits and such.

As for the quality it looks nice and crisp, but I should probably do some actual comparisons between the BD and TV versions to see how this fared overall on a more microscopic level.

cnet128

Banned
Mushishi Zoku-shou 6

Perhaps the first truly messed-up story of the new season. And
the first one that didn't have a particularly happy ending. Though I suppose it wasn't that bad, seeing as the only people who died were the guy who frankly deserved it and the girl who had lived more than long enough already

Plenty of beautiful imagery, which is to be expected of an episode centred around sakura.

Clov

It looks fine so far, and I have been able to verify that it is indeed the actual bluray release complete with edits and such.

As for the quality it looks nice and crisp, but I should probably do some actual comparisons between the BD and TV versions to see how this fared overall on a more microscopic level.

That's good to know, I was worried that video quality would suffer with their new "shove 12 episodes on one disc" strategy. Looks like I'll be preordering Kiniro Mosaic from them after all!

Captain Earth 6

This episode was good it gave us a little insight on the plot that's being established. It's seem a few things are getting cleared up but it's still a bit confusing. And I really don't understand what the characters mean when they talk about the wind, does that have some connection to the story? I actually like the uncle's character and even more of the commander's character. Aside from that visuals been great and the OST too.

Good to hear the quality is good so far, but it sounds like you still have yet to complete all 12 episodes. Hopefully this means Sentai has gotten around to using better authoring methods.

/XX/

Truly the way to go, I think! Encouraging as always, pal...

Decided to finally watch brown Shinji Nadia, what's the consensus here on the 2 infamous arcs later on? Pretty much everyone I know suggested to skip them (expect for 2 episodes), GAF opinion?
You could say that even the very same staff who worked on it (except for maybe poor Shinji Higuchi, left alone to handle all that outsourcing madness) would suggest you so as well, judging The Nautilus Story edit for home video release and its guidance which avoided much of episodes 23 through 34:

View topic - Nadia--The Nautilus Story **SPOILERS** :: EvaGeeks.org Forum - an Evangelion Fan Community
http://forum.evageeks.org/post/349973/Nadia-The-Nautilus-Story-SPOILERS/

Our very own Regulus Tera suffered that rite of passage which are the 'Island Arc' & 'Africa Arc' not too long ago, I wish he could be around here to show you his emotional scars earned by such tripe! :-D

Mature

Ahh, that's too bad to see hosannainexcelsis go. Pretty early on I took note to read his posts. Hope he can straighten things out with his "time off". Honestly, I think if every person who complained about the type of posts you read in here made a determined effort to post more of what they think to be more meaningful content, there wouldn't be an issue.

Man that collection looks insane. Would buy on Blu-Ray, considering it's one of the greatest anime ever made.
I wish the greatest anime ever made were more often 24-26 episodes. 50 is a less approachable number.

cajunator

Banned
Truly the way to go, I think! Encouraging as always, pal...

You could say that even the very same staff who worked on it (except for maybe poor Shinji Higuchi, left alone to handle all that outsourcing madness) would suggest you so as well, judging The Nautilus Story edit for home video release and its guidance which avoided much of episodes 23 through 34:

View topic - Nadia--The Nautilus Story **SPOILERS** :: EvaGeeks.org Forum - an Evangelion Fan Community
http://forum.evageeks.org/post/349973/Nadia-The-Nautilus-Story-SPOILERS/

Our very own Regulus Tera suffered that rite of passage which are the 'Island Arc' & 'Africa Arc' not too long ago, I wish he could be around here to show you his emotional scars earned by such tripe! :-D

Im glad that you agree!

Speakin of Nadia I finally purchased it so it got moved up on my backlog.

Thoraxes

That's good to know, I was worried that video quality would suffer with their new "shove 12 episodes on one disc" strategy. Looks like I'll be preordering Kiniro Mosaic from them after all!

Good to hear the quality is good so far, but it sounds like you still have yet to complete all 12 episodes. Hopefully this means Sentai has gotten around to using better authoring methods.

I can notice some minor compression when I pause it (so far), but it's impossible to notice while it's in motion. Part of it may be my TV calibration as well. I'm using a 55" Samsung smart TV.

When in motion I can sit like 1 foot away from my TV and not notice anything, but when I pause it you can see some. If I sit back at the recommended distance I can't see much.

If you have a smaller television or are watching in 720p, you probably won't even notice a thing.

Overall it's still pretty great so far and worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom